Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

For some reason I am farming Luke. The reason is that I like tenacity and he can stun annoying poo poo for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Good loving lord.. Hit a team of all Resistance dudes (Poe, Finn, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot) plus Old Daka and they absolutely obliterated me. Their crit rating is absolutely bullshit. I was using my A-team and every single one of their dudes who attacked one-shot one of my party members before I could even take a turn. Absolute bullshit and it needs to get fixed ASAP, because that's just insanity.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I'm tryin' damnit!

But my darkside teams needs a phasma, because gently caress IOS rewards.

edit:

Uh, is it weird that I have no bundle options available? Will the ones that expire ever be replaced?

You don't need a Phasma. Is Phasma nice? Yes. However under no circumstances does Phasma come before Luminara, unless of course you'd like to slow down your overall progress in the game. Phasma is second unless you have some other weird goal, but Lumi is too strong in too many facets of the game to come second to Phasma.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Any word on how often new characters are released? I'm curious when Jedi Luke, Yoda, and Scoundrel Han will be coming out.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Canemacar posted:

Any word on how often new characters are released? I'm curious when Jedi Luke, Yoda, and Scoundrel Han will be coming out.

Just today the devs posted that in January they are going to raise the cap to 70 and give us additional levels, maps, etc. I would expect some additional characters next month as well.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So this is a good poop game and I'm DisasterMedic 171-875-643 and I just added a bunch of you.

I got to rank 2000 in arena before everything started stomping me and now I just guess I'm supposed to rank up my dudes since I've hit a major wall everywhere?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

For some reason I am farming Luke. The reason is that I like tenacity and he can stun annoying poo poo for me.

I just starrerd my Chewie and Talia, so I'mm be getting luke soon as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

You don't need a Phasma. Is Phasma nice? Yes. However under no circumstances does Phasma come before Luminara, unless of course you'd like to slow down your overall progress in the game. Phasma is second unless you have some other weird goal, but Lumi is too strong in too many facets of the game to come second to Phasma.

No, I just -want- a phasma, so I'll probably divert ~4 days of GW I need to finish her off.

Then I'll max Luminara, which will still take weeks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

So this is a good poop game and I'm DisasterMedic 171-875-643 and I just added a bunch of you.

I got to rank 2000 in arena before everything started stomping me and now I just guess I'm supposed to rank up my dudes since I've hit a major wall everywhere?

Use dark/light missions to farm gear-ups to rank IV, at least, on the toons you use regularly.
Use Cantina battles to rank-up your Chewie and may be your Talia
Use your Arena marks to buy Palpatine
Use your GW marks to buy Luminara

If you can, buy 1 cantina battle refill/day and 2 50 crystal regular refills/day.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Usually IAP poo poo is what gets me to stop playing F2Ps, but with this it might just be the insanely tuned drop RNG. I'd rather everything cost more but at least id see a lil number go up somewhere rather than oh you need 5 of these, 30 fights later you have 2. I'm alright with huge grinds, but I'm starting to hate how much luck you need too. Think I'm outtie.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Yeah, the drop rates are pretty atrocious, but at least they are atrocious for everyone pretty equally.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Luke is pretty cool, I just hit 40 and have gotten through 2 Galactic Wars pretty easily thanks to Luke's leadership buff and Poe's tenacity passive making him insanely tanky (Poe heals 5% health whenever he resists a status effect), and Luke hits quite hard.

Also pulled a 4-Star Poggle from the Bronziums :toot:

144-562-812 friend me up friends.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

OxMan posted:

Usually IAP poo poo is what gets me to stop playing F2Ps, but with this it might just be the insanely tuned drop RNG. I'd rather everything cost more but at least id see a lil number go up somewhere rather than oh you need 5 of these, 30 fights later you have 2. I'm alright with huge grinds, but I'm starting to hate how much luck you need too. Think I'm outtie.

Here's my take on it:

Yes, farming gear past lvl 6 is a long boring process. They definitely need to add more Challenges to address this, and a simple color tweak to the 6 hour Shipments would do a lot, since you can buy Purple gear there but unless you know every gear name by heart you might miss them (I just buy them all anyway). That said, everyone deals with it. Only people who P2W will have an edge since they can afford an unlimited Crystal pool to keep refreshing energy. But how does this affect YOU? They will dominate top of Arena, okay fine. Top 20 will be out of reach. How important is that to you? Arena thankfully is only one part of the game. For me I'm more than happy placing 50-100 in Arena, grinding gear when I can, and enjoying the other parts of the game like GW, Challenges, and progressing the core game. So when I see I need 20 purples for one component of a craft for 1 gear of 6 on Sid, I'm okay not sweating it and leaving that slot open. Maybe I'll eventually get the gear through Challenges/Shipments missions, maybe I'll stall out long enough that drop% will get tweaked, etc. I'm not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game over something like that. But YMMV

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I also just completed GW today for the first time. I think it's not a coincidence that I unlocked Lumi yesterday.
I just promoted Talia to 4.
After Arena rewards at 6PM, I will have enough to unlock Sid. Pretty excited about that. From reading everyone else's, I'm apparently in a super easy Arena group, although I did just start about 10 days ago. I'm level 46, between 10 and 11k power, and have been just on the edge of rank 50.

Right now I'm prioritizing Chewie in Cantina (and hardmode), Daka in Cantina shipments, Sid in arena shipments, and Lumi in GW shipments. My understanding is that I should continue this until those guys are 7*?
Also, I'm currently around level 4 hard, do I want to try to push up to 5 hard dark side to start farming Barriss? I've been trying to balance hard mode shards and leveling gear to 5, advancing in dark side takes away from that, but Barriss has been pretty badass anytime i've borrowed her.

Do droprates for shards and ability materials in cantina improve as you advance? I saw that the cost goes up to 10 at 3.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Also, I'm currently around level 4 hard, do I want to try to push up to 5 hard dark side to start farming Barriss? I've been trying to balance hard mode shards and leveling gear to 5, advancing in dark side takes away from that, but Barriss has been pretty badass anytime i've borrowed her.

I lucked into my Barriss via Bronzium and can't imagine taking her out of my team any time soon, (mine might be one you're borrowing, wrathravenrulz in-game) but I don't know how realistic it is to try and farm her via hard mode. She requires 50 shards to unlock correct? At 3 tries a day, you'll be very lucky to have her unlocked by March. I'm in a bad scenario with her as well because I'd like to 5* her but right now it's just not feasible at the current Hard drop rate

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'm level 28 and trying to figure out how to prioritize all the different currencies and timers in this is giving me a headache. Should I be using my energy to advance down the quest track, or farm up gear? Whose shards due to try to farm, and do I use tickets for that or for something else? What the heck should I do with my crystals?

The only think I'm good at is buying Bronzium packs!

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm level 28 and trying to figure out how to prioritize all the different currencies and timers in this is giving me a headache. Should I be using my energy to advance down the quest track, or farm up gear? Whose shards due to try to farm, and do I use tickets for that or for something else? What the heck should I do with my crystals?

The only think I'm good at is buying Bronzium packs!

I ran down the scenarios until I was no longer 3*ing them on auto. Then farmed gear for my light and dark side teams and repeated.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Tried out that jedi leader that grant counterattack chance to all jedi. Up against grenade troops, aoe trigger all my jedi and they team up to gonk the poo poo out of the trooper :vince:
Yeah, this is hilarious. I don't have him yet, but he was the boss of a hard stage and was surrounded by Jedi. I hit them with a Palpatine AOE attack and THE ENTIRE TEAM rushed in and hit him simultaneously. Good thing Palps is practically untouchable to Jedi :cool:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hoooooooly gently caress I've got a sick team for you guys that are in your late 50's and may have some characters to play around with.

Phasma L
Dooku
Luminara
Daka
Sidious

You have god damned never ending attacks, multiple ways to stun, ability block, healing debuff, and two heals. The only thing you don't have is heal through healing block, like Barris. This loving team attacks all day, and just throws out tons of disruptive poo poo when doing it. Double attacks with Dooku and Daka, just stunning everyone. I should have 6* Daka in a few days, which will be even better because she won't be so paper thin. The only negative to this team is Dooku, who is so hard to star up. I should have 5* Dooku in about a week. The problem is, he's not really very replaceable in this team. Fives is similar, but I'm not quite sure fills the niche. I might play around with subbing out Sidious later on for FOTP. If he can just instantly kill someone off the bat, who needs healing debuffs.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 2, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
My current team for pretty much anything not story mission related has been Barris/JC/Luminara/Dooku/Chewie, and it's been working pretty well. I've kept JC on for the extra heal to keep Luminara from dying since she's still kinda fragile where I've got her (3*s, 2/4/4 for her powers, so not quite where they need to be for her to shine). I think once I've gotten her 4th star, I should be reasonably close to Sid and he'll likely replace JC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I do Anakin, Vader, Luminara, Dooku and Qui-Gon.

