Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Arpeggio missions have been announced, though this is for EU so far.
http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/arpeggio-steel/

Looks to be similar to the Emden missions in that they are 3 step missions. Thought they only work when you're in the Yokosuka port. Nice rewards to be had, even if you don't want the anime boats.

We'll see if us on NA get the same rewards or not, given the poo poo rewards we got for the Christmas missions compared to some of the other servers. Still, free Kongo and Myoko that come with their own port slot, so can't complain too much regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hammerstein posted:

Another testament to the silliness of putting a BC at tier 9.

:flame: 68722

That is an amazing shot.. But how often does it actually happen tho?
I mean, I'm still not near those tiers (Tier 7 for most of my ships) and I think i've been one shotted only once in a BB since I stared playing in Beta.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Dalael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvqogFUGJSQ

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Awesome shot!

I guess I'm just terrible at this game because that never happens to me. I know where the citadels are, I just can't hit them. Especially not 3 citadels in one shot.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I just blew a North Carolina to hell with a quad citadel from my Tirpitz last game (Which is admittedly the first time it's happened to me :v: )

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Dalael posted:

I guess I'm just terrible at this game because that never happens to me. I know where the citadels are, I just can't hit them. Especially not 3 citadels in one shot.

luck has a lot to do with it. you can only hope that the rng will smile upon yee and deliver thine shells unto the enemy's citadel

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

luck has a lot to do with it. you can only hope that the rng will smile upon yee and deliver thine shells unto the enemy's citadel

That and dropping salvoes around the citadel.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

xthetenth posted:

That and dropping salvoes around the citadel.

Pretty much this. I tend to shoot just a bit short of the citadel, or hit the decks. When it comes to citadel hits, I have the accuracy of an Imperial Stormtrooper.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

Pretty much this. I tend to shoot just a bit short of the citadel, or hit the decks. When it comes to citadel hits, I have the accuracy of an Imperial Stormtrooper.

I'll have some games that suck and then I'll have games where everything just clicks (an appropriate distance ahead of the citadel). It's all about prediction.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

:gizz:

Next item up for me: trying to figure out how to make the colors not so horribly washed out. Its probably because I'm using a 1 bit mask and I think the game expects a greyscale one.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I don't see where this can be wrong.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Tried a game in the Storozhevoi for auld lang syne. The other team totally ignored their own cap zone.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"i almost dead"
"ill gaurd carrier"

said the DD.

And then two cruisers and a destroyer clustered up and ate every torp from an enemy DD, dying all at once in our cap.

"u suc CV how many kils you got -0"

They said to the fighter-fit CV that shot down every plane from the enemy strike-fit carrier, as the game was lost.

I mean, they're not wrong. But they're not right, either...

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

PerrineClostermann posted:

"i almost dead"
"ill gaurd carrier"

said the DD.

And then two cruisers and a destroyer clustered up and ate every torp from an enemy DD, dying all at once in our cap.

"u suc CV how many kils you got -0"

They said to the fighter-fit CV that shot down every plane from the enemy strike-fit carrier, as the game was lost.

I mean, they're not wrong. But they're not right, either...

hi welcome to the world of warships please enjoy you are stay

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's been a while since I've played carrier, do they still have 100% fighter loadouts?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's been a while since I've played carrier, do they still have 100% fighter loadouts?

no

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

hi welcome to the world of warships please enjoy you are stay

Make it stooop

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Beautiful. Poetry in motion.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
And the Arpeggio missions have hit the US.
http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/arpeggio-blue-steel-debut/

Some pretty hardcore second steps to unlock both ships, 150 plane kills and 300 fires set.

Also, a repeatable mission with a VERY nice reward...

quote:

Destruction at Sea

Destroy 100 enemy ships over any number of PvP battles.

• Must use a ship tier IV or higher
• Repeatable
Reward

• 1,000,000 Credits

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
So are the chinese cartoon ships just identical re-skins of tech tree ships? What about the commander they come with, just untrained or?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Perfect time for me to enjoy my gimmick FOG name. Unfortunately this means I have to play more.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Dalael posted:

I mean, I'm still not near those tiers (Tier 7 for most of my ships) and I think i've been one shotted only once in a BB since I stared playing in Beta.

Well it's easier at certain tiers and against certain ships. This was from a Yamato against the notoriously weak Izumo and I see such hits a lot against Izumos, cause of their bad armor and the massive magazines in the forward section.

