Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
What different cultures? All cultures are the same and as good, or ur a ligur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Considering that these are the same people who claim that cannabis drives people to psychosis, I wouldn't put much weight on this.

To me it seems absurd that people wouldn't be as willing to off themselves if they just didn't have a gun around. That Finns commit suicides often might just be because we've a more hosed up culture than the other countries mentioned. We do it with guns often because we simply have an absurd number of weapons around. Furthermore, if a person is not allowed to decide when to end his life, what kind of freedom is this? This seems like one of those perverse cases where life has a value so high that the quality of life doesn't matter at all.

I don't think we would gain pretty much anything by making the laws stricter.

E: How's about making mental healthcare available to more people? Right now you gotta be a total trainwreck to get any sorts of help without having to pay through the nose.

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 31, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SnowblindFatal posted:

Considering that these are the same people who claim that cannabis drives people to psychosis, I wouldn't put much weight on this.

Um, but it does?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Rexroom posted:

Um, but it does?

Yeah, just look at the people posting in this thread if you need proof

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

SnowblindFatal posted:

E: How's about making mental healthcare available to more people? Right now you gotta be a total trainwreck to get any sorts of help without having to pay through the nose.

Nawww, man. People have mental issues so they drink or use drugs. Or both. But if you want to get help from the public sector, you first have to stop drinking or using drugs.

Better solution: ban semi-automatic rifle length weapons from hobbyists and practical shooters.

Se parantaa kansanterveyttä.

Vittu tää on hullu maa. (Ja hullu ketju, koska edellisen sivun perusteella jengi ajattelee ilmeisesti oikeasti niin, että jos Kalevi, 52v, aseharrastaja, ja Practical-ammunan SM vitonen, ei saa ostettua enää uutta AR-15 replicaa, niin kansanterveys paranee.)

Rexroom posted:

Um, but it does?

lol en itse polta mutta vitut

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

By "these people" do you mean medical doctors? I'm all for legalizing it, but it's not 100% harmless even if it is less harmful than eg. alcohol.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 31, 2015

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Arskat ovat muutenkin aika huonossa asemassa koska ne eivät ole tehty puusta ja perä-pierulan metsästyseura on vieläkin vihaavat kaikkea mikä ei ole puu-tukkista Mauser/Pystykorva-kloonia.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 31, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
stadin harrastajat kyllä veivaa noilla helvetin muovipyssyillä eikä haittaa vaikka ei just pystykorvalla ammu ekaa rataa

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
meitsipä on ampunut aidolla isoisien työkalupystykorvalla, mutta en ollut kyllä sotiemme sankarien veroinen mitä osumiseen tulee, ammuin sillä ihan päin vittua, lempirynnäkkökiväärini on Steyr AUG, sen optiikan kanssa on sangen terminaattori olo ja on vaikeampaa ampua ohi kuin osua just mihin haluaa, pistoolikseni valitsen glocking, ja haulikoista kovin on ehdottomasti... drumroll... semiautomaatti Saiga-12, 8 maalia n. 5-15 metrista nurin 3-4 sekunnissa

Tell us ur favourite gun to shoot ITT!!!1

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
glockit ovat pistoolimaailman toyota corollia, keskinkertaisia mutta hyvin rakennettuja työkaluja

kokeile vähän CZn ja SIGin tuotantoa, ne tekevät parempaa ysimilliä

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Rexroom posted:

Um, but it does?

samalla lailla kuin alkoholi aiheuttaa maksakirroosia

e: liialliseen vedenjuontiinkin voi kuolla. tai radonin hengittämiseen. varmuuden vuoksi on parempi kieltää vesi, huoneilma ja hengittäminen

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 1, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nauta posted:

varmuuden vuoksi on parempi kieltää vesi, huoneilma ja hengittäminen

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Ligur posted:

meitsipä on ampunut aidolla isoisien työkalupystykorvalla, mutta en ollut kyllä sotiemme sankarien veroinen mitä osumiseen tulee, ammuin sillä ihan päin vittua, lempirynnäkkökiväärini on Steyr AUG, sen optiikan kanssa on sangen terminaattori olo ja on vaikeampaa ampua ohi kuin osua just mihin haluaa, pistoolikseni valitsen glocking, ja haulikoista kovin on ehdottomasti... drumroll... semiautomaatti Saiga-12, 8 maalia n. 5-15 metrista nurin 3-4 sekunnissa

Tell us ur favourite gun to shoot ITT!!!1

Only RK62 here. I almost got to shoot the light machinegun and I was booked for the machinegunner role but then in the last minute our trainer said that Pekkanen (an rear end in a top hat supreme, hated by all) got the gig for no reason whatsoever. gently caress that guy.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

SnowblindFatal posted:

Only RK62 here. I almost got to shoot the light machinegun and I was booked for the machinegunner role but then in the last minute our trainer said that Pekkanen (an rear end in a top hat supreme, hated by all) got the gig for no reason whatsoever. gently caress that guy.

