Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

That Goku has way better links though. Plus what would you really want buffed?

I'm certainly not saying Angel Goku is better. I'd like to see him at a few hundred more attack. More than SSJ PHY Vegeta, at least. Determined Defender (SR AGL) Goku has a higher attack, too. He's not Xeno Trunks by a mile, but Angel Goku was a pain in the rear end to get to SA10, so I was hoping for more.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

I'm certainly not saying Angel Goku is better. I'd like to see him at a few hundred more attack. More than SSJ PHY Vegeta, at least. Determined Defender (SR AGL) Goku has a higher attack, too. He's not Xeno Trunks by a mile, but Angel Goku was a pain in the rear end to get to SA10, so I was hoping for more.

That's probably fair, on the flip side JPN version just got the ability to dokkan that Goku; if we're lucky we'll be able to dokkan as a LR later:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 28, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

That's probably fair, on the flip side JPN version just got the ability to dokkan that Goku; if we're lucky we'll be able to dokkan as a LR later

That'd be madness. I'm into that idea.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So much to do, so little time... Finally got my AGL team awakened, so I can now farm the event PHY Gohan to SA10. Then I have to farm a SA10 Angel Goku, to get the SSJ while getting all my mono-teams awakened and getting as much rank as possible before the double Xp event ends.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So trying to farm the TEQ Goku to give me an 2nd Angel Goku, the game started giving me multiple Gokus. First I got 2 twice, then they gave me 3 when I only needed 1 more to get that SA to 9 thanks to the free Angel Goku you got for the first stage. Crazy game.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Did the twenty stone pull and got SSR Teq Freeza. It was worth it

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
I got two Perfect Power Cells out of the 20-stone pull, when should I combine them? Do I do it now when they're both level 1, do I awaken both of them first? I can't remember if that matters or not.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Syrant posted:

I got two Perfect Power Cells out of the 20-stone pull, when should I combine them? Do I do it now when they're both level 1, do I awaken both of them first? I can't remember if that matters or not.

For SSGSS Vegeta, I trained up one to like 50 with some random junk, then the other to 30 and just did the smaller into the larger. I think that's the best you can really do. Doesn't really matter if you do it before or after.

General question: Are any of the current event stages good for cash? I'm getting a little bored of Dr. Gero's Ambition. Need like 500k more for SSGSS Vegeta.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Can we talk about the new JPN card?

http://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1003240

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me

Webbeh posted:

My god it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Webbeh posted:

:psyduck:
Did he ever actually go SS3 outside of that DragonBall Heroes game?
I mean, logically, he should be able to, seeing as how he can reach SS Blue. Sure, the form is irrelevant now, but still, technically, he should be able to do it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

oh gently caress yeah we're finally getting into weird what-if territory

here comes ssj4 broly down the line

in other news: did my 20 stone multisummon and got the SR SSJ Gohan from RoF and the phys SSR SSJ Vegeta. that's the good ssj vegeta right?

I'm debating whether i want to use him or the piccolo that pairs with my ssj gohan(bonus ki is always good) as my phys guy on my rainbow UR team.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I paid money to get up to 20 stones. Seemed like as good a time as any to throw a few bucks the game's way.
It wasn't the worst pull I've ever made. Got another two SR kid Trunks', an SR Dabura and another SR Android 17. Dabura seems pretty cool.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

oh gently caress yeah we're finally getting into weird what-if territory

here comes ssj4 broly down the line

in other news: did my 20 stone multisummon and got the SR SSJ Gohan from RoF and the phys SSR SSJ Vegeta. that's the good ssj vegeta right?

I'm debating whether i want to use him or the piccolo that pairs with my ssj gohan(bonus ki is always good) as my phys guy on my rainbow UR team.

