Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Expire tonight (zombie xp codes)

http://i.imgur.com/Ol4B6uW.jpg

At least post if you use them

Stole the one on the right, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Longshot medals with a shotgun. Ughhh.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Javes posted:

I'm moving closer to using SMGs exclusively in this game. I'll pull out the M8 or XR-2 on Hunted or Havoc but for the vast majority of engagements subs are just better.

Same here. I have been using a rapid fire Kuda for the past few days to great effect and have no idea why it's working so well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(with stock and grip too)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'd recommend weening yourself off grip. Even on the Vesper winning mid-range gunfights without grip is manageable. I only like to use 2 attachments (quickdraw/stock) on SMGs in order to have an extra perk and a flashbang.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is that what's cool these days? Not using grip?

(Genuine question what about ARs?)

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Is that what's cool these days? Not using grip?

(Genuine question what about ARs?)

Most ARs don't need them but they're still alright on a few of them. I usually use it on the Man-O-War and the KN-44 but that's about it.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

rabidsquid posted:

Do you think it would actually be any good without scavenger, i saw that gameplay you posted and it seems like you would run out of ammo p fast otherwise

Scavenger is pretty much a required perk on the haymaker. If I was doing poorly and dying more it wouldnt be a problem. but its the same deal for me when i use vesper, 1 clip Magazine per opponent

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The Man-O-War has a really low firerate, why would you need grip on it?

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

The Man-O-War has a really low firerate, why would you need grip on it?

im lazy as gently caress and don't want to correct my aim at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The_Fuzzinator posted:

im lazy as gently caress and don't want to correct my aim at all.

:hfive: lazy cod crew :hfive:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Is anyone else going to be lame and stay home tonight? I figure most adults will be out partying so only the kiddies will be left playing cod.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is anyone else going to be lame and stay home tonight? I figure most adults will be out partying so only the kiddies will be left playing cod.

I'll be on until about midnight. I got work tomorrow at 8+plus I don't drink so what the gently caress am I gonna do?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fibby Boy posted:

plus I don't drink

My friend, you want to fix this.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
So after fuzzo's absurd performance, I tried the haymaker. I don't even have any attachments for it, and I was doing OK (for me).

E: My wife and kids will probably be in bed by 10 central or so, so I will probably be on. I may be drinking.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 1, 2016

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I may be online to play with some friends watching. So no microphone but much haymaker.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fibby Boy posted:

I'll be on until about midnight. I got work tomorrow at 8+plus I don't drink so what the gently caress am I gonna do?
Awesome. Getting on here in just a bit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have a newborn at home so I will not be going out, and I will be sporadically playing cod through the night also with no mic because the apple earbud mic apparently doesn't work

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Is Legendary camo higher weighted than Epic or how the gently caress is this idiosyncratic bullshit supposed to work?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lady Naga posted:

Is Legendary camo higher weighted than Epic or how the gently caress is this idiosyncratic bullshit supposed to work?

I think epic is higher because it has cool moving patterns.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'll be back on momentarily. Just grabbing something to eat.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
See it's loving weird because they use WoW terminology and WoW colours but they swapped Epic and Legendary for no reason.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Still wearing clothes.

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 2, 2016

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

SwampDonkey posted:

Still wearing clothes.

no longer interested.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

The_Fuzzinator posted:

no longer interested.

I said gentleman.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

SwampDonkey posted:

I said gentleman.

I imagine macys is always in the nude playing. The idea of a naked man screaming at his T.V. is far more hilarious than anything else

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to roll pubs. Psn: AhChaChaChaCha.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also I'm not sure if you console people have to deal with this but somehow stats on the PC are like, half-stored server side? So if you crash in the middle of the game or right after a round it's basically like that round never happened. I've had to finish some challenges 2-3 times because the game crashed.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Javes posted:

I'm moving closer to using SMGs exclusively in this game. I'll pull out the M8 or XR-2 on Hunted or Havoc but for the vast majority of engagements subs are just better.

I love me some smgs in every other cod but in this one I just don't like them at all. I think you have to be a competent jump aimer (mouse and keyboard player) to really make them useful. I just regret it every time I use anything other than the brm.

Spudsly fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 1, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You really don't. Just put a stock on them and strafe.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Lady Naga posted:

You really don't. Just put a stock on them and strafe.

Bingo

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I mean not really. You sacrifice being able to get kills at medium or long range, being able to handle multiple at once etc. I guess maybe it's just a different playstyle but I feel like I'd been very successful in the past with smgs. I know the general feeling is that they are strong in this one, I just can't get I to them I guess.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Okay but that doesn't mean that you have to be a competent jump aimer to use them well, which is what you said.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Okay but that doesn't mean that you have to be a competent jump aimer to use them well, which is what you said.

I think it helps a lot because you typically have to expose yourself a lot to get in a good range and if you are jumping off walls and moving erratically in three dimenaions, that helps a lot. The best players I see with smgs tend to be those types.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Poom you poo poo. :argh:

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Spudsly posted:

I think it helps a lot because you typically have to expose yourself a lot to get in a good range and if you are jumping off walls and moving erratically in three dimenaions, that helps a lot. The best players I see with smgs tend to be those types.

Jump shotting is pretty much the only way you're going to get in and get kills regularly with short range weapons

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Someone tell me how to use LMGs because aside from treating the Dingo like an oversized AR I can't think of a situation in which I'd rather have one than one of the other weapon classes.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

Someone tell me how to use LMGs because aside from treating the Dingo like an oversized AR I can't think of a situation in which I'd rather have one than one of the other weapon classes.

Walk slowly and plan for midrange encounters. Carry a pistol or pickup weapons for close range encounters.

Shoot in bursts to retain accuracy. Pause shooting to let the dust settle and to not be so loud. A lot of enemies expect you to reload after 25 shots, and will leave cover.

LMG shine against groups of people. Keep sights on high traffic areas from unexpected angles. Use equipment and abilities to funnel enemies into firing range.

I usually run without scopes. QuickDraw and stocks are solid attachments. FMJ is good if you enjoy blasting walls and killstreaks.

Be mindful of uavs. Lmg is most weak when they expect you.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

new year new stream and gently caress dave i guess https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
That was some fine seal clubbing tonight. One of the last games we played 3 out of 5 players on the other team had 0 kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Got 3 motherships in one game, it's so easy to get streaks in KC lol.

• Locked thread