Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is there any way to purchase Into Free or is there a literal conspiracy to kill that song in any form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Crabtree posted:

So is there any way to purchase Into Free or is there a literal conspiracy to kill that song in any form?

It's on iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/into-free-dangan-single/id511822436

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Crabtree posted:

it's been on itunes for a long-rear end time

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Crabtree posted:

http://bz-vermillion.com/english/bz/ should have the localized link for your iTunes if you're not American.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Turk posted:

What is the best way to get gold and the rift money?
Before the post-game, gold shouldn't be that tight unless you're switching between several classes to learn Augments and buying the best gear available each time. If you're not doing that, simply keeping up with the notice board quests as you do your thing should keep you covered. Once you hit post-game, I think the fastest way to farm gold might be killing the offline Ur-dragon and selling the Wakestones it drops.

For rift crystals, you need to either get people to hire your pawn run or around deep in Bitterblack. If you're lucky, the chest maneaters can drop 20,000+, and the deeper in you get the more likely it is that chests and the enemies found will drop worthwhile amounts. Rift crystal drops are supposed to get beefed up all around for the PC version, too.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Turk posted:

Having lots of fun with this game. More than I imagined I would. Can not wait for the PC release now.

What is the best way to get the rift money?

To convince to turn on my Xbox and go dragon farming.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/723048/dragons-dogma-music-video-intro-free-dangan-by-bz/

weirdly g4 is the only place i've found into free

who knew they'd be good for something

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Random Hajile posted:

Before the post-game, gold shouldn't be that tight unless you're switching between several classes to learn Augments and buying the best gear available each time. If you're not doing that, simply keeping up with the notice board quests as you do your thing should keep you covered. Once you hit post-game, I think the fastest way to farm gold might be killing the offline Ur-dragon and selling the Wakestones it drops.

For rift crystals, you need to either get people to hire your pawn run or around deep in Bitterblack. If you're lucky, the chest maneaters can drop 20,000+, and the deeper in you get the more likely it is that chests and the enemies found will drop worthwhile amounts. Rift crystal drops are supposed to get beefed up all around for the PC version, too.

Another way to gain massive amounts of gold is to just activate hard mode, everything including basic goblins and wolves have a pretty good chance to drop 10 000 gold sacks so you gain a shitload of money just by murdering your way through the game. Excluding the beginning of the game hard mode might actually be easier than normal mode since everything drops massive amounts of gold so you can always afford the best gear and the doubled exp and discipline means you out-level everything really quickly.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Listening to Into Free a few more times (thanks for the link, Thumbtacks) I noticed that (real actual game spoiler) "we kill ourselves in the end" is in the lyrics. coincidence? :tinfoil:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Oo Koo posted:

Another way to gain massive amounts of gold is to just activate hard mode, everything including basic goblins and wolves have a pretty good chance to drop 10 000 gold sacks so you gain a shitload of money just by murdering your way through the game. Excluding the beginning of the game hard mode might actually be easier than normal mode since everything drops massive amounts of gold so you can always afford the best gear and the doubled exp and discipline means you out-level everything really quickly.

Seconding this. Even just turning hard mode on for like, a half hour of goblin slaying, is enough for a big ol' XP and gold windfall that can coast you through for a while. Post-game, running through Everfall or killing offline Ur-Dragon will supply you with enough Wakestones to make you very rich, very quickly. Killing Urdy is also a good source of Holy-enchanted weapons, dragonkin-related mats, and sour and rotten Ambrosial Meat, which all sell for a ton as well.

An early tip: you can complete two BBI noticeboard quests extremely early on if you can manage to haul rear end through the first floor. The "Talk to Barroch" and "Purify a Cursed Item" quests are solvable by reaching the totally safe second floor (which also happens to be full of loot and high-level curatives). Each quest gives a fat stack of XP and 20,000 gold.

Early on, RC is going to be tight unless your pawn gets some generous rents. Once you dig deeper into BBI you'll start picking up good amounts just as regular chest and big enemy loot.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

paco650 posted:

An early tip: you can complete two BBI noticeboard quests extremely early on if you can manage to haul rear end through the first floor. The "Talk to Barroch" and "Purify a Cursed Item" quests are solvable by reaching the totally safe second floor (which also happens to be full of loot and high-level curatives). Each quest gives a fat stack of XP and 20,000 gold.

