Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think Mad Dok Grotsnik is my least favorite model in the current Ork range. His pose is so goddamn stiff and the details are weird and not compellingly so. Everything is just sticking out at a straight angle and it's a more modern multipart model, there's really no excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

I think Mad Dok Grotsnik is my least favorite model in the current Ork range. His pose is so goddamn stiff and the details are weird and not compellingly so. Everything is just sticking out at a straight angle and it's a more modern multipart model, there's really no excuse.

He also needs to be 20 points cheaper. Though he is still pretty darn great in a unit of meganobs!

Too bad the plastic painboy kit is pretty static. It would be tough to use it as a conversion base for the Mad Doc.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LordAba posted:

He also needs to be 20 points cheaper. Though he is still pretty darn great in a unit of meganobs!

Too bad the plastic painboy kit is pretty static. It would be tough to use it as a conversion base for the Mad Doc.

Yeah, I might run him with some Meganobz. I'm gonna make some painboyz out of the Nob kit with some apothecary bits and the buzzsaw arm in the Nobz kit probably.

Also the old Gorkamorka mekboyz are really small. They're like 3/4 the size of a regular Ork boy. This box of 90s metals has been fun to go through.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtgNFgPQmuM

holy crap the Chinese are getting advanced

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Nearly twenty minutes of video for about four minutes of information. Please, edit your "unboxing" throwaway videos, nerds.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

His description on the website sounds like it was written for Orks to read:

quote:

Mad Dok Grotsnik is the most extreme of all the Ork Doks. Orks go to him for the best experimental augmentations and to be given cybork bodies and implants. Grotsnik always had a morbid fascination with rooting around in other people's heads. Mad Dok Grotsnik is truly insane. He does not care for his own safety and will charge straight at the enemy. His followers get carried away by this and will follow him into any combat.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

They've been putting out recasts that are higher quality than anything you'd get directly from Forgeworld for years. And the resin recasts of plastics are almost as good as the originals. Once you've painted up a resin recast knight anybody is gonna have an extremely difficult time telling the difference unless you weigh it maybe.

Actual plastic sprues are pretty neat though.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Has anyone ever painted up the Altansar craftworld scheme before? Specifically what'd be the best way to paint up that purplish red. Debating between them and Iybraesil for this small Eldar force I've been gifted but I'd rather not paint another blue and white scheme.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Bruh. This poo poo is so tight. How'd you do the lightning?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SteelMentor posted:

Has anyone ever painted up the Altansar craftworld scheme before? Specifically what'd be the best way to paint up that purplish red. Debating between them and Iybraesil for this small Eldar force I've been gifted but I'd rather not paint another blue and white scheme.

Without doing any research:

screamer pink -> carroburg crimson

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
So I got a Knight for my birthday. I've built it in Crusader configuration.
My question is what top weapon would y'all go with for, Stormspear or Icarus?
It's for an Ad Mec/Skitarii list I'll be running at a tourney at the end January.
I will be building my Dunecrawler as AA.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

The Sex Cannon posted:

Bruh. This poo poo is so tight. How'd you do the lightning?

Cheers! Lightning is primed black with a kind of erratic smattering of VGC Imperial blue. Then a rather wide airbrush of VMC Prussian blue along the approximate path of the lightning. Followed by a much narrower airbrushing of VMC sky blue and then within that a very narrow airbrushing of VMA white. Finished up with a fine line of ceramite white done by hand. If I was going to improve it I would switch the Prussian blue for something that was more of a mid tone between the Imperial Blue and Sky Blue. I kinda just winged it with what I had.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

'this is just gonna be a review of the kits, no judgements' -> 20 mins of whining about how recasts are terrible and are destroying local stores.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Looks like an order from the most mainstream recaster every mouthbreather on the internet knows about. You might not believe it, but there are other guys that have way higher quality than whats in the video

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

Yeah, I might run him with some Meganobz. I'm gonna make some painboyz out of the Nob kit with some apothecary bits and the buzzsaw arm in the Nobz kit probably.

Also the old Gorkamorka mekboyz are really small. They're like 3/4 the size of a regular Ork boy. This box of 90s metals has been fun to go through.

I've stood by and watched you buy an ork army, but honestly dude I REALLY hope you aren't buying meganobz at full price. Without sweeping advance they truly blow chunks.

If you must use them, toss three in a trukk then fire and forget. They just don't have the killing power to be a death star anymore.

