Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
That is just the promo picture for this patch. Marvel's 6* was supposed to come out with it but it was causing crashes so it got pushed back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for the shout out about racoon bits. Nice

Oh. To anyone I doubted about 6 staring loki.....
Yeah. I was wrong to not believe. That 6 ability is murder. First skill I've taken to 6 and jesus that murders

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I got the Ms Marvel costume for the bonus, but I prefer the standard aesthetic. I'd love an option to unlock the costume bonus, but not the costume swap.

Doubly so when Star-Lord gets his inevitable space nazi costume

e: would be okay with alt kitty pryde star lord

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 3, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Waifus.

Waifus everywhere.......

My god.

Still missing Scarlet Waifu.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

Still missing Scarlet Waifu.

May 2016

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

I got the Ms Marvel costume for the bonus, but I prefer the standard aesthetic. I'd love an option to unlock the costume bonus, but not the costume swap.

Doubly so when Star-Lord gets his inevitable space nazi costume

e: would be okay with alt kitty pryde star lord

the ms marvel costume is complete ballsacks

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty cool document showcasing characters at 60/6/6.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ley-YvZVyDIYgyShnsRUA0s-VHJ_Jsa9_qcO4VbORXk/htmlview?pli=1

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

One of you pro marvel guys parse that list for us, who is top tier?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

fadam posted:

One of you pro marvel guys parse that list for us, who is top tier?

I am not pro by any means, but thor has beast numbers across the board.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Don't forget your logins. If youre looking at what matters, you want those 20x bios daily at 5pm EST/2pm PST.

You can get 20x Norn stones at 5am est/2am PST.

You can get the miscellaneous stuff at 8pm est. today was 200K gold.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've read through the OP and poked around in the game and I can't figure it out. How do I recruit someone if I have their Biometrics?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fadam posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've read through the OP and poked around in the game and I can't figure it out. How do I recruit someone if I have their Biometrics?

No problem. No dumb questions as we are here to help.

So when you get their bios, you click on them in Team and go to rank them up there. It's near top right after you select the character.

Just use the bios and rank them up!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

fadam posted:

Go to your roster and select them from the list. It'll ask if you want to unlock them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks fellas.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Are you not invincible as Spider-Gwen while doing your 2.5 second swinging web kick move? Because I died while I was doing it and that is BALONEY imho

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 3, 2016

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
Are the assemble crates worth it at all? I keep getting doodoo from them, I am tempted just to spend the assemble points on more energy

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ZodiakLucien posted:

Are the assemble crates worth it at all? I keep getting doodoo from them, I am tempted just to spend the assemble points on more energy

Energy only always. Their odds of being great are way too minimal.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
You are always on top of it with the replies, much appreciated

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No problem. I am a video game.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

gently caress, you can spend assemble points on Energy? Learn something new every day.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
All five alliances are full, so ive made a 6th. Waifu Squad is open for business.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
How much do team bonuses actually matter? I have a few teams I could use with bonuses, but opted instead for a team of BW, JJ and Vision for the best balance of types and characters I like, I get that JJ will be hella hard to rank up, but is there any good reason I should farm for something like Journalistic Integrity instead which from what I've seen is the team du jour?

edit: also, more friends would be great, add geektox!

Geektox fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 3, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Team bonuses are nice to have but are nowhere near as powerful as having three OP characters. They're great when you only have one great character levelled and everyone else crummy.

You basically need to balance team bonuses vs OP characters vs making the most of a leadership. The balance will shift depending on how many characters you have and how high level they are.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

Are you not invincible as Spider-Gwen while doing your 2.5 second swinging web kick move? Because I died while I was doing it and that is BALONEY imho

You're basically invincible for the first swing, but on the slam animation she's 100% vulnerable. Because of this (and her web move making her strafe into lasers) I'd say she's the hardest/most annoying of the Webheads to play pre-4 star.

Also nthing the "gently caress the ms. Marvel costume" sentiment. My kokoro wish is that they release a uniform that's just her default + rad mohawk helmet.

