Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm just going to stick with what works for me - go for the best player available, using beersheets as a guide. This year in 1 league that meant going WR/WR, and RB/RB in another, and both leagues I only lost 1 game in the regular season. Don't ask about how the playoffs went though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Thwomp posted:

It's come up before but I wonder how badly injuries reshaped the fantasy landscape this season. A number of big names got hurt this year (Nelson, Charles, Bell, Eifert, Ingram) along with injuries to up-and-coming players (Lewis among others).

A big reason guys like T. Hightower and D. Williams are huge plays this year is due to the injury bat coming down hard on RBs.
Lol it played a huge roll. The only people left on my championship winning team from the draft were Brandon Marshall and Cam. The last 4 weeks were basically Doug Baldwin Brandon Marshal and Cam vs the world.

I can only think of 1 or 2 running back studs that went wire to wire this year, everyone else is a backup or was splitting time (Delmarco Murray :( ) Add on to the fact that a lot of guys just didn't produce this year and the seemingly tiny gap between all out dominate teams and really really bad ones this year and this is what we get.

I did end up starting both Bills running backs in my champ game and it turned out pretty well.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 29, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Denver's overtime fumble recovery won me my money league by the thinnest of margins:

edit: This is a 12-man superflex league where I started Colin Kaepernick and Teddy Bridgewater all year. Praise be to Beersheets

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Of my 16 draft picks, I've got 4 or 5 starting on my final-secod-week-of-the-championships team: ODB (3rd round), Gore (5th round), Olsen (6th round), J. Stewart (if he plays, 7th round), and Gostkowski (13th round). Otherwise my whole team is waiver wire pickups. (I guess technically Stafford, my 14th round pick, is back on my team again after I dropped and then re-picked him, but he's been warming the bench behind Bortles.

Le'Veon Bell, Luck, and Jordan Matthews, you were all horrible disappointments. The middle of my draft went great, and then the fliers...well, they didn't pan out but that's fine. At least I started early on the TE/K run and got some of the only consistent players there. Otherwise, thank god I was one of the only two people consistently watching the waiver wire.

Still, I have to give major props to the beer sheets. The injuries were unexpected, and the Colts problems really couldn't have been predicted. Thanks for putting those out!

Now I gotta see if my 60-pt lead can hold on through this weekend's end-of-season shitshow.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Papes posted:

The more people that start to go zero rb make it less and less viable each year

I disagree (mostly anyways), because it's a self correcting problem. If everyone in your league goes Zero RB and skips on high end RBs, and (say) Devonta Freeman slides in your draft while everyone goes WR early... then you just get him at a discount. It's still a value pick a that point, aka reducing your RB exposure/risk factor, which is still Zero RB in principle.

(Edit to clarify: I mean a significant slide, not just a few picks down)

I'm just never drafting a first round RB again. It's a demonstrably bad investment. That position gets injured too much to justify the coin toss chance that your guy plays a full season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
zero RB, RB/RB, RB/WR, Gronk

None of it matters. It's all about dat ~*~VBD~*~

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

zero RB, RB/RB, RB/WR, Gronk

None of it matters. It's all about dat ~*~VBD~*~

This. Don't have a strategy that involves ignoring the value of the assets you buy.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
getting lucky on the waiver is the most important factor in fantasy

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
My work league is over (championship week 16, I won :smugdog:) and I want to change D/ST scoring for next year. This is what I've got right now, the defenses in this case are scoring between tight ends and running backs.

Anyone do something similar and have any suggestions? It's in ESPN so I'm limited to their scoring system. I'd like to add punt return yards to D/ST as a bonus for getting the opponents offense off the field, but I think that would make their overall scoring too high.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

This. Don't have a strategy that involves ignoring the value of the assets you buy.

On that note, don't do snake drafts period! In the two leagues I run, we run auction and everyone came around to agreeing they're both more fair and more fun!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Auctions are more fun but people mentally checkout halfway through or get confused and angry.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Auctions are more fun but people mentally checkout halfway through or get confused and angry.

You say that like it's a bad thing :getin:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Snake drafts are for work leagues. Auctions are the absolute best. Change all of your leagues to auctions.

I hosted a startup dynasty draft at my place at the beginning of last season, and when we had internet issues, we said gently caress it and did the whole 25 rounds old school auctioneer style and kept track in a Google doc. One of the most fun times I've had with Fantasy football.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
This year was brutal with RB's. Not only did most of the top 10 drafted RB's either fizzle or get injured, but some of the RB's who were hot at various points didn't do much in the playoffs. You would think having Todd Gurley and Chris Ivory on a number of my teams (finished 5th and 8th in standard scoring) would have set me up well for the playoffs - you would be wrong.

Ask me about having those two RBs, and Antonio Brown/Julio (top 2 standard WR's) and still not winning.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just draft 12th in all your leagues like me, and you won't have to worry about RB first or WR WR or whatever, because you'll see all of the good RBs go before you get a chance at them and then :shrug:

Next year I think I'm dropping both of those leagues though. Just gonna do my dynasty league and that's it. I'm burnt out on trying to track and watch 30+ players every week.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I looked up guys I started at RB in my standard Yahoo 12 man league this season:

Forte (1st round pick)
McCoy (2nd round pick)
David Johnson
Chris Johnson
Duke Johnson
Shaun Draughn
Bryce Brown
C Michael
Bilal Powell
Mike Gillislee

All WRs I started:

Hopkins
Sanders
Wright
Garcon

Guys just kept getting hurt

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 30, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Top Ten RBs by total points, standard scoring

Jesus Christ, fantasy football, what did you do

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
gently caress Chris Ivory and his 4.2 points in weeks 15 and 16. David Johnson and Deangelo Williams carried teams in two different leagues I was in to titles. Crazy.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thwomp posted:

It's come up before but I wonder how badly injuries reshaped the fantasy landscape this season. A number of big names got hurt this year (Nelson, Charles, Bell, Eifert, Ingram) along with injuries to up-and-coming players (Lewis among others).

A big reason guys like T. Hightower and D. Williams are huge plays this year is due to the injury bat coming down hard on RBs.

I got crushed by injuries. Romo, Keenan Allen and Ingram were all guys I drafted that went on IR. Edelman was out for the stretch drive, Steve Smith Sr. got hurt the week I traded for him and OBJ was a moron and was out for the most important game. However thanks to 11 picks in the first 6 rounds, Beersheets (all praise be to Beer) and some great advice from you guys I managed second place in my $60 keeper league.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
How do you folks feel about the PPR dynasty values of Abdullah and Agholor? I was thinking of throwing a trade out to an owner who actually did well this year despite these two, but I have no idea what their value would be right now and what an opening offer would be.

Like... Abdullah and Agholor for Ted Ginn and a 2016 3rd?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

How do you folks feel about the PPR dynasty values of Abdullah and Agholor? I was thinking of throwing a trade out to an owner who actually did well this year despite these two, but I have no idea what their value would be right now and what an opening offer would be.

Like... Abdullah and Agholor for Ted Ginn and a 2016 3rd?

That trade should never happen. Abdullah and Agholor are still just a year out from being reasonable late first round picks. Ginn is going to go back to irrelevance when Benjamin comes back and is not getting any younger. If you can get either one for Ginn, that's a big win for you. If I held either, and for some crazy reason wanted to target Ginn, I'd want something like an early 2nd + Ginn for Abdullah, and probably just wouldn't trade Agholor since his value right now is probably about as low as it can get.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I've hardly changed my lineup all season and I'm in the finals. I logged into Fantasy Pros which was probably a mistake but it is suggesting I swap Kamar Aiken for Karlos Williams. Aiken has been on fire lately so I was kind of confused. Then the more I thought about it Karlos might have more motivation to try week 17 and now I can't decide. $1800 is on the line so...yeah

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do you guys think J. Stew will play and be useful this weekend? I'm starting Hightower and Gore, and trying to decide between J. Stew and one of James White, Woodhead, and M. Bryant at flex. If Stewart plays he's normally great, but I'm worried the Panthers will decide the game doesn't matter that much and they'd rather give him a few extra weeks off to heal.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
PPR? I'm not starting Karlos against the Jets defense.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Popero posted:

PPR? I'm not starting Karlos against the Jets defense.

Yeah PPR sorry.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Yeah PPR sorry.

Woodhead and Aiken for me then

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Popero posted:

Woodhead and Aiken for me then

Agreed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah I looked up guys I started at RB in my standard Yahoo 12 man league this season:

Forte (1st round pick)
McCoy (2nd round pick)
David Johnson
Chris Johnson
Duke Johnson
Shaun Draughn
Bryce Brown
C Michael
Bilal Powell
Mike Gillislee

All WRs I started:

Hopkins
Sanders
Wright
Garcon

Guys just kept getting hurt

My winning team. *never started. Drafted

RB
L Bell
McCoy
Doug Martin (dropped him like an idiot after week 2)
Spiller
AA
Karlos Williams
Hightower
Sims
Rawls
Dunbar
Hillman
Riddick
Sproles
Rashad Jennings
Cobb*
C-Mike*

WR
AB84
Hopkins
Cooper
Agholor
Rishard Matthews
Jordy*
DeVante Parker*
Quick*
Hankerson*
Amendola*
Ginn*

There is a strong correlation with almost never starting waiver WRs and my draft. Imagine if Jordy never tore his ACL, too. :monocle: This is a keeper league (kept Jordy, L bell, and Hopkins) and went AB/McCoy to start. Still insane how many RBs I went through.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 31, 2015

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Reik posted:

My work league is over (championship week 16, I won :smugdog:) and I want to change D/ST scoring for next year. This is what I've got right now, the defenses in this case are scoring between tight ends and running backs.

