Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I've been searching for a smilie that depicts what I'm feeling right now, and the best I found was :holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know how much more of this my heart can take.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
"I'm not saying I'm not gay, just that I'm not gay... for you."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't know what I'm feeling right now

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

someone translated the koukou debut sequel oneshot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://reader.shoujosense.com/series/enren_debut_special_comeback/

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't know what I'm feeling right now

same, I am loving baffled here

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are there any romance manga where the male character(s) are like the protagonists in shounen romance manga and the female character(s) are like the protagonists in shoujo manga? Because there's usually some degree of variety among the appearance and personality of protagonists of both genres (though less so for shounen), but the love interests almost always fit one of several molds and, in the case of shoujo, all look almost the exact same (I'm having a tough time thinking of a single shoujo where the primary love interest doesn't have the same haircut).

I would also be curious about the complete opposite, where the boys are all shoujo manga love interests and the girls are all like something out of a harem manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Are there any romance manga where the male character(s) are like the protagonists in shounen romance manga and the female character(s) are like the protagonists in shoujo manga? Because there's usually some degree of variety among the appearance and personality of protagonists of both genres (though less so for shounen), but the love interests almost always fit one of several molds and, in the case of shoujo, all look almost the exact same (I'm having a tough time thinking of a single shoujo where the primary love interest doesn't have the same haircut).

I would also be curious about the complete opposite, where the boys are all shoujo manga love interests and the girls are all like something out of a harem manga.

That sounds like a good premise for a comedy manga, but probably not. I'm not sure how one would manage to kludge together such incompatible settings, since shounen harem protagonists are human garbage.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I could totally go for a manga about an awesome girl hero from a shounen manga and a sweet romantic boy from a shoujo manga, though.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Cephas posted:

I could totally go for a manga about an awesome girl hero from a shounen manga and a sweet romantic boy from a shoujo manga, though.

Mizutama Honey Boy definitely has the awesome girl shounen hero part down at least. But yeah, that sounds like a really sweet premise where all the characters can be cute together :shobon:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cephas posted:

I'm starting to think that we have read entirely different shounen and shoujo manga. Shoujo male love interest usually means rear end in a top hat, and shounen female love interest usually means cardboard cutout.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, you should read better manga.

My Love Story is basically shounen action hero + shoujo romantic lead

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you should read better manga.

My Love Story is basically shounen action hero + shoujo romantic lead

No, he is absolutely a side character put in the role of romantic lead. It just so happens that side characters tend to own.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the main guy in otomen isn't an rear end in a top hat. i don't recall the junjou drop guy being mean either. the full dozer guy was a prick at the beginning but i warmed up to him a lot. its kinda hard to remember which of the many shoujo heroes i've read were great guys tho

but yeah shonen romcoms suck rear end

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, there are a lot of shoujo male romantic leads who aren't 8 foot tall walking stick borderline rapists. The cliche just comes up so very much in trashy shoujo manga that I've read that I see it as the standard, I guess.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
read Takane to Hana for a great shoujo heroine and an rear end in a top hat love interest done well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

What, were you not aware that someone is buying people rear end avatars?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

looking at this makes me feel nauseous. an unnatural rear end.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

What, were you not aware that someone is buying people rear end avatars?

Oh I know, I just thought it was funny that your post came out of a talking butt.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Oh I know, I just thought it was funny that your post came out of a talking butt.

Funny and accurate, yes.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki maybe? It's listed as Seinen and has a bit too much cheesecake, but I like it. Neither of the mains are aggravatingly passive which is where I find fault with a lot of romance manga.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Motto posted:

looking at this makes me feel nauseous. an unnatural rear end.

the most uncanny valley

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That discussion just makes me think Tomo-chan is the best romance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Schubalts posted:

That discussion just makes me think Tomo-chan is the best romance.

True, having them both be idiots is fun.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
...the best one is one that isn't going anywhere and everyone involved is a dense idiot?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

...the best one is one that isn't going anywhere and everyone involved is a dense idiot?

Yeah but we get a whole page a day

A whole page

Every day

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shonen will never be the best romcom

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

shonen will never be the best romcom

Well yeah, it's always Josei or comedic seinen that's the best.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yandere-Kanojo

you're welcome. :thumbsup:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
emanga.com has a 33% off coupon that's good til January 4 if you need some digital shoujo or BL manga (well and they have other stuff too but nearly the whole top purchase list is yaoi lol)

e: and in my experience you get a better quality version if you get it directly from them instead of the kindle editions on Amazon; I've returned two books because they were terrible quality and too small to read (kindle) but looked great from emanga.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 2, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Idk, this was good at the beginning, but it got kinda weird later on with the family drama and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Compendium posted:

Idk, this was good at the beginning, but it got kinda weird later on with the family drama and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Honestly, that's probably why there's that entire other half of the comic that goes "drama? gently caress that."

I'm fine with the family drama though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yandere kanojo is good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got bored with Yandere Kanojo. The chapters being all mixed up really didn't help either.

For people who don't read the chat thread or stalk batoto updates, new Tonari no Robot

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yandere Kanojo is only great once you get to the family drama, I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm happy I don't have a romcom family, I would not be able to deal with the drama.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

New ReLIFE chapter, and I was not expecting that development at all. :stare:

Everything Burrito posted:

I got bored with Yandere Kanojo. The chapters being all mixed up really didn't help either.
Yeah... they went on a date and now in a later chapter she's all stressed about going on their first date? This is a bit confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the chapters are not mixed up on the website i linked.