Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Craptacular posted:

I wonder what that is. It looks like styrofoam, but styrofoam wouldn't have nearly enough mass to crack a windshield, and snow wouldn't hold together that well, would it?

It's frozen compacted snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

it's ice. It freezes on the hood and as the engine varms it up it comes loose. This is why you clean off your car before you go driving in winter.

E: vvvv nevermind, it's this.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Craptacular posted:

I wonder what that is. It looks like styrofoam, but styrofoam wouldn't have nearly enough mass to crack a windshield, and snow wouldn't hold together that well, would it?

See all the snow around? The only thing that makes sense is that the cold weather has made the Styrofoam more firm and that's why it broke the windshield

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

canyoneer posted:

See all the snow around? The only thing that makes sense is that the cold weather has made the Styrofoam more firm and that's why it broke the windshield
Stone cold Styrofoam right there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

canyoneer posted:

:psyduck:

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

canyoneer posted:

But why wasn't the windshield more firm from the cold? Maybe the windscreen was made out of ice.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Goons not getting jokes that are undoubtedly, without a shadow of a doubt, completely obviously jokes is the funniest thing to me.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

We've traced the schadenfreude. It's coming from inside the thread.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Selklubber posted:

But why wasn't the windshield more firm from the cold? Maybe the windscreen was made out of ice.

It's this. Glass is a liquid, and the cold weather caused it to freeze. The styrofoam wasn't harder, the windshield was just more fragile than usual.

Obviously.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
An Alabama millionaire paid skywriters to write anti-Trump messages above the Rose Bowl Parade yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politics/donald-trump-skywriting-rose-bowl-parade/

quote:

"America is great! Trump is disgusting," were the words dotted clearly across the sky on what appeared to be a mostly cloudless morning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Velocity Raptor posted:

You know how your mouth will start to water when you're eating anything sour?

A warhead is the kind of candy that once you've had one, simply thinking of a warhead candy is enough to make your mouth start watering.

I'm the schadenfreude because I bought two bags of Warheads on sale at Walgreens last month and powered through them in a few days. Went to the dentist for a routine cleaning a couple of days later and had two cavities. It's been years since I've needed a filling.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm the schadenfreude because I bought two bags of Warheads on sale at Walgreens last month and powered through them in a few days. Went to the dentist for a routine cleaning a couple of days later and had two cavities. It's been years since I've needed a filling.

It could've been worse.

A lot worse.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Motley Crue Drummer Tommy Lee Gets Stuck on Rollercoaster During New Year's Eve Show

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/motley-crue-drummer-tommy-lee-851705

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Craptacular posted:

Its tighly packed snow thats now essentially ice. Yes it does pack that hard after a day or so and once a bit of the ice has melted and refrozen a bit

edit - thatll tech me to not refresh when coming back from lunch

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Bottom Liner posted:

Motley Crue Drummer Tommy Lee Gets Stuck on Rollercoaster During New Year's Eve Show

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/motley-crue-drummer-tommy-lee-851705

Spinal Tap remains the best documentary ever made.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Craptacular posted:

This right here is Texas in a quote. Driving across the state during the bad weather a week ago I saw so many cars covered in ice and snow and so many random lumps of it on the highway that clearly came off of cars. Plus a few bonus tank commanders who just cleaned the little bit of the windshield they could reach and nothing else.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

An Alabama millionaire paid skywriters to write anti-Trump messages above the Rose Bowl Parade yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politics/donald-trump-skywriting-rose-bowl-parade/

anybody:yosbutt:.us

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Why not make this part of the tradition? Forget about tryint to stop it, just make sure the fire has to risk of spreading to the township, and burn that motherfucker.

They built a bunch of cool poo poo at the top 100+ years ago.

Luckily most of it isn't flammable.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Atticus_1354 posted:

This right here is Texas in a quote. Driving across the state during the bad weather a week ago I saw so many cars covered in ice and snow and so many random lumps of it on the highway that clearly came off of cars. Plus a few bonus tank commanders who just cleaned the little bit of the windshield they could reach and nothing else.

Don't worry, this happens in states where it snows regularly.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

As much as I don't approve of super pacs, that is the way I want all of them to deliver their messages now.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

As much as I don't approve of super pacs, that is the way I want all of them to deliver their messages now.

Via CNN news?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought those air writers were photoshopped. I didn't realize sky writing has entered the computer age.

Now its making me re-think the firework dick gif, is that real too??!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

KoRMaK posted:

I thought those air writers were photoshopped. I didn't realize sky writing has entered the computer age.

Now its making me re-think the firework dick gif, is that real too??!

Sadly that one's still fake.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

why the gently caress does he crunch them up, the whole point is that if you let them melt off the sour outer coating the interior gives you the most satisfying relief even though it's basically just hard fruit candy

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MrSmokes posted:

We've traced the schadenfreude. It's coming from inside the thread.

It always does mate.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Somfin posted:

why the gently caress does he crunch them up,

Because otherwise it'd take 100 times as long to film.

The sour bit is the outside coating, anyway.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsUYVGdq8

Fails of the Month for December. Of particular note the speeding red light running motorcyclist whose helmet cam ends up INSIDE the car he rear-ends.

fortunately attached neither to helmet nor to head

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

I would not be in the least surprised to see this being used in some *FEMINAZI* meme.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

thespaceinvader posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsUYVGdq8

Fails of the Month for December. Of particular note the speeding red light running motorcyclist whose helmet cam ends up INSIDE the car he rear-ends.

fortunately attached neither to helmet nor to head

Couch surfing looks completely different to what I thought it was.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wanamingo posted:

Yes, actually. They're one of the few candies that don't gently caress around. The Dutch have their ammonia licorice, the Mexicans have their salt candy, the Vietnamese have their Durian candy, and the Americans have sour warheads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_U4WpZPLU

What's with people from the US introducing themselves by what state they're from? Nobody outside the US cares, or even knows where those states are.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

kizudarake posted:

THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you I was this close to posting that :argh:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you I was this close to posting that :argh:

https://youtu.be/2NOdkMRniig

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hyperlynx posted:

What's with people from the US introducing themselves by what state they're from? Nobody outside the US cares, or even knows where those states are.

The US is really big. For the 330 million people who aren't outside the US, it helps.

ninjahedgehog has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Jan 3, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Phyzzle posted:

Why you shouldn't get a chiropractic adjustment in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhnnrBrRZw

ftfy.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Hyperlynx posted:

Well for the people inside the US it is a good indicator of not only geographic location, but also potential cultural perspective.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hyperlynx posted:

Most people know where the famous states like Florida, New York, Texas, California, Louisiana, Alaska, and Nevada are. The unimportant states in the middle are a complete mystery to all but geography nerds.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well for the people inside the US it is a good indicator of not only geographic location, but also potential cultural perspective.

He's saying it's geocentric without realizing geocentrism is the point. People outside the US don't matter to that mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

In the context of "people from around the world!", it's out of place.