Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Tru tru. I guess the real sad part is you're trying to get in the cyber security style poo poo and they're not even using something vaguely secure.

Some SMUs that rolled through gave me a recruitment gmail address to email forms to. I'm not really sure what we're doing as a military tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Analogical posted:

Some SMUs that rolled through gave me a recruitment gmail address to email forms to. I'm not really sure what we're doing as a military tbh.

That's ok, the secretaries of state and defense were doing the same thing. Must be fine.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Merry Christmas squids.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Future in-laws were watching NCIS, because that's what middle America does, and the start of the episode was a dead Navy O-4. They didn't like my response, "It was just a SWO, he's in a better place now."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Future in-laws were watching NCIS, because that's what middle America does, and the start of the episode was a dead Navy O-4. They didn't like my response, "It was just a SWO, he's in a better place now."

Harsh but true.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I've never seen the show but doesn't it look kind of bad that there's a show dedicated to investigations of dumb Mil peeps in only two branches (it's marine/navy or more or?).

Just can't wrap my head around it unless I'm missing something. Again never saw it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I wish they'd have a true to life version where agents talk at standdowns and investigate whether YN2 sent a dick pic to a 17 year old girl or not (he did)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
But she said she was 18!

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

idk I did a PFT like 3 days before my EAS just to appease my command. I know everyone here talks about all their insubordination but sometimes it's best to just bend over and take it and not ruffle feathers (especially of those that can gently caress you)

And you're not screwing anyone over not that most care

I did two PFTs before I left. The first one I did alright. The second one I walked and smoked, got yelled at and at the half way point smoked another. I had a 29:55 run time or something silly that was JUST before where they could slam paperwork on me.

The corps was fun as hell, then there were the days you wonder who in command was smoking crack. Lets give this dude duty, a cft, and a piss test on the same loving day and yell at the guy when he falls asleep waiting for a BN pisstest.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

I wish they'd have a true to life version where agents talk at standdowns and investigate whether YN2 sent a dick pic to a 17 year old girl or not (he did)

She sent nudes back and it turned out they were cousins. Gibs looks disappointed. Tony wise cracks about YN2s size.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pandasmores posted:

She sent nudes back and it turned out they were cousins. Gibs looks disappointed. Tony wise cracks about YN2s size.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
"Sure you can go active CTT, you have 6 years active duty service right?"

Time to see what's open, or find a better gig as a reservist/civie. MD's pretty dope because we're as far away from family and time zones mean we have an excuse for no calls.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Just wanted to report that DD214 is in hand and beard growth is ongoing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Boon posted:

:coal::respek::coal:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Boon posted:

No more :chiefsay:.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Boon posted:

gently caress yes hail satan

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Boon posted:

Same.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

:woop:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Boon posted:

Congratulations!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Boon posted:

Bravo Zulu, job well done, etc etc :chiefsay:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Boon posted:

Welcome.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Boon posted:

ejaculations!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Happy New Years Navy Thread!

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Have a happy new year everyone! :yotj:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
In Hawaii. Its still last year. Fukken Langoliers or something man.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
hawaii new years at club dungeon was always pretty loving rad

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Looks like I'm moving back out to Yokosuka, which is great for me, although I hear the policy changed a few years back and now everybody has to live on base without a waiver. Which is super lame...

Has anyone given the waiver a shot?

Jimb fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 2, 2016

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Jimb posted:

Looks like I'm moving back out to Yokosuka, which is great for me, although I hear the policy changed a few years back and now everybody has to live on base without a waiver. Which is super lame...

Sounds like what they're doing in Atsugi now because no one wanted to live on base.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Jimb posted:

That's not entirely true, but the waiver is near impossible to get. Lots of folks with medical waivers still living on base. They have dogs in the towers now, too, so that's not stopping you either.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

haha I love how base housing is like the lower dredges of Military society because it's all the scrooges driving huge expensive SUVs to pick up their free WIC swag for their 8 kids and just want to blast the A/C at 60 all day and not have to pay a bill

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

haha I love how base housing is like the lower dredges of Military society because it's all the scrooges driving huge expensive SUVs to pick up their free WIC swag for their 8 kids and just want to blast the A/C at 60 all day and not have to pay a bill

I'm in some reduced rent stuff in Hawaii because it allows our two dogs without a question. I think we're the only ones without kids. Also for the rate its p. decent for what we get and we can charge our electric car for free without the cord getting stolen by meth heads.

The housing the next block over is cinder block construction from the 50s that hasn't been renovated since the 60s. Its even cheaper than my shithole and Its full of evangelical JOs and senior enlisted with 19,000 kids who can't afford to live anywhere else. They all drive giant SUVs with "Blessed" or "Saved" on the back window.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
my self entitled enlisted view is that if it doesn't have granite countertops then I dont want to live there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I was very close to buying some master Chiefs house in Port Orchard. Senior enlisted seem to do pretty drat good for themselves.
I decided against it because the combination mancave/double RV garage would need too much work to turn it into a proper guest house.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The Army traveling in their camo uniforms looks stupid as hell. At least we make people too dumb to change into real clothes travel in real people looking clothes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

uh what? Every Friday a ton of people are leaving Great Lakes flying to their first command or a-school in full dress. There's no other option.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

uh what? Every Friday a ton of people are leaving Great Lakes flying to their first command or a-school in full dress. There's no other option.

These are Army boots in camo, I am saying we atleast make our boots wear a better looking uniform.

Tl/dr: Camo uniforms are real, real dumb outside dirty work.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

"It's not camo so terrorists won't actually know you're military."

-A RDC

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AF usually doesn't allow you to fly in uniform unless you're heading in-theater.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well before you go yell at some dumb boots perusing in the mall make sure you find out if they're just in training and required to wear uniform on libbo before you go all stolen valor

DON'T FLY IN UNIFORM OR TARGET YOURSELF AS MIL

ok guys you're flying to a-school in dress whites

No you can't wear civvies out in town you have to EARN that you still have the red libbo card

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Alright you equally terrible people, I am just saying that camo uniforms are real dumb travel uniforms and my weekly travel plans are either super drunk suit and tie or drunk suit coat.

Edit: Super basically this is just :chiefsay: seeing a squad or so or Army boots wandering around aimlessly in camo.

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread