Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lady Naga posted:

Hi hello help I am confused as well what is an "internet" :(

literally Hitler.

and cat pics :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sounds scary! I'm glad I know nothing of it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Stux posted:

double F tier: hunted

I would happily watch Hunted get into the loving sea. Followed by Redwood.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I wish I could make party chat not loud to the point of barely hearing footsteps of people next to me with Awareness with volume set all the way to non-party audio. e: actually, maybe this ancient (ok, a little under 4 years old) Steelseries thing I found under my bed will work. I hope.

victrix, did you sit at 55 for a while one prestige or something? Not sure how you're lower level than me with a higher score.

Stux posted:

A tier: fringe

:yikes:

Mister Macys posted:

Good Blue.

versus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 2, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shockeh posted:

I would happily watch Hunted get into the loving sea. Followed by Redwood.

i forgot redwood! it's C/D tier. not as bad as infection or hunted at all. in fact i kinda like it because there is a rly fun loop you can do where you hardly touch the ground except to go thru the bunker

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pro red wood tip: there is a wall run route underneath the platforms around the trees that hardly anyone has noticed and no one uses that you can use to flank snipers ridiculously easily

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Stux posted:

pro red wood tip: there is a wall run route underneath the platforms around the trees that hardly anyone has noticed and no one uses that you can use to flank snipers ridiculously easily

Really? Where?? Is there youtube of this?

Edit= http://youtu.be/82HonEYkseM

Drav fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 2, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For such a neato animated card Combat Efficiency seems pretty easy to snag.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like shotguns. Haymaker owns.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like shotguns. Haymaker owns.

"SMGs are bad. Now the Haymaker, on the other hand,"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

versus posted:

"SMGs are bad. Now the Haymaker, on the other hand,"

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dingo is great, but gently caress me if I can get headshots with it. 54i kills in a game on Evac, and no headshots.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Dingo is great, but gently caress me if I can get headshots with it. 54i kills in a game on Evac, and no headshots.

I thought it was easy (XIM :haw:) but pistols are going to kill me. At least I got the first pistol's headshots done, so I have the easier(?) burst and auto pistols remaining.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The RK5 and LCAR (especially the LCAR) got nerfed pretty hard so it will actually be harder.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Playing with US goons results in hilarious lag for me. Is there a group of EU/UK players at all?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No one's posted a Euro Goon PS4 Community thing yet.
You'd probably get at least a couple dozen if you or someone else sets one up.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

versus posted:

I wish I could make party chat not loud to the point of barely hearing footsteps of people next to me with Awareness with volume set all the way to non-party audio. e: actually, maybe this ancient (ok, a little under 4 years old) Steelseries thing I found under my bed will work. I hope.

victrix, did you sit at 55 for a while one prestige or something? Not sure how you're lower level than me with a higher score.

Nah, I kinda skipped out on the double xp weekends, the one I played a lot was double weapon xp :downs: Should be prestige master by end of this weekend or start of next week.

I'm down to the last few guns on Dark Matter too, so I'm going to have a glorious orgy of pubby harvesting when I'm not running around with asstacular setups. Though I will say the SVG is a goddamn beast. Got multiple double kills tonight, a few triples, a quad, three collaterals, several jump shots, etcetc. Dying with that weapon is 90% my fault, it's really consistent.

re audio: You need a mixamp and/or the Astro mixamp. Otherwise party is loving deafening. The new A40 TR Mixamp will do it for you, and it even has a convenient stream out port to capture all audio and send it to pc stream device. That thing is $130 on its own though, so you might want to look into a 'real' mixamp.

With PS4 audio set to non-party all the way, I still have the mixamp set to like 30-40% game away from party chat so it sounds reasonable, and even then there's usually one or two assholes that are still kinda loud. You can thank sony for packing in a piece of poo poo mic, so everyone has a hodgepodge of random quality mics that suck. The fact that the engine level party/game audio mix is garbage doesn't help, but good loving luck getting Sony to fix that.

Also I dunno what the gently caress was up tonight, but we were in some pretty drat sweaty lobbies. We also got our asses kicked by a party of non prestige players :stare: They were the usual mix of m8s/vespers &c, but they were aggressive good obj players in dom. Otherwise though, just a lot of tough matches. Lead to a few fun games and comebacks though.

... the fact that I was running sniper/pistol and manpoose was running Haymaker probably has something to do with our struggles now that I think about it :v:

It was pretty hilarious seeing him going from double-triple kill feeds the last few days with the Brecci to hearing him swear in party chat profusely every engagement with the Haymaker. In christmas noob lobbies he'd wreck, but the sweatier lobbies we were in... not so much vs Vespers.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Mister Macys posted:

No one's posted a Euro Goon PS4 Community thing yet.
You'd probably get at least a couple dozen if you or someone else sets one up.

Alright, then, I just made one called EuroGoonBlops. My understanding of how communities work is limited but i think people need to be my friend to join or something because reasons. PSN is forpush.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mill Village posted:

The RK5 and LCAR (especially the LCAR) got nerfed pretty hard so it will actually be harder.

people keep saying this but i havnt noticed the LCAR being significantly worse and im still getting plenty of kills with it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

people keep saying this but i havnt noticed the LCAR being significantly worse and im still getting plenty of kills with it

It's not a Bad Gun, it's just not as good as it was. It used to have a 3sk, now it's 4. So it used to be Kuda at close range speed, now it's Weevil speed, which is ok, not great.

I get why they did it though, with high cal, it could be a 2 shot kill, now it's only fast-ish if you get the headshot, before it was crazy fast.

Probably still good dual wielded, but I think they nerfed that hipfire spread too.