(friends don't let friends etc)

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 31, 2015

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks like an order from the most mainstream recaster every mouthbreather on the internet knows about. You might not believe it, but there are other guys that have way higher quality than whats in the video

Said recasters knight kit is notorious for being hilariously bad. It's the only thing he does in plastic, and it's just awful. Rivets are missing, cables arent rippled, etc.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's almost as if it was deliberately chosen to make recasters look bad as part of a 'recasters are poo poo' agenda or something :tinfoil:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

'this is just gonna be a review of the kits, no judgements' -> 20 mins of whining about how recasts are terrible and are destroying local stores.

I was honestly interested in seeing a comparison review out of sheer curiosity but then I found myself just skipping forward and forward to see when he stopped ranting. At which point I just turned it off.

Zark the Damned posted:

It's almost as if it was deliberately chosen to make recasters look bad as part of a 'recasters are poo poo' agenda or something :tinfoil:

Or whoever he borrowed it from didn't know any better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

I muted the video and just took a look at the sprues

it's aight, but short on rivet detail and whatnot

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Post 9-11 User posted:

Nearly twenty minutes of video for about four minutes of information. Please, edit your "unboxing" throwaway videos, nerds.

I love when he unboxes a game that he never played or read the instructions for or knows nothing about. It is great to hear "yeah, I guess these token are for life... I'll have to look it up *kind of annoying laugh*".

EDIT: No seriously, what is up with all the poo poo unboxing videos when the boxes are still in shrink. How is that helpful for anyone? You really, REALLY couldn't have waited to open it, take out the instructions, read over the components, close the box, and THEN start recording? That way you wouldn't sound like a mumbling idiot... unless the unboxing market is so obsessed with being the first to youtube that you can't wait the 5 minutes it takes to do that.

EDIT: Oh look, BoLS has an unboxing video that of a titan that is in two parts! The first part is... 20+ minutes. And the idiot talks about being excited to own it for 3 minutes. Like and subscribe to my paetron guys!

LordAba fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 31, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
speaking of recasts, they're selling bad recasts as a selling point

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

I've stood by and watched you buy an ork army, but honestly dude I REALLY hope you aren't buying meganobz at full price. Without sweeping advance they truly blow chunks.

If you must use them, toss three in a trukk then fire and forget. They just don't have the killing power to be a death star anymore.

(friends don't let friends etc)

I don't get anything at full price; I did get a bunch because I'd like to paint and play with them, but I've also been using Terminators for a long time so I know what the lack of sweeping advance is like. It's always seemed as an okay counterbalance for having a power klaw/fist and a good armor save and I've never really had a problem with it. I do wish that Nobz with a powerklaw and 'eavy armor cost less than a Meganob though, that poo poo's egregious.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" HERE is a Christmas-Special for a Lucky someone: OK - You will LOVE this!! -My friend Kaya and I are Artists - AND: we are 40K fans. We do Sculpting and Casting with State-of-the-Art Techniques, Resins and Materials BEYOND what ANY 'business' uses (like 'Forge World', Privateer Press, Malifaux, etc.). We have BOTH worked for 'Game Companies' in the past. So here is our ORIGINAL Artist 'scratch-built' CREATION modeled after the Classic (and BEST) LUCIUS PATTERN WARHOUND TITAN (which is Out-of-Print - and NO longer sold or available from the original manufacturer):

THIS is a compilations of ALL the FUNCTIONAL, Decent 'extra', slightly mis-cast parts you need to create an open-topped "Battle-Worn MUTATED, Battle-Ravaged/Chaos-blighted, WARHOUND TITAN'"! That's all. Just the last, cool - miscast 'mess' of parts - that you could do ANY creative thing you want with. Could you make a Flaming WRECK of a Trashed, Blown-Up Titan TERRAIN piece. Oh YES! Could you make a devolved, decrepit Warp-Tainted CHAOS Mutation Monstrosity?! Oh YES you could! Could you make a comical and strangely-functioning Titan-commandeered ORC-Mech Dredd/Titan-or-TANK vehicle?!AND: Yes - you CAN create a Functional, Battle-worn, flamer-melted, weapon-marred IMPERIAL WARHOUND TITAN too with a little creativity. Oh Yes you could! This is you Chance to finally build and Own make a 'functioning' Battle-weary Imperial Titan! We were able to CAST these parts from a Worn-Out set of Molds - and despite having some bubbles and 'mutations' - they are quite functional and workable to make a Titan - with a little creativity, filling and sanding. As much as you like to make it as 'perfect' as you like. :)

KEEP IN MIND: there is 'still' about $100.00 worth of Fresh, Top-Quality RESIN and materials used to MAKE this set of 2nd parts - so we just want to get this to a Needy and Good Titan-home - for someone who Always Wanted to BUILD one for a mere 'fraction' of the cost! :D