I wouldn't say either is amazing, but PHY SSJ Vegeta has a better passive and less competition for the PHY spot on an SSJ team. TEQ SSJ Vegeta has slightly better stats and a terrible passive.

cptn_dr posted:

I paid money to get up to 20 stones. Seemed like as good a time as any to throw a few bucks the game's way.
It wasn't the worst pull I've ever made. Got another two SR kid Trunks', an SR Dabura and another SR Android 17. Dabura seems pretty cool.

Dabura's really solid, especially if you get Good Buu or Majin Vegeta to pair him with. His leader skill is also worth noting, the +40% attack ones are worth looking at as an alternative to +ki.

On a different note, I Z-Awakened SSGSS AGL Vegeta and SSJ TEQ Goku. I'm not so sure about Vegeta, I feel like the STR version's better with that +80% on specials since both just have Extreme damage. Though, it's pretty close and they have different utility. Shame I can't use them together, it'd be amazing to hit all 5 of those links on both.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 29, 2015

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Did the 20 stone pull and got SSR STR Super Saiyan Goku, The RoF Super Saiyan Gohan, TEQ Imperfect Cell, and STR First form Freeza. Pretty good overall.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm so loving hyped for DBH bullshit in this game

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Awakened my Teq Goku up to UR. He nicely slots into my Super Saiyan/ Kamehameha team, so I'm pretty thrilled to have him. It's nice having an SA10 ur card, too.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm totally on board with the crazy train. I know some people don't like it but who gives a poo poo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kind of weird we didn't get a replacement strike event. Oh well, I'm out of a lot of bronze medals and money anyway.

Now that I have that new SSJ TEQ Goku, I'm looking at Z-Awakening SSJ TEQ Vegeta. He can't be that bad if he's with other Super Saiyans, can he?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Kind of weird we didn't get a replacement strike event. Oh well, I'm out of a lot of bronze medals and money anyway.

I feel like it's best to focus on the double XP going on right now anyways.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Str kid Gohan, first form cell, recoome and bojack were my 20 stone SR's. Bojack is nice, to level up his super. Otherwise I'm kind of :effort: on that pull. Paid out the $16.99 for the stones and kind of regret it a little.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I got two different SR Yamchas from my 20 stone pull.

I'm gonna save my stones and let the pool fill up a bit more. I have plenty of SSRs to deal with for now anyway thanks to the rate up :v:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Got STR SS2 Gohan with my 20 stone pull. I'm am beside myself with delight... except my other significant SSR pulls are STR Goku and STR Trunks while I could really use a strong AGL SSR.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and this has one of my favorite DBZ scenes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Grinding these medals for Android 13 is extremely tedious

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
I have too many good PHY cards. It's a rough loadout if I actually want to bring all of them. Ug.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Grinding these medals for Android 13 is extremely tedious

I basically gave that poo poo up as soon as I got the SSR Teq Freeza

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Syrant posted:

I have too many good PHY cards. It's a rough loadout if I actually want to bring all of them. Ug.

I'm in the opposite boat. I have SR Kid Gohan, SR Teen Gohan, and SR perfect Cell. And nothing else of value.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just cracked the triple digit rank, I'm now 102! I also finally finished Z-Hard in the campaign too. Any tips for clearing a stage in 15 without items? I guess a mono green team would be best. He just hits so hard.

I'm debating doing a multi from the stones I got from finishing the campaign, I got just enough now.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Just cracked the triple digit rank, I'm now 102! I also finally finished Z-Hard in the campaign too. Any tips for clearing a stage in 15 without items? I guess a mono green team would be best. He just hits so hard.

15-1 is probably best, only one stop-fight. And yes, mono TEQ.

Why is it TEQ and not TEC anyway?

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm debating doing a multi from the stones I got from finishing the campaign, I got just enough now.

Did you already do the 20 stones pull? If yes, don't pull. BoG is on the horizon, probably tuesday, and the new cards blow everything but SSJ3 Goku away. All 3 new SSRs are top 5 and you can pull a new SR you can dokkan into SSG Goku that will take care of all our PHY troubles.
And did I mention how good the AGL SSG Goku is?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

15-1 is probably best, only one stop-fight. And yes, mono TEQ.

