Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Although I did get about 15 hours in Xenoblade before realizing how completely bored of it I had gotten and returned it.
You weren't really feeling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I try not to let that happen to me anymore. It's really rare that I will spend more than an hour or two on a game unless I actually like it.

I feel like I'm getting ridiculously bad value out of my agmes because of this.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I waited for the enhanced edition of Witcher 2 but it was still bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I feel like I'm getting ridiculously bad value out of my agmes because of this.

Well I've gotten good at picking the games I play. Only happened to me once this year (axiom verge)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Well I've gotten good at picking the games I play. Only happened to me once this year (axiom verge)

I'm blessed to have enough disposable income that I kinda of just buy 5 games that look fun in a shotgun blast and then I only play one of them and forget I can even refund the others till its too late bceause I'm a moron

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

It was cool that Chapter 3 was like 30 minutes long and the final boss was a series of QTEs so that your build or playstyle had 0 bearing on the finale of the game.

They patched in entire subplots so Chapter 3 is hours of political intrigue now. Also I'm pretty sure if you choose to fight the final boss it's a real fight.

Dec 26, 2012

yeah i don't remember any qte-only bosses but i only played enhanced. the instant death qte parts in general were pretty awful though and i don't know why they thought anyone wanted those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's because RE4 was pretty cool

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Witcher 2 is cool but 3 is a lot better, I would recommend a new person just play 3.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think it's because RE4 was pretty cool

I really hate when one game does something well and suddenly every other game regardless of genre for the next 4 years has to have it too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i even imported my copleted save from witcher 2 to witcher 3 and it like doesnt loving matter at all. there was one line in the game referring to how i killed some king there, maybe there'll be more stuff as i get deeper cause im still near the start but..yeah skip witcher 2 lol. i feel like 3 is the holy grail of rpgs atm

Dec 26, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Witcher 2 is cool but 3 is a lot better, I would recommend a new person just play 3.

absolutely, especially because 3 barely tries to give a poo poo about what happened in 2

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Bobnumerotres posted:

i even imported my copleted save from witcher 2 to witcher 3 and it like doesnt loving matter at all. there was one line in the game referring to how i killed some king there, maybe there'll be more stuff as i get deeper cause im still near the start but..yeah skip witcher 2 lol. i feel like 3 is the holy grail of rpgs atm

Some small stuff changes, and it can affect what paths are open to you in a quest.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Some small stuff changes, and it can affect what paths are open to you in a quest.

There are a couple changes but if you don't import a save then right after the tutorial zone a guy comes up to you and interviews you about what happened last game so you can just pick what happened instead of playing the whole game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There are a couple changes but if you don't import a save then right after the tutorial zone a guy comes up to you and interviews you about what happened last game so you can just pick what happened instead of playing the whole game

jesus christ

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Throwing in my hat for W3 being one of the best games of the year. I wasn't sure about the intro at Kaer Moren but everything after that was escalating awesome.

Like bob had been saying there's an assload of sweet content hiding away in the world, waiting to be discovered. One of my favorite moments was finding an unmarked pirate island. After fighting my way up into the keep, I found some weird sacrificial gear and and a job contract in which the Pirates had been unknowingly delivering fresh victims for Lovecraftian ceremony. Also you find the body of Tyrion Lannister in a sky cell.

The main storyline and all the sidequests are all good too, and the soundtrack is wonderful.

This game blows bioware and bethesdas offerings out of the loving water, it's shameful.

It sits next to Bloodborne and MGSV as the best games of the year in my opinion.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

jesus christ

This is a good thing especially since you've probably changed consoles or PC's in the past 4 years.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the second major boss in witcher 2 is a complete surprise fight against another witcher who has all of your same powers except they're maxed out and hes incredibly hard and the game saves right when it starts so if you werent prepared youre just kind of hosed

This hosed me up on my first run but Aard breaks his shield and stuns him enough to get 2 or 3 free hits in.

The big monster fights in w2 weren't as good as fighting humanoid enemies.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

01011001 posted:

absolutely, especially because 3 barely tries to give a poo poo about what happened in 2

Almost everybody who had a major hand in w2 are in w3 and none of them mention what happened to saskia.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The most ridiculous fight in W2 is that gargoyle one, why the gently caress were there two of them? I found a glitch and cheesed them....welp.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I bought Witcher 3.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I bought Witcher 3.

Sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I could of tried harder to convince people not to... I feel at fault...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played it when it came out but found it pretty boring. Sorry OP

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Playing it now for the first time and it seems good to me

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

poo poo.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

crunk dork posted:

Playing it now for the first time and it seems good to me

Ah, there's hope

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I bought Witcher 3.

good job

Wormskull posted:

I could of tried harder to convince people not to... I feel at fault...

Pablo Gigante posted:

I played it when it came out but found it pretty boring. Sorry OP

y'all are just some haters

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The quests are really good but I can't stand the combat because at the non-baby difficulty I play at every single enemy just spams dodge over and over. Also, the herb-collection/crafting is some of the most retarded poo poo ever. And the horse sticking tot he roads was neat at first until the first time I ever tried to ride in a straight line and he wildly veered off to try and lock on to roads and I can't tell if I can turn it off or not.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how is the crafting retarded lol also ive never had any problems controlling the horse..although sometimes if i leave him too close to a fight he'll wander in like a doofus and then geralt will jump on him like a doofus and i get killed

on hard you just have to use your signs and riposte a lot if you can't get behind the enemy. they dodge and block a lot to prevent you from just quick attacking everything to death

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I started on the second highest difficulty last night and I'm glad I did, makes a fight feel like a fight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
YOu have to consider, that I'm a brain damaged Dota 2 player so a lot of things are hard for me, like tying my shoes

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Wormskull posted:

If it takes longer than 15 minutes for something to start being good then your wasting your time.

it takes longer than 15 minutes to run from one side of the gigantic mostly empty map to the other. and thats basically 90% of the witcher 1

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

witcher 3 makes the combat really interesting, mostly because you control very tightly and you need to use different tactics for different creatures which really mixes it up. witcher 2 you just maxed out sword damage and spammed quick attack on everything
its interesting at first, but a big flaw in witcher 3 (probably its biggest) is that you're practically guaranteed to overlevel the content unless you beeline the main quest and skip optional stuff. by the end of the game everything is very easy except for a couple boss enemies, even on the hardest difficulty. part is because of how stats work, but its also the abilities themselves. using different tactics stops being necessary once you can just spam igni, which also recovers a shitload of health which each cast, and you recover stamina faster than you can spend it. or whatever other broken combo you happen to stumble into.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
The open world seems a lot less Retarded than Bethesda which is what I wanted to do.. Explore and get my rear end kicked by rad monsters.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The insane Polack's who made this game dont have Bethesda and Biowares fail AIDS

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I get easily confused by what is and isn't important in this game because the dialogue and writing have been good so far and make every quest seem like it's necessary?? The lady that got fucjed up by the griffin and the herb lady wants you to brew her a potion or something and I thought it was main quest u had to do but I guess not.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I'm also 5 years old.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im excited for cyberpunk 2077 even though its release date is probably shortly before the game takes plce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

im excited for cyberpunk 2077 even though its release date is probably shortly before the game takes plce

It will premier alongside hideo kojimas new game at e3 2021

• Locked thread