With this /Mutated Titan parts, you get EVERYTHING seen in the parts pictures. You get the Unicast BODY/TORSO - which admittedly has GREAT Detail for most of it and is near-perfect except for a couple light spots that might need green-stuff on each shoulder. You get ONE complete uni-cast leg-and-shin-guard with complete FOOT too with All Needed LEG-and-FOOT COMPONENTS! You get at the unicast Warhound HEAD - and you get a Pair of GREAT WEAPONS as well: the Plasma Cannon is unicast with a little excess resin on top - and the FLAMER is near-perfect. In fact: a friend of mine 'bought' a Forge World Flamer and its delivered Price to the U.S. was $70.00 for just THAT alone - and he said MINE was BETTER! :O

YOU KNOW don't you: the COST of a 'complete' Forge World TITAN KIT with all weapons is OVER SIX-HUNDRED DOLLARS U.S.! My friend and I are DONATING all the Proceeds from this auction to E-bay Charity! And frankly: the Resin alone for this BIG Titan components is close to a hundred bucks!! If you are creative and enjoy making clever battle-ravaged terrain or pieces - THIS will be a Dream for you. If, on the other hand, you are trying to create a 'perfect' Titan for an Art Competition or something - you have to Order one elsewhere. [If you DO need slightly 'better' pieces to make something more 'functional' - Let Me Know and I will get you some 'cleaner', less-mutated parts for a slightly increased shipping price. :) We are doing a 'stupidly cheap' price for some Lucky and Creative modeler who wants to experiment: 99-bucks plus shipping-&-handling. Enjoy! :)

With 'specific reference' to the old style LUCIUS PATTERN WARHOUND TITAN we have meticulously reverse-engineered what we believe is a far BETTER Version!
Remember: when you 'bought' an old Forge World model - pieces are 'warped', they don't 'line-up', there are G - A - P - S that need filling - and the HEAVY, 'brittle', filled-resin is held together precariously by 'super-glue', etc.!?! When, inevitably, the model gets 'dinged' or tips or you just pick-it-Up in play - pieces FALL OFF - 'Break', get LOST - etc... :/

NOT with OUR SCULPTURE. As I said: old Warhounds were used to perfectly calibrate our own Original Sculpture to 'exacting' parameters. This is 'scratch-built' - but in my option the BEST Sculpted scratch-build humanly possible! OUR Sculpt was built in LARGE Cohesive sections: 1): the WHOLE continuous TORSO/UPPER BODY w/ ARMS Pre-Attached; 2) each Uni-Cast LEG; 3) Each Unicast FOOT; 4) Unicast HEAD component; 5) Unicast WEAPONS - then (optional) additional custom PISTONS for the Hip connections. Then: special Platinum Silicone High-Flexibility MOLDs were created from the sculpture to capture the STRONGEST continuous-cast forms possible!

THIS PROCESS is easily a DECADE ahead of what Forge World, Privateer, REAPER uses to mass-produce warped, bubbled, 'pieces' that you haphazardly 'hope' fit together well and won't break for a few weeks in normal play. Let me explain: I had modeler-friend BUILD a FW Titan. There were literally 'hundreds' of insane, itty-bitty, teeny-tiny little 'parts': leg pistons, 'toe' pistons, 'foot' pistons - that 'broke', bent, mis-glued, got LOST, etc.!?! Uhgghhh... what a Nightmare. Another friend PAID a modeler to Build his Titan. The TOP was cast SO THIN by Forge World that there was 'light' coming through and it took TWO DAYS to fill with Green-Stuff!?! And: he gave him $75.00 to Build it - and it still was a little 'messed up' upon close inspection. Unfortunately: it BROKE the FIRST time he brought it to play in a game!! The whole RIGHT side came OFF just picking it up!?! Then: when he was packing it up to bring home to Fix - the left ARM broke off the thin (cracked) Top!? That's just how it goes.

So Big Game companies make PROFIT first and foremost. They factually use 'CHEAP' Resin - with Bulk-Adding FILLER to make it even cheaper. And: they pay casters to mass-cast little pieces ALL DAY LONG - and the remove from old-style Urethan multi-part Molds too fast - so you get warping and shrinking!!

This is a job for an ARTIST!