I'm not sure about Vader though, his damage feels low. Might go back to Lando, he hits surprisingly hard.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Just got Princess Leia and goodness does she tear through people. Does anyone know if Potency affects her double / triple attack chance?

Could use some allies on here, code is: 574-624-554

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Just got Princess Leia and goodness does she tear through people. Does anyone know if Potency affects her double / triple attack chance?

Could use some allies on here, code is: 574-624-554

Leia is a goddamn murder machine.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

Leia is a goddamn murder machine.

Is that even at two stars? I got her in a bronze and ignored her since I wasn't going to spend hundreds starring her up.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Oh for fucks sake. The game is acting like I just installed it. It's not letting me skip the tutorial to sign in. Is there a way around this or do I just have to do all this poo poo before I can sign in?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

Hoooooooly gently caress I've got a sick team for you guys that are in your late 50's and may have some characters to play around with.

Phasma L
Dooku
Luminara
Daka
Sidious

You have god damned never ending attacks, multiple ways to stun, ability block, healing debuff, and two heals. The only thing you don't have is heal through healing block, like Barris. This loving team attacks all day, and just throws out tons of disruptive poo poo when doing it. Double attacks with Dooku and Daka, just stunning everyone. I should have 6* Daka in a few days, which will be even better because she won't be so paper thin. The only negative to this team is Dooku, who is so hard to star up. I should have 5* Dooku in about a week. The problem is, he's not really very replaceable in this team. Fives is similar, but I'm not quite sure fills the niche. I might play around with subbing out Sidious later on for FOTP. If he can just instantly kill someone off the bat, who needs healing debuffs.

Yeah Phasma works wonders with anyone who does something special with their Basic attack. My Resistance Fighter goes into a crazy turn loop when he Exposes, he gains meter, an ally finishes off the Exposed enemy, ally goes next triggering bonus Fighter attack who Exposes the next guy, gains meter, gets a turn again.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Sharzak posted:

Oh for fucks sake. The game is acting like I just installed it. It's not letting me skip the tutorial to sign in. Is there a way around this or do I just have to do all this poo poo before I can sign in?

Happened to me, yeah, you have to rush the tutorial and the ~3 battles.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Phasma L
Dooku
Luminara
Daka
Sidious

This team would have a problem against teams with taunt tanks. Just not enough damage I think. I really want a phasma but she's not really a good fit for my team. I hope they put her shards somewhere else.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Luminara ability blocking the taunt usually gives you time to gently caress someone over, and then purposefully deal some damage to the tank with Phasma hopefully sending some bonus attacks with Sidious will cause Chewie to use his heal rather than his taunt, nullified by Sidious landing heal immunity.

But yes I can't see giving up my resistance trooper + Phasma death machine for that just yet.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Metos posted:

Luminara ability blocking the taunt usually gives you time to gently caress someone over, and then purposefully deal some damage to the tank with Phasma hopefully sending some bonus attacks with Sidious will cause Chewie to use his heal rather than his taunt, nullified by Sidious landing heal immunity.

But yes I can't see giving up my resistance trooper + Phasma death machine for that just yet.

Poe and Han are both faster than Lumi though, so you couldn't stop the taunts, and you have to hope that THEIR Lumi doesn't ability block yours. Phasma/Dooku/Daka are three of the lowest damage dealing characters in the game so once the taunt goes up, it might be game over.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Ally Code: 726-598-727

Still not real sure what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, but having some fun regardless!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Ally code: 184-685-291

I recently started playing, and I'm level 20 at the moment. It seems that it'll take days/weeks to get some new characters, so I figure it's good to start earlier rather than later doing it. Which data cards should I be buying for Arena points, and which ones should I be farming hard mode battles for? Any specific advice here, or just try to upgrade those I have?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Is there some way to see future skill upgrades? It is frustrating only seeing the next level, I would really like more information to plan out upgrades.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

SWGoH Cantina.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Unless I am mistaken that site does tell you what the skills do at level 7 but not what the individual levels grant you

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Unless I am mistaken that site does tell you what the skills do at level 7 but not what the individual levels grant you

You have to click on the hero's name to go to the character's page, for example http://www.swgohcantina.com/clone-wars-chewbacca/

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Hello thread. My Ally code is:
555-233-889
Level 60 team, usually with a 6* Sid lead, then 6* Consular, 6* lumi, 5* Jawa and a 4* Daka. I've been #44 in Arena for a day or two now, so I might not be loving it all up too badly?

