Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ice Fist posted:

I'm back after a very very long hiatus and I'm as addicted to this game as when it first came out. Some of this may have to do with the fact that I resubbed during a massive XP boost and I'm so over leveled my head is spinning, but poo poo this game can be fun.

Yeah I'm about 7 levels ahead right now doing absolutely nothing but class and planetary missions. I'm a bit worried that after the XP goes back to normal I'll quickly lose the level advantage and stop enjoying myself. Combat in this game is such a slog I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible.

Also I've finally found an upside to having wasted £100 on the CE! My security key's given me around 4k free cartel points, so I'm just hoovering up those legacy XP bonuses like nobody's business. P2W is my kind of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah I'm about 7 levels ahead right now doing absolutely nothing but class and planetary missions. I'm a bit worried that after the XP goes back to normal I'll quickly lose the level advantage and stop enjoying myself. Combat in this game is such a slog I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible.

Also I've finally found an upside to having wasted £100 on the CE! My security key's given me around 4k free cartel points, so I'm just hoovering up those legacy XP bonuses like nobody's business. P2W is my kind of people.

I wouldn't waste your cartel coins on XP boosts, you really get so much it's not that huge a deal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've decided that I need to make a macro for pubbie tacticals that hits 1, then space, then 1, then space, then 1, then space for a minute straight so I can take my bathroom breaks during cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A friend gave me a 7 day sub referral but I can't level my character past level 55, what do I need to buy?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

A friend gave me a 7 day sub referral but I can't level my character past level 55, what do I need to buy?

You have to sub for 1 month minimum to unlock the expansions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

You have to sub for 1 month minimum to unlock the expansions.

Okay I want to do this anyways so i'll just wait and play new characters.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I've decided that I need to make a macro for pubbie tacticals that hits 1, then space, then 1, then space, then 1, then space for a minute straight so I can take my bathroom breaks during cutscenes.

Yeah I did this a few years ago when working on the FP Achievements. :iia:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm having way too much fun with the legacy armour you get from the alliance crates:

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Medullah posted:

It seriously makes things a lot less frustrating.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arsit, just a FYI that since tomorrow night is NYE I shan't be available for raiding. Thought we were moving to tonight but since hardly anyone is on...guess not. :D

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Medullah posted:

Arsit, just a FYI that since tomorrow night is NYE I shan't be available for raiding. Thought we were moving to tonight but since hardly anyone is on...guess not. :D

Gotta pregame for tomorrow, man!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So one of the abilities on my mercenary references something called Incendiary Missles, and wikis I've looked at have said as Mercenary I should have this. I've looked everywhere and cannot for the life of me find this ability.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I

Verranicus posted:

So one of the abilities on my mercenary references something called Incendiary Missles, and wikis I've looked at have said as Mercenary I should have this. I've looked everywhere and cannot for the life of me find this ability.

Incendiary Missile is an ability for the Innovative Ordinance spec, is that what you're running?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

I

Incendiary Missile is an ability for the Innovative Ordinance spec, is that what you're running?

Nope. Didn't even occur to me that it could be for another spec. Guides all just said 'mercenary'. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Level 1-65 through PVP trip report: Currently level 33 and PVP with low level people is still terrible.

- Every turret/control point/door has a repulsive field, forcing anyone to fight as far away from them as possible

- The most important aspect of any match is to chase that one dude and get that one kill

- Marked healers are really cool to look at. You should never attempt to kill them as then you couldn't look at them anymore

- Huttball has clear and precise rules where you must bring the ball to the your team's side and then hand it over to an enemy. That's just polite. Also, stand on every ledge so that Juggs can conveniently leap to you.

- Never, ever, give MVP to your healer. Even though he carried you through that game

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

- Never, ever, give MVP to your healer. Even though he carried you through that game

I actually almost never vote the healer MVP. A) He's going to get votes anyway and B) big numbers in healing is nice, but I'll give my vote to the guy who came running when a node needed help, or even called out for help, etc.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Is there some new poo poo about actual gameplay I should know if I haven't played in 2 years? I'm coming back to play now that I find it apparnetly has GW2's level you down to play with your friends system

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So I had a weird night last night. I was playing my Sorc and decided that, since I want to heal when I hit endgame with him, I should try and learn the spec as I go instead of at 65, so I respeced from Lightning to Corruption.

Then, I decided that since I've been having trouble finding other goons in-game, I might as well join the chat channel as surely that would make it easy. I join the channel and set my chat window to speak in that channel, but before I can introduce myself, I come out of my PVP queue into a match. The entire game, I'm yelling out enemy attacks to my team, since having one healer defend a turret probably isn't a smart strategy, only what I don't realize until the end of the game is that I was typing it all into the goon chat and not into the PVP chat at all and no one saw it. Then, in the hubbub, I accidentally spill liquid onto my keyboard and now every time I press spacebar, it just types an 's' (once I got out the match I took care of it and we're working just fine now).