You should have been like me, bro, to shoot the KVKK more often. I always (INTTITARINA - INCOMING) always volunteered for the fortress communications team which included a KVKK (between two persons), teh magical light machinegun of much meteli, and our superiors really really hated my guts (much like the guys in ScandiPol?!) because I kept throwing snowballs at them and stuff during patrols. So as a punishment I always had to carry the light machinegun for the team... which was exactly what I wanted.

Then I would smoke the most dank weed, see invisible targets, and unload the machinegun into the night. So fun. (Not with live ammo apart from shooting range, sorry guys I wasn't endangering anyone.)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
KVKK pitäis korvata jollain modernilla työkalulla kun ne alkavat olla niin kuluneita

joku RPKn tyyppinen evoluution RK95estä olisi hyvä

jos siirrytään 5.56 NATOon, sitten ostetaan joko H&Kn MG4osia tai FN Minimejä, riippuen kummalla on paremmat lahjukset

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Triple A posted:

KVKK pitäis korvata jollain modernilla työkalulla kun ne alkavat olla niin kuluneita

Tätä vartenha niitä peekooämmiä hankittiin idän ihmemaasta (enkä tässä kohtaa tarkota päiväkahvinaisia)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Nenonen posted:

Tätä vartenha niitä peekooämmiä hankittiin idän ihmemaasta (enkä tässä kohtaa tarkota päiväkahvinaisia)

PKM on aika vitun hyvä yleis KK mutta joku mikä käyttäis samaa patruunaa kuin se RK olisi parempi. Ehotin jotain RPKn tyylistä koska siinä on sekä syöttö joka käyttää samaa lipastyyppia ja se on pohjimiltaan vain raskaampi AK jossa on etujalat ja pidempi piippu joten perusmorttin ei tarvii opetella monimutkaisempaa konetta.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 2, 2016

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Ligur posted:

You should have been like me, bro, to shoot the KVKK more often. I always (INTTITARINA - INCOMING) always volunteered for the fortress communications team which included a KVKK (between two persons), teh magical light machinegun of much meteli, and our superiors really really hated my guts (much like the guys in ScandiPol?!) because I kept throwing snowballs at them and stuff during patrols. So as a punishment I always had to carry the light machinegun for the team... which was exactly what I wanted.

Then I would smoke the most dank weed, see invisible targets, and unload the machinegun into the night. So fun. (Not with live ammo apart from shooting range, sorry guys I wasn't endangering anyone.)

Hahahaha holy poo poo, sounds loving awesome. I wasn't so much in the dank culture back in the day but if I were, I'd have the best cookies for the forest trips.

Did you actually snowball the skapparit or just the people who arrived 6 months earlier and were thus somehow better human beings? If the former then goddamn. :D

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Finnish Politics Megathread II: TFR/GiP outpost of mongols.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Being a jaeger was fun. I got to shoot with an ärkoo95, a couple of sniper rifles, KVKK and PKM, throw hand grenades and even try out a live ITKK a couple of times. While I doubt it's anything compared to a friend of mine, who fired Apilases and even an anti-tank missile, I can't deny that bigger the gun, the more fun it is. Funnily enough I don't even know how to adjust the sights of a RK62 because only our snipers got those and only for marksmanship competitions.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Ligur posted:

So as a punishment I always had to carry the light machinegun for the team... which was exactly what I wanted.
Asko Vilenius inttistories

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

SVD:llä vois olla hauska ampua siviilissäkin, rekyyliä siinä on kyllä kahden kiväärin tarpeisiin. Karaistuneet neuvostokansojen pojat ilmeisesti pärjää pelkällä metallilevyllä tukin perässä, mikä jätti mun dekadenttiin olkapäähän oman leimansa.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

brakeless posted:

SVD:llä vois olla hauska ampua siviilissäkin, rekyyliä siinä on kyllä kahden kiväärin tarpeisiin. Karaistuneet neuvostokansojen pojat ilmeisesti pärjää pelkällä metallilevyllä tukin perässä, mikä jätti mun dekadenttiin olkapäähän oman leimansa.

Kyllä niihin vielä saa lupia mutta se vaatii vähän lupamiesten kanssa vänksläystä jotta niitä saat. Jos se käytäntö olisi järkeistetty kanadalaiseen malliin* niin se olisi parempi.

*Joka pyssy ei tarvii lupia kunhan olet saanut aseenkantokortin

Triple A fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 2, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
We got to shoot the 12.7 ITKK 96 at targets in the sea to play "how are stop Russian, err, yellow force, amphibious assault craft from landing". The racket these weapons make is infernal, and very satisfying :)

SnowblindFatal posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo, sounds loving awesome. I wasn't so much in the dank culture back in the day but if I were, I'd have the best cookies for the forest trips.

