Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Drugs mafia has ended in a Drug victory~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kashuno

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
no avatar 3/10

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ernie. posted:

oh man, it's so good. ergonomics wise it's not the greatest, and it can't be because microsoft specifically has an enormous budget to get that right on the x360 controller. but the customization of the control schemes and how accurate the touchpad controls are and how smart the entire thing is are all above and beyond my expectations.

when i had kb+m and my x360 controller, i used to have two moods. "i'm up for playing video games" and "i'm up for playing video games so long as i use a controller and can just ... not sit tense". now it's just one mood "i'm up for playing video games and oh god someone had better have already made a control scheme". it's that perfect.

Man I should get one.

The touchpads are actually usable? I could play something like Civ 5 easily?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I did your TV thing Rarity

I forget who all from here I am FB friends with. Keane and Ernie and Asiina and Exakt I think and Joffre

I hate Keyboard+Mouse controls. For literally almost anything.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

Man I should get one.

The touchpads are actually usable? I could play something like Civ 5 easily?

With momentum enabled, yup! The touchpads have a feature to take into account your speed of movement to decide how far to scroll the mouse pointer/map overview. It's not something you're going to be familiar with right away, but once you get good at it it's equally as simple as using a mouse.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is it mac-friendly?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it mac-friendly?

Yes, but with one caveat. You have to opt-in to the 'steam client beta' for it to work with Macs. Valve is being very very careful to not push updates to the controller unless they are 100% on it. It works fine, there are no bugs! But I guess when you're Valve you want to make sure it's not 99.99%.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I was just trying to decide what to do with my Netflix subscription in the New Year, and noticed that 5/10 of my picks in Rarity's TVIV thread were Netflix shows. I guess I'll keep it. :argh:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Little Mac posted:

I did your TV thing Rarity

I forget who all from here I am FB friends with. Keane and Ernie and Asiina and Exakt I think and Joffre

Me you jerk. Jeez louise.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Jessica Jones & Daredevil alone justify the expense of a Netflix account, and then there's Kimmy Schmidt!

And then there's the loads of other Netflix original stuff I've not watched ugh there aren't enough hours in the day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Opopanax posted:

Me you jerk. Jeez louise.

oh yeah you post more than all those losers

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am extremely happy with my Netflix membership, I can't imagine getting rid of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I go on facebook every day and never post.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Opopanax posted:

We just stopped using AIM this year, and IRC is still very popular. Ecco has infected this community with ludditism

I still use AIM but my buddy list has like three people in it so it's mostly momentum at this point

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I use AIM at work all the time despite having both Office Communicator and Hipchat installed

In fact there are times when I'm simultaneously carrying on conversations in all 3 at once which can get real confusing

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

I am extremely happy with my dad's Netflix membership, I can't imagine getting rid of it.

Fixed that for me.

Ernie. posted:

Yes, but with one caveat. You have to opt-in to the 'steam client beta' for it to work with Macs. Valve is being very very careful to not push updates to the controller unless they are 100% on it. It works fine, there are no bugs! But I guess when you're Valve you want to make sure it's not 99.99%.

Beta huh? I may wait for a bit. Also I have no money at the moment, I'm gonna try to get a 360 controller working on this hunk of junk of mine, I'm sure there's a way, but if it's not easy then I'll probably shell out for the steam controller nonetheless.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I use hangouts and steam for all my chatting needs.

And forum mafia discussion threads, obviously.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Had lunch and hung out with LUTR today. Was p. cool. I talked about Counterstrike too much, but it was fun. Would do again.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ixtlilton posted:

Had lunch and hung out with LUTR today. Was p. cool. I talked about Counterstrike too much, but it was fun. Would do again.

Too bad she wouldn't!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

TMMadman posted:

Too bad she wouldn't!

:iceburn:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Booking things in china is a worse experience then having my wisdom teeth out.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ixt how u feel about gnomes

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

imgay posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

Ixt how u feel about gomez

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

imgay posted:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Did You Know That:

Sean Astin, aka Sam from the Lord of the Rings; his adoptive father is John Astin, aka the original Gomez Addams from the 60s.