Anyway, long story short we won the match in a landslide as we took control of all three turrets in the first minute or so of the match and maintained control for the entire match.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

I always vote node guard and/or Tanks because good ones are few and far between. As a Healer myself I love me some Protection numbers something fierce.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Geniasis posted:

So I had a weird night last night. I was playing my Sorc and decided that, since I want to heal when I hit endgame with him, I should try and learn the spec as I go instead of at 65, so I respeced from Lightning to Corruption.

Then, I decided that since I've been having trouble finding other goons in-game, I might as well join the chat channel as surely that would make it easy. I join the channel and set my chat window to speak in that channel, but before I can introduce myself, I come out of my PVP queue into a match. The entire game, I'm yelling out enemy attacks to my team, since having one healer defend a turret probably isn't a smart strategy, only what I don't realize until the end of the game is that I was typing it all into the goon chat and not into the PVP chat at all and no one saw it. Then, in the hubbub, I accidentally spill liquid onto my keyboard and now every time I press spacebar, it just types an 's' (once I got out the match I took care of it and we're working just fine now).

Anyway, long story short we won the match in a landslide as we took control of all three turrets in the first minute or so of the match and maintained control for the entire match.

Did you get an invite to the guild?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Verranicus posted:

Did you get an invite to the guild?

Nah, I ended up exiting out of the game once the match ended because I was freaking out a little bit due to the keyboard thing. Hopefully I'll be on again the next couple of days so I can actually get on the chat properly and not just spamming the feed with "2 inc west!" and poo poo.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Are there still no benefits to remaining grey?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SweetBro posted:

Are there still no benefits to remaining grey?

No penalties either, anymore.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How annoying is it to get a tauntaun mount?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

StashAugustine posted:

You have to gut and sleep in one first.

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-guide/

Seems kind of annoying, but not kill you are self annoying.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

StashAugustine posted:

You get a tauntaun from doing Oricon mission chain up to and including Dread Fortress. Need legendary standing with Oricon I think. It's good money doing the weekly there, it's sort of fast if you team up with someone. Have to do all the dailies as story missions first, it's smoother when you do them as dailies.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RFC2324 posted:

You have to gut and sleep in one first.

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-guide/

Seems kind of annoying, but not kill you are self annoying.

I killed my am self for a title yesterday ("worm food"), so it could be worse. :shrug:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

You can farm a Hoth tauntaun in a couple of hours. Faster if you do it on the weekend (there are usually more Hoth instances then so you can keep switching) and even faster if you have multiple characters.

Also if you have the money you can just buy one from the NPC.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So wat's the best way to farm creds now?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So I decided I want to play a JK guardian going forward. I have a 50 Sentinel but don't really like the play style. Is there anything cool enough in Hutt Cartel and Revan to justify playing through the story or just use the free 60?

I wouldn't be starting from scratch I have a 30 guardian. I enjoyed the original JK story quite a bit.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are legacies cross server and if not why the gently caress not?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
If I intend to play on single player mode, should I start with the older content or just jump right into KotFE?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

If I intend to play on single player mode, should I start with the older content or just jump right into KotFE?

Unless you've already played through the class story in question I would vote for starting with the older content. The original story aspect of this game is incredible and deeper than any other game I've played. Certainly any other MMORPG.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

Are legacies cross server and if not why the gently caress not?

No, but if you transfer one character your whole legacy transfers with them. There are a few nitty gritty hangups, like legacy bank unlocks don't transfer unless you paid hutt bucks for them, but it will copy over all your unlocked decorations, achievements, etc.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I was able to check out TNG's guild ship. I hadn't been on a guild ship before. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Yikes, does the trooper story get better? Just got off Ord Mantell, and not only was the "twist" painfully obvious, but not giving your character an option to flip out on the green chick that shoots the one informant out of the blue is horrendous.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ice Fist posted:

I was able to check out TNG's guild ship. I hadn't been on a guild ship before. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

The sprinkler droids are a nice touch.

Orgophlax posted:

Yikes, does the trooper story get better? Just got off Ord Mantell, and not only was the "twist" painfully obvious, but not giving your character an option to flip out on the green chick that shoots the one informant out of the blue is horrendous.

The trooper story is only loosely coherent and there's really no point if you're not playing a some variety of Renegade

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Are there any goon guilds on EU realms?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Orgophlax posted:

The trooper story is probably the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

The trooper story is probably the worst

While I enjoyed it, I admit is pretty bland and vanilla at times, especially if you played it light side.

I think the stories are best if you play either some shade of gray or cross faction, ie light side for Sith characters.

• Locked thread