Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

I understand where both of you are coming from and I really like your points, but to me it feels like Browns fans reach a level of fanaticism (I mean that in a good way) you don't see in fans of the Lions or bills. Bills Army parties hard, no doubt, but the same optimism and hope that Cleveland fans have year in and year out just doesn't seem to be there. Detroit fans still show up to games as well, but we know that they know that it isn't going to end well.

Browns fans are nothing compared to Cubs fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
@Johnnyfootball is my favorite fake twitter account

https://twitter.com/johnnyfootbali/status/671514377778937857

texaholic fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 2, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Browns fans are nothing compared to Cubs fans.

Cubs fans aren't really that unique; anyone who watches baseball is a masochistic pain-junkie.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Cavauro posted:

johnny five... aces

coming 2016

never forget

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Cubs fans aren't really that unique; anyone who watches baseball is a masochistic pain-junkie.

not really

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

C-, bordering on a D

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Oh. Ok. Cool. Thanks. Mind changed.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Cubs fans in chicago are ubiquitous and mostly half-assed and half-interested. They don't know who the players are year to year etc. It's rare to see a half-interested Browns fan imo

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

johnny five... aces

coming 2016

imagine four backup QBs on the edge of a cliff

browns work the same way

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chichevache posted:

Baseball is pointless once you're a vegetarian, what the gently caress are you supposed to, they don't sell tofu dogs or whatever

I mean you have pretzels but that ain't gonna do it for more than a inning or two

Oh and I guess some things sometimes happen on the field? Idk

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

I understand where both of you are coming from and I really like your points, but to me it feels like Browns fans reach a level of fanaticism (I mean that in a good way) you don't see in fans of the Lions or bills. Bills Army parties hard, no doubt, but the same optimism and hope that Cleveland fans have year in and year out just doesn't seem to be there. Detroit fans still show up to games as well, but we know that they know that it isn't going to end well.

I'm actually correct, bro

Elotana posted:

never forget

yasssss

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--concussed-johnny-manziel-in-las-vegas-on-saturday-night-150447456.html

Johnny in vegas trying to fake being in ohio. lol johnny owns

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

He has nothing to lose at this point

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
^Except a chance to start an NFL game.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Android Bicyclist posted:

^Except a chance to start an NFL game.

Mike Pettine is gone and Haslam still loves Johnny. He's almost surely sticking around.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jerry Jones don't care what you do off the field

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
this little instance really turned me around on johnny, not sure why

maybe it is cause he has everything to lose, knows it, and does it anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

this little instance really turned me around on johnny, not sure why

maybe it is cause he has everything to lose, knows it, and does it anyway

This should be the tagline for the inevitable 30 for 30

"What if I told you a man had everything in the world to lose, knew it...and did it anyway?"

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Chris James 2 posted:

Same reasons people are still Lions and Cubs fans: Born in the area, family was fans of them for decades, and it'd be nice if at least one of your 17 generations of relatives could say they saw some sort of success from the team before they kick the bucket

“You don’t have to support them just because they’re in Cleveland,” he told me two days before the game. We were in Las Vegas, him to host the NASCAR Awards show, and me to ride in a race car and spin donuts with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

“You don’t have to support them,” Carey said. “You don’t have to do it. … If somebody owned a sandwich shop in Cleveland, and they were selling (bleepy) sandwiches, you don’t have to buy the (bleepy) sandwiches just because they’re from Cleveland. You could buy sandwiches from anywhere. You could buy them from a chain.”

http://joeposnanski.com/drew-carey-and-the-browns/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

He must be concussed if he's at hard rock.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
@BHOOLZ: @TonyGrossi says Manziel showed up at facility this week, "Disheveled and inebriated."