Why is it TEQ and not TEC anyway?

Did you already do the 20 stones pull? If yes, don't pull. BoG is on the horizon, probably tuesday, and the new cards blow everything but SSJ3 Goku away. All 3 new SSRs are top 5 and you can pull a new SR you can dokkan into SSG Goku that will take care of all our PHY troubles.
And did I mention how good the AGL SSG Goku is?

Thanks for both tips! I'll definitely wait then. Hope SOMEONE is added to link with my Whis besides the Teq Beerus :/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Thanks for both tips! I'll definitely wait then. Hope SOMEONE is added to link with my Whis besides the Teq Beerus :/

How about SR AGL Beerus? :v:

Gentleman is a pretty okay link, though. Pikkon, Ginyu, SR Cell, Android 16.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

How about SR AGL Beerus? :v:

Gentleman is a pretty okay link, though. Pikkon, Ginyu, SR Cell, Android 16.

AGL Beerus isn't coming anytime soon though. SSR STR Beerus however fits your Whis perfectly, while outdamaging SSJ3 without a problem. Both SSG Gokus also have the Godly Power link, so not all is lost

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
I got an EOI Frieza from a friendpoint multipull!

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I don't have the team cost to run it but I have 6 base SSR goku's that can all be on the same team:
AGL SSGSS A God Evolved Goku
AGL SS2 The Fruits of Training Goku
STR SS3 The power to shake the universe goku
STR SS Convulsing Rage Goku
AGL Transending Limits goku (kaioken)
STR An Exiting Adventure goku (kid) that I got from the gold ticket from the tournament

I don't think that would actually be the best team I can make if I had the team cost though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

That would be a pretty drat good team since I think almost all of those have Kamehameha

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You still need at least 8 Ki for a Kamehameha and you only have two types to set them up. I don't think its better than a strong SR/SSR monoteam with +3 Ki leaders. Kamehameha in a rainbow team feels more like a win-more button to me right now, its just not very reliable. Still a loving sweet bunch, SSJ2/3 and Kaioken Goku at least will be top-tier for a long long time.

Can't wait until we get Mystic Gohan, finally we can do a rainbow team based on super attacks.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I have SSJ 2 entrusted mission gohan (teen) that would replace kid goku and would give all of them +2 ki when he is up and if I set it so kaioken and SSJ3 are in the same rotation they give each other +3 ki. But then it is not team goku ):

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Finally Battle of Gods has been announced and since the event news tells us poo poo all about the event, let me :spergin: out a bit:

First of all, every character in this event and gacha is good, most of them are really really good. The gacha contains 3 new SSR (SSG Goku, Whis and Beerus) and 3 SR (Mr. Buu, Vegeta and SSJ Goku) and the event lets you dokkan two characters, one from the gacha (SSJ Goku into SSG Goku) and one farmable during the event (R Goku into SR SSJ Goku).

The SR SSJ Goku you get for free is probably the weakest of the bunch, although SA10 helps. He has a decent statline and the normal SSJ link-stuff + Kamehameha and All in the Family. He lacks some damage though, since he has the same 5% healing passive Angel Goku has. His best place is probably in a SSJ rainbow team, until you get one of the SSR Int SSJs, or in an Int team if you have all the SSJ. He doesn't link with Golden/Mecha Freeza and only through Saiyan Warrior Race with the Vegeta guys, so he isn't particularly good in most F2P Int teams.

The 2nd decent-but-not-incredible card is the new Int Mr Buu. You can pair him with all the other Buus they released so far, which is nice and he's basically that: another Buu. He is as defensive and heal-oriented as all the other Buus, shares a bunch of links with them (good for everyone with the SSR Buus) and the Babidi troop (good for Echo). His real weakness is being Int and not TEQ though, since he really lacks link partners in Int - its basically Babidi for a +15% ATK through Master of Magic. A full Buu team is probably decent enough, but everyone who has the 3 SSR Buus can just throw together a random SSJ team. I suppose I could also mention that he's going to get WE GOTTA POWER, the counter-link for the LR Buu event, but since the enemy there is PHY he's basically useless for that, link or not.

