Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I completely agree with you guys about Play Arts Kai stuff, the stuff is really overpriced and out of scale with just about everything. However, I recently bought the Big Boss figure from MGS Ground Zeroes and I really liked it. It was discounted on tokyo otaku mode and I had a coupon, so it wasn't the nonsensical 100 dollar MSRP. I agree about the gloss being weird on these figures, but for this figure I just look it as rain.

The other Big Boss figure from revoltech looks pretty good, I think that they're going to fix the head as a subsequent photo of it looks considerably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

BlackCircle posted:

Can you post a picture of that Vegeta out of box? I see it and a SSJ Trunks in Barnes and Noble all the time but can never get a good look at what they would look like just sitting on my desk.

edit: Has anyone ever spotted the re release 1980's TMNT villains in any store they have been at? I'm mainly looking for Shredder and a Foot Soldier as I got the Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady for Christmas. It shows them on the back of the box but I have never seen them in store.

Hey bud, toast night I crashed pretty quick after I posted and today we had family up to see th house.

I got red pictures for you though. If you had any requests for scale or something I can see what I can do. I mostly have Figuarts DBZ stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
New Iceman toy looks dope

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I took a shot of the Vulcanog one a few months back. I think it looks pretty good:

Also Chicken hat!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

Where?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It was a joke in reference to the picture above his post.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a LEGO thread somewhere?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

It was a joke in reference to the picture above his post.

That one hit right in the feels, I'm dying to see what the new ML Iceman looks like.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Rhyno posted:

Is there a LEGO thread somewhere?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Quick question guys, how is BBTS about preorders? I have this [url=http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11967&mode=retail
statue in preorder since June but the release date just keep slipping (first it was estimated to arrive on November and well..)

Usually I wouldn't give a second thought but a quick search on google makes it look like other retailers (like EB Games, Gamestop or DC Collectibles) have it on stock already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Quick question guys, how is BBTS about preorders? I have this [url=http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11967&mode=retail
statue in preorder since June but the release date just keep slipping (first it was estimated to arrive on November and well..)

Usually I wouldn't give a second thought but a quick search on google makes it look like other retailers (like EB Games, Gamestop or DC Collectibles) have it on stock already.

That thing has been out for close to two months.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They're hit or miss on pre-orders, cancel and get it elsewhere.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Hey bud, toast night I crashed pretty quick after I posted and today we had family up to see th house.

I got red pictures for you though. If you had any requests for scale or something I can see what I can do. I mostly have Figuarts DBZ stuff.

Not to bad looking. I might think about getting one unless they are going to release a new poseable Vegeta sometime soon.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

Where are you seeing a new Iceman at?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the vegeta.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's joking about how they're depicting the energy or whatever it is Vegeta is supposed to be doing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So a bit ago I mentioned in addition to the GIJOE stuff I also got a bin full of HE-MAN and NERF stuff. I know Nerf isn't really action figures but I don't see a general toy thread so here it goes. One of the big green bins I got for $65 combined had this stuff in it. I think I'll store some away for a future kid and sell what I can't fit in a large box. But yeah, holy poo poo, my eyes bugged out when I saw all this stuff.

I doubt it, since I think N-Strike is a new thing(I remember seeing it in stores like a couple years ago) and that's what the majority of this is outside of one non-Nerf gun(the green one) but is there anything particularly valuable in there? Hopefully now that the holiday rush is over I'll have time to sit down and sort out the HE-MAN stuff too.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Captain Invictus posted:

So a bit ago I mentioned in addition to the GIJOE stuff I also got a bin full of HE-MAN and NERF stuff. I know Nerf isn't really action figures but I don't see a general toy thread so here it goes. One of the big green bins I got for $65 combined had this stuff in it. I think I'll store some away for a future kid and sell what I can't fit in a large box. But yeah, holy poo poo, my eyes bugged out when I saw all this stuff.

I doubt it, since I think N-Strike is a new thing(I remember seeing it in stores like a couple years ago) and that's what the majority of this is outside of one non-Nerf gun(the green one) but is there anything particularly valuable in there? Hopefully now that the holiday rush is over I'll have time to sit down and sort out the HE-MAN stuff too.

Closest thing to valuable that comes to mind is the blue colored Longshot. But even demand for those has gone down a lot by the look of it. N-Strike as a line is like 6-8 years old, and was replaced with the "Elite" like by now which is largely reworked, just plain better versions of old N-Strike guns.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fair enough, I figured as much. Seems like lots of similar sizes go for a couple to a few hundred dollars on Ebay, so I'll get rid of a handful of them and then put the rest in storage. Thanks!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Herhhh sorry to get people's hopes up. X-Men = February.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

BlackCircle posted:

Not to bad looking. I might think about getting one unless they are going to release a new poseable Vegeta sometime soon.

There is a new super saiyan Vegeta figure coming out this month actually.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

That thing has been out for close to two months.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

They're hit or miss on pre-orders, cancel and get it elsewhere.

I figured, thanks guys.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Big Bad Toy Store is basically the worst.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

The clues... they were right there in the name all along! :negative:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I got some good preorders from them

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I saw black series Finn and Rey (with BB8!) at Target today. Last time I was there the whole Star Wars section was wiped out, but I guess they restocked. I was just window-shopping, but I was so tempted to buy those toys. I loved those characters and the toys looked great. I just feel like... I've been into 4" Star Wars toys for 30-some years and it doesn't seem like a good idea to switch to a new scale now.

I hope that they get back to making quality figures on the smaller scale at some point. There really seems to be an ebb and flow to it, like every few years the figures get real lovely (remember the episode II toys?) and then they snap out of it.

I might eventually cave in though, cause those big figures look like nice display pieces...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I saw black series Finn and Rey (with BB8!) at Target today. Last time I was there the whole Star Wars section was wiped out, but I guess they restocked. I was just window-shopping, but I was so tempted to buy those toys. I loved those characters and the toys looked great. I just feel like... I've been into 4" Star Wars toys for 30-some years and it doesn't seem like a good idea to switch to a new scale now.

I hope that they get back to making quality figures on the smaller scale at some point. There really seems to be an ebb and flow to it, like every few years the figures get real lovely (remember the episode II toys?) and then they snap out of it.

I might eventually cave in though, cause those big figures look like nice display pieces...

I don't think you can predict what's gonna happen with Star Wars toys in the future based on their history, now that George Lucas isn't involved.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

I've never had a problem with them, and I order a lot of dumb poo poo.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I've never had a problem with them, and I order a lot of dumb poo poo.

This

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I saw black series Finn and Rey (with BB8!) at Target today...

I've not bought any tat other than the occasional TF masterpiece for years but damned if I'm not buying the poo poo out of Rey and Finn as soon as Bandai get around to them in the SH Figurarts line.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Not my picture but this is what the new World of Nintendo toys look like:

I need that Sheik, Waluigi and Bowser Jr.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BlackCircle posted:

edit: Has anyone ever spotted the re release 1980's TMNT villains in any store they have been at? I'm mainly looking for Shredder and a Foot Soldier as I got the Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady for Christmas. It shows them on the back of the box but I have never seen them in store.

I found a Foot Soldier at a TRU in the middle of nowhere about a year and a half ago. Good luck.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
If anybody sees the world of Nintendo toys and buys them for louisgod, pick up an extra Waluigi for me.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I need that Cat Luigi. Are there cat versions of other characters?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wrong thread

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
The Disney elite series are seriously way better than the black, dudes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rear end Catchcum posted:

RACIST.

Nah I agree but Black series is cheap and mostly easy to get.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Disneystore.com for real.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

This is true if only because they don't use soft goods. I picked up the Kylo Ren and he looks fantastic. No ab crunch and not as much shoulder movement as the Black Series, but there's enough articulation to get a decent pose. I've heard there aren't plans for Disney to put out any other figures until the next movie, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

The faces are just as hit-or-miss, though. Which is fine for dudes like Kylo Ren or a Stormtrooper, not so hot for Finn or Rey. But yeah, if you're looking for characters with masks on, Elite series loving owns.