Concussion symptoms

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He has to be doing a bit now, right? Like, seeing how much he can get away with and still keep his job.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@SI_PeterKing
JFF1: Reported this on @SNFonNBC re Manziel: Browns require players in concussion protocol to be seen by team medic at 9 am on Sunday …
JFF2: … even if they’re not playing. Manziel didn’t show up Sunday. Browns couldn’t reach him on phone. At this point I can tell you …
JFF3: … Browns are so done with the guy. I will be stunned if he ever plays another snap for Cleveland. He wants to go to Dallas.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think everyone in the world wants the same thing Johnny. God bless.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'd make him inactive ala RG3 for the entirety of his contract.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

@SI_PeterKing
JFF1: Reported this on @SNFonNBC re Manziel: Browns require players in concussion protocol to be seen by team medic at 9 am on Sunday …
JFF2: … even if they’re not playing. Manziel didn’t show up Sunday. Browns couldn’t reach him on phone. At this point I can tell you …
JFF3: … Browns are so done with the guy. I will be stunned if he ever plays another snap for Cleveland. He wants to go to Dallas.

Please, go to Dallas, please go kick rear end and give Romo and the Cowboys a ring. Let Romo get you to the playoffs, let JFF seal the deal when he gets injured during it. I will cheer. gently caress the Browns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Goetta posted:

@BHOOLZ: @TonyGrossi says Manziel showed up at facility this week, "Disheveled and inebriated."

Concussion symptoms

Pettine: Dishevled and inebriated is no way to go through life, son

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
My first thought was since he wants to go to Dallas so badly, I'd trade him to the most miserable place in the league out of spite.

But he's already at Cleveland, so I don't know where you go from there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why would Dallas want him?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Because of the sheer excitement of him returning to Texas. and adding even more hilarity to the Cowboys. As I told my gf, If we're going to suck I'd rather it be in hilarious fashion than boring.

In all seriousness though, if the Boys don't want to draft a QB then I wouldn't mind we pick him up for cheap. I also wouldn't mind if we took a shot in the dark at Boykin to see if he can translate to the NFL.

I'm all in on the villain team at this point.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

Why would Dallas want him?

Younger & more exciting than Romo, also without a known injury history. Jones doesn't care about off-field shenanigans. JFF could probably get party pointers from Michael Irvin.

I don't know what I want more: JFF in Dallas or being forced to stay in Cleveland. :allears:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

John Brown posted:

I'm all in on the villain team at this point.

:agreed:
It's going to own so hard when Frank Clark wins Super Bowl mvp.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Younger & more exciting than Romo, also without a known injury history. Jones doesn't care about off-field shenanigans. JFF could probably get party pointers from Michael Irvin.

I don't know what I want more: JFF in Dallas or being forced to stay in Cleveland. :allears:

If they don't trade him then I can't wait to see Johnny fling balls on the practice/scout team.

Also, Dallas and Browns play next year so Johnny to Dallas NEEDS to happen.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 4, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

More exciting? WTF are you talking about? Romo has been one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL for 10 years. This guy will never be 1/1000th of the QB Romo is.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol this skinny guy who scrambles doesn't have injury problems in his future!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

NC-17 posted:

lol this skinny guy who scrambles doesn't have injury problems in his future!

remember how he got run down and hurt his first start and refused to play for like the rest of the year even though he walked around on the sidelines like he was absolutely fine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never mind the fact he's been injured both years he's been in the league

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The idea that you can have a QB who is such a complete immature clown is hilarious and that was if he was even a good player which he isn't.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also, Dallas and Browns play next year so Johnny to Dallas NEEDS to happen.
Ultimate dream scenario is that JFF plays for the Browns for the 1st 1/2, stinks up the joint, and is traded to Dallas during halftime and then proceeds to stink up the place until the game ends in a tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ultimate dream scenario is that JFF plays for the Browns for the 1st 1/2, stinks up the joint, and is traded to Dallas during halftime and then proceeds to stink up the place until the game ends in a tie.

Add a season-ending Injury to Tony Romo as the impetus for the on-the-spot trade, followed by a season-ending injury to whoever Cleveland puts in to replace Johnny, making him the only QB to both play a full-game of football at that game and (cherry on top) be the only one to not sustain an injury.

Checkmate, haters.

• Locked thread