Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

guys I found the new TVR:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Preoptopus posted:

well the 4 blokes building it in a shed while drinking tea couldnt exactly send out a picture of there chalk board

sounds like TVR to me

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

afen posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but several years ago there were some guys that took the drivetrain from a 5cyl Audi S4 and built a tube frame chassis around it. I think they were going to build a hillclimb car. There was an awesome video of them driving the tube frame around. Does anyone know what happened with that project?

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcUK_pLXWOY

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

No, I only saw one video of the project I'm thinking of, they were trashing the tube frame chassis around a twisty road

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Preoptopus posted:

well the 4 blokes building it in a shed while drinking tea couldnt exactly send out a picture of there chalk board

With a bulldog chewing on the 1/8th scale model of the car, and totally ignoring modern safety equipment like ABS or collapsing steering column

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

You Am I posted:

With a bulldog chewing on the 1/8th scale model of the car, and totally ignoring modern safety equipment like ABS or collapsing steering column

Always go back to this video.

"There's no airbag, either. TVR's response has always been 'well don't crash then'"

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My dog sounds like a EJ25 when she growls.

I have a goofy dog.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Wrar posted:

My dog sounds like a EJ25 when she growls.

I have a goofy dog.

Is it a boxer?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Puddin posted:

Is it a boxer?

:golfclap:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

El Scotch posted:

Always go back to this video.

"There's no airbag, either. TVR's response has always been 'well don't crash then'"

"In the olden days I always got the impression that TVR built a car, put it on sale, and then found out how it handled. Usually when one of their customers wrote to the factory complaining about how dead he was."

:laffo:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
My favorite TVR I saw at Carlisle a few years ago.

gently caress that Rover nonsense, lemme stuff a Chrysler 440 in there. Stock everything else.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

:captainpop:

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Can you put a differential inside a wheel?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Only if the wheel and differential consent.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Captain Postal posted:

Can you put a differential inside a wheel?

An integral differential?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Linedance posted:

Well, it'd leave you with a functional axle, at least.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Enourmo posted:

Well, it'd leave you with a functional axle, at least.

:golfclap:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Ongoing restoration of a 1983 Group B Audi at MAT: http://www.mat.fi/gallery/65

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Awesome AI car poo poo: met, talked to, and got my picture with Mike Finnegan of Roadkill today, at Caffeine & Octane in Atlanta. Nicest dude ever. He was driving the el Camino.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Awesome AI car poo poo: met, talked to, and got my picture with Mike Finnegan of Roadkill today, at Caffeine & Octane in Atlanta. Nicest dude ever. He was driving the el Camino.

I'm glad to hear that he's actually as cool a dude in real life as he is on roadkill.

He strikes me as a goofy totally chill dude, where Freiburger is a bit more mental if you scratch the surface.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
RIP Roadkill dog

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm glad to hear that he's actually as cool a dude in real life as he is on roadkill.

He strikes me as a goofy totally chill dude, where Freiburger is a bit more mental if you scratch the surface.

I've met Freiburger a few times now, always at random poo poo (swap meets, dirt track, drag races) and he's always been cool as gently caress, though he does come off as having the most unmedicated ADD ever.

But yeah, they're both legitimately cool guys.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Linedance posted:

Wouldn't that have a constant offset though?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Captain Postal posted:

Wouldn't that have a constant offset though?

No, the initial condition was VW bug.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Can't say I met them in a casual setting but they were suuuper chill at the Optima Ultimate Street Car thing they did in the rear engined truck. Talked a bunch with all the fans, never rejected any requests for photos, etc etc. It was like a hundred goddamn degrees and everyone there was miserable from the heat standing in a parking lot but they never got mad at anyone. Even their film crew is pretty cool too.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

He was parked about 4 cars down from me. On the other side of him was an AMC sportabout, then 2 of that Rutledge guys cars. With both of them there, it was a picture takin' frenzy.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jhcain posted:

He was parked about 4 cars down from me. On the other side of him was an AMC sportabout, then 2 of that Rutledge guys cars. With both of them there, it was a picture takin' frenzy.

I've been told that Rutledge Wood is also awesome as hell. He also has the most AI taste in cars.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

nm posted:

I've been told that Rutledge Wood is also awesome as hell. He also has the most AI taste in cars.

Yeah, one of my buddies was working the gate for the classic car section, and said Rutledge bought a bunch of them sausage biscuits.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

In 2007 Aston made some rich rear end in a top hat a shooting brake Vanquish (well... coachbuilder Boniolo did) in BRG and salmon (loool) interior.

Behold the Aston Martin Vanquish EG (EG = owner's initials... who could it be?)

http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=43176

edit: lol where did those headlights come from?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Can it be a shooting brake if it's a 4-door? I thought shooting brakes were always 2-door.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Raluek posted:

Can it be a shooting brake if it's a 4-door? I thought shooting brakes were always 2-door.

Since it's visually a 2-door, I'll give it most of the credit.

The sportiest Plymouth Arrow:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's a god damned breadvan you ask me.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:smugmrgw:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That car looks blazed as gently caress.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

loving beaten

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm the standard black plastic switchgear in the custom coloured interior.

That said with a few tweaks the exterior could be great...

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Remolding plastic is kind of a tall order

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Oh look it's the Alfa Brera's ugly sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g6525/cars-that-you-can-legally-import-in-2016

Let's play a game.
What's the best car you can think import to the US using the 25-year rule?

2016 YEAR OF THE COSMO!