And Blade is SO ANNOYING to play. It sucks because I really like blade-the-character, but he's a Power character, with the survivability of an Agility character, without the damage or invincibility frames to make him viable. To add insult to injury, his blade-flail skill isn't reliable for breaking enemy ability animations. Literally the only reasons I'm using him right now is 1) the Elsa-War Wolf-Blade power trio and 2) I just like Blade that much.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 3, 2016

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Timed log in bonuses are cool + fun when your phone won't turn the gently caress on

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General
So speaking of blatantly OP characters, in the combat and blaster category what are some current good choices? I took Silk as my speed choice, now I'm just trying to figure out the other two. Would it make sense to put in a universal for a combat? Thor looks pretty good by the numbers!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Combat is probably She-Hulk and blast is Uniformed Kingpin.

Thor has nice numbers but he is squishy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Erdricks posted:

I am not pro by any means, but thor has beast numbers across the board.

He's hard carrying me with Loki and Sif just giving me team bonuses as I funnel every gold and bio and rank/mastery ticket I can into him. His first 3 skills are strong and he even has what I term a hidden skill because his ranged basic hits hard as hell (and jumps onto your target). This may be true for other characters but I've played enough of them to say it's definitely not common.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Lee Outrageous posted:

So speaking of blatantly OP characters, in the combat and blaster category what are some current good choices? I took Silk as my speed choice, now I'm just trying to figure out the other two. Would it make sense to put in a universal for a combat? Thor looks pretty good by the numbers!

I'm in the same boat and working through the same questions. These are my conclusions so far:

Blast: Yellowjacket, Vision, War Machine. However, none of these characters are worthy of spending marblubux on, they're very easy to farm. They are top tier, but not money worthy. You can make good progress in a week+ if you focus. Yellowjacket is my tugboat of glory. If you want to focus on someone, but not spend money, go for Yellowjacket. Blast bios should go to chars like Nico, who cannot be farmed in any way, unless you don't care about catchin' em all. Vision is insane in PVP with the physical immune shield.

If Thor is your jam, then I'd work towards what I'm doing now which is a Thor, Groot (with the Thor costume) and Ronan team. Groot and Ronan are easy to farm with the special missions, Ronan's leadership bonus is amazing. Groot's costume is worth every bit of crystals. I'm in the 40s with this team with all the pieces and Groot just annihilates everything. I thought Silk was amazing (still is the best speed) but Groot is my new waifu.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 3, 2016

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Team Waifu is being carried entirely by Silk in Battleworld right now. Nico at the end can provide the clutch save at times. I open with Silk/Singularity, since even 10 levels down, Singularity can keep the opponent locked down for long enough that Silk can clean up whoever she's fighting (at a 5 level disparity) then go to save Sing. Then I just have Sif and Black Widow as fodder in the middle.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Jean Grey, Psylock, X-23, Jubilee, Rogue, Emma Frost, and those are just off the top of my head.

and I didn't type out guys.

gently caress jubilee. Literally the worse loving x-men in existence. Total God drat garbage. Just delete her marvel.

Yours truly, guy who watched 90's x-men cartoon show as a kid.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 3, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, the 6th goon alliance is up and open for business!

Apply to Waifu Squad if you're looking for a home!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Is Gamora severely worse than Silk at max level? I really like her alt uniform, is all.

also, if this was a TRUE waifu game, they would let us play as Jocasta

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Randy Mythbuster posted:

All five alliances are full, so ive made a 6th. Waifu Squad is open for business.

Applied as Datasmurf.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

Is Gamora severely worse than Silk at max level? I really like her alt uniform, is all.

I might be wrong, but I think every speed character is severely worse than Silk. She does great damage, avoids a ton of hits, and does a ton of cc. Is she the best character in the game? She's gotta be on the short list.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Applied as Rubiconse

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

punchymcpunch posted:

I might be wrong, but I think every speed character is severely worse than Silk. She does great damage, avoids a ton of hits, and does a ton of cc. Is she the best character in the game? She's gotta be on the short list.

Best speed character for sure. Her 4* is one of the things that seem completely disproportionate.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Applied as Mettaton.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Applied to waifus as Painerton. I like to run a f2p and a whale account concurrently in games like this because I am weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bideojames
Aug 29, 2004

>:3
applied as Bideo James

• Locked thread