Anyone do something similar and have any suggestions? It's in ESPN so I'm limited to their scoring system. I'd like to add punt return yards to D/ST as a bonus for getting the opponents offense off the field, but I think that would make their overall scoring too high.

I give ret yds to d/st and can tell you you'll see scoring closer to QB2s with big outliers each week (i.e. #1 d/st gets 33pts, next closest gets 15) but the variance between teams over the course of the season is still similar to standard scoring leagues.

I think of it as point inflation but in a justified way.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Lost in the championship this year, rats. Question though; should I keep OBJ or Gurley? I only get one keeper and I'm most likely going to choose one of them. I also have Devonta Freeman but I don't think he's as good of a choice as those two. The league I am in, barring any future rule changes, is not PPR.

In keeper and dynasty, always stick with the elite WR

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

District Selectman posted:

In keeper and dynasty, always stick with the elite WR

Wisdom.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Would have won the championship if Campbell would have give Lamar miller the ball on the 1 last week :suicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ruh roh

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Not enough for me to win in the only league I was against Williams, but it made it closer :) Time to hope for a few more miracle stat corrections.

E: Man, now I'm just sad. In that league, DST scoring is heavy, and I started KC (against Cleveland). KC had racked up 33-40 points in 5 of the previous 6 weeks. Sacks are worth 3 there, so that no sack game against Cleveland, and only one turnover, netted them 18... And I lost by 6.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 31, 2015

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Where are good places to look for keeper/dynasty leagues to join for next season? And when do such leagues usually start recruiting, now or when next season is imminent?

I live in the UK so outside of my current league no-one else I know plays, so I can't just ask around.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

The Aguamoose posted:

Where are good places to look for keeper/dynasty leagues to join for next season? And when do such leagues usually start recruiting, now or when next season is imminent?

I live in the UK so outside of my current league no-one else I know plays, so I can't just ask around.

I just went on the r/findaleague subreddit around late summer last year and there were a number of dynasty startups looking for people.

I wouldn't suggest joining a dynasty/keeper league until the 2016 draft is over with at the very earliest.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

I just went on the r/findaleague subreddit around late summer last year and there were a number of dynasty startups looking for people.

I wouldn't suggest joining a dynasty/keeper league until the 2016 draft is over with at the very earliest.

I joined a couple last year the same way. Though I would say that leagues that started earlier, like February to a bit before the NFL draft, had really nicely active managers, even though they were just random people joining a league. Last second dynasty leagues starting a week or two before the season seem much more likely go have people duck out.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

I joined a couple last year the same way. Though I would say that leagues that started earlier, like February to a bit before the NFL draft, had really nicely active managers, even though they were just random people joining a league. Last second dynasty leagues starting a week or two before the season seem much more likely go have people duck out.

So far I've been pretty lucky in terms of people ducking out of the dynasty leagues I joined, but they've also been surprisingly competitive (like, Goon league levels of competitive). Reddit's QOTD is kicking my rear end in one of them to the point where I've been tempted to throw my entire lineup out here in a post and go "Just... what do I do? Please help :("

Then again I got my rear end handed to me in most leagues (made the playoffs in 7/10 leagues this year, was only in the championship game in 1/7 and I lost :( ) so I'm just bad at this.

Speaking of which, another quick PPR dynasty question: How do you all value Eddie Lacy versus TJ Yeldon? I have a guy in a league who wants Yeldon and is willing to move Lacy, so I might end up being able to do a sort of Yeldon-ASJ for Lacy-Clay lateral move but I'm not sure it's worth it. I also might be able to talk him down to Yeldon-Fletcher Cox (IDP)-2nd round pick for Lacy. I'm terrible at valuing dynasty trades.

EDIT: For context, my RBs on that team are Yeldon + Gurley and then a massive drop off into Jay Ajayi/Mike Davis levels of unstartable lottery tickets.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 31, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, how far overdrafted is David Johnson gonna be next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm hearing rumblings of a first round pick for David Johnson, but I'm gonna pass on that

• Locked thread