Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
New LoT trailer

So, a. I love Wentworth Miller, and B. Who si Boba Fett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

B. Who si Boba Fett?

What.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

bunnyofdoom posted:

New LoT trailer

So, a. I love Wentworth Miller, and B. Who si Boba Fett?

Video refuses to load for me. :/

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

In the trailer. There's teh dude who Cold calls Boba Fett. I was wondering if that dude is a DC character already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

In the trailer. There's teh dude who Cold calls Boba Fett. I was wondering if that dude is a DC character already.

Oooooooh I thought you were like "Who is this Boba Fett guy, I have never heard of him."

It's hard to say from that brief glimpse, we'll probably find out in the first episode.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They really seem to have possibly spent too much money on this show. Like, just from the look of it. It has a better look to it than any of the other comic book shows. I hope that doesn't negatively effect their chances of renewal, but even if they were renewed, I highly doubt they will be allowed to blow that kind of money on a winter show again. Unless they didn't blow more money than usual and the people shooting it/handling the effects were just really good.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Oooooooh I thought you were like "Who is this Boba Fett guy, I have never heard of him."

It's hard to say from that brief glimpse, we'll probably find out in the first episode.

I'm hurt Rhyno. Of course I know what kinda punk bitch Boba Fett is. Dengar 4 lyfe!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dengar that mummy gently caress

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Of course IG-88 what kinda Zuckuss Bossk Boba Fett is. Dengar 4-LOM!

Fixed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm hurt Rhyno. Of course I know what kinda punk bitch Boba Fett is. Dengar 4 lyfe!

https://youtu.be/1VBoB5zuOFg

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjmen6qE_o

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok so apparently the rights to live-action Taskmaster have reverted back to Marvel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Would Marvel use him as their own Deadpool?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Would Marvel use him as their own Deadpool?

What do you mean by that though? Because he isn't very much like DP at all, in neither personality, nor power set. He's a mercenary with the ability to copy fighting styles and other physical skills, who is also suffering from selective amnesia as the result of his powers. He's a bad guy, who was a good guy, but can't remember that he was and apparently no one really knows or cares enough to tell him because he's useful to the good guys as a bad guy, or something. Unless TM: Origins was retconned by now, of course.

If the MCU used him though, I am sure they would just make him a more generic bad guy who can copy moves and wears a creepy mask. :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well if what they did to Batroc was any indication...

(not knocking on George St. Pierre tho, he did drat good in that bit)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

What do you mean by that though? Because he isn't very much like DP at all, in neither personality, nor power set. He's a mercenary with the ability to copy fighting styles and other physical skills, who is also suffering from selective amnesia as the result of his powers. He's a bad guy, who was a good guy, but can't remember that he was and apparently no one really knows or cares enough to tell him because he's useful to the good guys as a bad guy, or something. Unless TM: Origins was retconned by now, of course.

If the MCU used him though, I am sure they would just make him a more generic bad guy who can copy moves and wears a creepy mask. :(

I men that's he's got a pretty good cult following and with a little tweaking he could become their own Merc-With-A-Mouthish guy.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Men: The Animated Series was definitely the best post-Fleischer superhero cartoon but Batman was good too

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When Deadpool needed to appear in 2 places at once, he did hire Taskmaster to be the other Deadpool. And dammit, right after they made Ward a Goa'uld.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Scyantific posted:

(not knocking on George St. Pierre tho, he did drat good in that bit)

Except for the acting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Just as long as they can get the rights to his badass Marvel vs. Capcom 3 theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5CE_soMdlg

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Except for the acting.

He barely had enough character to qualify as acting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

McSpanky posted:

He barely had enough character to qualify as acting.

If you could speak french you'd realize what a good decision that was.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Watching Batman 66 and the episode Penguin goes straight and the interrogation Batman does in the box is one of the greatest things ever aired. It makes the one in the Dark knight completely ridiculous.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

If you could speak french you'd realize what a good decision that was.

from my understanding it's like they got a character for a british character and the actor just had a thick texan accent

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but nobody cares about Algeria.

