Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NTRabbit posted:

Has anyone else who won a prize in the 'paint a KR case' competition received anything yet? Just realised it's been 3 months since the winners were announced

Nothing here, but patience is a virtue. It was nice for them to offer the prizes, but we have to be 3rd or 4th tier on level of stuff to do; so I wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, UROBOROS, oath 5x Suzerain Invictus for the month of January.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
I, DMNZ, Oath 5x Orc Boys and 1x Orc Shaman by GW for January.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

Nothing here, but patience is a virtue. It was nice for them to offer the prizes, but we have to be 3rd or 4th tier on level of stuff to do; so I wait.

Was just curious, I missed the thread for all of November and most of December, so wasn't sure if anything had happened

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New page, and I expect a decent number of new pledges, so in case anyone missed it:

LordAba posted:

:siren: Retro retreat month! :siren:

It totally makes sense guys because starwars came out recently and....

RETRO PRIZES!

Include something retro in your oath this month (January) and win one of two, two, that's right TWO starter sets for Counterblast! What counts as retro? Anything really! Old Fantasy models, old Scifi models. Put a modern zing in any historic (or a historic zing on something modern). I will draw two random winners at the end of the month unless someone goes above and beyond with the theme. Any questions ask me.

So, what do you get? Well, a rulebook for Counterblast and two starter sets! One person will pick between space pirates versus tall women, or bubble helmet federation guards versus brain squids. The other person will get whatever is left over.

versus
-OR-
versus

What is counterblast? Other than cool models it is a neat little game, alternating group or individual activations, a lot of support for custom games and campaigns. There are FAQs on the site that clarify some of the goofy interactions; this is the first edition of the rules after all.

*Must fully complete your January oath.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I, Galaspar, oath two Space Marines and one Space Marine Chaplain by GW

The chaplain is one of the very first, from 1988, so he's my entry for the Retro competition. As it happens, I'd been planning to paint him this month anyway.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 2 Necron warriors from GW and 1 kirin from Dark Sword Miniatures for the month of January.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 12 'ardboyz, Mad Dok Grotsnik, and 2 Meks for January

I took the picture yesterday and had to go before I could upload it; hope that's okay.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Two Umbra, two Fraacta, a Maakrep, and Ko Dali from Infinity, in 28mm.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, oath these ten Dreadball Crystallins
28mm, Mantic.

Translucent plastic - this is my first time painting the stuff, so it should be interesting - hopefully I won't screw this up!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath this PanO Nisse.
It is 28mm scale, made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

This is babby's first oath post. Did I do this right?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath Hestia Nostrello and Gregorio don Sissora, both from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard oath 3 Halflings and 1 Dwarf with No Name from Games Workshop, 1 Sniper from I forget, 1 Evil Wizard casting spell from Ral Partha (circa 1975).

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Hey. a question about saving the whales! Since I failed my last month's oath, can I attempt to save it in February? I'm preparing for a tournament and they are not part of my list, so I probably don't have time to get them finished this month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, hereby oath for the month December a Darksword Female Vyrkyl.

Ledgem posted:

Oathing for December: Extreme Carnivean from Privateer Press

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath addition 1 Yeti from Grenadier.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for December a Malifaux Ice Golem and three Ice Gamin

Lord Thrust posted:

I Lord Thrust Oath, for December 2015, one 28mm custom impaled Eldar from GW.If I get this done I'll claim the speed painting points. Day off Daddy-O!

Accepted! Sorry for the lateness, family/holiday stuff and all that.

pic + username tag!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Uroboros posted:

Oath Complete!

My November oath completion was missed.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, pledge for the month of January 2016 100 black numenorians and queen beruthial (evil men 10mm by yann hoarau), 6 walkers and 4 ground vehicles for dropzone commander by hawk games 10mm, and for the new great month challenge by LordAba I am painting something old. A 25mm beholder by Grenadier from 1980. I don't know for 100% certainty, but I am pretty sure this is the first mini of a beholder available commercially.

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, pledge for the month of January 2016 a Grenadier Phantom Stalker, a Reaper Miniatures Haunt, Malifaux Hamelin, and some sort of ghost butler from lord only knows where, but look at that little bowtie, man.

Gonna go for white on the various ghosts, which are also my retro stylin'.

R.S. Gumby posted:

R.S. Gumby oaths a small army of Libyan Egyptians, 31 models by Essex, in 15mm scale, and
Medieval Dismounted Knights, 20 models, by Corvus Belli, 15mm scale.

Electric Hobo posted:

Electric Hobo oaths 1 Frostgrave Cultist and 1 Chovar Psychic. From Northstar and Mantic.

Uroboros posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath 5x Suzerain Invictus for the month of January.

dmnz posted:

I, DMNZ, Oath 5x Orc Boys and 1x Orc Shaman by GW for January.

Galaspar posted:

For January I, Galaspar, oath two Space Marines and one Space Marine Chaplain by GW

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 2 Necron warriors from GW and 1 kirin from Dark Sword Miniatures for the month of January.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 12 'ardboyz, Mad Dok Grotsnik, and 2 Meks for January

Signal posted:

Oath!Two Umbra, two Fraacta, a Maakrep, and Ko Dali from Infinity, in 28mm.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, oath these ten Dreadball Crystallins
28mm, Mantic.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this PanO Nisse.
It is 28mm scale, made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

This is babby's first oath post. Did I do this right?
Looks like you did OK! Welcome to the thread! :)

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath Hestia Nostrello and Gregorio don Sissora, both from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm)

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard oath 3 Halflings and 1 Dwarf with No Name from Games Workshop, 1 Sniper from I forget, 1 Evil Wizard casting spell from Ral Partha (circa 1975).

NTRabbit posted:

Has anyone else who won a prize in the 'paint a KR case' competition received anything yet? Just realised it's been 3 months since the winners were announced
I will chase this, I'm sure it's not down to KR actually, to be honest! I shall keep everyone appraised...

LordAba posted:

:siren: Retro retreat month! :siren:

It totally makes sense guys because starwars came out recently and....

RETRO PRIZES!

Include something retro in your oath this month (January) and win one of two, two, that's right TWO starter sets for Counterblast! What counts as retro? Anything really! Old Fantasy models, old Scifi models. Put a modern zing in any historic (or a historic zing on something modern). I will draw two random winners at the end of the month unless someone goes above and beyond with the theme. Any questions ask me.

So, what do you get? Well, a rulebook for Counterblast and two starter sets! One person will pick between space pirates versus tall women, or bubble helmet federation guards versus brain squids. The other person will get whatever is left over.

versus
-OR-
versus

What is counterblast? Other than cool models it is a neat little game, alternating group or individual activations, a lot of support for custom games and campaigns. There are FAQs on the site that clarify some of the goofy interactions; this is the first edition of the rules after all.

*Must fully complete your January oath.

More awesomeness! Thanks a ton LordAba! I have a full KR case of models that would suit (not that I'm eligible), most of them need painting!

And I'm caught up! Again, many apologies for the lateness. I'll have the photo albums for months past up TODAY FOR SURE, DAMMIT, and we'll get caught up with all the judging as quick as we can.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Hey. a question about saving the whales! Since I failed my last month's oath, can I attempt to save it in February? I'm preparing for a tournament and they are not part of my list, so I probably don't have time to get them finished this month.

You should be good.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Well, this turned out weird.

I'm going to claim this month's theme challenge, because Nisses are wrapped up in long coats with nice fur collars.

Before.

After

It doesn't look nearly as cool and impressionistic in reality as it does in the full-size shots. :sigh:

I completed this guy in less than a day. Can I claim Speed Painting, or is that one really strict about the accepted deadline thing?

E: Probably help if I had the completed timestamp image in there too.

E2: Wait, why is my timestamp going backwards? Did I gently caress something up with the time website?

E3: Okay, clearly I did something wrong, since the UTC clock is at the same point on both images, which doesn't match the time in SST in either shot. Scratch speed painting, how do I fix this?

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 5, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I assume you just painted so fast that it defied the very fabric of time.
I have no idea what really happened, but if you just use this link http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx it should work.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Whoa, time travel itt!

Speaking of which, holy poo poo I didn't realize that the September Oaths hadn't been collected into an album. poo poo. I can only apologize again, I've been distracted and busy for a while. So here are the September and October photo albums, it's all I had time to collect together tonight. Please have a look through and if your Oaths are missing just shout up, I'll give everyone a few days before I pass them onto the Judges!

September Photo Album

October Photo Album

Thanks everyone for your patience.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath the female Rhapsodist from On the Lamb games (for Endless Fantasy Tactics, 28mm scale I think).

Only one model because I have to finish off a bunch of Wrath of Kings for Adepticon tournament fun times!