I thought that's really neat.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Steve Austin wasn't in Lord of the Rings you loving idiot. He was in King of the Ring. 97. He beat up Shawn Michaels a bunch. Lord of the Rings featured a bunch of vanilla midgets throwing a gem into the sun. Who cares. Go ride a bike, you nerd.

Anyone could've told you that. I could've if you just ran that post by me hot quick. Please don't try to post without my help, ecco. We care about you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Authorman posted:

We care about you.

you almost had me until here.

also I just participated in the TVIV thing, I will now proceed to judge all of your selections.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Germany is the only european nation I recognize since it has spawned so many important people like:

mozart

mike piazza

alf

a pizza

mmm with pepperoni and extra red pepper flakes

All those important contributors to German and therefore Civilized culture. Man I wish the confederacy won the civil war.

Everytime I play Team Fortress with my Amish friends altogether in a barn and they correctly use Medics I shout out Pennsylvania Dutch LAN Uber Allies! This may be why I am no longer nor have ever been invited to bring my alienware rig to a barn raising. Those fuckers don't even skype brah. Anyway that's a list of words from me Coach Z, your internet throwback quarterback sack from deep thirteen. Keep it Howl, owl you bowels out there in Radioland.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Authorman posted:

Germany is the only european nation I recognize since it has spawned so many important people like:

mozart

mike piazza

alf

a pizza

mmm with pepperoni and extra red pepper flakes

All those important contributors to German and therefore Civilized culture. Man I wish the confederacy won the civil war.

Everytime I play Team Fortress with my Amish friends altogether in a barn and they correctly use Medics I shout out Pennsylvania Dutch LAN Uber Allies! This may be why I am no longer nor have ever been invited to bring my alienware rig to a barn raising. Those fuckers don't even skype brah. Anyway that's a list of words from me Coach Z, your internet throwback quarterback sack from deep thirteen. Keep it Howl, owl you bowels out there in Radioland.
From now on, I'm gonna mentally read all of Authorman's postsas voice acted by Three Dog.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I recognize Croatia because I once spent 5 minutes talking about the history of Croatia in the Black Sea to a coworker who was of Croatian descent. Very memorable.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BabeLiker90 posted:

I recognize Croatia because I once spent 5 minutes talking about the history of Croatia in the Black Sea to a coworker who was of Croatian descent. Very memorable.

now I'm no geographer but I am like 90% certain Croatia isn't anywhere near the Black Sea. Do you mean Bulgaria?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Authorman, do you have a facebook or a twitter?

You're the best shitposter I've ever seen and I think I love you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

now I'm no geographer but I am like 90% certain Croatia isn't anywhere near the Black Sea. Do you mean Bulgaria?

That's why it was so memorable. It was only after those 5 minutes had elapsed that they pointed out I was talking about the Crimea.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

imgay posted:

Gnomes are good, but be careful because they are known illusionists and will trick you.

Gomez is good, but be careful because he is a known comedian and will star in a sitcom you'll have to watch with your family.

Edit: Also, Diqnol, wanna do some CS tonight?

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Poison Mushroom posted:

Authorman, do you have a facebook or a twitter?

You're the best shitposter I've ever seen and I think I love you

My twitter is in my profile. You could be my fourth subscriber after Xythar, Alasdair, and someone I don't know. Congrats I rarely post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Well that'll do it then.

Authorman and I are talking in the dubtrack channel (to which all of you should join), and he posed an interesting question for me:

Is a burrito a sandwich?

My kneejerk was to say no, a sandwich can't be one cohesive thing of bread/tortilla/whatever, it has to be two separate ones. But then he brought up the classic hoagie, which is indisputably a sandwich despite only being one piece. That makes me think hot dogs are sandwiches, too, which is weird to say - it doesn't feel right on the tongue that's for sure. But I still think sandwiches need to be bread bread, not tortillas, but where is the line drawn? Whole wheat wraps are pretty close to just being thin bread after all, and those are only a skip away from tortillas.

I do not know the answer mafia thread. Do you have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
New Hampshire: where even the pizza is wrong