Of course, with leading edge advanced Mold compounds and Resins used by Hollywood FX people and prototype Tool-makers - OUR process cannot 'mass-produce' anything. Quite factually we get about NINE good casts! OUR 2015 High-Art process creates just ORIGINALS basically - then each One-Piece mold must be Re-built - but it is Worth it!
Now - after even the first three casts - little 'irregularities' will occur: teeny pieces of Silicone will degrade, a micro-tear will occur. So: we get what we consider 'seconds' (sometimes admittedly better than so-called 'Firsts' from casting company businesses). That is why I say that this is for a 'WRECKED'. CHAOS, MUTATED MONSTROSITY/DESTROYED TERRAIN, etc. - even though (as you SEE in the pictures) a clever modeler might make a far Better personal creation than they could from pieces bought from a Company! ;)

What you see is what you get - and of course I am being very conservative about what you can produce from these 'pieces'. I am going so far as to call them just: 'Wrecked. Mutated, Chaos, TERRAIN! That way: no one's expectations will be 'ridiculous'. ;D Now I personally MUCH PREFER MY uni-cast creation to a hodge-podge of parts from a 'company'. MY creations Use FAR STRONGER and More Resilient Resins in their construction than 'companies' do. AND: MY process creates a Sculpt that is Far More Resistant to 'breaking'!! Little 'pieces' simply CAN'T break-off - because all such components are FUSED into this Contiguously-Cast form. NO teeny-super-gule tacks to chip-off and lose!! SO much better. Perhaps this method creates a 'bit' less 'detail' than possible with hundreds of little-tiny pieces - but it also SAVES you perhaps a Week of headaches!! In fact, the LEGS of this Titan are SO MUCH STRONGER! NO 'pinning' needed - as the Legs and Feet are created from Triple-Strength Polymer Resin used for creating TOOLS and Equipment!!

With this COMPLETE set of ALL PIECES to make a Wrecked Titan-Terrain Mutation - we include some colored Electrical Wiring for conduits on the model, Plus: a BRASS GRATE piece - and a LEXAN piece for Glass on the Titan in you desire!

100% of the sale of this item will benefit Charity Fellowship / Charity Fellowship of Truth Church, Inc.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I like the random CAPITALS and 'quotes'.. reminds me of 'TIMECUBE'

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean we get it, we get it, you vape

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Multiple human beings attempted to spend US dollars on that listing.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Does anyone know of any good 40k art where a dude's waving a banner and it'd be easy to draw on top of/replace the contents of the banner?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Does anybody have a few of these I can buy from them?

It's getting really hard to buy bits online for unpopular armies :(

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks extremely familiar bulby is that the land raider spotlight? If so I got you covered.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

I have dozens of these. PM me with a count and address deets and they are yours.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
i'm starting the year with some Oldhammer

Check it out, a Mechanicum fella from 1988, A genestealer Patriarch with 3 familiars from about the same year, and a GW Wild cat from 87, that i have no idea what game it's actually from, but it'll now serve me in Frostgrave as a familiar. I think i paid 15 bucks for this lot at the FLGS, and he's got way more in his bins that i gotta root out and also buy. 2016 is the year of the oldhammer for me!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/digital-exclusives
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/digital-exclusives/supplement-cadia.html

Well that explains why the digital IG bundle was missing earlier.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Actual content or 2 pages of recycled rules, 20 pages of recycled images and 1 page of new poorly painted minis?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably the rules from Mont'ka and Kauyon

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Actual content or 2 pages of recycled rules, 20 pages of recycled images and 1 page of new poorly painted minis?

But it has the rules for a Baneblade! Are they the same rules, are they new rules, are they optional rules? Supplements, supplements, supplements!

I thought Forgeworld was bad with keeping all the rules in one easy place.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Frobbe posted:

i'm starting the year with some Oldhammer

a GW Wild cat from 87, that i have no idea what game it's actually from

Warhammer Fantasy, Wood Elf Animal Handler - they also did Bears Boars and (I think) Wolves

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Probably the rules from Mont'ka and Kauyon

quote:

The content within this book is taken from 'The Red Waaagh!', 'Mont'ka' and 'Echoes of War: Last Step Backwards'.

:v:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Supposedly the gamer's edition of the Ad Mech armies is missing the codex-specific warlord traits for Imperial Knights.

lol

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Star Man posted:

Supposedly the gamer's edition of the Ad Mech armies is missing the codex-specific warlord traits for Imperial Knights.

lol

Remember when the rules were like 35 bucks and you could buy all the rules for an army in one book and they were released only every 2 - 3 years?

Thanks god we moved on from that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah I got the email talking about four digital-exclusive supplements and I just can't pretend to keep up with that. Like it's cool to have more options but there's just so much loving stuff to keep track of.

Also I got an email from Forgeworld about their new program where you can subscribe in advance to save "what could be hundreds of dollars!" If I just plopped down a grand for every pieceof content to come out of BL for the year. Who buys this stuff? I actually like most BL books I've read and I might have spent a fifth that much in the 8 years or so I've been playing this game.

• Locked thread