Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

scary ghost dog posted:

I just think it sucks

That's fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

besser's entire complaint was that white people rapping is awful. when told that barely anyone in the show is white, he said "well it all sounds like white people rap."

besser is a guy who spends a lot of time logicly constructing well thought out critiques

did please me to hear he cried a lot at star wars though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
his gut reaction is right, it does sound like crappy white people rap

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit not in the mood

cams fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 30, 2015

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

im sure the rap is great by the standards of theater actor rap

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This would never have happened if there was a Hollywood Handbook this week

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
and why aren't there any new episodes of the reality SHOW show? :argh:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

I just think it sucks

Same

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Lin-Manuel Miranda is a cool dude with great taste in podcasts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Back To 99 posted:

and why aren't there any new episodes of the reality SHOW show? :argh:

Life is hell

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Poopy Palpy posted:

Lin-Manuel Miranda is a cool dude with great taste in podcasts.

Can I still not like In the Heights and Hamilton?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
In the Heights is just okay with lots of moments of near-brilliance, but Hamilton is truly on another level and Matt Besser and many people in this thread have bad opinions.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i dunno i think people can not like whatever they want and be cool. however, having heard what matt besser's actual opinion is, i'm cool calling that one bad.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another goddam musical guest episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe that's what he wants I4H to be

I think most of the episodes in the past couple of months have had musicians

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

In the Heights is just okay with lots of moments of near-brilliance, but Hamilton is truly on another level and Matt Besser and many people in this thread have bad opinions.

finally, the broadway show that combines battle raps and the politics of former Secretary of State and president Alexander Hamilton.......thats next level poo poo.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i can't tell if you're attempting to set a nerd trap or just genuinely don't know the most basic facts about alexander hamilton, but either way lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sorry I forgot. secretary of the treasury. which i guess is more appropriate for rap because its about money

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

scary ghost dog posted:

finally, the broadway show that combines battle raps and the politics of former Secretary of State and president Alexander Hamilton.......thats next level poo poo.

Yeah it is and it's pretty smart how it contextualizes the lives of the Founding Fathers with modern day metaphors and music? Better and more intelligent than five more lifeless musical adaptions of movies from the 2000's, which is basically what else has plagued Broadway for the past ten years

Yeah but sorry ending the derail it's just musical theater is my thing irl and I got a little fired up.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Your "thing" is appropriating trash haha.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hahaha pretty much.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

criticizing a musical theatre anything for being a bit silly is weird, since every musical by its nature is a bit silly. if you don't like that, cool, whatever, but pretty pointless to single out shows for that reason

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, how dare that uppity Latino immigrant appropriate white American history for his rap musical.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

You know I agree Hamilton needs to get more shade just because some of its fans are really weirdly obsessed with the idea that it's some perfect jewel, but I think taking it to 'the negroes and latins need to learn their place away from the white man's theater' is a bit much.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I don't think that's the argument at all.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

It's unbelievable that anybody would even want to have this argument.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Past Tense Ragu posted:

It's unbelievable that anybody would even want to have this argument.

Woah man, it's entirely believable. I'm not saying that all opinions are objectively terrible, but yours is, especially because you appropriated it.

What I'm saying is tanks.

But no tanks.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

It's actually tanks or no tanks now.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is why we need a dead in the water broadway subforum, imo

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I dunno. The musicals thread in PYF died within a few days. The earwolf thread seems like the logical place to go.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Practical Demon posted:

uppity Latino immigrant

He's Puerto Rican ethnically, born in New York

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Riptor posted:

And his parents immigrated from Puerto Rico. I also may have been somewhat sarcastic in that post. Who knows!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really miss hollywood handbook

i was thinking about buying some stuff from audible, does hh have a code for that?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

i really miss hollywood handbook

i was thinking about buying some stuff from audible, does hh have a code for that?

try hayesdavenportbaseball@yahoo.com

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Riptor posted:

Don't tell these people that

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
As a Swede with no idea what's on Broadway or the news of it I'm just sitting here thinking everyone have a really confusing time remembering the hit 1998 movie 'Hamilton' about Swedish Special Intelligence Officer Carl Hamilton, starring Peter Stormare and Mark Hamill :sweden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMcJYEGHkXo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Practical Demon posted:

And his parents immigrated from Puerto Rico. I also may have been somewhat sarcastic in that post. Who knows!

You can't immigrate to the U.S. from Puerto Rico

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Practical Demon posted:

I dunno. The musicals thread in PYF died within a few days. The earwolf thread seems like the logical place to go.

i don't actually want a musical theatre subforum or thread, god knows the extant broadway boards are terrible enough

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There is genuinely no nerd community worse than theater nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There is genuinely no nerd community worse than theater nerds

Is it theater nerds who call in SWAT teams as a hilarious prank so often that there's a word for it now?