Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EvilGenius posted:

1. Write down all your bills.
2. Write down your monthly pay.
3. Subtract your bills from your monthly pay. If the amount of negative, look again at your bills and see if to can cut back on anything.
4. Realise you haven't taken into account that you need to eat.
5. Realise you can't really cut back on anything, you just don't earn enough, but there are no jobs around and the chance of a promotion is zero.
6. Kill yourself.

Uhh, I thought step 6 was "Work Harder"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
No it's "eat the rich"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

No, its die in poverty.

I thought goons had a handle on how america worked.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
And god forbid you try and have a little fun to distract you from your endless misery

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ambitious Spider posted:

And god forbid you try and have a little fun to distract you from your endless misery

Thats where drug addicts and other wastes of life come from!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Single mother living from paycheck to paycheck, can't even make ends meet on a full-time job, about to lose everything, can't even feed your kid, decide to try getting some welfare?

WHERE ARE THE DRUGS, WELFARE QUEEN. PISS INTO THIS CUP SO THAT WE CAN KNOW IF YOU'RE A DRUGGIE OR NOT. ANSWER: YOU ARE A DRUGGIE BECAUSE YOU'RE POOR. HOW'S THE CADILLAC WORKING OUT FOR YOU, HUH? BET YOU HAVE TWENTY OTHER KIDS YOU WANT US TO FEED, YOU LAZY BITCH. WHY DON'T YOU GET A REAL JOB. HA HA HA

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

goose fleet posted:

Single mother living from paycheck to paycheck, can't even make ends meet on a full-time job, about to lose everything, can't even feed your kid, decide to try getting some welfare?

WHERE ARE THE DRUGS, WELFARE QUEEN. PISS INTO THIS CUP SO THAT WE CAN KNOW IF YOU'RE A DRUGGIE OR NOT. ANSWER: YOU ARE A DRUGGIE BECAUSE YOU'RE POOR. HOW'S THE CADILLAC WORKING OUT FOR YOU, HUH? BET YOU HAVE TWENTY OTHER KIDS YOU WANT US TO FEED, YOU LAZY BITCH. WHY DON'T YOU GET A REAL JOB. HA HA HA

:patriot:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

goose fleet posted:

:smithicide:

VirgilCannot
Jan 1, 2014
http://imgur.com/gallery/9747604

quote:

The problem is, pokemon were important to me. You? Your gender identity, pronouns, name, whatever. That's not important to me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not caring about strangers is a time honored tradition and I'm glad that at least some people are keeping it alive.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Straight white cis males are the only people you can discriminate against anymore!

But lol gently caress the trans for wanting to be called by different pronouns.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

You can't really get offended by internet autists not feeling empathy imo, their emotions are strictly confined to whatever media outlet they're currently obsessed with

That said collecting gender identities sounds a lot less fun than collecting pokemon

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

This falls under nerds not being able to relate to real life without it being through the lens of pop culture, so it's a flawed foundation to start with.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

kinmik posted:

It's an installation found on most military bases, an Enlisted Club. Think of it as a kind of YMCA that holds events ranging from kid's Halloween parties to a military member's promotion ceremony.

If this dude is in the military that just makes it more funny. 99% chance his wife is loving other dudes on the reg.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

goose fleet posted:

My friend used to live in house shared with a single mother who used drugs. Often he would be burdened with the child as she took too much drug or alcohol to handle the child. He was a good person, he felt pity and took the child to be cared for. She left one day suddenly when the father return to collect the child, now she probably neglect the child without my honest friend. Do not defend the irresponsible parent who do drug.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shayu posted:

My friend used to live in house shared with a single mother who used drugs. Often he would be burdened with the child as she took too much drug or alcohol to handle the child. He was a good person, he felt pity and took the child to be cared for. She left one day suddenly when the father return to collect the child, now she probably neglect the child without my honest friend. Do not defend the irresponsible parent who do drug.

Where did they defend drug users in that post? No where? Okay.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Shayu posted:

They need to do way instain mother who do drug.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mans posted:

you guys want money tips? easy!

http://imgur.com/gallery/F5Wbb

1-have a thousand dollars in reserve
2-pay off all debt
3-three to six months worth of wages in your bank account
4-get enough money for a retirement and a college fund
5-pay off your house

If i had all that monye i wouldn't be needing money advise.

You'd be surprised how many well-off people are tremendous dumbasses when it comes to money. That technique has been around for a while and isn't a magical "solve all your money problems like magic" thing but rather "this is how you be non-stupid with money." It doesn't help people living in poverty obviously but for other folks it's like "hey maybe you should have a budget and pay your drat credit cards off, yeah?"

It's really useful advice for people who haven't the faintest idea how to handle money. It's baffling how many people borrow every cent that somebody will lend them, make minimum payments forever, then lament that they have no money. Well no loving poo poo, genius, you already were paying $1,250 a month on credit card interest alone then you borrowed money to buy a car.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Shayu posted:

Source your quotes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Klaus88 posted:

Source your quotes.

It's a boring gimmick.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If this dude is in the military that just makes it more funny. 99% chance his wife is loving other dudes on the reg.

