Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

-Fish- posted:

For that matter, I'm willing to bet ChiChi doesn't know what a theme park is either.

when goten heard about trunks going to a theme park, he asked his mom to take him as well

they ended up in a library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Covok posted:

Other than an abhorrent waste, is there any name for a drink that is a mix of beer and champagne? That'd be their fusion name.

Miller High Life.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think TFS will finish the Cell Saga in 2016?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think TFS will finish the Cell Saga in 2016?

Are you expecting them to finish Perfect Cell in 3 episodes?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I expect they'll wrap it up at 60, with the 60th episode covering the entire Gohan versus Cell fight. Episode 10 was an extended episode that covered the majority of the Vegeta fight, episode 30 was an extended episode that covered all of Goku versus Frieza so making an extra long episode 60 of Gohan versus Cell with everything that implies seems a very neat number to wrap it on. And given the amount of content left it doesn't seem unreasonable to cover the rest in 8 episodes. They only put out 5 episodes in the past year though, including one at the end of December last year, so only 4 in this actual calendar year. So...maybe 2017?

Of course, whether they release all of the extended finale episode in one go or not is another thing, given that the Frieza fight was all released in one go by the looks of things, while the Vegeta one was released in 3 parts over a couple of weeks. I've seen some people saying they don't intend to do the Buu saga. Anyone know more on that? I hope they do, just because there's so much stuff in there that would be fun to see their take on, like the Great Saiyaman, SSJ bargain sale, fusions, Vegeta's death and just what they'd do with the various versions of Buu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If they do do the Buu saga, it'd probably end on episode 100 in the year 2024. We can look forward to TFS continuing on long past their ability to keep things funny and fresh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

tsob posted:

I expect they'll wrap it up at 60, with the 60th episode covering the entire Gohan versus Cell fight. Episode 10 was an extended episode that covered the majority of the Vegeta fight, episode 30 was an extended episode that covered all of Goku versus Frieza so making an extra long episode 60 of Gohan versus Cell with everything that implies seems a very neat number to wrap it on. And given the amount of content left it doesn't seem unreasonable to cover the rest in 8 episodes. They only put out 5 episodes in the past year though, including one at the end of December last year, so only 4 in this actual calendar year. So...maybe 2017?

Of course, whether they release all of the extended finale episode in one go or not is another thing, given that the Frieza fight was all released in one go by the looks of things, while the Vegeta one was released in 3 parts over a couple of weeks. I've seen some people saying they don't intend to do the Buu saga. Anyone know more on that? I hope they do, just because there's so much stuff in there that would be fun to see their take on, like the Great Saiyaman, SSJ bargain sale, fusions, Vegeta's death and just what they'd do with the various versions of Buu.

The most they've said that I know is that they haven't thought that far. Considering they make almost 10,000 Dollars a month abridging dragon ball I'm going to guess they'll continue to abridge Dragon Ball until they become a full fledged studio.

Mostly because in the Battle of Gods "Are we going to Abridge it" the response was mostly, "Adult Gohan, and Young Trunks and Goten, and we haven't even thought about that stuff yet."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wasn't even aware they make money from it. I would of thought they wouldn't be able to given the fact they're using someone else's product and all. Ad-revenue or something I assume?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Donations through Patreon

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Kaiser's answered this question multiple times at cons, they're open to doing the Buu saga but they aren't committing to anything because who knows what they're lives will be like 3+ years down the line.

tsob posted:

I wasn't even aware they make money from it. I would of thought they wouldn't be able to given the fact they're using someone else's product and all. Ad-revenue or something I assume?

Patreon, and TFS is in a legal gray area where they exist because they bring in tons of revenue so Funimation and Toei turn a blind eye to them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If they didn't do ANY of the movies and busted their rear end on releasing episodes, they might be able to finish the Cell saga in 2016, at least by the end of it...