Did you actually snowball the skapparit or just the people who arrived 6 months earlier and were thus somehow better human beings? If the former then goddamn. :D

Unfortunately no, I only ambushed and made traps for our NCOs, to annoy skapparis I kept saluting them the wrong way or not at all, or slept in the sauna during fire drills or whatever. The net result was the same, I was always handed the heaviest and most noisy weapons during exercises as a "punishment" and to get rid of me they kept sending me to all these forest camps nobody else wanted to go to, which I loved and volunteered in whenever possible. When I was "serving" we all had to hang around for 285 days , no 6 month options (it was either 240, 285 or 330 days).

Because I was in the forest all the time I also got to serve as the gunner in a 81mm mortar team for quite a while so we could drop shells that made a ka-boom near kuli formations. And shoot our coastal artillery guns as the gunner/target computer nerd for the 130 TK and 100 56 TK (RIP). Because I'm not small I also served as the loader on occasion and managed to shoot only the charge, without a shell, after not sleeping for two days from a 100 56 TK. It sounded like a huge fart and caused an emergency procedure. Surely a fine accomplishment...

edit:

Valiantman posted:

Being a jaeger was fun. I got to shoot with an ärkoo95, a couple of sniper rifles, KVKK and PKM, throw hand grenades and even try out a live ITKK a couple of times. While I doubt it's anything compared to a friend of mine, who fired Apilases and even an anti-tank missile, I can't deny that bigger the gun, the more fun it is. Funnily enough I don't even know how to adjust the sights of a RK62 because only our snipers got those and only for marksmanship competitions.

Ei hitsi kun peekooämmällä joskus pääsisi ampumaan. I wouldn't trust myself with grenades apart from smoke though, call me Mr Butterfingers.

How was it compared to KVKK?

*drool*

Ligur fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 3, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kun minä olin intissä ni meil oli siel yks vääpeli jol oli tosi kova ääni

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Meillä oli sotilasmestari joka joi enskaa

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Ligur posted:

How was it compared to KVKK?
*drool*

Easier to clean, easier to carry and most importantly no-one ever wanted anything to do with the KVKK ammo belt ever again. I best not compare the accuracy since it's been a long time but jantterit fell down pretty much equally with both I guess.

About the hand grenades: an old tornari actually happened to my little brother's recon company. Someone fumbled with a live one and it fell short. I can't remember if it fell in the actual foxhole but close enough that the skappari got to play a hero and save the poor conscript by pushing her into cover.

Valiantman fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 3, 2016

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Darkest Auer posted:

Joo sama ja se taaksepoistutti varusmiehiä sukset jalassa polkupyörien kanssa kasarmin katolta alas järveen.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

meiän komppanian varapäällikkö huudatti Dimmu Borgiria toimistossaan niin et koko kasarmi tärisi

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
But I heard this was impossible to do because of [insert tekosyy sisäministeriöstä]. Samoin hassua, että tolleen vaan tehdään, mutta muistaakseni kun täällä aikanaan vinkkasin, että noin tosiaan voi vaan tehdä, niin tuli hirveä itku ja huuto ja paskamyrsky siitä ettei se voi eikä saa olla mahdollista, kansainvälinen laki, ihmisoikeus ja varmaan vielä rasismikin.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
No, it's actually quite allowed under the Schengen agreement.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

Wheany posted:

Joo sama ja se taaksepoistutti varusmiehiä sukset jalassa polkupyörien kanssa kasarmin katolta alas järveen.

Finally some interesting intti stories

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Meillä kerran yks kaveri tuli iltalomalta myöhässä takaisin, pojat väitti että se oli kiivennyt varuskunnan aidan yli vaikka se on kielletty ohjesäännössä!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

No, it's actually quite allowed under the Schengen agreement.

Yes I know.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Hurr. Hurrlr. Örgh.

Aina kun lehdessä lukee, että professori tai asiantuntija tyrmää, tietää joutuvansa lukemaan jotain vitun tyhmä.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Ligur posted:

Hurr. Hurrlr. Örgh.

Aina kun lehdessä lukee, että professori tai asiantuntija tyrmää, tietää joutuvansa lukemaan jotain vitun tyhmä.

You are the victim of raflaava otsikko

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

HerraS posted:

meiän komppanian varapäällikkö huudatti Dimmu Borgiria toimistossaan niin et koko kasarmi tärisi

saergh, blaerath ja komppanian varapäällikkö poser hintti möttönen

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
yle.fi/uutiset/valkoisen_suomen_puolesta_taisteleva_jarjesto_aloitti_katupartioinnin_joensuussa/8568968

You know, street patrol is such a boring name. Why not add some nobility and high mindedness by calling it a "guard"?

You could even add a prefix "white" to it so everybody knows what is your skincolor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Should be Protection Municipality. Or just call it Army of Odin and let everyone cosplay a Marvel character.