On every new playthrough I immediately head to BBI for these quests, as well as to pick up the first moonbeam gem so that I can grab a ring of perseverance (+50% discipline points gained). Totally possible on a brand new character, and pretty easy aside from that goddamn gorecyclops tower area with a bunch of gargoyles.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Vargs posted:

On every new playthrough I immediately head to BBI for these quests, as well as to pick up the first moonbeam gem so that I can grab a ring of perseverance (+50% discipline points gained). Totally possible on a brand new character, and pretty easy aside from that goddamn gorecyclops tower area with a bunch of gargoyles.

I never wanted to push my luck that far, but for that ring it might be worth it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

paco650 posted:

I never wanted to push my luck that far, but for that ring it might be worth it.

As long as you can make a straight shot to the gem, it's pretty easy running past all the enemies.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

Daerc posted:

http://bz-vermillion.com/english/bz/ should have the localized link for your iTunes if you're not American.

Thank you for this

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

paco650 posted:

Seconding this. Even just turning hard mode on for like, a half hour of goblin slaying, is enough for a big ol' XP and gold windfall that can coast you through for a while. Post-game, running through Everfall or killing offline Ur-Dragon will supply you with enough Wakestones to make you very rich, very quickly. Killing Urdy is also a good source of Holy-enchanted weapons, dragonkin-related mats, and sour and rotten Ambrosial Meat, which all sell for a ton as well.

Early on, RC is going to be tight unless your pawn gets some generous rents. Once you dig deeper into BBI you'll start picking up good amounts just as regular chest and big enemy loot.

That reminds me. I wonder if PC Ur-Dragon is going to be on the same cycle as the console one, or if we're going to get a fresh Ur-Dragon. If we get a fresh Ur-Dragon, I might ACTUALLY finally get an online kill, since I never had the patience to check GameFAQs for when he was in grace period, and I played DD too late for any other possibility to be viable.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

paco650 posted:

Just beat your head against the wall until you get that key, and can use an item to zip back to camp.

Infinity Gaia posted:

That reminds me. I wonder if PC Ur-Dragon is going to be on the same cycle as the console one, or if we're going to get a fresh Ur-Dragon. If we get a fresh Ur-Dragon, I might ACTUALLY finally get an online kill, since I never had the patience to check GameFAQs for when he was in grace period, and I played DD too late for any other possibility to be viable.

It's split on PS3 and 360, so if it's shared the question is which Ur it would be associated.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
The wait for this is killing me. 2 more weeks! I guess that gives me just enough time to get my affairs in order before everything outside of Dragon's Dogma ceases to exist.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Infinity Gaia posted:

They have to do a fresh Ur! I don't see why they'd try to shimmy a console Ur into the mix.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

This reminds me that I never really understood how Ur-Dragon worked, and maybe starting fresh on PC will give me a chance to figure out just what the hell is up with him.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Asynchronous dragon slaying through multiple universes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo this class looks awesome. Alchemist I guess is the name of the class they are adding to DDON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4htPIBCX88

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dexo posted:

Holy poo poo this class looks awesome. Alchemist I guess is the name of the class they are adding to DDON

When I read "alchemist" I pictured potions and concoctions and stuff, but this looks like it belongs in Fullmetal Alchemist and that owns.

Illuminated Rodent
Oct 28, 2010
The wait is killing me, been toying around with the builds, can't decide to go for a fancy 600/600 build or settle for a 500/500 one with defense around 300/300. I know it needs to be balanced because on the 360 and PS3 I could never really decide what the hell to play long term. At least Sorcerer levels will be a lot more fun when spells don't make the system slow down massively.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Illuminated Rodent posted:

The wait is killing me, been toying around with the builds, can't decide to go for a fancy 600/600 build or settle for a 500/500 one with defense around 300/300. I know it needs to be balanced because on the 360 and PS3 I could never really decide what the hell to play long term. At least Sorcerer levels will be a lot more fun when spells don't make the system slow down massively.

Here's what I'm doing, because it worked really well when I did it on PS3:

http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000001e001e1e0000000000003c280000

I'll get to play as many of the classes I enjoy and end up with:

4110 HP
3830 ST
516 Attack
538 Magick
357 Defense
358 Magick Defense

This is for a Mystic Knight sort of guy. I might slip in some levels of Magick Archer, but I don't really like that class as much as Mystic Knight overall. I could min-max further, or go for a pure magick Mystic Knight and rip the game wide open, but the game's not nearly hard enough to demand min-maxing, and even if I could eke out another 100 Attack and Magick I don't think I'd notice that as much as I would less HP and ST.

Illuminated Rodent
Oct 28, 2010
Pretty similar to what I'm thinking myself. http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af0000000000001e3c00000000000064000000

You're right about the game not needing any min maxing but honestly to a point I enjoy it, still it's a razor thin line where that fun will turn into frustration. That's the main reason for the MK levels really, just to dick around.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I'm really just praying for some turbo nerd somewhere to make some sort of mod that will increase spawns tenfold. I want to fight a hundred goblins at once.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Illuminated Rodent posted:

Pretty similar to what I'm thinking myself. http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af0000000000001e3c00000000000064000000

You're right about the game not needing any min maxing but honestly to a point I enjoy it, still it's a razor thin line where that fun will turn into frustration. That's the main reason for the MK levels really, just to dick around.

Yeah, I actually really like casual min-maxing, but I'm not going to min-max to the point of sacrificing fun, especially when the game in no way demands it. I mean, poo poo, I could just go Mystic Knight from 10-200 and still finish the game and all the optional stuff just fine, but I definitely get some enjoyment out of making a plan and following it. I have a plan for my pawn, too, who's going to be a Sorcerer:

http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am140000001432000000000000000064000000

The Fighter and Ranger levels are there because pawns aren't as good at avoiding damage or managing stamina as human players can be, so the pawn will need some extra cushion on the HP/ST side of things. I could go a little further to get more Defense, too, but I also really like the look of that sky-high Magick stat.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Levels beyond 100 or so don't really matter. I mean, I beat BBI twice over and did a bit of Daimon grinding and only got to around 110.

Dexo posted:

God I really hope DD PC does well enough to convince them to localize DDO.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They don't matter, sure, but you'll also get them pretty easily if you're doing BBI on Hard mode. I wasn't even trying and I ended up at 150ish just loving around in BBI, then killed Daimon to go the rest of the way because it seemed fun.

I want someone to make a mod that adds Very Hard mode or something that just makes every enemy level 200 in the core game and BBI. Then I can do NG+ on that mode and have something to do with my level 200 Arisen.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oh, fair enough. I never do Hard Mode because of that'; it's too hard during the beginning, and too easy for the rest of the game due to that EXP/gold increase.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Someone once recommended doing a Hard Mode restart early in the game, but not right at the start. Like, get to level 20 or so, then restart on Hard Mode. That puts you about at the right power level for the early game Hard Mode enemies. The side-effect is you're going to level a lot faster because you get more experience, and you'll be swimming in gold, but I'm fine with that.

One note is that you'll be forced back into a basic class when you restart, but you can just hop to Bitterblack as soon as you get your main pawn and let the NPC there change your class for you.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Oh, fair enough. I never do Hard Mode because of that'; it's too hard during the beginning, and too easy for the rest of the game due to that EXP/gold increase.

Hard Mode doesn't really affect BBI too much. BBI damage is already increased 225%, and Hard Mode doesn't change that. The only thing it really influences is stagger/knockdown thressholds (which does much fairly big difference in your damage output, given the damage bonus from hitting vulnerable enemies), and the XP/gold drops.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I know a lot of people hate sorcerer because of how "hit button and wait" it is but goddamn if you don't get a boner off of landing a Grand Gicel on something you clearly haven't played sorcerer

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I once found a Grand Bolide skill ring on BBI. It was amazing. Killing a Hydra with one cast.

Regarding hard mode and late game, on my last character I played Hard Mode and used the Arisen's bond in postgame to max Fournivals affinity and used my gold to buy the exp charms from him. I used them for every big monster and got to around level 150 with some Everfall grinding and 2 or 3 trips through BBI.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blacktoll posted:

I'm really just praying for some turbo nerd somewhere to make some sort of mod that will increase spawns tenfold. I want to fight a hundred goblins at once.

Legendary Dark Arisen Mode :getin:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

sicDaniel posted:

I once found a Grand Bolide skill ring on BBI. It was amazing. Killing a Hydra with one cast.

Regarding hard mode and late game, on my last character I played Hard Mode and used the Arisen's bond in postgame to max Fournivals affinity and used my gold to buy the exp charms from him. I used them for every big monster and got to around level 150 with some Everfall grinding and 2 or 3 trips through BBI.

Best way to do it is to get to a point where you can nuke the hell out of offline Ur and just farm him, it's insanely fast if you're geared enough.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Daerc posted:

I never realized the caliber of band that did the dragon's dogma buttrock

now that I think about it, though, it's probably hard to make really good buttrock, and that's some primo buttrock they made

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

CharlestonJew posted:

Legendary Dark Arisen Mode :getin:

Yes, this man gets it. An endless tide of the little bastards. Two dozen at once getting smashed by wizard spells. Mm..

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Genocyber posted:

God I really hope DD PC does well enough to convince them to localize DDO.

There's a petition for that here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to pick this game up for PC when it comes out mid-January. What would be the best character class, and what stats should I focus on?

• Locked thread