Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Mu Zeta posted:

Nabbed a Nexus 6 on Amazon because it's on fire sale. Just a year ago these things were like $500.

So glad I checked this thread. I just got a Nexus 5x for Christmas and switched to Google Fi and wanted to get my wife switched over but the google store was out of the 6 and only had the 6p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It works way better than I feared it would.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So who's Steam account did you log into when you plugged it in? :v:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SpartanIV posted:

Do you know what comforter you have in that cover? I'm looking to replace my ragged quilt with a duvet but I'm hesitant on what comforter to buy to stuff it with.

It's just a bed bath and beyond markdown. ''Distinctly Home blended duvet'' was 280CA marked down to 80CA. It's duck down and feather, if you've allergies. I know eff all about this stuff, I just bought it because it was cheap-ish. It's pretty warm but not super heavy, good for west coast weather.

Shortly after buying all that another goon linked a website ''society6 dot com'' which has awesome duvet covers. Ah well.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

It's just a bed bath and beyond markdown. ''Distinctly Home blended duvet'' was 280CA marked down to 80CA. It's duck down and feather, if you've allergies. I know eff all about this stuff, I just bought it because it was cheap-ish. It's pretty warm but not super heavy, good for west coast weather.

Shortly after buying all that another goon linked a website ''society6 dot com'' which has awesome duvet covers. Ah well.

are those covers soft? i've been wanting to buy one from them, but wasn't sure how cheaply made they'd be

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mu Zeta posted:

Nabbed a Nexus 6 on Amazon because it's on fire sale. Just a year ago these things were like $500.

Bought one of these as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone have any recommendations for cases? I've usually bought the otterbox commuter for every smartphone I've had, but wondering if there is a new kid on the block that does it better/cheaper.

Edit: VVVVVV and now we know why you have herpes VVVVVV

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Dec 30, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I go raw dog with all my electronics. If I drop it and break the glass it's my fault and I deserved it.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

1redflag posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for cases? I've usually bought the otterbox commuter for every smartphone I've had, but wondering if there is a new kid on the block that does it better/cheaper.

Nah, still otterbox in my opinion

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

1redflag posted:

I like the color offerings of incipio for cases. They make nice poo poo and have a wider range of products.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

kloa posted:

are those covers soft? i've been wanting to buy one from them, but wasn't sure how cheaply made they'd be

Afraid I don't know. I plan to purchase one nearer next summer, just for variety's sake.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

In black. Way better than the cheap plastic Verizon one I got when I got the phone.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

1redflag posted:

I only use a dbrand skin for the back, since the blue version picks up fingerprints pretty easily and is a bit too slick for my taste. Phone is still flawless after a year of use (as is the skin - those things are really good).

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do they make phones slippery.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

gently caress, they are all out at that price.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress, they are all out at that price.

32s were all at 399 at like 3 Central, 64 GB models were still available. Thanks mu zeta, I've never had a brand new smart phone, just lots of hand-me-downs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oddhair posted:

32s were all at 399 at like 3 Central, 64 GB models were still available. Thanks mu zeta, I've never had a brand new smart phone, just lots of hand-me-downs.

Yeah but the 64BG were going for 300.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

davebo posted:

That's pretty drat impressive. What kind was the old one?

Original one from a Honda civic hatchback 2001. I've read somewhere Japanese batteries are usually excellent quality

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would just check back once a day. They were also sold out a few days ago before getting it back in stock yesterday.

The 32gig should be $250 and the 64gig $300. Make sure the seller is Amazon.com and not Shecky's Phone Shack.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've been saving up for a 3d printer, but now I'm thinking about upgrading my samsung galaxy light or whatever the gently caress it is from cricket over to a nexus 6.

So, I guess thanks? I'll either kick off the year with a new phone I don't really need, or a new 3d printer that I don't really need.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've been saving up for a 3d printer, but now I'm thinking about upgrading my samsung galaxy light or whatever the gently caress it is from cricket over to a nexus 6.

So, I guess thanks? I'll either kick off the year with a new phone I don't really need, or a new 3d printer that I don't really need.

One lets you create guns and sex toys at home, the other gives you slightly smoother Facebook scrolling.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno man, I haven't put facebook on my phone yet, and I think PLA would be kinda hard to gently caress.

It's still a big numbers game.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but the 64BG were going for 300.

Yeah, I was phoneposting, I really wanted to save the $50 and get a 32GB model, but being forced to upgrade to the bigger storage is probably for the best (for me, at least). Anxiously awaiting its arrival (edit) tomorrow... dammit.

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Dec 30, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Diztronic tpu cases are the goon-approved choice for almost all phones in the Android thread. I had one for my nexus 6 (have the 6p now).

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fire Safety Doug posted:

One lets you create guns and sex toys at home, the other gives you slightly smoother Facebook scrolling.

If he's correct about his phone model, it's the equivalent of a 4 year old phone. Definitely a massive upgrade, not just slightly smoother scrolling. The light was massively outdated on release.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Late Christmas present to myself.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Reverse Centaur posted:

Diztronic tpu cases are the goon-approved choice for almost all phones in the Android thread. I had one for my nexus 6 (have the 6p now).

Huh, that surprises me. That's what I'm using now, and they've worked well for me, but my only criteria were that the case be slim and cheap. Score one for stinginess!

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Sony A7R MK II

Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8

Anova Precision Cooker

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Dec 30, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Okay, so I got hosed on that Crown Victoria, but for an extra $1800, I got this fat daddy:

2003 Cadillac DeVille

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phone cases are for pussies but, then again, I have a Lumia provided by my employer. They did provide a case as well but I threw it in the bin because it made the phone even bigger. Namaste.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Okay, so I got hosed on that Crown Victoria, but for an extra $1800, I got this fat daddy:

2003 Cadillac DeVille

Does that one have the Northstar V8?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQj7Clsscus :whatup:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That is a nice loving kit there :eyepop:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Roosevelt posted:

Does that one have the Northstar V8?

Yup!

...is that good?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Nothing exciting, but upgraded my iPad mini 1 to an Air 2 with a bit of my Christmas bonus.

It's insanely fast and awesome and I also bought The Room 3.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, how did Tommy manage to make 2 sequels without me noticing??

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rolo posted:

... I also bought The Room 3.

I managed to stumble across The Room games a couple weeks ago. They are worth every single penny.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo, how did Tommy manage to make 2 sequels without me noticing??

Oh hi Mark!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I picked up all nine seasons of The X-Files on Blu-ray. I didn't get by the gigantic box set because it doesn't offer anything other than a big-rear end box to hold the individual seasons and movies.

Not worth the extra $100 or so.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

Nothing exciting, but upgraded my iPad mini 1 to an Air 2 with a bit of my Christmas bonus.

It's insanely fast and awesome and I also bought The Room 3.

drat I didn't realize 3 was out. Gonna go buy that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

big mean giraffe posted:

drat I didn't realize 3 was out. Gonna go buy that now.

Yeah man I'm like 3 chapters in and it definitely scratches the same itch.