Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what do Doobie and Natasha think about Star Citizen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TTerrible posted:

Your cat looks like my old dearly departed cat buddy. Please post more of this cat.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

hanales posted:

I want to help. How do I help?

Just talk about any old poo poo, if it's even tenuously related to star citizen then that's a bonus.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i have sigs off

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Thank you for contributing!

All you other lurkers in the thread: we need your help. Please post to help your favorite thread reach the unchartered heights of 1000 pages. o7

How do I shitpost itt?

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

jestest posted:

legal looks depressed

Legit looks complete.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is her after I got her out of the fireplace a while back, despite having a complete cover over it

no clue how she got in there

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Sarsapariller posted:

I would like to take this space to recommend Goldvision's recent series, "25 Games of Christmas," because it is weird and thoughtful and kind of deadpan funny. It doesn't have anything to do with Star Citizen but it has a lot to do with what gaming should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

Forums ate your link, or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Friendly Tumour posted:

i have sigs off
And yet you keep signing your posts...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

quote:

Actually that is a bad analogy. While JJ Abrams was making Star Wars, there was one person looking over his shoulder. In the case of Roberts, there are 1.1 million people watching what he does.

Some people are actually capable of running a company! I run my own business. The only people I answer to is myself and my clients. Not everyone needs a supervisor.

I want more Citizens to watch and reply my video. Please make my dream come true.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

I want to help. How do I help?

its you, you're helping now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xxEightxx posted:

How do I shitpost itt?

you're doing it now, good job keep it up!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

teh_Broseph posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Same.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

how did you get in the cabinet

why did you get in the cabinet

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxh4i3ZEqQ

Soon I'll be by your side
and you'll see
that the only truth in this 'verse is you and me

This is actually quite prophetic if you think about it.

If we hit 1000 posts please make this background song for the thread.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What timezone is the 1000 page challenge going by?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

tastychicken posted:

I have a theory... this thread is moving so fast that Star Citizen development only SEEMS slow to us. Or wasn't that the other way around? I don't know physics, but I sure love PTU!

Don't be silly. This thread can only move at the speed of explosions. It's a little thing called physics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this is her halloween costume

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Just talk about any old poo poo, if it's even tenuously related to star citizen then that's a bonus.

I don't post here a lot but it is my favorite thread. Here's a recipe for some greek holiday cookies that make you fat.

heavy aluminum cookie sheet do not grease pan.

2 pounds unsalted butter room temperature
1/3 Cup Whiskey
1/3 Olive Oil
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Boxes Soft as Silk Cake mix Flour
(size of pancake box)
4 Egg yolks
4 Pounds of Powdered sugar for use after baking

Beat (almost highest) butter for 20 minutes
Toward the end, butter gets fluffy and changes colour (pale yellow) Add 4 eggs, continue beating.
Then add whiskey, oil, powdered sugar (small amount) beat 5 more minutes
Fold in sifted flour. Mix well. Should Use about 2.5 pounds of the flour. Until dough is no longer sticky and can be handled.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls.
shape into diamonds about 1.5inches long
do not grease cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 325
Bake for 30 minutes or until bottom is brown.
while cookies are baking, lay out wax paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. allow cookies to cool. Sift more sugar, sugar is absorbed.

Eonwe posted:

its you, you're helping now

Eonwe quoted me :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

I don't post here a lot but it is my favorite thread. Here's a recipe for some greek holiday cookies that make you fat.

heavy aluminum cookie sheet do not grease pan.

2 pounds unsalted butter room temperature
1/3 Cup Whiskey
1/3 Olive Oil
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Boxes Soft as Silk Cake mix Flour
(size of pancake box)
4 Egg yolks
4 Pounds of Powdered sugar for use after baking

Beat (almost highest) butter for 20 minutes
Toward the end, butter gets fluffy and changes colour (pale yellow) Add 4 eggs, continue beating.
Then add whiskey, oil, powdered sugar (small amount) beat 5 more minutes
Fold in sifted flour. Mix well. Should Use about 2.5 pounds of the flour. Until dough is no longer sticky and can be handled.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls.
shape into diamonds about 1.5inches long
do not grease cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 325
Bake for 30 minutes or until bottom is brown.
while cookies are baking, lay out wax paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. allow cookies to cool. Sift more sugar, sugar is absorbed.

Eonwe quoted me :allears:

i did,

and recipe posts are excellent and encouraged

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So what was everyone's favourite moment of the year? Mine was when the news came out that our prime minister had stuck his cock into the mouth of a pigs severed head when he was younger.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

Ffycchi posted:

Legit looks complete.

nice, but can legal at least get a summons or something?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

So what was everyone's favourite moment of the year? Mine was when the news came out that our prime minister had stuck his cock into the mouth of a pigs severed head when he was younger.

mine was all the stuff donald trump said, thought, or did

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

BMan posted:

Forums ate your link, or something.

Thank you- here let's try again.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1tAmAFSc-YST7sPGvcbuwLZg1HAcXzsq

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:gary::gas::yarg:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Eonwe posted:

this is her after I got her out of the fireplace a while back, despite having a complete cover over it

no clue how she got in there

Eonwe posted:

how did you get in the cabinet

why did you get in the cabinet

Eonwe posted:

this is her halloween costume
If you get AIDS you're gonna have to give Shkreli two Idrises.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

teh_Broseph posted:

Source your quotes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wafflz posted:

What timezone is the 1000 page challenge going by?

International Date Line if we use CIG's standards.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chin posted:

If you get AIDS you're gonna have to give Shkreli two Idrises.

i dont even have the one idris!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

And yet you keep signing your posts...

im a slow learner as my rap sheet doth demonstrafgt

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well for this thread I'm going to go with croberts playing his own game live and watching citizens perform the mental gymnastics to handwave that utter disaster.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

lol no

more like you gotta pay them all the money you owe them for your "lessons" and "literature" and their polygraph-like and so on

He's talking about a section of the Scientology Handbook or somesuch that says that if someone pre-pays and wants a refund before the service is delivered, they can get it no questions asked.

I'd make an analogy to what CIG is doing, but I don't want to give them any ideas :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parp

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

hakimashou posted:

Doing Dr Smart's Work In the Verse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hq00aA0afQ

The orange and blue poofs are people's ships blowing up on the starting station launch pads.
I like your video and related GIFs as it reminds me of something out of the newer Battlestar Galatica series. Either the scenes or your cunningness or both.

Also, speaking of Galactica, the Scythe ship is a blatent rip-off of the Cylon Raider, except it's like a raider deformed at birth, having one wing shorter than the other.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

hanales posted:

i'm gonna make this

ok i took all my hwiskey and drank it now what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
my favorite SC moment of the year was definitely Sandi's meltdown at CitizenCon. My second favorite was BettysBigTits.

• Locked thread