Um, no because he trust they she'll never be alone with a man. If she's with a man she has to tell! It's the rules!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Good thing gangbangs are a loophole

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh dear god I hope this is a STDH and not some really hosed up attempt to get internet attention
http://imgur.com/gallery/GAj9x1P

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twistedmentat posted:

Oh dear god I hope this is a STDH and not some really hosed up attempt to get internet attention

How many memories do you have from when you were 3? None? That's right because a 3 year old doesn't have a real brain and can't remember poo poo and this person is lying about some hosed up poo poo for fake points.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

kazil posted:

How many memories do you have from when you were 3? None? That's right because a 3 year old doesn't have a real brain and can't remember poo poo and this person is lying about some hosed up poo poo for fake points.

Not just that, but three year olds are clumsy and weak and have short arms. A kid that age being able to reach through the bars of a crib and flip a baby over is pretty improbable.

Renaming accounts on imgur is so easy, I'm thinking this is another pump and dump sleeper account. Or somebody winning a "lol look what I got imgur to believe" game on another corner of the internet.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Even if it is an honest account, it could just as likely be a false memory the guy developed to cope with his parent's divorce. He seems pretty fixated on blaming himself for ruining their happiness.

Of course, the most likely possibility is that it is just bullshit.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You'd be surprised how many well-off people are tremendous dumbasses when it comes to money. That technique has been around for a while and isn't a magical "solve all your money problems like magic" thing but rather "this is how you be non-stupid with money." It doesn't help people living in poverty obviously but for other folks it's like "hey maybe you should have a budget and pay your drat credit cards off, yeah?"

It's really useful advice for people who haven't the faintest idea how to handle money. It's baffling how many people borrow every cent that somebody will lend them, make minimum payments forever, then lament that they have no money. Well no loving poo poo, genius, you already were paying $1,250 a month on credit card interest alone then you borrowed money to buy a car.

You're right, there's a whole class of person out there with more money than sense. When you have money, you stop having to evaluate every single purchase you make, and that's pretty liberating actually. Need a HDMI cable? Just go to the nearest shop that sells them. Doesn't matter that they're $100 gimmick ones, and another store has them for $10, cos to a rich guy that's like quibbling over 50¢. You're only hurting yourself in the long term, which is harder to see than blowing your monthly utility bill money on cable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Not just that, but three year olds are clumsy and weak and have short arms. A kid that age being able to reach through the bars of a crib and flip a baby over is pretty improbable.

Renaming accounts on imgur is so easy, I'm thinking this is another pump and dump sleeper account. Or somebody winning a "lol look what I got imgur to believe" game on another corner of the internet.

Probably fake as hell, but for what it's worth if I was responsible for killing a baby sibling I'd probably tell people I was younger than I actually was so they'd go "Oh, well you were only three, you couldn't have known!" because if you tell people you were eight and you did that, they'd probably be a touch less sympathetic.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

Probably fake as hell, but for what it's worth if I was responsible for killing a baby sibling I'd probably tell people I was younger than I actually was so they'd go "Oh, well you were only three, you couldn't have known!" because if you tell people you were eight and you did that, they'd probably be a touch less sympathetic.

That is a good and horrible point. Let's go back to the part where we convince ourselves it's fake.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Peanut President posted:

No it's "eat the rich"

RIP Lemmy

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

twistedmentat posted:

On the plus side, imgur makes it nice and easy to scroll straight to negatively rated comments, which often make for decent comedy on posts like this.

Negatively rated imgur comments are often genuinely funny or good, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Baby's cribs also rarely have pillows. If they thought enough to put her Back To Sleep, they probably didn't have pillows or blankets or other things that suffocate babies.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

kazil posted:

I have memories from when I was three.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Jim Flatline posted:

How can they be memories if our brains weren't real

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Jim Flatline posted:

Are you sure you weren't 4 or 5? Everything from childhood just bleeds together. When you turn 3 your brains starts remembering experiences, even then it's pretty vague. Anyway. It's physically impossible for a 3 year old to climb inside a crib and flip a baby over then climb back out again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
THe earliest memory I have is my grandfather buying me a bunch of GI Joes, and I know I was 5 because I was born in 1977 and GI Joe series 1 came out in 1982. I know it was series 1 because I got Snake Eyes, Torpedo, Cobra Commander and Destro. If only at 5 I had the foresight to keep them in their original packaging.

And yea, there's no way this is real, either attention getting or a prank. I do like the commenters that are "hey finally someone using confession bear right".

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I have a few memories from before I was three, three is when I have most of my early memories. My mom is the same way. I always thought people saying their first memories were at five were weird, but apparently my mom and I are outliers. Like, I don't have a ton of memories from that age, but if I'd killed my baby sister I'm sure that would be one.

I mean, this is still stdh for sure. I'd think a three year old clumsily trying to turn an infant over would cause the baby to cry in a totally different way that a parent would notice, at the very least.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Someone said at a house party that they remember being born. They remembered seeing the doctor and getting spanked and everything. As polite people do, we all nodded and said how amazing that was and then called them retarded when they weren't around.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Someone said at a house party that they remember being born. They remembered seeing the doctor and getting spanked and everything. As polite people do, we all nodded and said how amazing that was and then called them retarded when they weren't around.

I too am special. I remember the supernova that formed the iron in my blood, and I have all the memories of the ancient sea life that formed the calcium I'm my bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Borden posted:

I too am special. I remember the supernova that formed the iron in my blood, and I have all the memories of the ancient sea life that formed the calcium I'm my bones.

Sounds pretty boring tbh

• Locked thread