It is a bit odd they didn't just make him a Quebecer. It's not like they have future plans for Batroc, and the joke still works if they say Canadian.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

from my understanding it's like they got a character for a british character and the actor just had a thick texan accent

Yeah, and also his acting was horrid, even taking that into account.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I just finished watching Jessica Jones and I really enjoyed it, although I feel like it could've/should've really been a shorter series. Are we still doing spoiler tags when discussing the show? I feel like it's been long enough to where I shouldn't have to tag stuff but I'll play it safe. Anyway, I really liked the show, but I think by the third time Kilgrave escaped, I was rolling my eyes going "Did we need this many episodes?". Speaking of the third time Kilgrave escaped, I really don't understand what the purpose of Jessica's neighbors was. I think they're supposed to be comic relief, but the show's tone is never overtly funny and holy poo poo is nothing they ever do funny. So Ruben's there to die I guess, because Jessica doesn't feel bad enough and the viewers haven't grasped after 6 episodes that Kilgrave's a hosed up guy, but Robin's there to... make me hate her? I just don't get it.

Oh and I guess I'll echo what other people have said about how weird it is that the show avoids saying other superheroes' names. Like yeah, Jessica Jones is a jaded lady who's not going to look up to the Avengers, I buy that, and I can buy that the MCU's public is still adjusting to the idea of superpowered people and so the process of proving a man with mind-control powers exists wouldn't be as simple as going "don't you remember the alien invasion?", that all works within my suspension of disbelief, but she and Luke Cage sitting around talking about "the green guy and the flag-waver" is just as awkward as having Supergirl talking about "her cousin".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The MCU TV shows, including the one with a guy who hung out with the Avengers and had Nick Fury appear twice, are way worse about it than even the Supergirl pilot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Not really. AOS name drops the Avengers all the time and they're only referenced once in Daredevil.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't mean frequency, I mean the awkward ways they avoid names.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of the third time Kilgrave escaped, I really don't understand what the purpose of Jessica's neighbors was. I think they're supposed to be comic relief, but the show's tone is never overtly funny and holy poo poo is nothing they ever do funny. So Ruben's there to die I guess, because Jessica doesn't feel bad enough and the viewers haven't grasped after 6 episodes that Kilgrave's a hosed up guy, but Robin's there to... make me hate her? I just don't get it.

I'm not going to spoiler this answer because it is thematic stuff about a show that's been out for a while. The show is a huge examination of abusive relationships, and the neighbors are there to show that abusive relationships are not necessarily boyfriends abusing girlfriends. I also thought "He can't even tie his own shoes without my permission." was the funniest line of the series, but the part you mentioned was pretty dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There are rumors that Daredevil Season 2 will be on Netflix as early as March. I'd not put too much stock in this until I see something direct from Netflix or Marvel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

There are rumors that Daredevil Season 2 will be on Netflix as early as March. I'd not put too much stock in this until I see something direct from Netflix or Marvel.

I think they started shooting it before Luke Cage and it'd make sense to have one premier in the spring and the other in the fall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't that when the first season hit?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Isn't that when the first season hit?

It was in April last year.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Anyway, I really liked the show, but I think by the third time Kilgrave escaped, I was rolling my eyes going "Did we need this many episodes?". Speaking of the third time Kilgrave escaped, I really don't understand what the purpose of Jessica's neighbors was. I think they're supposed to be comic relief, but the show's tone is never overtly funny and holy poo poo is nothing they ever do funny. So Ruben's there to die I guess, because Jessica doesn't feel bad enough and the viewers haven't grasped after 6 episodes that Kilgrave's a hosed up guy, but Robin's there to... make me hate her? I just don't get it.

The weird thing about them is that they're fairly standard "weird sitcom upstairs neighbours" for most of the series, so when they become relevant to the main Kilgrave plot you're not quite sure whether they're being serious. The one bit that give me pause was Robin - despite being an obvious crazy person - successfully convincing the Kilgrave support group to go after Jessica in her own apartment. Sure, Jessica was basically using said group to serve her own investigation, so I can buy her getting them to think again about her, but to the point of going and attacking her in her own home? I wasn't so sure about that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I thought the group turn's on JJ made sense with Robin's push. She didn't sympathize with them and was even dismissive of them for the most part, and with people almost always willing to settle for scapegoats to their problems they just needed someone to aim them at JJ.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Remember that by "group" it's "two people." One was a gigantic douche already and the other was visibly frustrated that talking through their problems was completely worthless. The others stayed out of it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, Deathstorm (Earth-2 Ronnie Raymond) is coming to the Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just a PSA that the DCAU Justice League shows will be removed from Netflix on February 1st. I'm rewatching them now before they're gone. They were my first exposure to lots of DC characters, and the shows still hold up incredibly well. Andrea Romano's voice casting game was especially on point. Powers Boothe as Gorilla Grodd :allears: