Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

kelvron posted:

He got the Merkel hands. I was disappointed there was no technical anywhere, but I guess there's not a 'world leader' that it would make sense for.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Woody Guthrie's new year resolutions

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
happy new year I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eWUZww7nlQ

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

https://civisanalytics.com/blog/data-science/2015/12/31/republican-primary-in-one-gif/ posted:

This map shows a week by week look at which Republican primary candidate has a plurality – more support than any other candidate – for that week, in every Congressional district across the country, over the past five months.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

I bet you bought that beret at a store, internet cat thing.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Celebrate death.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Better than living in fear of the inevitable.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Guavanaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxg7kNC82oo

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Guavanaut posted:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

that would be different. There's one common theme that runs between all of these people that's different from Tamir Rice. Something that kept the police from just instantly shooting them and instead trying to calm them down and take them alive. Weird.

I wonder what it could be, hrmmm.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Guavanaut posted:

I guess New Year's Eve was rougher than I thought. This is all I hear trying to parse that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbDt9hCGWs

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

LeJackal posted:

I wonder what it could be, hrmmm.

I forget, is LeJackal alright on racial issues or does the Gun angle overrule that?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

A vote for Trump is a vote for videogames!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

I forget, is LeJackal alright on racial issues or does the Gun angle overrule that?

Guns and gun control are red herrings used to distract from the real issues of systemic institutionalized racism. Minorities receiving extrajudicial executions by agents of the state (while white majority members are taken in custody alive) is just one of the more visible and directly violent means that this longstanding racism manifests.

Edit: Thank you for asking, by the way. :glomp:

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 1, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

LeJackal posted:

Guns and gun control are red herrings used to distract from the real issues of systemic institutionalized racism.

No, racism is a subset of the actual problem of social classes being divided and abused by the extant power structures in America. A symptom of human psychological issues, not a cause.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is really a right only for white people. No way black men can walk around carrying rifles without having the cops called on them non-stop.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
There's actually been a notable increase in black Sovereign Citizen/Freemen groups over the past 3-4 years from what I've heard. They call themselves "Moorish Nationals" as I recall, and it's basically just the same anti-government kookery but from a black nationalist angle.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Rand alPaul posted:

This is really a right only for white people. No way black men can walk around carrying rifles without having the cops called on them non-stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Can't even make this up

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

lancemantis posted:

Can't even make this up

that's not a quilt :mad:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

that's not a quilt :mad:

It's patched together from pure raging racism and hate, a reflective material to prevent them from ever properly coping with grief

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
You can tell who a company thinks their consumer base is by their ads.

Apparently Robocup (a cup holder that you can clamp to things) is targeting the MinuteMen.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Armyman25 posted:

You can tell who a company thinks their consumer base is by their ads.

Apparently Robocup (a cup holder that you can clamp to things) is targeting the MinuteMen.

Judging from the eye/ear protection, the range bag, and pistols I'd say that's just a picture of someone spending the day at a range. Also, that photo is from a series on different sporting activities (of which pistol shooting is one).

This image is one of many. I had no idea there was an actual ad campaign for lone wolf terrorism. But there is.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Judging from the eye/ear protection, the range bag, and pistols I'd say that's just a picture of someone spending the day at a range. Also, that photo is from a series on different sporting activities (of which pistol shooting is one).

I should never underestimate the autism of SA posters.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbGdMKpHDDE
Over 100 people took up weapons and are occupying a wildlife refuge thing in Oregon

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Real.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The easiest way to enact gun control is to have the blacks carry:

As soon as the happened, the NRA was begging for regulations on open carry in LA.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

BgRdMchne posted:

As soon as the happened, the NRA was begging for regulations on open carry in LA.