The Murmansk at tier V is another contender and can do a ton of damage against other cruisers when using AP and aiming for the mid along the waterline. But of course there is also a certain luck factor to it.

MizaEvil
Nov 21, 2014
Has anyone learned how to group there shots from ranges of 10-12km? I keep getting too much spread and want to minimize it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Kuntz posted:

So are the chinese cartoon ships just identical re-skins of tech tree ships? What about the commander they come with, just untrained or?

Equally important they say you can turn off the work-safe hentai stuff by deactivating the children's cartoon port, does that mean they just revert to a normal non-shameful premium version of the ship if you run a decent harbor?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
anime belongs in the trash but unfortunately you have to enable Port Senpai in order to do the missions and the credit rewards

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.
Goddamn it both the Gearing and the Montana are so awful when compared to their IJN counterparts, What is this poo poo

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Oppressor posted:

Goddamn it both the Gearing and the Montana are so awful when compared to their IJN counterparts, What is this poo poo

RUSSIAN WEEABOO BIAS

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Hammerstein posted:

Another testament to the silliness of putting a BC at tier 9.

:flame: 68722

Beatty Jutland.gif

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

anime belongs in the trash but unfortunately you have to enable Port Senpai in order to do the missions and the credit rewards

I don't have the port activated and I'm getting credit for the missions.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I just had the most amazing thing happen while in my murmansk. Me an enemy murmansk traded shots through out, but after dancing away for a bit to deal with some dds that wanted to play in too tight a quarters with me, we got back to the matter at hand. The fight ended with the guy putting his ship in full reverse keeping his nose at me as much as possible while I was charging full steam towards him. It was really the oddest thing to watch.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I guess I'll just have to dull the pain by getting a neon atrocity Kongo and consistently drilling things in the citadel. Seriously I have no idea what's going on with that ship and me but I don't want it to stop.

Also one-shotting Pensacolas cannot get old.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can you even get these neon ships at all? I don't get how this works. I see the anime port and all but what triggers the ships to be cartoon nonsense?

EDIT: NVM missions, not happening.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Can you even get these neon ships at all? I don't get how this works. I see the anime port and all but what triggers the ships to be cartoon nonsense?

EDIT: NVM missions, not happening.

You know you want to grind out missions to get a special snowflake ship. You get a free port slot out of it :q:

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

RUSSIAN WEEABOO BIAS
Weeb missions confirm it.

"GEARING BEST KNIFEFIGHTING DD"
got hit by 2 shells from a Shimakaze and lost 2 turrets, This poo poo happens consistently too

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You know you want to grind out missions to get a special snowflake ship. You get a free port slot out of it :q:

I failed already at "kill 30 enemy cruisers"..

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I don't see why anyone playing a couple games a week couldn't finish this challenge by March...

The biggest thing is, will they allow you to train your IJN crews on the ships.. or not. I think the answer to that is no.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Oh yeah, got my Fubuki back just in time before the discount ran out. Celebrated it by brutaly dismantling a Blys in my first action. With my guns. Poor pubbie. First salvo blew his engines, he hit repair and then my second salvo blew out his engines again. And his rudder and a gun turret and set him on fire. Poor guy landed a single shell hit on me before dying in a gunfight against a japanese tincan. :haw:

xthetenth posted:

I guess I'll just have to dull the pain by getting a neon atrocity Kongo and consistently drilling things in the citadel. Seriously I have no idea what's going on with that ship and me but I don't want it to stop.

What's going on is that you're playing the Kongo. It's probably the most fun ship in the game and if anyone can't do well in it, he should probably stop playing battleships permanently.

jownzy posted:

I don't see why anyone playing a couple games a week couldn't finish this challenge by March...

The biggest thing is, will they allow you to train your IJN crews on the ships.. or not. I think the answer to that is no.

Afaik the anime botes come with a fixed commander that you can't remove from the ship.

Magni fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 1, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What's with the anime bote thing, and do I really want to know? Is there something worse than the spaceship event they had?

Magni posted:

What's going on is that you're playing the Kongo. It's probably the most fun ship in the game and if anyone can't do well in it, he should probably stop playing battleships permanently.
:smith:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Balls, I thought the premium account discount lasted until the 4th of January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The anime missions are hella easy and you have two months to do them.

Unfortunately, you can't train your IJN captains on them or sell them once you get them so the rewards are kinda useless.