Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

gohuskies posted:

Here's a child carrying a flamethrower. Caption is "John: 'Granddad's here, he said he's made sure we've got something to light the campfire with properly this time.'" Not sure what this has to do with executing scoobydoo scum though.

This new website is a treasure trove.

Pure wish fulfillment.

IRL he's a retired old duffer (who probably got kicked out of the local diving club). Imagine his grandchildren. If they are old enough to play AAA video games they aren't going to be impressed by granddad's crude poser models anymore. They probably don't respect his racist fascist political views either. In fact, these days they probably spend most of their time glued to their phones any time they are forced to spend time with the relatives.

In his alternate reality Granddad is a member of the prestigious and godlike SEA PATROL. Does that kid have a smartphone? No! He's enjoying being out in the sun doing wholesome activities with his whole family. And the coolest granddad ever is going to let him use a flamethrower to light campfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Angela Christine posted:

I think that might be the vigilante interim period before the glorious SEA PATROL became official. Remember one of the early stories was about some dockyard tough guys burning out a gypsy and tinker camp near the docks. Apparently the UK nearly fell to anarchy before taking the road to fascism.

Yeah but those vigilante dudes wouldn't have the plane backpacks, those are strictly SEA PATROL gear in universe. And besides, those dockyard tough guys would all be wearing boots still the way he fetishizes hobnailed boots.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

gently caress, clicked wrong button. nothing to see yet

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I felt bad about calling it "Shore Duty" with no shore, quick update(hah, this took forever to build because I broke poo poo):

https://e6c204d3a4f69aea154b1f71965715ee3c2271bf-www.googledrive.com/host/0B5_oWfqeZG8rVEExT0NXZ2NaSU0/Shore_Duty.html
(shift reload the page if you don't see the beach)

If you fall down, you might not be able to get up though. That's the evil danger of sand. I'll update and edit post if I figure out a fix(spent a ton of time trying to get this build for you guys). There's a failed gravity experiment, trying to get the recreational diver sucked up into the turret too.

No more of this tonight. Tomorrow I kind of want to play with the plane/helicopter dudes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gohuskies posted:

Here's a child carrying a flamethrower. Caption is "John: 'Granddad's here, he said he's made sure we've got something to light the campfire with properly this time.'" Not sure what this has to do with executing scoobydoo scum though.

This new website is a treasure trove.

the fire wood is probably a scoobydoo.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Someone please make a SEA PATROL facebook page or something and make this the cover because wow.

I was first linked to SA a decade ago because of some crazyweird fic thing. I am glad to see this thread. It even beats roller coasters having sex.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

SteveVizsla posted:

Someone please make a SEA PATROL facebook page or something and make this the cover because wow.

I was first linked to SA a decade ago because of some crazyweird fic thing. I am glad to see this thread. It even beats roller coasters having sex.

Added rivets, fixed sign text (sans serif), fixed oblique sign, uploaded full res

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I like that, for some reason, all of them have to fire their guns at one guy who isn't moving around at all instead of just killing one guy each and getting it over in one round.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

you can download all his 3d models, featuring favorites like man in diving suit, man in skintight suit, and APS Russian underwater rifle http://www.buckrogers.demon.co.uk/3d/3d.htm

give me ideas for the reboot of SEA PATROL please I'm going to do it with these

Putty fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 1, 2016

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I'm confused does he like the fascism or does he hate it?

Y'know how some film directors are all "Militarism is BAD, but military tech is really fuckin' cool, check this poo poo out!", yeah?

Same but with murderin' scoobydoos.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Murderin' scoobydoos.

Hell yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Glad to know that these brave divers have access to 4 different flamethrowers.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
SEA PATROL: SHORE DUTY....another successful goon project!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Putty posted:

Get a bunch on tricycles chasing Captain America with bugout eyes

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Is it sexual? Is there something wrong with having an strange fixation on boots and men with flamethrowers destroying those without them? And then describing it all it detail again and again? And it's all in the ocean?

No, says SEA PATROL. And then stabs you with a spear and sets you on fire and feeds your remains to a huge mechanical duck.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I.C. posted:

Is it sexual? Is there something wrong with having an strange fixation on boots and men with flamethrowers destroying those without them? And then describing it all it detail again and again? And it's all in the ocean?

No, says SEA PATROL. And then stabs you with a spear and sets you on fire and feeds your remains to a huge mechanical duck.

drat that's hot

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Putty posted:

Turn-based asymmetric strategy game pitting SEA PATROL against Scoobydoos. The Scoobs have sheer force of numbers on their side, and get points for simply enjoying recreational diving (surviving a turn), getting illegal seafood, and salvaging from wrecks (which may actually give them guns!). SEA PATROL on the other hand, has its hobnailed seaboots, boiler suits, and guns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Pure wish fulfillment.

IRL he's a retired old duffer (who probably got kicked out of the local diving club). Imagine his grandchildren. If they are old enough to play AAA video games they aren't going to be impressed by granddad's crude poser models anymore. They probably don't respect his racist fascist political views either. In fact, these days they probably spend most of their time glued to their phones any time they are forced to spend time with the relatives.