Hell, if a carrying group of Muslims shows up at a statehouse you'll have Republicans trying to outflank Obama from his left that evening.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

BgRdMchne posted:

don't ask your black friends to do this. they will die.
Like I really don't get how the Black Panthers could have pulled this off and only get judicial responses rather than cops gunning them down. Heck (in cases where the police didn't set their houses on fire 'preemptively') the few black radicals gunned down by police back in the 70s were arguably justified. Cops are literally more trigger happy today :psyduck:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

don't ask your black friends to do this. they will die.
Like I really don't get how the Black Panthers could have pulled this off and only get judicial responses rather than cops gunning them down. Heck (in cases where the police didn't set their houses on fire 'preemptively') the few black radicals gunned down by police back in the 70s were arguably justified. Cops are literally more trigger happy today :psyduck:

Huey Newton knew more about the law than the cops, and very publicly demonstrated it. He was a showman, and basically scared the police so much they couldn't do anything at the time.

quote:

In February of 1967, Oakland police officers stopped a car carrying Newton, Seale, and several other Panthers with rifles and handguns. When one officer asked to see one of the guns, Newton refused. “I don’t have to give you anything but my identification, name, and address,” he insisted. This, too, he had learned in law school.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?” an officer responded.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?,” Newton replied indignantly. He told the officer that he and his friends had a legal right to have their firearms.

Newton got out of the car, still holding his rifle.

“What are you going to do with that gun?” asked one of the stunned policemen.

“What are you going to do with your gun?,” Newton replied.

By this time, the scene had drawn a crowd of onlookers. An officer told the bystanders to move on, but Newton shouted at them to stay. California law, he yelled, gave civilians a right to observe a police officer making an arrest, so long as they didn’t interfere. Newton played it up for the crowd. In a loud voice, he told the police officers, “If you try to shoot at me or if you try to take this gun, I’m going to shoot back at you, swine.” Although normally a black man with Newton’s attitude would quickly find himself handcuffed in the back of a police car, enough people had gathered on the street to discourage the officers from doing anything rash. Because they hadn’t committed any crime, the Panthers were allowed to go on their way.

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 3, 2016

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Huey Newton knew more about the law than the cops, and very publicly demonstrated it. He was a showman, and basically scared the police so much they couldn't do anything at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usweUmAlvok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Heck (in cases where the police didn't set their houses on fire 'preemptively') the few black radicals gunned down by police back in the 70s were arguably justified.

Fred Hampton would beg to differ, being straight up murdered by Chicago police.

quote:

The raid was organized by the office of Cook County State's Attorney Edward Hanrahan, using officers attached to his office. Hanrahan had recently been the subject of a large amount of public criticism by Hampton, who had made speeches about how Hanrahan's talk about a "war on gangs" was really rhetoric used to enable him to carry out a "war on black youth".

At 4:00 a.m., the heavily armed police team arrived at the site, divided into two teams, eight for the front of the building and six for the rear. At 4:45 a.m., they stormed into the apartment.

Mark Clark, sitting in the front room of the apartment with a shotgun in his lap, was on security duty. He was shot in the heart and died instantly. His gun fired a single round which was later determined to be caused by a reflexive death convulsion after the raiding team shot him; this was the only shot the Panthers fired.

Automatic gunfire then converged at the head of the south bedroom where Hampton slept, unable to awaken as a result of the barbiturates the FBI infiltrator had slipped into his drink. He was lying on a mattress in the bedroom with his fiancée, who was eight-and-a-half months pregnant with their child. Two officers found him wounded in the shoulder, and fellow Black Panther Harold Bell reported that he heard the following exchange:

"That's Fred Hampton."
"Is he dead?... Bring him out."
"He's barely alive.
"He'll make it."
Two shots were heard, which were later discovered were fired point blank in Hampton's head. According to Johnson, one officer then said:

"He's good and dead now."
Hampton's body was dragged into the doorway of the bedroom and left in a pool of blood. The officers then directed their gunfire towards the remaining Panthers, who had been sleeping in the north bedroom (Satchel, Anderson, and Brewer). Verlina Brewer, Ronald "Doc" Satchel, Blair Anderson, and Brenda Harris were seriously wounded, then beaten and dragged into the street, where they were arrested on charges of aggravated assault and the attempted murder of the officers. They were each held on US$100,000 bail.

• Locked thread