Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

littleorv posted:

I watched Hateful Eight and hot drat was it ever good. Some of the most tense scenes I have ever seen in a movie. Also amazing performances from Samuel L. Jackson and Walton Goggins.

How tense compared to the opening scene of Inglorious Basterds? It's my favorite Tarantino and I think I'm seeing this movie tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also, The first pic is Tuesday, January 9th, second is Wenesday, January 10th, and third is Friday, January 12th.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dangerous Person posted:

All of the anime I like is stuff everybody here has already seen

Suggestion: make your own opinions and choice the anime you like

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

How tense compared to the opening scene of Inglorious Basterds? It's my favorite Tarantino and I think I'm seeing this movie tomorrow.
its that scene, but stretched out into a 3 hour movie

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

I got killed pretty quick when I got into actual combat, but it was death to the most adorable enemies ever

Also, this is some hosed up Isometric Perspective.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Suggestion: make your own opinions and choice the anime you like

I do, I just never get to show people because they already know about the shows, my friend Dilbert

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

homeless snail posted:

its that scene, but stretched out into a 3 hour movie

Yes

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"Halation" is now a word I have heard used twice, both times in the titles of anime songs.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dangerous Person posted:

I do, I just never get to show people because they already know about the shows, my friend Dilbert

I SHIP IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

On par to more tense I would say. It's been a while since I've seen Basterds. I was on the edge of my seat for a large portion of the movie and the dialogue was really good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

Also, this is some hosed up Isometric Perspective.
nah its not iso, if you look at the texture it is foreshortened, I don't think the guy knew how to do an orthographic projection

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Dangerous Person posted:

The trick is to watch more obscure shows.

Watch Zegapain.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

All of the anime I like is stuff everybody here has already seen

the true sign of normiedom

(jk i luv u)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I do like Haruhi. I also like that AMV.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

"Halation" is now a word I have heard used twice, both times in the titles of anime songs.

both good songs

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's OK to watch and talk about things other people have seen

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I haven't seen any Tarantino movies, I should probably work on that before thinking about seeing Hateful Eight.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Droyer posted:

the true sign of normiedom

(jk i luv u)

It gets worse. I used to get most of my anime from the Adult Swim action block.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"Japanese doughnuts." Goddammit, gg.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Reds posted:

I haven't seen any Tarantino movies, I should probably work on that before thinking about seeing Hateful Eight.
its not like there's some kind of tarantino canon lmao, you're probably better off watching a bunch of bonanza and spaghetti westerns if you feel like you need to study for a freakin movie

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think i first heard it in a Sailor Moon attack.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Reds posted:

Since it's this subforum I suggest you get on the Kill Bills

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

homeless snail posted:

its not like there's some kind of tarantino canon lmao, you're probably better off watching a bunch of bonanza and spaghetti westerns if you feel like you need to study for a freakin movie

I meant I should get around to watching his other good movies already. I don't watch a lot of movies.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I suggest the Man with No Name trilogy. Tis' good

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

littleorv posted:

I suggest the Man with No Name trilogy. Tis' good

A million times this

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
That is better

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

"Japanese doughnuts." Goddammit, gg.

i missed them so

That does make me wonder who will sub it, since fansubbing seems so dead. Or maybe it'll be streamed somewhere? I actually have no idea how the whole copyright thing is lately.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's not a western but if you watch the Dollars Trilogy also watch Once Upon a Time in America because the same director did it and it's one of the best gangster movies ever made

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Merriam-Webster posted:

Halation
Noun ha·la·tion \hā-ˈlā-shən\

1 : the spreading of light beyond its proper boundaries in a developed photographic image

2: a bright ring that sometimes surrounds a bright object on a television screen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Reds posted:

I meant I should get around to watching his other good movies already. I don't watch a lot of movies.
well I'm gonna say you should watch jackie brown because no one will ever recommend that movie but guess what: its good

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm still in the early parts of Tales of Zestiria, just about to enter the second town. My favorite thing to happen so far is that a bunch of normies saw me punch the ground and three medium sized boulders sprout from the ground, and they all reacted like they're looking at the antichrist and I just opened the gates of hell in front of them.

I do like that they're going with a savior story where everyone is fearful of what I can do or doesn't believe I am who I say I am. I do wish I could hit some kind of Renegade option and just use my powers to beat the poo poo out of unbelievers and manipulators though.

Hopefully at least one of my angel pals will decide to lift up and choke somebody, then I can feel like Vader when that's happening and no one sees the angel assist :black101:.

But yeah, it's still pretty slow and standard battles are resolved way too quickly, but aside from that I'm seeing some potential. Fusion is a fun little wrinkle.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

I think i first heard it in a Sailor Moon attack.

I think you're thinking of "Moon Healing Escalation."

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

homeless snail posted:

well I'm gonna say you should watch jackie brown because no one will ever recommend that movie but guess what: its good

Jackie Brown is great and I wish he would go back to that more subdued style for another movie

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0vGl6T5y0U

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The halation of this computer monitor is being seared into my eyes, as I wait for slumber to take hold of me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yeah, I looked it up after LL used it. I assumed it was a made-up word until I did so.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have killed the entire Occult club. I was gonna kill the Martial Arts club, but I decided to kill the Occult club instead.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think you're thinking of "Moon Healing Escalation."

Nope. Scroll up. :sparkles:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Stockings>Kneesocks >I can't list them because so poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cripse, there was hardly any animation on that monster at all!

• Locked thread