It's more consistent for me than the RK5 at least :/

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I have fun with the Pistols, and Knifing, but aside from unlock purposes, I can't see any reason you'd actually use them. The whole game for me is SMG/Haymaker/Sniper Rifles, the rest of the weapons if you're trying to win feel like they're just fluff.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I did dual pistol L-Car for the combat handling mastery card a few days ago and it's still quite good. Definitely hurt by the nerf but I was going 40+ kills with it and it was quite good at amassing head shots.

Better than the RK5 which is the worst of the three now. :(

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Shockeh posted:

I have fun with the Pistols, and Knifing, but aside from unlock purposes, I can't see any reason you'd actually use them. The whole game for me is SMG/Haymaker/Sniper Rifles, the rest of the weapons if you're trying to win feel like they're just fluff.

That's what playing with goons is for. I can knife run and break even and know my goon crew will also do well so I can still amass those wins

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

It's not a Bad Gun, it's just not as good as it was. It used to have a 3sk, now it's 4. So it used to be Kuda at close range speed, now it's Weevil speed, which is ok, not great.

I get why they did it though, with high cal, it could be a 2 shot kill, now it's only fast-ish if you get the headshot, before it was crazy fast.

Probably still good dual wielded, but I think they nerfed that hipfire spread too.

It's more consistent for me than the RK5 at least :/

i only really use it as an actual sidearm for when i can't reload and it still seems just as useful for that at least

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

fruitpunch posted:

Alright, then, I just made one called EuroGoonBlops. My understanding of how communities work is limited but i think people need to be my friend to join or something because reasons. PSN is forpush.

I just got this stupid game, what is your psn?

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

victrix posted:

With PS4 audio set to non-party all the way, I still have the mixamp set to like 30-40% game away from party chat so it sounds reasonable, and even then there's usually one or two assholes that are still kinda loud. You can thank sony for packing in a piece of poo poo mic, so everyone has a hodgepodge of random quality mics that suck. The fact that the engine level party/game audio mix is garbage doesn't help, but good loving luck getting Sony to fix that.

I play with a few people who I have on mute 90% of the time because my A50's pick up alllll of their background noise and their gameplay. No one else seems to notice it so I guess its an issue with Astro's in general.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
I have to sit down and fiddle with my headset mic sound I feel like I may bee to loving loud based on my twitch videos

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

fruitpunch posted:

I joined. I wonder If Scatterfold and his merry band of miscreants are still playing these dumb games, we had good times back on MW2 and always had plenty of people joining to the point we'd have to split into multiple groups.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

teknetik posted:

I play with a few people who I have on mute 90% of the time because my A50's pick up alllll of their background noise and their gameplay. No one else seems to notice it so I guess its an issue with Astro's in general.

That's not a problem on your end, a lot of people don't play this game with a headset and their sensitive mics pick up everything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I joined. I wonder If Scatterfold and his merry band of miscreants are still playing these dumb games, we had good times back on MW2 and always had plenty of people joining to the point we'd have to split into multiple groups.

Some of them stuck with Xbox Live due to reasons (Forza), but there's new ones on PS4 I had the pleasure of gaming with the last few nights.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

victrix posted:

Nah, I kinda skipped out on the double xp weekends, the one I played a lot was double weapon xp :downs: Should be prestige master by end of this weekend or start of next week.

Oh right :v:

victrix posted:

That thing is $130 on its own though, so you might want to look into a 'real' mixamp.

:stare: I hope my old 360 one does the job. This popping up after plugging the USB bit in appears promising, anyway:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Another (Sony) issue is that Mic volume is tied to Mic sensitivity, which is about the dumbest poo poo ever.

For people with lower quality mics, raising the volume enough so their party can hear them also lets us hear the cat/dog/baby in the other room.

I kinda get why they did it to keep things "simple" but when you combine in with the bad pack in mic...

And bo3's audio mix is pretty bad, so basically the audio situation is a poo poo show everywhere.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

victrix posted:

Another (Sony) issue is that Mic volume is tied to Mic sensitivity, which is about the dumbest poo poo ever.

For people with lower quality mics, raising the volume enough so their party can hear them also lets us hear the cat/dog/baby in the other room.

I kinda get why they did it to keep things "simple" but when you combine in with the bad pack in mic...

And bo3's audio mix is pretty bad, so basically the audio situation is a poo poo show everywhere.

I rant and rave about this, typically in the form of "Why am I taking Awareness AND Dead Silence if all I can hear is your wife/dog/fuckboy?"

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

The_Fuzzinator posted:

I have to sit down and fiddle with my headset mic sound I feel like I may bee to loving loud based on my twitch videos

I attributed a few deaths to random laughing fits at hearing "Jesus H. Krist" coming through your Twitch feed.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
looking for some bros to get after it with on this fine day

psn: squarpushr

LEY GO

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Ok so what do you guys do when you are in a slump and just can't hit anybody? Switch to a Gorgon until everything's alright? Go shotguns? Like how do you snap out of it?

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Drav posted:

Ok so what do you guys do when you are in a slump and just can't hit anybody? Switch to a Gorgon until everything's alright? Go shotguns? Like how do you snap out of it?
I usually go back to the basics...ie using the ak

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I holler a lot. Then usually equip a high ROF SMG and hose people down with bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

all apologies posted:

I usually go back to the basics...ie using the ak

yeah i've been trying to level up different guns, but i still have my max level KN44+Quickdraw+HiCal build for when problems need solving.

Read: When I get sick of the ICR. It is such a bad gun. If you like assists and hit markers, the ICR is the gun for you.

• Locked thread