But I worry it'd be rushed if they did. There's a lot of material ripe for the abridgin coming up, more than enough to get us to 60 as was mentioned above for the big finale. I don't think tearing through 9 episodes in a year would result in their best work, which is what is important. Plus we'd lose out on Movie Abridging, and the next one they have to do is either that stupid choose your own adventure one or WEN BROLY and I can't wait for either one of those.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really really want to see their take on Broly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They were suppose to be doing 1 episode a month since the beginning of this year IIRC. So yeah if they actually do the schedule they said it'll be done by end of 2016.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pureauthor posted:

you guys when Broly me too.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Man, next episode has so much great material for them to work with. Gohan finally going Super Saiyan, Vegeta getting clowned on, Trunks trying (and failing) to salvage things, and of course more Bug Alucard Perfect Cell.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I know everyone was talking about the SU song, I thought the P is for Priceless song at the end was a great "out-of-nowhere" joke/character establishment scene.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Covok posted:

I know everyone was talking about the SU song, I thought the P is for Priceless song at the end was a great "out-of-nowhere" joke/character establishment scene.

Is that what it's called? I thought it was the "Perfect" Song.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't know it's name. That sounds more accurate to what it was eventually called.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Covok posted:

"E is for eccentric, just listen to my song."

I half-expected it to be silent like the Imperfect transformation and this was so much better.

Perfect Cell is gonna be a lot of fun for the next 9 episodes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

the SU stands for Steven Universe or whatever which its from/parodying.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kild posted:

the SU stands for Steven Universe or whatever which its from/parodying.

Yeah, but that was the first song, "All I want to be..", while I'm talking about the second song, "Perfect."

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Kild posted:

They were suppose to be doing 1 episode a month since the beginning of this year IIRC. So yeah if they actually do the schedule they said it'll be done by end of 2016.
https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/682645237118988292

So yeah this got cemented as a New Years resolution. And we all know how well those are kept.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I really hope that utilitkilt is being worn ironically.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

I really hope that utilitkilt is being worn ironically.

The what?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kild posted:

The what?

That Kilt that kaiser is wearing in his Twitter background. It's called a Utilikilt. They are considered a silly internet thing, IIRC.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
DBM's new chapter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kild posted:

Unless the next few episodes are mostly Taka/Lani centric and Kaiser quit all life, I very much doubt that. His editing process has to be streamlined heavily to combine that with the downtime of waiting for lines.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What I'm wondering is what Toriyama's gonna do once the RoF arc is done. From what I've read it's almost closing up ya?

He is two chapters in to the Champa Arc; he's either gonna have to step up his output or the anime will need to take a break, that's way too close for Toei comfort

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the anime will begin a filler arc starring gohan, the one character not watching the tournament

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parrotine posted:

What I'm wondering is what Toriyama's gonna do once the RoF arc is done. From what I've read it's almost closing up ya?

He is two chapters in to the Champa Arc; he's either gonna have to step up his output or the anime will need to take a break, that's way too close for Toei comfort

The manga is just to promote the anime and the anime can go beyond it without any trouble.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Toriyama has nothing to do with the manga other than telling someone the overall arc of Super. The manga is drawn by someone called Toyotaro.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Dragon ball super manga has Goku calling Gohan a little poo poo for not coming to the tournament. Abusive/worst dad confirmed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

LolitaSama posted:

Dragon ball super manga has Goku calling Gohan a little poo poo for not coming to the tournament. Abusive/worst dad confirmed.

Did he really, or is it just that scan group that shoves as many swears into DBZ as possible?

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did he really, or is it just that scan group that shoves as many swears into DBZ as possible?

Most likely the latter.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Mangastream is kinda notorious for that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

tbf because of gohan majinn buu and frieza loving killed his loving house.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Didn't they translate a version of the panel in one of the promo mangas where Goku gave Frieza his energy and he had to fire back as something like "No! You stupid motherfucker!"?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

You'll see it this year, it takes place before the Cell games and they're doing these in chronological order

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Which also means we should be seeing that other bastard child movie this year too. I'm looking forward to it just because we get to have Slug, Turles and Cooler back.

I mean yeah Freeza too, but Freeza comes back more often than *INSERT DRAGON BALL JOKE HERE*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Mangastream is kinda notorious for that.

To their credit, we got this.

• Locked thread