Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

hhhat posted:

This is somebody's fetish. I guarantee it.
I remember reading that GLaDOS' design was inspired pretty heavily by Botticelli's Birth of Venus upside down. A pretty good argument can be made that 'upside down' = suspension bondage so it was probably someone's fetish long before the cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Clever girl to keep the center uh... Modest.

And I'm in love.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I can't believe it's been a week since The Force Awakens premiere and there are no cosplay photos of it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Colonial Air Force posted:

I can't believe it's been a week since The Force Awakens premiere and there are no cosplay photos of it.

There's been tons of TFA cosplay for months now. I had a whole bunch of tiny Kylo Rens turn up at my house begging for candy on Halloween.

Here's a bunch of people attempting to cosplay as BB8:

This guy is my favourite:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Dec 26, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The last is an acceptable steampunk version. And as a Mad Max version.

..and as a Highlander version.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Unipiper loves dressing up in various costumes & playing his bagpipes while riding around Portland.

Here's his Kylo Ren.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YZfAJDYeOk

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been tons of TFA cosplay for months now. I had a whole bunch of tiny Kylo Rens turn up at my house begging for candy on Halloween.

Those two are perfect.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everyone should follow Emo Kylo Ren on twitter

e: The only accounts he follows are Hot Topic and Darth Vader

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why am I not surprised.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yeah, sis, take off the hood - apparently it's made you grow a three foot penis.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's her leg.

http://i.imgur.com/FlTOxG1.webm

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Lola Bunny just does not give a poo poo that the rapture is apparently happening behind her.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

I would have liked to been in the room to hear exactly how Space Jam of all things would become the inspiration of cosplay.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
She just wanted people to come on and slam.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I don't know, loving around a con with a basketball seems pretty fun. Cosplaying as Lola would be a good excuse.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wondering if I went as Harry's outfit from the poster of When Harry Met Sally would anyone notice.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I would have liked to been in the room to hear exactly how Space Jam of all things would become the inspiration of cosplay.

You underestimate the power of 90s nostalgia. The 25-30 crowd loves Space Jam.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

13Pandora13 posted:

I bet someone at Warner Bros is scratching their head at the weird amount of traffic the website still generates: http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

tribbledirigible posted:

I bet someone at Warner Bros is scratching their head at the weird amount of traffic the website still generates: http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

SA parses the link weird but if you google it, it's still active

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

tribbledirigible posted:

The movie wasn't even that good. Jordan was a terrible actor, as were most of the other b-ballers. Bill Murray was the best part (as usual).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

The movie wasn't even that good. Jordan was a terrible actor, as were most of the other b-ballers. Bill Murray was the best part (as usual).

Who gives a gently caress the movie was awesome for its time.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Vlade Divac's acting was superb, you take that back. :colbert:

I mean, he got so much practice in real life on the floor.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

13Pandora13 posted:

Also there's a bunch of online vendors still selling Tune Squad shirts so it's a super easy costume.

Although sometimes you get people who can't be bothered spending $12 to get a proper shirt and will just freehand it

Oh man, don't you hate it when you go to all the effort of dressing up as the blue Monstar and your buddy turns up in the same costume??

Speaking of Monstars...

The homemade basketball really caps off that last effort. :v:

And then there's this:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

tribbledirigible posted:

I bet someone at Warner Bros is scratching their head at the weird amount of traffic the website still generates: http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Space Jam's Website, Stellar Souvenirs Section posted:

If you're using a Macintosh, just drag the image from your browswer to the desktop (or hold your mouse button down over the image and select "copy this image" from the pop-up menu). If you're using a PC-compatible machine, hold the mouse over the image and press the right mouse button. Select "save this image" from the pop-up menu. That's it, the poster is all yours. But remember, Warner Bros. still owns the copyright.

Ah, the days when most people didn't know how to save pictures off the Information Superhighway :allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
http://griffinspacejam.com/

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Comiket is back and running wild again:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Dare I ask what the robo-penis is supposed to be?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Hremsfeld posted:

Dare I ask what the robo-penis is supposed to be?

It looks like someone dressed up a telepresence bot.. though they don't usually have arms, i guess

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Comiket is back and running wild again:

Come at me, BRRROTHER!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

techknight posted:

It looks like someone dressed up a telepresence bot.. though they don't usually have arms, i guess

It's not a person dressed up as a robot, it's an actual Pepper robot that someone cosplayed up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's not a person dressed up as a robot, it's an actual Pepper robot that someone cosplayed up.

That's what he said.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Whoops, I read "dressed up as".

Nevermind.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

This is just... Magical. Gotta love some humorous cosplay. :allears:

• Locked thread