Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Last week was Christmas so like none of my favorite podcasts recorded or put up a new episode so I don't know what to listen to while I work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
Someone bought us Ralph Lauren baby clothes that will be seasonally inappropriate when the baby gets to that size and they ripped off the main tag so we can't return it anywhere.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's New Year's Day, the places I need to go to are closed today so I have to run all my errands tomorrow.

I am really stupid bored; my friend has to work, I'm off work, and I already finished my binge watching of MadMen.

I took down my blinds because they were gross and old and broken, and put up some nice window clings that block out where anyone can see in, but now my room is very well lit.

I don't know if my nieces and my other nephew really liked their Xmas gifts; if they don't say they didn't, then I'll get them something similar next year and I don't want to be the suck aunt that keeps getting them dolphin poo poo when they really don't like dolphins. I wish it was more culturally appropriate to say when you like the thought of the gift but not the gift itself.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I don't know if my nieces and my other nephew really liked their Xmas gifts;

Can't you just ask their parents?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tiggum posted:

Can't you just ask their parents?

That leads to the issue of 'Are they really telling me that niece/nephew likes/didn't like it, or are just trying to get me to give them something else next year because They (the parent) didn't like it?'

My FWP: I don't get paid again until after the Steam Sale is done and I want MGS V: Phantom Pain, dammit :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I just found out that Chocotacos are still being made but it's too cold to eat them.

It's never too cold to eat ice cream. I just had a Klondike Krunch, it was tasty. But then I felt guilty because it's over 300 calories :(

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I got up at 430 this morning to take a friend to the airport and forgot I had set my bedroom lights to turn on when I got within a mile of my house, so my poor doggie was sitting on the bed waiting for me when I got back at 5am confused as hell.

Also I'm going off-roading with my boyfriend and some of his friends today, but because I went to bed so early in order to get up at 430, I'm too well rested/caffeinated to go back to sleep and I'm worried I'll get cranky later.

Also my super cute manicure is all chipped to hell. I'm gonna get them done again Sunday, but I HATE having chipped nails ughggghg.

Roleplaying Dad has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Jan 2, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I had set my bedroom lights to turn on when I got within a mile of my house

Why?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

To give the guys loving his wife enough time to leave, so it's not awkward.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Also I'm going off-roading with my boyfriend
:v:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
To give the guys loving his boyfriend enough time to leave, so it's not awkward.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I read good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hey, s/he could have a wife and a boyfriend, you don't know.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
I received an awesome warm coat for Christmas and since then the weather has only been cold enough to warrant wearing a sweatshirt.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The wifi in the main floor of my house is crummy because the internet comes in the finished basement so that's where I have to put my router. I wanted to be able to move it upstairs, which was theoretically doable because there's an existing ethernet cable that goes from the basement to the living room. All I'd need is a female to female adapter to bridge them, but I also wanted to then run another cable back down to the basement so that my PS4 down there could have a good connection, since the wifi would now be poor in the basement as opposed to upstairs.

But it looks like the previous home owner half-assed his cable pulls/installs in the house. I was hoping I could do it the easy way buy pulling the old one back through the wall with a piece of string tied to it, and then use the string to re-pull that cable and a new one alongside it, but the old cable was getting snagged.

Cutting off the jack and then pulling the cable and re-terminating it all myself is an option, but that's more work than I want to do, and also I'd have to buy or borrow a stripping/crimping tool.

So my FWP is having to spend $60 on another router for upstairs to use as an AP.

I got it from Monoprice, and holy Hell, I didn't realize their cheap shipping option is so slow. It also has the bare minimum of what could be considered package tracking.

I know it left California on Dec 28th...and that's all I know. No other facility has recorded an arrival or check-in...I guess it could theoritically still be on that original truck, but seems unlikely. It's "estimated" to get here on the 6th, who knows how accurate that is.

Amazon Prime has spoiled me for shipping. :negative:

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jan 4, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got an expensive book for cheap but I don't have time to read it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's cold but I wanna eat an ice cream bar, but I don't wanna be more cold.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I stayed at work for an extra half hour so I could catch the later train because it always uses nice new air conditioned carriages. Not today though, this time it's the same smelly, dirty, uncomfortable, due for the junkheap poo poo that the early train usually uses.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

At work we take break in a garage and I get no signal on my Note 3. Both of my coworkers have no problems with their iphones and their sit on either side of me. After I leave the garage it will never get another signal until I restart the phone and I can go hours without one if I forget.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I was waiting for a package yesterday, and it said it was delivered at 3 pm. It wasn't. It ended up arriving at like 8 pm. Like come the gently caress on, don't say it was delivered if it hasn't been delivered. I thought that someone had stolen it or it got sent to the wrong address or something.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My new trail shoes are new (duh), so they aren't properly broken in yet, so my feet hurt a bit during my evening run today :(

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My next door neighbor burned dinner and now my apartment stinks :argh:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I ordered a pretty necklace for myself after Christmas but it won't arrive in the UK before I have to move back to uni, and I've only just realised that it's being delivered by USPS so they'll slap on some exorbitant shipping fees too, because they're loving assholes. I just wanted my Celtic bear necklace :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mikl posted:

My new trail shoes are new (duh), so they aren't properly broken in yet, so my feet hurt a bit during my evening run today :(

I wish I could run recreationally but my knee is shot. Maybe I should replace all my limbs with robot limbs to make working out... needless.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I wish I could run recreationally but my knee is shot. Maybe I should replace all my limbs with robot limbs to make working out... needless.

Still need to work the core. Unless you replace that too...

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

pussy riot police posted:

I was waiting for a package yesterday, and it said it was delivered at 3 pm. It wasn't. It ended up arriving at like 8 pm. Like come the gently caress on, don't say it was delivered if it hasn't been delivered. I thought that someone had stolen it or it got sent to the wrong address or something.

I work in a mailroom and this happens all the loving time with USPS. Typically if I'm waiting for something and the tracking says it was delivered today I know it's not coming until tomorrow. The worst is the rear end in a top hat postman who will not deliver something, but sign my name on it. Then I have people bitching and thinking I'm withholding their poo poo from them for some reason.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Monday_ posted:

I work in a mailroom and this happens all the loving time with USPS. Typically if I'm waiting for something and the tracking says it was delivered today I know it's not coming until tomorrow. The worst is the rear end in a top hat postman who will not deliver something, but sign my name on it. Then I have people bitching and thinking I'm withholding their poo poo from them for some reason.

Have you talked to the local post office? Cause signing your name on things falsely sounds an awful lot like Mail Fraud to me...

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Yeah, my boss and then my boss's boss had to talk to them about a number of things and it hasn't really happened since then.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I have a new supervisor.

This is my 7th (technically 8th if you count the guy who answered the phone call with "No I'm not, I turned in my two weeks today") supervisor.

I've been at this job slightly over two years. That's a new boss roughly every three months.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I have a new supervisor.

This is my 7th (technically 8th if you count the guy who answered the phone call with "No I'm not, I turned in my two weeks today") supervisor.

I've been at this job slightly over two years. That's a new boss roughly every three months.

poo poo, I'd rather have that than literally 23 bosses.
Twenty-loving-three.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

More friends than I expected are coming over tonight, so the plans I had won't work with such a group.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

Have you talked to the local post office? Cause signing your name on things falsely sounds an awful lot like Mail Fraud to me...

Yeah I would lose my job if I did that.

I spent about $100 today on fish medication that may or may not save my fish.

I got a Facebook birthday notification of an upcoming birthday for a friend who died about 5 years ago.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My gf has a cold so I won't be getting a hummer anytime soon :smith:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Some really old schoolbooks I had resurfaced at my parents place. I'm sligthly disappointed how much nicer I have written when I barely could form full sentences.

I'm now deliberately writing in cursive in my notebook at work and it takes ages to get them done.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Had some family drama with someone who might have known my password so I can't be complacent with the password that I used to use everywhere because I had it committed to muscle memory. :effort: Is it stupid to get nostalgic for a password? I had it for so long. :smith:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Jan 8, 2016

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

AlphaKretin posted:

Had some family drama with someone who might have known my password so I can't be complacent with the password that I used to use everywhere because I had it committed to muscle memory. :effort: Is it stupid to get nostalgic for a password? I had it for so long. :smith:

If you've had it that long, it's probably in a password cracking dictionary file by now.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I bought Captain Crunch Crunch Berries a few weeks back for my first meal on New Years Day, and I've noticed that they never get soggy like they did when I was a kid. I don't want to waste the box but it's just not bringing me the nostalgia of being a kid eating soggy sugary cereal that I was after.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

When my mom makes coffee she alternates between normal paper filters and this weird reusable mesh screen that's way more open, so it's a crapshoot whether or not I'll suck coffee grounds into my mouth on the last sip.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My tooth hurts and it feels like there's a big hole in it but I'm afraid to call the dentist because what if I find out I need a root canal, and I have PTSD or some poo poo from a seriously traumatic root canal gone wrong when I was a kid, so I haven't done anything about it, but obviously it's just going to get worse... :(

My cat is sleeping and snoring on me and I want to get up, but I don't want to wake her because she's happy, so I've been reading the forums for like 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I have no internet for at least a week (thank gently caress for phone data but it won't last) and the electricity company is very confused. I'm not even the one that moved, ffs! Keep everything in your own name, kids. :eng101: