Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

FishFood posted:

:swoon:

I'm so excited to watch Butterscotch lose pounds and keep floof!

I hope he loses enough pounds that his name will just be Butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
:f5:

YAY!!!!!!! :kingsley:

He gets his forever home :) I'm so happy for him!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'm so glad you're all happy about Butterscotch! :neckbeard:

It felt really awesome making it official. We're definitely gonna try to have some kind of small Butterscotch meet n' greet in the coming month or two.

Anyway, we celebrated Butterscotch's adoption by fostering a whole new batch! We were already there, why not flood our house with more furry things?

There's 7 cats total in there, 6 four week old kitties, and 1 mommy (she's still nursing).

Imagine just how crazy it is being in that room.

It's crazier than that.

Lot of cool stuff going, we'll be taking more pictures/video in the coming weeks. Not sure the best way to go about naming all these little buggers. There's three boys and three girls but it's very tough telling them apart.

Chili has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jan 3, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chili posted:

It felt really awesome making it official. We're definitely gonna try to have some kind of small Butterscotch meet n' greet in the coming month or two.

Anyway, we celebrated Butterscotch's adoption by fostering a whole new batch! We were already there, why not flood our house with more furry things?

There's 7 cats total in there, 6 four week old kitties, and 1 mommy (she's still nursing).

It's crazier than that.

Lot of cool stuff going, we'll be taking more pictures/video in the coming weeks. Not sure the best way to go about naming all these little buggers. There's three boys and three girls but it's very tough telling them apart.

Name them all Butterscotch Jr. :colbert:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Chili posted:

It's crazier than that.

For the girls, Blossom, Bubbles, & Buttercup, and for the boys Huey, Dewey, & Louie(I would have suggested going for the Rowdy Ruff Boys' names to go with the Powerpuff Girls theme I suggested for the girl cats, but those would be a bit odd in comparison)

drrockso20 has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jan 3, 2016

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I only live about 4 hours from Baltimore.

That's not too far to drive for BUTTERSCOTCH!

(just kidding, I will not be an internet rando showing up at your house)

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Does anyone else find it odd to use "person" as a synonym for "human" rather than for "individual"? Butterscotch is a person too! Just a short furry alien one that can't speak human languages.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jan 3, 2016

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Chili posted:

It's crazier than that.

Name 'me all after old-times candies. Starlight, bit o honey, cinnamon button, lemon drop... Lots to work with, there.

And I seriously teared up when I saw the adoption papers. Congrats on your forever cat!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Eddie Whitson posted:

I hope he loses enough pounds that his name will just be Butt.

But 'er Scotch!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Butt! Scootch!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Chili posted:

It's crazier than that.

Plant names! Juniper, Briar, Rose, Fern, Tulip, Moss!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, you had star wars names for Finn and Rey, why not go with star wars siblings?

Luke and Leia, Jacen and Jaina, and uh... And I'm out of ideas for the third pair.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Han and Chewie.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Chili posted:

I am more than willing to come out from Annapolis to rub a Butterscotch belly. :3:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, you had star wars names for Finn and Rey, why not go with star wars siblings?

Luke and Leia, Jacen and Jaina, and uh... And I'm out of ideas for the third pair.

The EU is Not Cute

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh coming up with names isn't hard, it's remembering which is which.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Chili posted:

Dye them! There is nothing wrong with this plan.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

drrockso20 posted:

For the girls, Blossom, Bubbles, & Buttercup, and for the boys Huey, Dewey, & Louie(I would have suggested going for the Rowdy Ruff Boys' names to go with the Powerpuff Girls theme I suggested for the girl cats, but those would be a bit odd in comparison)

I disapprove of animals having people names, personally. :shrug:

I always named my cats after precious gems. :shrug::shrug:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Klaus88 posted:

I disapprove of animals having people names, personally. :shrug:

I always named my cats after precious gems. :shrug::shrug:

My family always named our cats after characters from plays. Miranda, Ariel, Sycorax, Caliban, Prospero, and Ferdinand?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Here is my parent's cat, Frodo, from when I visited over Christmas. He reminded me of Butterscotch so its good to see that Butters has a home how too (Frodo was also a rescue).

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Every puppy cam I've seen uses color coordinated collars, but these little ones might be too small for that.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Dip the ends of their tails in food dye?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Geolicious posted:

I only live about 4 hours from Baltimore.

That's not too far to drive for BUTTERSCOTCH!

(just kidding, I will not be an internet rando showing up at your house)

Well you by no means have to, but we are fully intending to invite anyone from the thread to come and meet him. I've met over 30 goons in person and it's been really fun every time, so when the time does get closer I'll ask for people to PM me if they're interested.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Also:

Goodnight from all six kittens!

Wait.... 1,2,3,4,5... where's 6?

There she is!

Now REALLY good night from all 6.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Johnny Aztec posted:

Dip the ends of their tails in food dye?

Some soldier goon a while back posted pictures of pink chickens. His explanation was along the lines of people dying they're chickens all one color so if the dumb bastards get out you can tell which chickens are whose.

What I'm saying is Chili should mix up some dye and dunk his kittens.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

thought this was my roommate's cat tuna

we actually call her sweetie or dummy

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Cyan, Turquoise (Turk for short) Umber, etc etc etc.
Boom, names made and done.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

name them all Guillaume

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Pudgeons. :3:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Nursing homes in rural Australia are using chickens as therapy pets for residents. Designed to help ward off depression.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

thought this was my roommate's cat tuna
it's clearly a shark

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Cythereal posted:

My family always named our cats after characters from plays. Miranda, Ariel, Sycorax, Caliban, Prospero, and Ferdinand?

One day, I am going to get a Corgi and I'm going to name him Prospero.

On that note, on Christmas Day, my family got a visit from Charlie, the Christmas Corgi!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Look at this magnificent goddamn chicken

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Holy Moly

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Chili posted:

Dog breeders use colored double sided Velcro. Not the stuff that has a loopy side and a scratchy side, but the stuff that is all soft and easily adjustable/comes off easily if they get themselves into a pickle. Here is a big pack of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You should name them One, Two, Four, Five, Six and Seven and then when people ask you where Three is, you get a real panicked look and get them to help you search for the cat.

• Locked thread