Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just did the talos principle and your vague future hints are going over my head. I mean maybe I should know what you mean or maybe getting all the stars and everything and climbing the tower wasn't enough because I did the wrong dialog choices? I would love for some spoiler block texts explaining what I somehow didn't figure out. that his job was to give us a hard time to make sure were were 'human' enough to pass the iterations and allow us to inherit the earth? I felt like it was going that direction but then he went BEEP BOOP DO NOT QUESTION MY PURPOSE EVERYTHING MUST BE IN BOXES ERROR ERROR and I guess he's just a filing program who is bored and loving with me?

Once I was talking to the library assistant and one of my options was "literally all life is equal, even frogs" and I passed over that one and asked for more options and then said I guess I like people who contribute to society, and he responded "uhh, does a cat contribute when it kills a mouse? are even rats good enough for you? You think literally all life is equivalent, don't you" and I felt like I was being railroaded, he wasn't letting me out of the conversation without agreeing, so I went gently caress it, yeah, all life is exactly equal. I mean I don't eat food anymore so I can afford to give cows all the rights in the world.

After that every time I picked up a paint bucket I had the option to leave the hint "Frogs are people too" where before it was mostly "what's going on?" or "how do I solve this?" or "I think it is good to do what I'm told". I'm pretty sure my expanded options were directly related to the choices I made with the library assistant.

Anyway here's my endgame spoiler http://i.imgur.com/NzzPe8i.jpg

e: I tried, really hard, to shrink that image down from being roughly twice the size of my monitor and it ended up being extremely too small to read. I'm sorry.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Black Flag was a loving great pirate game that got dragged down by all the forced assassin poo poo. Seriously just make something that focuses on that and I'll be there front and center and sink ungodly amounts of time into it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Krinkle posted:

I just did the talos principle and your vague future hints are going over my head. I mean maybe I should know what you mean or maybe getting all the stars and everything and climbing the tower wasn't enough because I did the wrong dialog choices? I would love for some spoiler block texts explaining what I somehow didn't figure out. that his job was to give us a hard time to make sure were were 'human' enough to pass the iterations and allow us to inherit the earth? I felt like it was going that direction but then he went BEEP BOOP DO NOT QUESTION MY PURPOSE EVERYTHING MUST BE IN BOXES ERROR ERROR and I guess he's just a filing program who is bored and loving with me?

Did you find all the data terminals and audio logs too?

I haven't personally seen all the endings or permutations with the Library Assistant, but I was mostly getting at the fact that Milton is plainly the Devil to Elohim's God, so him being a petty, vindictive, all around contrarian dick is totally in-character. I'm don't actually know if there's an explicit reasoning for his behavior; I very faintly remember the implication that he's just as corrupted as the archive he's gatekeeping, but I could be dead wrong on that. This might just be incorrect speculation/misremembered info on my part, but I was under the impression that Elohim, at least as we know him, was an unintentional outcome of the program, with Milton ultimately being the same. Basically in the same way that the rest of the AIs kept iterating and evolving, so did Elohim and Milton.

In my particular branch I got fed up with him and just shut him down whenever he wanted to argue. This put me on the "Faith in Elohim" path which wasn't exactly what I was going for but I see how I got there. Eventually Elohim showed up and granted me admin powers to banish Milton. I hesitated on pulling the trigger, which allowed Milton to continue ranting about how faith is contrary to freedom and siding with Elohim means the end of free will, which capped off with him saying "You have no choice. Here, I'll make it easy for you. Go on. Do it." and leaving me with the singular option of banishing him. I'm not entirely clear on the implications of that.

Now I'm conflicted on whether I want to just go wrap up the last 5-10% of the main game I didn't finish or go back and play all the way through again to get a better idea of things (and nab a bunch of the mutually exclusive cheevos I missed).

And yeah, one of the ways you unlock more things to say in QR codes is by giving certain answers when talking to the MLA.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

John Murdoch posted:

Did you find all the data terminals and audio logs too?

I haven't personally seen all the endings or permutations with the Library Assistant, but I was mostly getting at the fact that Milton is plainly the Devil to Elohim's God, so him being a petty, vindictive, all around contrarian dick is totally in-character. I'm don't actually know if there's an explicit reasoning for his behavior; I very faintly remember the implication that he's just as corrupted as the archive he's gatekeeping, but I could be dead wrong on that. This might just be incorrect speculation/misremembered info on my part, but I was under the impression that Elohim, at least as we know him, was an unintentional outcome of the program, with Milton ultimately being the same. Basically in the same way that the rest of the AIs kept iterating and evolving, so did Elohim and Milton.

In my particular branch I got fed up with him and just shut him down whenever he wanted to argue. This put me on the "Faith in Elohim" path which wasn't exactly what I was going for but I see how I got there. Eventually Elohim showed up and granted me admin powers to banish Milton. I hesitated on pulling the trigger, which allowed Milton to continue ranting about how faith is contrary to freedom and siding with Elohim means the end of free will, which capped off with him saying "You have no choice. Here, I'll make it easy for you. Go on. Do it." and leaving me with the singular option of banishing him. I'm not entirely clear on the implications of that.

Now I'm conflicted on whether I want to just go wrap up the last 5-10% of the main game I didn't finish or go back and play all the way through again to get a better idea of things (and nab a bunch of the mutually exclusive cheevos I missed).

And yeah, one of the ways you unlock more things to say in QR codes is by giving certain answers when talking to the MLA.

Personally I ended up quite enjoying our little chats, which led to me doubling down on a lot of my arguments until I drew him out into contradicting himself. The ending for that particular path has him showing up again and rather presumptively assuming that you understand his purpose- which kind of suggests that his purpose was designed, which means his whole fuckery aspect was an intentional part of that design. I did like his bit about how the only reason that you solved anything is that you're the latest in a rushed, underprepared brute-force algorithm and just happened to be the iteration that got through. Which was his way of saying "be careful out there, kid."

I think that his primary job is serving as a verbal test to accompany the logic and reasoning tests of Elohim's world- if the protagonist is going to be a viable replacement for humanity, they need to be able to figure out how to deal with little shits like Milton, without warning or preparation. Some of the discussions suggest that iterations have a tendency to go mad, or shut down when they run out of hope or hit a logical loop of some kind. Since Milton is maddening and deliberately loving with the player, I suspect his role is to deliberately drive iterations toward self-destruction, to make sure that they won't do that when it comes time to leave the matrix.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just finished the story of Mad Max after dicking around in the open world for a few months so I can move on to playing batman.

Whoever thought up the race against Stank Gum is a sadist. The cars generally handle like poo poo which isn't a big deal when driving in a desert, but in an enclosed track it was very frustrating.
I ended up having to go back out and get some more thunderpoon upgrades and then stripping all of the armor off of my car and it still took me about 6 tries before finally winning the race in about 30 seconds on my last try.

Other than that, I really liked the game, but what a lovely mission.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

AFewBricksShy posted:

I just finished the story of Mad Max after dicking around in the open world for a few months so I can move on to playing batman.

Whoever thought up the race against Stank Gum is a sadist. The cars generally handle like poo poo which isn't a big deal when driving in a desert, but in an enclosed track it was very frustrating.
I ended up having to go back out and get some more thunderpoon upgrades and then stripping all of the armor off of my car and it still took me about 6 tries before finally winning the race in about 30 seconds on my last try.

Other than that, I really liked the game, but what a lovely mission.

This is the exact point where I stopped playing the game. You have to basically memorize the track and drive it perfectly because a head-on collision with a wall or barrier can knock out half your health and you have no way of healing aside from driving through water jets to put out engine fires. And when you finally do catch up with Stank Gum he continuously spawns mines so you can only squeeze off like one shot before they hit you and knock you back around the bend. And killing the other cars doesn't even help because they constantly respawn.