Random thoughts:
gently caress pre-50 Dooku. I passed on the chance to buy him, and regretted it immensely before I started getting enough shards to be able to handle his damage. In the mid-levels, he just shits damage left and right, and his 100% counter+bonus attack means that you have to be tanky enough to take a beating while still doing enough damage to put him down before his healers get a chance at him.

That being said, Sid is loving amazing. Everyone should spend all arena points on getting him to 7*, f2p/p2w regardless. He was disgusting before the 35% jedi evasion, and now he's just a monster. Heal debuff+focusfire is just so good. Enemy healers will burn multiple cooldowns trying to heal someone that can't be healed, while overhealing the rest of the team. Throw in another character that gets bonuses to status-afflicted enemies like Jawa or Resistance Trooper, and you've got a potent offensive mix.

The AI's hidden passive 'luck' buff is a pain in the dick when going against evasion or extra hit (Phasma) teams. It's a little better in GW since you can (for now) save scum via force close. I remember facing a First Order pilot/Dooku/Sid/Daka/Phasma team in GW, and I couldn't even touch them without getting curbstomped. Best case scenario, I'd kill the FO Pilot, only to have the Daka rez go into effect. Now that Sid can take a beating, though, it's meant that I can just focus their dps (Dooku included) without having to worry about my squishies getting killed.

But yeah, Sid + Consular+ Lumi + 2 dps/cc is a great combo. Daka is alright, but farming shards in cantina isn't as fast as the other 2, so she's kind of underpowered until you've topped out levels, unless you'd been farming her via missions from the start.

For people just starting out, I would recommend using Jedi Consular, Chewie, Talia, Jawa, and either Resistance Trooper or Geonosian soldier, with an eye toward replacing everyone but Consular ASAP. Shards are (imo) more important than gear in the long term, but you need to balance getting gear to actually able to progress. All Jedi/Sith/Droid teams are gimmicky, and shouldn't be sought unless you're playing for funsies.

Rewards from Galactic War are disproportionately awesome compared to the other game types, especially if you can reliably complete the entire thing every day. Use retreat to save progress and force close to load. As long as the random assignment isn't a p2w team 6+ levels above you, you should have a decent shot at winning without any losses, at least once you get Sid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sjonkel posted:

Ally code: 184-685-291

I recently started playing, and I'm level 20 at the moment. It seems that it'll take days/weeks to get some new characters, so I figure it's good to start earlier rather than later doing it. Which data cards should I be buying for Arena points, and which ones should I be farming hard mode battles for? Any specific advice here, or just try to upgrade those I have?

For Arena marks, Palpatine all day, every day until he's 7-star.

Don't farm shards in hard-mode battles, use that energy to farm gear instead.
Once you unlock cantina battles, use that energy to farm shards for Chewie, and use the cantina shipment marks to buy Old Daka shards.
Once you unlock Galactic War, use those marks to buy Luminara Undili until she's a 7-star.

Also, spend gems on 1 Cantina(100)/Battle(50) each day, to smooth along your gearing and getting Old Daka.

edit:

Is this not somewhere in the OP? Maybe it should be.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 3, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Once you unlock Galactic War, use those marks to buy Luminara Undili until she's a 7-star.

While I'm sure that is the correct thing to do, I'm tempted to get Resistance Pilot to 4* before resuming my Lumi grind. I just unlocked and leveled Sid, and the two of them work really well together. I've got Pilot critting for 1800-2k at 2 stars, level 46, so I can only imagine what his damage will look like at 4*.

Right now for PvP (and GW) I'm generally going 4* Sid, 5* Chewie, 3* JC, 4* Lumi, and 2* Pilot. I can get Pilot to 4* for the same amount as getting Lumi to 5*.

The rest of my team is: 4* Talia, 3* Phasma, 2* Ewok Elder, 2* Resistance Trooper, 1* Genosian, 3* Jawa, 2* Snowrooper, 1* Royal Guard, and some 1-2* level 20-30 dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am completely out of SIM cards. How did I even manage that... oh, farming character cards and gear.

• Locked thread