Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Do people seriously think its weird to drink milk with dinner? What the gently caress? What the for real actual gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

amityville anus posted:

I butt chug my Gatorade and there's nothing you can do about it

Well in my house we only butt chugged Chai tea, and never during meals, and furthermore :words:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Davinci posted:

Do people seriously think its weird to drink milk with dinner? What the gently caress? What the for real actual gently caress?

No, but it's also not weird not to.

I would say if anything, it's weird to drink the same thing with dinner every night (except water, I suppose). Or if not weird, just boring. I can't imagine having milk with, say bouillabaisse. Or sushi. I suppose if you only ever ate meatloaf and stew and Mac and cheese for dinner, it would be fine.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Electrical Fire posted:

Well in my house we only butt chugged Chai tea, and never during meals, and furthermore :words:

'Chai' means tea in Indian, so really you just have to say chai (doesn't need a capital letter).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Milk is the weak baby drink of western imperialist pig dogs. True third world proletariat is lactose intolerant.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXOGS9cilKM
the drink nothing with meal guy is the true freak

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiggum posted:

I can't tell if you're being serious or ironic. Either way you're wrong. Restaurants don't provide you with a free drink because they want you to buy drinks.

You're wrong.

Bonster posted:

Restaurants provide you with free water all the time.

You're right.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WHAT HATH I WROUGHT

:negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rydiafan posted:

You're wrong.

You're right.

With the strong bones all this milk has given me I can easily slide these goalposts back.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

syscall girl posted:

She was also the voice of the computer and returned as Lwaxana (idk) for some terrible DS9 episodes.

It kinda made me wonder if she had something on paramount or desilu or her dead husband.

Like Mrs. Olsen from Little House just rocketed in to Space Journey and started sucking.

I really wish I never found out she was the computer because I can't unhear it any more. It's been years and I've rewatched TNG, DS9 and Voyager. It's inescapable.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thread title not withstanding, the pet in pet peeve could be an abbreviation of petty.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol. "its wierd to drink liquid with your meals"

Ayyyy, lmao. What the hell is with you pyf people?!

KillHour posted:

Or if not weird, just boring.

You are talking about whats boring?!

mostlygray posted:

When I was a kid, we only had milk or ice water. Now, my wife and I just have water with dinner. My kids always have milk. I don't know if the calcium helps, but I know my great aunt never drank milk as a kid and she was very weak at the end of her life compared to my grandfather who was as strong as a bull until he hit about 91. He drank whole milk every day until he died.

She still lived into her mid 90's though so I don't know that it matters. My other grandfather only drank wine, Jaegermeister, and ginger ale. He made it to 81 before bone cancer took him. He could have lived another decade if not for that. He was hale until about a week before he died.

Thanks for the story about how your great second aunt was ride or die.

Tiggum posted:

or in summer, punch.

I can't tell if you're being serious or ironic. Either way you're wrong. Restaurants don't provide you with a free drink because they want you to buy drinks.
Yea for real, I cant beleive someone would drink something as thinck as milk in the summer.

For content, I realized that "its all good, man" shortens to "s'all good man" to

Saul

GOODMAN

:eyepop:

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 10:17 on Jan 1, 2016

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

You are talking about whats boring?!

Do I have a reputation for being particularly boring? :confused:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Milk with dinner is a white people thing, always baffled me when I would see it on tv or movies

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

For content, I realized that "its all good, man" shortens to "s'all good man" to

Saul

GOODMAN

:eyepop:

Isn't this explicitly mentioned in Better Call Saul? I definitely didn't pick up on it before that though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Davinci posted:

It's one of those weird goon things. For some reason this forum has a bunch of normal average stuff that a lot of users think is really odd. It's the same as when someone will tell a story about a "weird" family that doesn't wear shoes indoors, or thinking that everyone is circumcised.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlphaKretin posted:

Thread title not withstanding, the pet in pet peeve could be an abbreviation of petty.

But it isn't.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's one of those weird goon things. For some reason this forum has a bunch of normal average stuff that a lot of users think is really odd. It's the same as when someone will tell a story about a "weird" family that doesn't wear shoes indoors, or thinking that everyone is circumcised.
It blows some goons' minds too when they realize not everyone is from the USA, or even from their general neighborhood. I am German and have never drank milk with a meal, not even at any friends' house. We do however go through liters and liters of carbonated water, often mixed with fruit juice. Said water comes in plastic or glass bottles which cost a little extra, and you get that money again if you bring the bottles back to the store for recycling/refilling. The fruit juice is in Tetra paks, as is all of the milk I've ever seen.

Not a single person I know doesn't drink anything with their meal. I usually take a sip after every bite because I like drinking (water) and hate being even a little thirsty.

Now wasn't this interesting to all of you who were dumb enough to read all of this inane poo poo.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simply Simon posted:

It blows some goons' minds too when they realize not everyone is from the USA, or even from their general neighborhood. I am German and have never drank milk with a meal, not even at any friends' house. We do however go through liters and liters of carbonated water, often mixed with fruit juice. Said water comes in plastic or glass bottles which cost a little extra, and you get that money again if you bring the bottles back to the store for recycling/refilling. The fruit juice is in Tetra paks, as is all of the milk I've ever seen.

Not a single person I know doesn't drink anything with their meal. I usually take a sip after every bite because I like drinking (water) and hate being even a little thirsty.

Now wasn't this interesting to all of you who were dumb enough to read all of this inane poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBtHXC-JOX8

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just realized the plastic surgeon is called "Imagined As Edges" in Saints Row 4. I've played this game through like 4 times and got tons of plastic surgery and never noticed that it wasn't "Image As Designed" like it was in the other games.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Dr_Amazing posted:

Lmao if you don't have Enrique milk the cow directly into your crystal chalice just before Enrique Jr. lifts it to your lips.

Thin Privilege posted:

I just realized the plastic surgeon is called "Imagined As Edges" in Saints Row 4. I've played this game through like 4 times and got tons of plastic surgery and never noticed that it wasn't "Image As Designed" like it was in the other games.

"Imagined As Edges" is also an anagram of "Image As Designed" (and a reference to everyone being imaginary polygon-based shapes :thejoke:).

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Besesoth posted:

Lmao if you don't have Enrique milk the cow directly into your crystal chalice just before Enrique Jr. lifts it to your lips.

"Imagined As Edges" is also an anagram of "Image As Designed" (and a reference to everyone being imaginary polygon-based shapes :thejoke:).

LOL if you don't drink Enrique's tears for substinence.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Non Serviam posted:

LOL if you don't drink Enrique's tears for substinence.

Not with meals, you savage.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Besesoth posted:

Not with meals, you savage.

Ugh, get a load of this weirdo who eats his meals without Enrique's tears.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Despite living in the same area for my entire life, I somehow only just noticed that all the numbered streets go north/south, and the lettered streets go east/west. Now I understand why the names of same roads change after they go around a 90 degree bend, previously it had made no sense to me. I'm sure I had been told this amazingly obvious fact at some point in my life, it just never clicked until now. In my defense I have a terrible sense of direction.

Sucrose has a new favorite as of 09:33 on Jan 4, 2016

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

speshl guy posted:

There's an episode of Always Sunny where Frank and his brother are telling a story of their youth wherein they are competing for the affections of a beautiful singer. When they first say her name it's so absurdly elegant to the ears that I didn't realize that it was in fact an incredibly crass name for a black woman.

Sha-Dynasty

is actually

Shady Nasty

:doh:

I just figured out I'm not in the Star Trek thread in TVIV.

Tiggum posted:

But it isn't.

It kind of is, maybe (okay, not really but a tenuous connection is better than most of these). "Pet peeve" is a combination of "pet" meaning "especially cherished" with "peeve." That meaning of "pet" comes from "pet" meaning "tamed animal."

The origin of "pet" meaning "tamed animal" is unknown, but it was originally a term used only in Scotland and Northern England and was "probably associated with or influenced by petty" according to Etymology Online.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I got this a few days ago, but I guess it's topical now. Aladdin Sane -> A lad insane.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Amoeba102 posted:

I got this a few days ago, but I guess it's topical now. Aladdin Sane -> A lad insane.

Well, that's a new one for me.
I always pronounced it more like "Zane" anyway so uh... I'm not the dumb one!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

We all also sadly figured out that David Bowie was not an actual starman.
He did blow our minds though.
:unsmith:

Up until yesterday I secretly believed that David Bowie was eternal and that he would continue to pop up every decade or so with a new look and an album of songs for us to enjoy.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Not My Leg posted:

I just figured out I'm not in the Star Trek thread in TVIV.

It kind of is, maybe (okay, not really but a tenuous connection is better than most of these). "Pet peeve" is a combination of "pet" meaning "especially cherished" with "peeve." That meaning of "pet" comes from "pet" meaning "tamed animal."

The origin of "pet" meaning "tamed animal" is unknown, but it was originally a term used only in Scotland and Northern England and was "probably associated with or influenced by petty" according to Etymology Online.

And in French, petard, meaning explosion, was probably associated with pet, meaning fart.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Helith posted:

Up until yesterday I secretly believed that David Bowie was eternal and that he would continue to pop up every decade or so with a new look and an album of songs for us to enjoy.

Take hope: John Lennon's last song was released 15 years after his death...

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I just realized when Person A says "see you around" the the other Person B says "not if I see you first!", the joke is that if B will avoid A and make sure he's not seen to avoid encountering them again.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
After hearing it about 60 times in the last 12 months, I just realized, 20 minutes ago, that Wu Tang's C.R.E.A.M is an acronym of "Cash Rules Everything Around Me"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Farmland Park posted:

After hearing it about 60 times in the last 12 months, I just realized, 20 minutes ago, that Wu Tang's C.R.E.A.M is an acronym of "Cash Rules Everything Around Me"

Hahahaha this is my favorite in the whole thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Farmland Park posted:

Michael Jackson's PYT is an acronym for Pretty Young Thing.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Farmland Park posted:

Let me tell you about Britney Spears' "If You Seek Amy", buddy.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
The outkast song B.O.B. stands for Bombs Over Baghdad

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Adam Sandler voices Dracula in Hotel Transylvania.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I'm no expert on the prequels, so I might be really wrong on this, but the wheel apparently doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe. Every vehicle either hovers or walks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

For gently caress's sake, Star Wars.