In his alternate reality Granddad is a member of the prestigious and godlike SEA PATROL. Does that kid have a smartphone? No! He's enjoying being out in the sun doing wholesome activities with his whole family. And the coolest granddad ever is going to let him use a flamethrower to light campfire.

wait, enjoying something? that sounds like recreation, and grandpa obviously aint cool with it.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

Is it sexual?

I'm pretty sure it is. It probably started as a revenge fantasy, when Applebottom got kicked out of that club. But then he started to enjoy it.

Now he feels shame, because he wants to be normal, but it's the only thing that can give him sexual release, so I suspect he has very ambivalent feelings towards SEA PATROL.

If you can't diagnose psychiatric disorders on the Internet, where can you? :hellyeah:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 1, 2016

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i appreciate and salute your service, sea patrol

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010

More is revealed :

Anthony Appleyard posted at 3:19PM Fri, 18 June 2010

"We've lurked about here a week already in these long-trip versions of our usual spacesuits: here they are at last, in a fancy lit-up spaceship, think we can't reach them - now they'll find we can - Z & K Asteroid Mining Company don't tolerate these unauthorized "independents" - wait, wait, till they're all well out in the open - FIRE!"

"Now forward and clean up inside!"

The device attached to them behind their hips is a sewage collector (WIP) :: the less "sign" they leave, the better, when they must be undetected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPACE PATROL with turd collecting space suits

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Plumps posted:

More is revealed :

Anthony Appleyard posted at 3:19PM Fri, 18 June 2010

"We've lurked about here a week already in these long-trip versions of our usual spacesuits: here they are at last, in a fancy lit-up spaceship, think we can't reach them - now they'll find we can - Z & K Asteroid Mining Company don't tolerate these unauthorized "independents" - wait, wait, till they're all well out in the open - FIRE!"

"Now forward and clean up inside!"

The device attached to them behind their hips is a sewage collector (WIP) :: the less "sign" they leave, the better, when they must be undetected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPACE PATROL with turd collecting space suits

holy gently caress, SPACE PATROL are just a bunch of sellswords for a massive mining company. they are sent to kill any small time competitors.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Space is for serious and authorised matters, and only for use by manly salt-of-the-asteroids types. Recreational space yachts will no longer be tolerated

(Recommended soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwY28rpyKDE)

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What janky-rear end 3d program is he using to make all these delightful images? It kinda looks the same one that goons used to make Captain America.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

spud posted:

What janky-rear end 3d program is he using to make all these delightful images? It kinda looks the same one that goons used to make Captain America.

yep, it's the same, Poser

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

A true work of art.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

We're through the looking glass here, people.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Anthony Appleyard posted:

Peter: "Look what I got for my birthday! All parts working, remote control, and it's cleaned up those leaves that someone trod in with him."

Janet: "Have you seen my Suzie doll anywhere? I left her here in the pool in her scuba gear to have a swim."

Edmund (arriving): "Maneuvers suspended, back to base. It's our teatime and the swimming pool's closing.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sorry Janet, Suzie showed a bit too much interest in recreational diving, you can find what's left of her traitorous doll corpse in the tiny toy ACTION FIGURE destructor set over there.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hackbunny posted:

yep, it's the same, Poser

Aha! Yes that rings a bell.....now can someone make some Captain America-esque gifs using it, but with Sea Patrol characters/a goose/those 2 kids?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spud posted:

Aha! Yes that rings a bell.....now can someone make some Captain America-esque gifs using it, but with Sea Patrol characters/a goose/those 2 kids?

last time i cared enough to check Poser had a pretty good free trial and it's designed to be super easy to use so people like this guy or Wendy "Viral Vacuum" Vanity can make their insane masterpieces.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Finally, something we can use to get redditors on board.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Iron Pill's from 4chan you dumbass.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
SEA PATROL does not have time for frivolous drugs of any sort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

In this world the weak are always victims of the strong
It's been a long time since I have been crying with laughter at such outlandish nonsense.

Obsurveyor posted:

I felt bad about calling it "Shore Duty" with no shore, quick update(hah, this took forever to build because I broke poo poo):

https://e6c204d3a4f69aea154b1f71965715ee3c2271bf-www.googledrive.com/host/0B5_oWfqeZG8rVEExT0NXZ2NaSU0/Shore_Duty.html
(shift reload the page if you don't see the beach)

If you fall down, you might not be able to get up though. That's the evil danger of sand. I'll update and edit post if I figure out a fix(spent a ton of time trying to get this build for you guys). There's a failed gravity experiment, trying to get the recreational diver sucked up into the turret too.

No more of this tonight. Tomorrow I kind of want to play with the plane/helicopter dudes.

Simply magic, thank you for that.

I can only imagine Appleyard was rejected from doing national service back in the 50/60s and as a perverse consequence developed a fetish for hobnail boots ('Ammo' boots usually made of compressed carboardlike shite that melts in rain and typically only exist as multiple layers of polish anyway) and pick helves hefted by the poor bastards sent out on stag, and somewhere along the way developed a pathological hatred of recreational diving, someone probably laughed at him for putting on a wrong coloured cylinder is my guess.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

SEA PATROL does not have time for frivolous drugs of any sort

Yeah! It's called "recreational" drug use for a reason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lol.

• Locked thread