Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't even think Batterskull's interaction with SFM is all that broken.

It's broken when the competing creatures are 1-2 power and you can back it up with instants.

Modern isn't really either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't even think Batterskull's interaction with SFM is all that broken.

It's pretty broken. Besides no one uses it now so getting rid of it and unbanning SFM would be fine.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There's no reason to ban batterskull in Modern even if you unban stoneforge

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It's pretty broken. Besides no one uses it now so getting rid of it and unbanning SFM would be fine.

The deck it hurts most is Twin and probably Burn, Jund laughs at it, Tron goes bigger, Affinity has Ravager to play around it, and Infect just kind of chuckles.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The deck it hurts most is Twin and probably Burn, Jund laughs at it, Tron goes bigger, Affinity has Ravager to play around it, and Infect just kind of chuckles.

Abzan just plays it. :getin:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

T2 Batterskull would be extremely annoying for Scapeshift. It's still fine.

Angry Grimace posted:

Abzan just plays it. :getin:

It's probably a lot worse than Rhino tbh

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I could swear I've played Joe Lossett at my LGS, but he lives in California, not Ohio. Maybe every LGS has a nerd that looks like him?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Kolaghan's Command wrecks Batterskull and kills the SFM too. It's not as big of a dealbreaker in Legacy due to Force/Daze and BR just not being that hot there.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Kolaghan's Command wrecks Batterskull and kills the SFM too. It's not as big of a dealbreaker in Legacy due to Force/Daze and BR just not being that hot there.

If anything Stoneforge would do more for creature decks (which are kind of in a bad place right now unless they're Jund).

Chording for one at EoT sounds like a fun time.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

There really have been a lot of really dumb spikes these last couple weeks.

Also, kind of late to this, but: Meren, Daxos, Mizzix, ....Ezuri?, and that's barely a spike. Also Meren

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Molybdenum posted:

I could swear I've played Joe Lossett at my LGS, but he lives in California, not Ohio. Maybe every LGS has a nerd that looks like him?

That's hilarious. I basically said, "wait, is that Joe a pro, or does he play here?", and in on the other side of the city from you.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Kolaghan's command is a major problem because most of the decks that Batterskull is meant to be good against have it.

Magnificent
Jun 17, 2005

I was not programmed for friendship.
Nap Ghost
I've decided with the new year that my MTGO days are done. I converted all my cards to tickets, but now I don't know what to do. Does anyone have experience selling tickets?

I have no idea what buyers are safe for this, but right now I leaning toward selling everything to GoatBots, since they feel fairly legit.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Magnificent posted:

I've decided with the new year that my MTGO days are done. I converted all my cards to tickets, but now I don't know what to do. Does anyone have experience selling tickets?

I have no idea what buyers are safe for this, but right now I leaning toward selling everything to GoatBots, since they feel fairly legit.

Sell them for pucapoints, imo

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Magnificent posted:

How many do you have? I might know someone who'll buy some at least.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

A big flaming stink posted:

Sell them for pucapoints, imo

Can you do this yet?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Magnificent posted:

MTGO Traders will give you 95 cents per ticket (which doesn't count paypal fees). You send a message to a guy named "MTGO TRADERS" and he'll explain what to do and do the whole transaction. They basically just verify your paypal account (if you've ever bought stuff from them you don't need to do this) and then send the money. I've done it a few times, so I can convert tickets to cash in less than 10 minutes. I've done it 3 or 4 times (which should explain a lot about my willpower to stay away from MTGO, but I keep making big profits off of crazy spikes like K-Comm or Jace, so I have yet to lose money on MTGO).

GoatBots doesn't buy tickets in lots of less than 1000 unless they've changed their stance recently and they only send money by international bank transfers. They're also only selling at .90 per ticket right now.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 2, 2016

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

A big flaming stink posted:

Also, kind of late to this, but: Meren, Daxos, Mizzix, ....Ezuri?, and that's barely a spike. Also Meren

I want to say that the new commander cards are just price corrections. They been out just long enough to realize how useful some of them are.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have sold a shitload of tickets to mtgo traders and they are completely legit

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Craig seems OK. There's been a few awkward moments and he and Cedric are still trying to find a rhythm. Mostly because Craig is very serious when he's not joking, and very deadpan when he is joking.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Archenteron posted:

That's hilarious. I basically said, "wait, is that Joe a pro, or does he play here?", and in on the other side of the city from you.

I was going to play at plus one last night until I saw how far away it was.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Terrible Horse posted:

Craig seems OK. There's been a few awkward moments and he and Cedric are still trying to find a rhythm. Mostly because Craig is very serious when he's not joking, and very deadpan when he is joking.

I like Craig.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Same. He's got a very dry sense of humor.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Was that a T2 Infect kill?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
The modern Eldrazi deck (that was the reason for the Eye and Temple spikes, I think?) is on right now.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

(which are kind of in a bad place right now unless they're Jund).

But the best deck in Modern is Fish? :confused:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Here's a question: What land destruction land could they print that's better than Tec Edge, but worse than Wasteland?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheKingofSprings posted:

Here's a question: What land destruction land could they print that's better than Tec Edge, but worse than Wasteland?

Tec Edge with less strict requirements, like 3 lands.

Magnificent
Jun 17, 2005

I was not programmed for friendship.
Nap Ghost

Angry Grimace posted:

MTGO Traders will give you 95 cents per ticket (which doesn't count paypal fees). You send a message to a guy named "MTGO TRADERS" and he'll explain what to do and do the whole transaction. They basically just verify your paypal account (if you've ever bought stuff from them you don't need to do this) and then send the money. I've done it a few times, so I can convert tickets to cash in less than 10 minutes. I've done it 3 or 4 times (which should explain a lot about my willpower to stay away from MTGO, but I keep making big profits off of crazy spikes like K-Comm or Jace, so I have yet to lose money on MTGO).

GoatBots doesn't buy tickets in lots of less than 1000 unless they've changed their stance recently and they only send money by international bank transfers. They're also only selling at .90 per ticket right now.

That did sound like a good deal, but they just closed the conversation without even replying to me. Is there something special your supposed to say to get them to respond?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
what stream y'all watching?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ghost Quarter...?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Real Foogla posted:

what stream y'all watching?

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tec Edge that hits basics.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Terrible Horse posted:

The modern Eldrazi deck (that was the reason for the Eye and Temple spikes, I think?) is on right now.
It's had some pretty strong daily results recently, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a real deck (especially with OGW).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Foreskin Problems posted:

Ghost Quarter...?

Ghost Quarter isn't better

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Where would ETBT Wasteland fit in power wise?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gush

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Magnificent posted:

That did sound like a good deal, but they just closed the conversation without even replying to me. Is there something special your supposed to say to get them to respond?

If you're a new customer I think you have to buy the item on their website so that it sets up an account (it gets completely refunded, its just for verifying paypal info). If you're a repeat customer or whatever, they don't make you do this and you just directly PM the guy - I never had to do that because I had bought stuff from their site before (they sell singles at a slight discount and that guy was the person who delivered it).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Wasteland with City of Brass's drawback.

Tec Edge without an activation cost.

Quarum Trench Gnomes's ability on a land. Complete with "Use Counters" wording. Okay, maybe not.

Dust Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ghost Quarter isn't better

By what metric?

I'm not arguing here. How is Tec better than Quarter?

• Locked thread