And if that wasn't enough Int for one event, we also get SR Int Vegeta! He's really good though, with 7743 HP and 5797 ATK he has amazing stats, further increased by his 25% ATK passive. Sadly, he is no SSJ, but on the bright side, neither is anyone else in Int. He shares 3 links with both Kid Vegeta and King Vegeta, while having the token Prodigies link with the Freeza force and SR Cooler. He also has Saiyan Pride, which is a good link with sadly no relevant link partners. All in all a strong card, that fits a F2P Int team very well.

The last SR card is Phy SSJ Goku. Yes, he dokkans into SSG Goku, but the card is good enough to stand on his own. There isn't really much to say, he has the SSJ trifecta + Kamehameha, good stats and most importantly with a +40% ATK leader skill (worse than +3 Ki, but still nothing to scoff at) and a 15% ATK for Phy and Str passive he is Phy's very own Bardock. Since Phy is a wasteland, he has a room in every mono team, regardless of how blinged out your box is.

SSR SSG Goku (Phy version) is basically the same, but more. He trades the SSJ link set for a BoG centric one (linking well with Beerus/Whis and not so well with everyone else), but increases his stats, leader skill (50%) and passive (20%). If the SR version fits into every Phy team there is no reason he wouldn't too.

Now unto the real SSR and the reason this Gacha is the best we've had so far:
The supporter: TEQ Whis - he has a bad leader skill (+25% ATK and DEF to AGL, TEQ and STR), mediocre stats and only links well with Beerus (and somewhat well with SSG Goku). So his passive has to be the reason he is good and boy is it good: High probability of stunning. Sadly it doesn't work like Int Chiaotzus and only affects the enemy Whis attacked before in that round, but the chance really is high, giving him a place in every team that deals with strong bosses. He isn't particularly good in tournament teams, where his passive is wasted, but with LR events on the horizon he's going to be very very important.

The leader: AGL SSG Goku - A 25% ATK leader skill isn't particularly awe-inspiring, but still the best we have so far. Besides that, he looks like the SSGSS Goku (who I think isn't that good) with his high stats and +75% ATK on super passive. The difference (why this is the best card in the game and SSGSS is mediocre) is in the links, Over in a Flash (+3 Ki) and Shocking Speed (+2 Ki). He combines the two best links in game, linking for at least +2 Ki with the following cards: Beerus, Whis, Majin Vegeta, Mystic Gohan, SSJ3 Goku, Final Form Freeza and Kaioken Goku (+5 Ki anyone?), being the perfect cornerstone for every SSR centric team, while also fitting well into a F2P AGL team (+2 Ki with both Pikkon and AGL FF Freeza, Kamehameha with Angel Goku/Kid Goku/any other Goku ever). He's the top dog and will be the top dog for quite a while, linking SSJ, shooting supers all the time and making everyone else shoot supers all the time

The glass-cannon: STR Beerus - with a grandious 2700 DEF, 8334 ATK and High probability of +150% ATK as a passive this is the guy you turn to if you want to see the really high numbers. Really, thats all. Pull him, make dumb teams with double Bojack leaders and as many links as possible and enjoy those sweet 500k damage supers.

Alright, finally got that :effort: post out of my system. Maybe someone actually reads it.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Great write-up. I'm glad someone's actually putting detail into posts - r/dbzdokkanbattle is just chock full of memes and "LOOK AT MY ROSTER" posts. It'd be nice if people spent that time giving tips on missions, events, etc. instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wuxi is correct. I want that Buu. A good PHY SSJ would be nice, too.

Hopefully the event itself is as good as RoF.