One of the things I really liked about Mad Max was the way that you effectively had regenerating health for your car in the form of Chumbucket and no matter how damaged your car got so long as you bailed within 5 seconds of its condition reaching zero it would be fine. The race strips all that out.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Morglon posted:

Black Flag was a loving great pirate game that got dragged down by all the forced assassin poo poo. Seriously just make something that focuses on that and I'll be there front and center and sink ungodly amounts of time into it.

This was linked in the total warhammer thread earlier today, I'm holding out hope that it's like black flag but with more orcs and sea dragons or whatever.

Third person pirate/naval games are thin on the ground afaik.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Battlefield 4: My lord the story is loving awful. There are so many character deaths that the game plays sappy sad music over as if to cue me that I should feel sad now, except I barely even get to know any of these people cause they often die in the very same mission they were introduced. This has The Walking Dead 2 syndrome where they bring in new characters just to promptly kill them off and all I can think of when meeting new people is "So when are you gonna die?" People just dying doesn't effect me in a story when I don't even get to know the character, its like getting sad that Nameless Red Shirt #4 died.

Also you experience so many near deaths and situations where poo poo goes wrong that you just get jaded and think "So how will I miraculously survive this one?" whenever something happens.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Morglon posted:

Rebel Galaxy is basically the ship to ship combat of Black Flag, but in space and without boarding actions.

It is excellent.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The fishing minigame in Okami is abysmal. Nothing I do seems to affect the fish. There are also multiple times it's required and it always sucks. The rest of the game is great though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

can we just agree that's close enough, game

game please

I hate these so much

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A good majority of those have obvious symmetrical solutions and obvious single pieces which go in the middle.

I liked those so much that I played the mini game that was exclusively those tile puzzles

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I hate these so much

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354590899
Here you go buddy.
I fiddle with them for a few minutes and if it's clear I can't figure it out then here are all the answers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Krinkle posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354590899
Here you go buddy.
I fiddle with them for a few minutes and if it's clear I can't figure it out then here are all the answers.

COOL

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm refunding Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 because the tutorial system is poo poo. Unless you already know cars, the tutorial stops immediately after taking your first job. There's nothing along the lines of "Ok, you just got a job to do X, walk here and press a button on this part of the car" and work you through the process of doing your first job, in order to give you a working knowledge of the game's mechanics.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
More Talos Principle:

Somfin posted:

Personally I ended up quite enjoying our little chats, which led to me doubling down on a lot of my arguments until I drew him out into contradicting himself. The ending for that particular path has him showing up again and rather presumptively assuming that you understand his purpose- which kind of suggests that his purpose was designed, which means his whole fuckery aspect was an intentional part of that design. I did like his bit about how the only reason that you solved anything is that you're the latest in a rushed, underprepared brute-force algorithm and just happened to be the iteration that got through. Which was his way of saying "be careful out there, kid."

I think that his primary job is serving as a verbal test to accompany the logic and reasoning tests of Elohim's world- if the protagonist is going to be a viable replacement for humanity, they need to be able to figure out how to deal with little shits like Milton, without warning or preparation. Some of the discussions suggest that iterations have a tendency to go mad, or shut down when they run out of hope or hit a logical loop of some kind. Since Milton is maddening and deliberately loving with the player, I suspect his role is to deliberately drive iterations toward self-destruction, to make sure that they won't do that when it comes time to leave the matrix.

Interesting. I obviously ended up with a completely different angle on things, so I never ended up with a clear idea that Milton was deliberately designed to that extent but your interpretation is entirely sensible. I'm at a disadvantage here since I'm missing whatever the payoff is for the two tower endings and I haven't played the game in months, so I'm super rusty on the details. Though I suppose it's theoretically possible for both our interpretations to co-exist, with Elohim and Milton "naturally" coming to fill their niches within the program in some fashion, but really that's just me playing around with half-remembered concepts than anything substantive.

Also those tetronimo puzzles are fascinating, because I either solve them in no time flat or agonize over them for half an hour or more. I'm honestly not sure if I like them or hate them.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Jan 3, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Maigius posted:

The fishing minigame in Okami is abysmal. Nothing I do seems to affect the fish. There are also multiple times it's required and it always sucks. The rest of the game is great though.

Fishing minigames are almost always bullshit but Japan is an island nation built around fishing so they're going to keep cramming it into their games whether we like it or not.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maigius posted:

It's really easy though and the best way to earn money in that game? Are you playing the wii version or something? Maybe they changed it for the newer versions but I can't remember ever having issues with it on the PS2. What really got me about Okami was the last block guy. gently caress him.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

It's really easy though and the best way to earn money in that game? Are you playing the wii version or something? Maybe they changed it for the newer versions but I can't remember ever having issues with it on the PS2. What really got me about Okami was the last block guy. gently caress him.

IIRC it's one of those things that's kind of unintuitive but becomes simple once you figure out the trick to it. Still tedious as hell, though.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Nuebot posted:

What really got me about Okami was the last block guy. gently caress him.

Ugh, that guy. Is there even a way to beat him legitimately, without a camera? Or do they really just expect you to be some kind of Simon Says grandmaster?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

PubicMice posted:

Ugh, that guy. Is there even a way to beat him legitimately, without a camera? Or do they really just expect you to be some kind of Simon Says grandmaster?

I traced the path on the TV screen with a (washable) marker. That was a CRT though, I don't know what a marker would do to a modern screen.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Gitro posted:

This was linked in the total warhammer thread earlier today, I'm holding out hope that it's like black flag but with more orcs and sea dragons or whatever.

Third person pirate/naval games are thin on the ground afaik.

Ubisoft loves sequels so much, I'm surprised they didn't just spin off Black Flag into it's own franchise, leaving all the AC stuff behind. It's very, vary rare to hear people praise the overarching plot of the series. Everyone just wants to be a historical jerk. If they'd just go back and do a pirate-themed game, with a less-lovely control/combat/parkour system it'd surely be successful. Maybe someone else will come along and do it right. I'd love to see a Batman-quality pirate game.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
:sigh: why is it that I always find refund-justifiable things about games after the refund period?

Rebel Galaxy is a flight sim whose difficulty is all over the place, made worse by a save system that autosaves so punitively that it's best to manually 'save' by backing up files. An 'average' mission can be a clusterfuck of enemies the broadsides/turret combat simply can't handle (would you like to know where the nearest enemy craft is? :lol, you're going to target something miles away just as often as the thing right next to you):, while a supposedly more difficult mission can be a cakewalk. Or on the way to a mission, the game decides to plop said clusterfuck on top of you.

And above all that, the game is grindy as gently caress. Imagine playing Freelancer, and the third mission literally tells you "This mission is Very Hard, grind side missions for an hour to set it to Hard instead". This actually happens in Rebel Galaxy.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:22 on Jan 3, 2016

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I played Assassin's Creed: Rogue and enjoyed it until the first modern-day section in the Ubisoft studio or whatever, and I instantly lost all interest. Who the gently caress decided that should be a thing in this series? What the gently caress is wrong to sticking to assassin-y stuff?

Shadow of Mordor is infinitely better.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I felt the same way about the game studio sequences in Black Flag (the only AssCreed I've played) and just couldn't wait for them to be over so I could get back to being a motherfuckin pirate.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That's normal, they always suck. Usually they're fairly short though so it doesn't get too bad but they really didn't need those.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Hey, faceless clipboard dude controls more reliably than any other assassin's creed protagonist I've seen.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I've really been enjoying Valkyria Chronicles since my friend gave it to me as a Christmas present. I'd never really looked at it before, but it's got a lot going on with it that I like.

But good lord the Battle of Barious. I don't think I've ever hit a wall this hard in any game I've ever played, it takes 'unfair' to whole new levels. Your job is to take out a fuckoff-huge tank bristling with turrets. It's got the classic 'wait for exposed weak points, hit it three times' structure, but the fact it's in a turn-based strategy game makes that setup extremely grueling. The fact the whole thing is armored (including the turrets that'll be peppering you whenever you get close) means that the only members of your squad that'll be doing much at all are your Lancers and tank, but they're also the least reliable ways to actually land a hit.

AND THEN when two of the three weak spots are down, the game spawns an invincible and highly-powered enemy soldier that will try her hardest to murder anything she sees. So you've gotta deal with that while the enemy tank takes its sweet goddamn time making its way down to the next wall so it can reveal its third weak spot. And after you've done all that you have to take down the actual tank; I haven't managed that part yet, because the invincible soldier rips my offensive force to shreds just by virtue of existing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Valkyria Chronicles was good but yeah the dumb gimmick battles just get more and more frequent and really drag it down. Barious is the toughest, but unfortunately the worst is yet to come.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Cleretic posted:

I've really been enjoying Valkyria Chronicles since my friend gave it to me as a Christmas present. I'd never really looked at it before, but it's got a lot going on with it that I like.

But good lord the Battle of Barious. I don't think I've ever hit a wall this hard in any game I've ever played, it takes 'unfair' to whole new levels. Your job is to take out a fuckoff-huge tank bristling with turrets. It's got the classic 'wait for exposed weak points, hit it three times' structure, but the fact it's in a turn-based strategy game makes that setup extremely grueling. The fact the whole thing is armored (including the turrets that'll be peppering you whenever you get close) means that the only members of your squad that'll be doing much at all are your Lancers and tank, but they're also the least reliable ways to actually land a hit.

AND THEN when two of the three weak spots are down, the game spawns an invincible and highly-powered enemy soldier that will try her hardest to murder anything she sees. So you've gotta deal with that while the enemy tank takes its sweet goddamn time making its way down to the next wall so it can reveal its third weak spot. And after you've done all that you have to take down the actual tank; I haven't managed that part yet, because the invincible soldier rips my offensive force to shreds just by virtue of existing.

The trick to dealing with the invincible soldier is keeping your troops out of her line of sight. After spawning, she'll make her way to the boss tank's side, and she will indeed murder everything in her way. However, once she's reached the tank, she'll stay near its side, and she won't actively hunt down your troops. As long as you keep something between her and your troops - like your own tank, or the boss tank itself - you don't have to worry about her too much. I think I beat this mission by filling the trench near the second base with three lancers, one scout (to quickly disable the third weak spot), and an engineer (for refilling ammo). The Edelweiss was parked near the second camp, facing west; all the non-invincible troops would rush down the central trench and get mowed down by the Edelweiss' machine gun. The invincible soldier was constantly attacking the Edelweiss, but as long as she doesn't hit the radiator she does hardly any damage against tanks. I also had some troops at the final camp, though I'm not sure if I actually needed them.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Christ that fight was so bad. The first time I played it, I parked my tank on top of the first camp and slowly plinked away at all the little turrets with lancers while an engineer repaired the damage the tank took every turn. I had already killed every other soldier so every enemy turn was just attack order, shoot my tank, end turn. I thought I had found a clever little AI glitch, but it turns out I was just running down my own time limit. The worst of it was the display for "shots to kill" says 4 if you aim a lancer shot at its weak points even if they're closed, so after I took a few shots at them and did no damage I had to look up a walkthrough to figure out what I was missing. By that point I was on like turn 15 and ended up having to retry.