Tokimon
Mar 29, 2007
I, Tokimon oath these six 28mm Zombies from Mantics Dungeon Saga

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I, Ugleb for the month of January do oath two Apollo Walkers for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale by Hawk Wargames.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Krushgroove sorry but I think my September oath (and addition) is missing from the album. That or my eyes are failing.

Ugleb posted:

And additional oath complete!

I'm claiming the theme challenge too please. These are all taken directly from the Batman Arkham Asylum game and Victor Zsasz on the left there has appeared in the Gotham TV show in his pre-Asylum days. I was trying for something that was neither tones of black/grey/dark blue nor the typical Blackgate prison orange that is very common in the Batman game. I was shooting for grubby off-white straight jackets instead.

I did take loads more pics but they all turned out to be crap for some reason. I was trying to show Zsasz's 'marks' and my attempts at palid lunatic musculature but most the pics came out too damned blurry. My camera seemed to be struggling with the lighting and locking onto the lighter colours. :/

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for this please.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Alright, one more try. I am adding to my oath these three Nomad Alguaciles, from Corvus Belli, and this ancient-rear end Space Marine from my original, decades-old GW painting kit, both 28mm scale.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay, once more without timestamp shenanigans.

One completed Ultramarine. I hope this counts for speed painting, not that it's a terribly complex miniature, and since this particular piece of plastic is old enough to vote, I hope it counts for the retro challenge as well.

Shout at me if something is amiss.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath two kitbashed Dark Elf Shades and one Catachan trooper with a flamer. Everything is 28mm GW.

I went through my boxes to find the oldest unpainted model that I could potentially use in a game. Turns out it is this beefcake Catachan from 1994.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:orks:OATH COMPLETE!:orks:
Errybody:

Grotsnik and the Mekboyz:

'Ardboyz:

The theme for this month is the snow basing on all the boyz, as well as the winterized riot shield/Taurox door on that one 'Ardboy!

I'd like to claim the Retro Challenge Thing for the Mekboyz. They're Spanner Boyz from Gorkamorka, and their tabs say 1997. Almost 20 years old is pretty retro I'd say! I would have liked to go full on Oldhammer for this challenge, but I don't have a ton of time for the rest of the month.

More pictures are in the 40k and painting threads for anyone interested.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2016:
1 Dwarf from Hasslefree
1 Ancestral Guardian from Titan Forge
1 Familiar from Citadel Miniatures

All 28mm. May be more to come later.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo oaf 8 goblin and orc figures from Dungeon Saga from Mantic, 28mm.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Because I finally found a 'retro' model (does 20-odd years old count?)...

I, LazyAngel oath one NSL Heavy Cruiser from Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games

...once I've cleaned up the mold lines. Obviously I didn't understand such things back then.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Ancestral Guardian

Familiar - it's a pretty retro mini from the 80s

Dwarf - Tried for a white scheme for the Jurnal with hints of colour in the shading, it's meant to look kinda ghostly but not sure how well it turned out (as is it looks a bit more like a marble statue or something)

Together with the rest of the warband from last month

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath Complete!

Retro journal is this Catachan beefcake from 1994, or at least that's what the tag says. I'm pretty sure it didn't find it's way into my collection in 1994, I was not into hams when I was 6 (I started hamming when I was 8!).

Technical Journal are the two Dark Elf Shades kitbashed from Corsair and Wildwood Ranger bits. I'm pretty happy with the results, I will be making more of these guys.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies and one hero character in the month of January (all from Zombicide Black Plague by CMON, 28mm)

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Privateer Press' Sacral Vault, Epic Saeryn & Rhyas, and a blight wasp.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Technical Journal are the two Dark Elf Shades kitbashed from Corsair and Wildwood Ranger bits. I'm pretty happy with the results, I will be making more of these guys.

These dudes look like they're from Assassin's Creed, and that's awesome.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following in the rear end-cold month of January: (1) Caribbean Pirate Ship (Revell, 1:72) and (1) Cairn Wraith (GW, 28mm). The boat is only partly assembled and still on sprues; the wraith is zenithal primed.

The link to the original pic is here in case the thumbnail is too small to read.
(I might jump in on the retro challenge, if I can find one of my old minis that isn't broken. :( )

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I Bavius do oath 20 Skitarri Vanguard (Games Workshop 28mm) for January 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone is good so far, but keep in mind retro doesn't just mean old, but in imitation of the old. Granted I did say old models in my post, so whatever! :)

I think next time I'm going to go really abstract. Avant Garde challenge for February!

• Locked thread