Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Do they ever add stuff to the weekly bundles or is that just the main one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I wish they'd picked more things they hadn't done as live shows. I know the riffs are (somewhat) different, but I've seen almost all of the live ones.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What happens if you already own a given riff?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

RandomPauI posted:

If it's like the Doctor Who bundle they got going on right now, you just buy it again. I owned two of the stories but bought it anyway.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
As far as weird-rear end, not-American Christmas movies go, I Believe in Santa Claus was not that bad.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
People talk about I Believe in Santa Claus going nuts early on but a lot of the stuff at the start was stuff I saw other movies pull off without question. It wasn't quite run of the mill, but it isn't that unusual either.

Then Africa happens.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I finally got around to watching Rollergator.

I'm halfway through and kind of want to die.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

WhiteHowler posted:

I finally got around to watching Rollergator.

I'm halfway through and kind of want to die.

It took you that long? I was ready to blow my brains out around the 10 minute mark.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I only "watched" Rollergator once, and I had to break it up into three attempts.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Finished. Wow. Even Rifftrax couldn't make that very watchable.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here, have a pallet cleanser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

RandomPauI posted:

You can always give the key to someone else like I did with SMB on the last page. Hopefully someone claimed it.

On the topic of movies that were hard to finish for me it was The Room. The tremendous shame I felt for everyone on screen at all times was exhausting. I don't understand how people have fun watching that like it's the new Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ensign_Ricky posted:

It took you that long? I was ready to blow my brains out around the 10 minute mark.
Same.

I'm never watching that loving movie again. That was a miserable experience.

Necessary, I believe, but miserable.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

RandomPauI posted:

People talk about I Believe in Santa Claus going nuts early on but a lot of the stuff at the start was stuff I saw other movies pull off without question. It wasn't quite run of the mill, but it isn't that unusual either.

Then Africa happens.

It's a perfectly reasonable made-for-TV family movie right up to the whole "The parents are kidnapped by African Warlords" thing.

I guess the abusive janitor getting absolutely no payback is kind of odd, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wandering Knitter posted:

It's a perfectly reasonable made-for-TV family movie right up to the whole "The parents are kidnapped by African Warlords" thing.

And even that could have been saved! Teach him the meaning of Christmas by performing some contrived deed for him. Save the life of his mother, magic a peace treaty, the details don't matter so long as he gives up being a warlord and gives up the parents. Finally magic the parents to wherever.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
On the thread's advice, I cleaned the Rollergator palette with The Guy from Harlem today.

Much better. It's deliciously bad, rather than being painfully bad.

I'll also point out that this low-budget Blaxploitation film from 1977 had better production values than 1996's Rollergator.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

RandomPauI posted:

And even that could have been saved! Teach him the meaning of Christmas by performing some contrived deed for him. Save the life of his mother, magic a peace treaty, the details don't matter so long as he gives up being a warlord and gives up the parents. Finally magic the parents to wherever.
The ogre ate the puppy.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wandering Knitter posted:

I guess the abusive janitor getting absolutely no payback is kind of odd, too.

That was my favorite part. The janitor just machine guns spackle at this kid and laughs it off. The whole movie is just hilarious.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I just got the Rifftrax of The Wizard and man, that movie has way more messed up things done to, and by, kids than I remember. Product placement was just as prevalent as I remembered though.

It's a quality riff as always though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

suddenly I understand Mike's "Bruce Lee booger flick" riff

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So this is a thing available now I guess...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not sure what that iOS app has to do with anything, but the iOS Rifftrax app is out. I haven't tried it yet, and it only includes the Star Wars Riffs (of which I don't own the original movies for, I only have the pre-synced movies).

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FwyR0LWVg

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I have three leftover keys from the Bundle for riffs I already have, and I am sharing them here, first come, first serve.

Batman Takes Over, Episode 1: vZnRWz4Y
Measuring Man: a4SxARBt

and last, but far from least,

Super Mario Bros.: 4XTBh4vq

Enjoy!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Somehow I've never tried any of the Batman shorts, and even after wandering into the thread late and having to google search how the f to redeem a bundle code it was still available!

Today I've been dealing with some bad news about my dog, so I've just been sitting around watching stuff to keep me laughing(ish), thank you for the addition.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

flesh dance posted:

Somehow I've never tried any of the Batman shorts, and even after wandering into the thread late and having to google search how the f to redeem a bundle code it was still available!

Today I've been dealing with some bad news about my dog, so I've just been sitting around watching stuff to keep me laughing(ish), thank you for the addition.

Glad I could help!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I watched " Believe in Santa Claus" and my main takeaway is that European Santa is the most pathetically useless Santa of all .

American santa atleast tried his hand in planetary conquest by taking on the martians .

Mexican santa set up and run some sort of Orwellian sky surveillance state , and mange to beat a minion of Satan.

European santa cant do poo poo without his hot young fairy assistant .

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Tragedienne posted:

Super Mario Bros.: 4XTBh4vq

Thanks!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

admataY posted:

I watched " Believe in Santa Claus" and my main takeaway is that European Santa is the most pathetically useless Santa of all .

American santa atleast tried his hand in planetary conquest by taking on the martians .

Mexican santa set up and run some sort of Orwellian sky surveillance state , and mange to beat a minion of Satan.

European santa cant do poo poo without his hot young fairy assistant .

American Santa also got "trapped" on the beach and had the worst series of 'escape ideas' in the history of mankind.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

2DCAT posted:

American Santa also got "trapped" on the beach and had the worst series of 'escape ideas' in the history of mankind.

Mexican Santa got treed by a dog.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

He was also kidnapped by a little boy who had a magical Christmas tree but I think that Rifftrax is forgotten for a reason.

Edit: Has anyone here ever seen the Magical Christmas Tree riff?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 8, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

2DCAT posted:

To be fair, a lot of people lose their faculties after contact with the Ice Cream Bunny.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Everyone makes great counterpoints . Santa sucks on film is what I'm getting here .

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Vicissitude posted:

To be fair, a lot of people lose their faculties after contact with the Ice Cream Bunny.

This is true, but he crapped his pants prior to meeting the Ice Cream Bunny, so I question his pre-bunny faculties as well ;)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Man, Humble Bundles don't do repeats, do they? How'd I miss this one? :saddowns:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New short from Bridget and Mary Jo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RandomPauI posted:

He was also kidnapped by a little boy who had a magical Christmas tree but I think that Rifftrax is forgotten for a reason.

I have, and it's a doozy.

I still can't figure out what's supposed to be going on during the "Hour of Power" scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax Live: Sharknado is free with Amazon Prime. Also for some reason the MST3K Santa Claus. That's it though, nothing else free.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

RandomPauI posted:

You mean the one where nothing related to Christmas shows up for a long loving time? It used to be free on Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is Magical Christmas Tree worth picking up?

• Locked thread