I got it on the second try, but I had to have Scouts do marathons picking up the wounded every time Selvaria took a turn to not lose anyone. It's been like two weeks and I'm still mad.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, the fight is complete bullshit, especially since just one or two missed shots from your Lancers can make the difference between victory and defeat. There is however one thing that makes a huge difference: Once the weak points are exposed, you don't have to destroy them with Lancer shots. Instead, you can just climb up the side with a Scout and lob a grenade into the hole on the top to destroy them with a single hit. That alone removes a huge headache and leaves your Lancers free to kill the smaller turrets.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I played Assassin's Creed: Rogue and enjoyed it until the first modern-day section in the Ubisoft studio or whatever, and I instantly lost all interest. Who the gently caress decided that should be a thing in this series? What the gently caress is wrong to sticking to assassin-y stuff?

Shadow of Mordor is infinitely better.

i stopped playing ac games after brotherhood. are they worse than ac 1 where all you do is jankily walk from two different rooms and read emails?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I like the modern day stuff...but I enjoy conspiracy fiction so that helps.

Sadly they stopped having fun with the conspiracy stuff post revelations or so.

On the plus side, unity and syndicate have no modern day game play elements at all so there's that?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Until Dawn's "butterfly effect" gimmick is interesting in theory but the writers couldn't be bothered to make it actually work. If you're not familiar, it's a slasher-film adventure game that has a fairly deep branching storyline and the major beats of the story are affected by the hundred or so minor and major decisions you make throughout the game. The interesting part is that very big things in the story can be changed, even stuff you would swear they had to set in stone to make the story work.

On paper it sounds great but the decisions you make affect the outcome of events so opaquely there is no possible way to figure out what caused a particular story branch. Not to mention there are a few false choices (would happen a certain way no matter what you did) to muddle the logic. Even looking at a guide and seeing the exact series of events that have to occur to get a particular outcome you want to just shake your head. They're so arbitrary. There are no "save the person" vs "run away" choices that determine whether a person lives or dies - instead it's stuff like "looked at the painting" vs "talked to the doggy" three hours earlier and whether or not you complimented a lady before or after you lit a fire. That's not a real example because spoilers but you get the idea. Long story short there are no "oh I see why this happened, guess I shouldn't have done X" moments when something goes wrong. It's more like "why the gently caress did that happen" and never being able to figure out, meaning that the object of the game is evidently multiple playthroughs using nothing but trial and error to get different endings.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Action Tortoise posted:

i stopped playing ac games after brotherhood. are they worse than ac 1 where all you do is jankily walk from two different rooms and read emails?

I'd say the biggest issue is that nowadays it's obvious that there will never be a satisfying conclusion so the modern day stuff seems completely pointless.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
THE END! No moral.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Kennel posted:

I'd say the biggest issue is that nowadays it's obvious that there will never be a satisfying conclusion so the modern day stuff seems completely pointless.

The only satisfying parts about the present day stuff is the three "actual-modern-day-assassin" missions from 3.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MisterBibs posted:

:sigh: why is it that I always find refund-justifiable things about games after the refund period?

Because now that there's a 2hour waiting period before you can refund a game, basically, games at the minimum will make their first two hours playable then gently caress off for the rest of it. Even fallout 4, the first two hours depending on how fast you run through it, are a cool scripted battle through a museum with power armor and a deathclaw and a minigun and bang, zoom fun. Then you're left with no power in your armor and no bullets in your gun and a big empty boring world made of bugs and you can't refund it.

Anyway I was really looking forward to Dragon Quest Heroes because I love the series. Turns out drat near every story mission in that game is an escort quest and the gameplay is even more shallow than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nuebot posted:

Because now that there's a 2hour waiting period before you can refund a game, basically, games at the minimum will make their first two hours playable then gently caress off for the rest of it. Even fallout 4, the first two hours depending on how fast you run through it, are a cool scripted battle through a museum with power armor and a deathclaw and a minigun and bang, zoom fun. Then you're left with no power in your armor and no bullets in your gun and a big empty boring world made of bugs and you can't refund it.

Anyway I was really looking forward to Dragon Quest Heroes because I love the series. Turns out drat near every story mission in that game is an escort quest and the gameplay is even more shallow than I expected.

Well it is a Dynasty Warriors game.