Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Can anyone tell me where Glowing Cinicula's that drop Coconut Oil are I am literally going crazy oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Can you buy those with reward tickets?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sorry but getting Zero and Mikhail as party members would only have improved Xenoblade Chronicles X. :colbert:

There's not a lot that wouldn't be improved.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Rexoskell kicked my butt so I just went around looking at treasure-based hexagons and filling out what I could. Not the most productive day. I could go and beat Chapter 12, but the more time I spend not doing that the better, probably.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alxprit posted:

Rexoskell kicked my butt so I just went around looking at treasure-based hexagons and filling out what I could. Not the most productive day. I could go and beat Chapter 12, but the more time I spend not doing that the better, probably.

Just do what I did and Scout a trio of Level 60's to beat it up for you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sorry but getting Zero and Mikhail as party members would only have improved Xenoblade Chronicles X. :colbert:

The only game Zero and Mikhail as party members wouldn't improve is Drakengard 3, and that's because they're already party members in Drakengard 3.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wait, you're telling me Celica uses a regular skell and doesn't use Rock as a mecha surrogate? Dang, wasted opportunity

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is there a way to make the text bigger that i'm somehow missing? I'm playing on a 50" tv and man is it hard to read sometimes. It's the only game I ever had this problem with.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i didnt event know there is multiplayer in this game! is it good? do we just use a friend squad thing or what?

instantly in love with this game. just rode the elevator up for the first time, looked up and saw a crazy sky dragon thing chilling at the top of a spiky mountain. how cool. i am going to kill him someday in a gundam.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sankis posted:

Is there a way to make the text bigger that i'm somehow missing? I'm playing on a 50" tv and man is it hard to read sometimes. It's the only game I ever had this problem with.

NOPE. Get used to the tiny UI font, you don't have a choice.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sankis posted:

I had to mess with my furniture in order to tolerate the small font. Good luck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sankis posted:

You can always hope for a patch

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

ChaosArgate posted:

NOPE. Get used to the tiny UI font, you don't have a choice.

What a shame. It basically makes gamepad play impossible.

Oh well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Patching something like that isn't as easy as it sounds. It'd take a while even if they started right from release date, because they'd need to go through every permutation of every line of text to make sure nothing breaks. That said, it really does need patching.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Pharsis is a dillweed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Turns out there's a treasure cave in Noctilum too. check out the ledge to the east of FN 218.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Never happening. Pipe dream.

It would require total re-write of the UI.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Patching something like that isn't as easy as it sounds. It'd take a while even if they started right from release date, because they'd need to go through every permutation of every line of text to make sure nothing breaks. That said, it really does need patching.

There are a few lines that broke on the translation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are there any well known problems with cutscenes that involve your Skell? I had two instances where my WiiU says it can't read the disc. First time was getting your first Skell (got around this by skipping it) and it just happened again when it was loading up the cutscene for the flight pack affinity quest so I can't skip it.

I've searched and found nothing, but I just want to be sure before I write off the disc as defective.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are there any well known problems with cutscenes that involve your Skell? I had two instances where my WiiU says it can't read the disc. First time was getting your first Skell (got around this by skipping it) and it just happened again when it was loading up the cutscene for the flight pack affinity quest so I can't skip it.

I've searched and found nothing, but I just want to be sure before I write off the disc as defective.

Your disc is defective. The Lao fight was a real chump. Second time in I blindsided it by smashing it hard enough to Bind, and kept chaining Binds while smashing its face in with the G-Buster. So much for draining my fuel :smuggo:.

Also Lin, when your friend has turned into a nightmare flesh horror with a colossal eye in one shoulder and fingers growing out the other, you don't stand in the way of people trying to kill them.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
What the gently caress did that goofy bird just honk at me

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Depths posted:

What the gently caress did that goofy bird just honk at me

Welcome to honktown, motherfucker.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Since we aren't likely to get a story continuation, I just want a life on Mira retrospective that goes into detail on, among other environmental issues, how the majestic honkbird has been over hunted for its belly jewels.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

How does the online work?

READ THIS [link]

^^ Link is dead could someone relink this?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Sam Faust posted:

Welcome to honktown, motherfucker.

R

Vier posted:

How does the online work?

READ THIS [link]

^^ Link is dead could someone relink this?

It's like single player but you get stuff based on how well other people do things too.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

R

It's like single player but you get stuff based on how well other people do things too.

So there is no "live" multiplayer? me and another player running around the field together?.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

zedprime posted:

Since we aren't likely to get a story continuation, I just want a life on Mira retrospective that goes into detail on, among other environmental issues, how the majestic honkbird has been over hunted for its belly jewels.

I hope you're wrong about the story continuation thing, especially given the ending on more or less a cliffhanger. I would not mind a sequel that is more individual story focused now that they've set up a world.

On a side note, is there some trick to Murderess' little rich girl affinity mission that I'm not getting? Because for a level 39 requirement it throws you straight into camps of level 50ish enemies (the 49 tyrant puge with 2 buddies in front of one of the necessary consoles is a nice gently caress you), and even using skells it's still dicey unless I carefully kill just one thing at a time, which party members often gently caress up. At least they don't seem to eat up insurance. There's no chance in hell of being able to do it out of skells as far as I can see.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Noctilum has the one you need, and you can get to it rather simply by flying down and picking them off. I lucked out and the enemies I killed stayed dead.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Vier posted:

So there is no "live" multiplayer? me and another player running around the field together?.

There are squad missions that you can do directly with friends.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a way to cheese the cave chimera in Noctilum that drops the ether sword?

I've been trying to skell cheese but they won't fit in the little area, and I can't kite him out.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

chumbler posted:

I hope you're wrong about the story continuation thing, especially given the ending on more or less a cliffhanger. I would not mind a sequel that is more individual story focused now that they've set up a world.

On a side note, is there some trick to Murderess' little rich girl affinity mission that I'm not getting? Because for a level 39 requirement it throws you straight into camps of level 50ish enemies (the 49 tyrant puge with 2 buddies in front of one of the necessary consoles is a nice gently caress you), and even using skells it's still dicey unless I carefully kill just one thing at a time, which party members often gently caress up. At least they don't seem to eat up insurance. There's no chance in hell of being able to do it out of skells as far as I can see.
The director has said he is ready for something completely different, kind of implying XCX was already too similar to XC for his tastes. Besides the final stinger is kind of par for the Xeno- course of "and they lived philosophically strangely ever after." What could more game do to further the story? Do they cope? Do they not? They are questions that would be answered in science labs and public policy meetings, not during grand adventure.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
If you've got that bar of arts and skills already, you can just grab a lovely ether sword and some random gear with arts: tp up on it and solo that guy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sam Faust posted:

There are squad missions that you can do directly with friends.
does anyone actually play them?
im gonna go through and add people from the list in the op so if you get a friend request from super_aggro_crag its me

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Depends on the squad, sometimes I'll be the only one doing any of the tasks, other times, like a few nights ago, the squad of goons were getting tasks done in like 15 minutes. And then all the missions afterwords in about 10-15 minutes.

When you start a squad mission you have the option to recruit people online or just use your npc party members. I usually wait like 1 or 2 in-game hours for people before I start.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

For a while after release there was consistently a bunch of goons in one squad, but for a while now every time I start the game up everyone in my friends list is in a different squad.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Suaimhneas posted:

For a while after release
it hasnt even been out for a month!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Finally got my Skell! At this point I'm going to be grabbing my third for my main party that does stuff not plot related, but I'm getting worried for what I'm going to do once its time to advance again. I don't have any of my plot allies leveled to 30, so I'm kind of wondering how to level them quickly when the time comes.

Also, on Skells; do I just go for all heavy all the time, or do I just go with whatever?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ashsaber posted:

Finally got my Skell! At this point I'm going to be grabbing my third for my main party that does stuff not plot related, but I'm getting worried for what I'm going to do once its time to advance again. I don't have any of my plot allies leveled to 30, so I'm kind of wondering how to level them quickly when the time comes.

Also, on Skells; do I just go for all heavy all the time, or do I just go with whatever?

They come really fast just fight enemies at higher levels than them, they'll get experience even if they die.

As for Skells I go heavy because they have a lot of HP and fuel which is useful for spamming Phoenix Wing and tanking the now aggroed enemies.

Edit: To actually answer your question go with Heavy all the time the only downside seems to be slower vehicle mode which I haven't noticed and refueling them is a pain in the rear end.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 1, 2016

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ashsaber posted:

Make some melee and ranged accuracy augments for your skell, plus some insectoid slayer augments, then go up to the third tier of talon rock and kill level 40-50 bugs. Your party members will level up like crazy. Even better if you make some exp up augments for them too.

If you get an Amdusias and open fights with its energy scythe move from behind you'll carve a huge chunk of HP off them even with the level difference.

Edit: the bugs are recommended for this because insectoid slayer augs take really common mats that you probably have a bunch of already

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

whats the recommended overpowered build in this game?

I like running around exploring more than fighting so i'd like to kill things as fast as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Question: how do you get affinity with hope? I want to do a quest and need two hearts and I've been questing with her for like five hours doing quests and she hasn't nudged above one heart.

Other question: any way up to the northern part of noctilum without flight module?

• Locked thread