Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my roomie is playing FO4, so i'll have to beat ebrietas in the new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah when I was doing the wharf the other night I would one shot the Viking guys with r1 most of the time but occasionally not kill them on a clean hit and wasn't sure what was going on

Zodar
May 21, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

yea, it was in dark souls as well. you can also hit enemies with the handle of a weapon instead of landing a proper hit and it does less damage too. try it out with the kirkhammer :P that was in dark souls too i think.

IIRC the kirkhammer was hosed up so the haft did more damage than the hammerhead, you had to be as close to the enemy as possible for max damage. They might have patched that with Old Hunters, I don't know. I'm glad this game is more generous with its sweetspots than DS2, where hitting with any other part of the weapon did pitiful damage; it made halberds, scythes etc. useless

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Ebrietas is really easy to kill with the Bowblade. You can shoot her in her head all the loving time for massive damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot that this game has a bow and arrow now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

my roomie is playing FO4, so i'll have to beat ebrietas in the new year

kILL your roomie

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

In Training posted:

I forgot that this game has a bow and arrow now

It's a nice weapon to have as back up when you're running with a Chikage.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i heard the bow mode completely wrecks the game because the ai can't handle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that would make sense since the base game had 0 threatening ranged options and everything was designed for close up encounters. I bet NG+ with a strong bow blade is a cake walk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

that would make sense since the base game had 0 threatening ranged options and everything was designed for close up encounters. I bet NG+ with a strong bow blade is a cake walk

well it's not like any of the other soul game had ai that could deal with range characters either :henget:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bloodtinge seems cool but also annoying because u have to depend on guns for damage til u get chikkage or w/e ? or i guess find a blood gem.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

II did a tinge char for a bit and rushed the cannon. Cannon + hella bloodtinge + ash can like one shot some bosses which was cool but I never finishe the run

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You just gotta get by with the Rifle Spear until you can get the Chikage.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

II did a tinge char for a bit and rushed the cannon. Cannon + hella bloodtinge + ash can like one shot some bosses which was cool but I never finishe the run

oh that makes sense

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish rakuyo wasn't so far into game because i want to use a cool katana without doing bloodtinge

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The bloodletter switch mode looks awesome, I'm always admiring the ghost swag. I'm going to try it some day but I think the other mode is str scaling which is kind of weird for a blood build

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wish rakuyo wasn't so far into game because i want to use a cool katana without doing bloodtinge

Same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the scythe would be cool if it wasn't exclusively NG+because I usually just start over when I beat teh game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is it possible to get a weird Burial Blade in a chalice that isn't super hard?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

from what i remember, there are glyphs out there for the end of the pthumeru cycle of dungeons. that's pretty far in, and if you're doing those you could beat the game, but it's possible.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

bloodtinge seems cool but also annoying because u have to depend on guns for damage til u get chikkage or w/e ? or i guess find a blood gem.

if u do 25 skill 50 tinge you can use skill weapons in the mean time. and all of the bloodtinge weapons scale with skill neway. except for the bloodletter in which case u could do 25 50 strength and tinge.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

you can probably getone in a first layer pre floor bonus room so you dont have to fight a boss for it. i dont have a glyph for you though. i dont know if its changed but it used to be like if you used the short ritual chalice you could get summoned into a depth 5 chalice even on a low lvl character, so you could get a burial blade straight after amelia if you want to go through all of that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

they patched that out. no more quick burial blades

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i ended up getting one more shot at ebrietas and wanted to try staying in close. my attempt is ugly as poo poo, but it worked. see-ya ebby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjz7_bohKU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

they patched that out. no more quick burial blades

qq. i wanted to try it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i ended up getting one more shot at ebrietas and wanted to try staying in close. my attempt is ugly as poo poo, but it worked. see-ya ebby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjz7_bohKU

goo job

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/xavier-woods-top-10-games-of-2015/1100-5341/

quote:

Worst Game of the Year: Bloodborne

First off we have the award for absolute worst game of the year. Technically, this is the worst game of all time. This game brings nothing but shame to those who play it and those who enjoy it should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this type of evil into their hearts. I have never played a more aggravating and pointless game in my life. I downloaded it in order to do the multiplayer with a friend, but this multiplayer mode isn’t available from the start (first problem of many). So after seven hours of sitting and chatting with my friend in a party while we both tried to beat the first stage, I finally gave up and sat defeated. I wanted my $60 back and I’ve never legit wanted my money back for a video game. Well at least not since that horrendous Superman game on N64.

someone throw this degenerate idiot off a very tall building

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

At least he never got far enough to discover that, had he been allowed to co-op with his friend, the boss kill would only count for one of them, not both.

Somehow the presence of limited co-op routinely tricks people into expecting that Souls games are like Diablo, where you can play from beginning to end with your pals. And when they discover that you can't the reaction is never "oh, I guess this is a predominantly single-player game with limited multiplayer features" but instead "this is bullshit I should be able to play with my friends however and whenever I want"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the point in getting angry about it here . send the guy a mean Twitter message or something if youre angry about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's a wrestling heel,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xavier Woods kicks rear end and so does Bloodborne

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

In Training posted:

He's a wrestling heel,

Damnit! Tricked again

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah he got me too

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

He's a wrestling heel,

Well he got me feeling the heat, I tell you hwhat.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

i, too, was got

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dos anybody wanna summon me on 3-1 in demons souls so I get my body back and some extra souls :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nevermind

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Thinking about buying scholar of the first sin Cuz I'm enjoying vloodborne , this might be too much for me tho with ds3 coming out soon. I want to use a shield and wear big metal armor

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Moonlight still loving poo poo up on NG+3. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Latria is still my favorite location in the entire series