Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Medullah posted:

You use outfit designer

For example, my Juggernaut is now an evil Disney Queen.

Please tell me that throne is not a stronghold item!

I'm wrapping up the Jedi Consular storyline now - I think it may be the one I've enjoyed most of the Republic storylines, once you get past the abysmal chapter 1. Still, talk about missing an obvious opportunity... why no Esh-Ka companion? *grump*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Consular act 1 wasn't that bad (contrast Knight act 1) but it's totally disconnected from the entire rest of the story

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

Consular act 1 wasn't that bad (contrast Knight act 1) but it's totally disconnected from the entire rest of the story

Yeah, it's a bit wonky that way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Moreau posted:

Please tell me that throne is not a stronghold item!

I'm wrapping up the Jedi Consular storyline now - I think it may be the one I've enjoyed most of the Republic storylines, once you get past the abysmal chapter 1. Still, talk about missing an obvious opportunity... why no Esh-Ka companion? *grump*

Yeah it drops in Dread Palace.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

bonds0097 posted:

If you open your character panel (C), there is an 'Outfit' tab wherein you can assign gear to slots which only affects your appearance and does not change your stats. There's a tutorial for it in-game (however it is you access those, via codex or the question mark?), it's called the Outfit Designer.

Thanks. I guess I thought I would have to keep that gear in my inventory and would still get its stats.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah it drops in Dread Palace.

Ugh, now I gotta run Dread Palace like a 100 times... oh well, I need to memorise the council fight anyway

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Medullah posted:

You use outfit designer

What hat is that??????? :O

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

What hat is that??????? :O

Hallowed Gothic Headgear, rare drop from Oricon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moreau posted:

Ugh, now I gotta run Dread Palace like a 100 times... oh well, I need to memorise the council fight anyway

I don't think it's BoP so just watch the GTN for Dreadful Throne. It's not a HM only drop so not too uncommon. I do laugh that we've literally had that throne on our ship for a year and a half and you're just now noticing it.

PvP question - does AOE taunt still offer 30% protection if players don't attack you now that it's an agro dump in DPS spec? I know single target taunt still does.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Might be a dumb question, but I just started playing this game a few days ago and I'm confused about the way flashpoints work.

Do ALL flashpoints boost you to level 65? When I try to use the group finder, the only option I have is Tactical Flashpoints. Can I use the group finder to find non-tactical ones?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Might be a dumb question, but I just started playing this game a few days ago and I'm confused about the way flashpoints work.

Do ALL flashpoints boost you to level 65? When I try to use the group finder, the only option I have is Tactical Flashpoints. Can I use the group finder to find non-tactical ones?

Ok, looking to grab the pvp gear to boost from the columni I am still wearing, and it appears that no matter what I do I lose a shitton of alacrity. Is this correct, and what set SHOULD I be looking at for lightning sorc stats now?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh, no, it wasn't even that so much...it's just in KotOR 1 or 2 you'd have parts you fought and parts you talked, and some of the parts you talked were pretty expansive and could play out different ways based on different factors, to the point where you could go a fair while without combat. KotFE just feels like hallway after hallway of fighting, which might be more engaging if combat weren't WoW-style, and what non-combat moments there are are all too brief.

Yeah, but it's an EA mmo so you can only get so much effort in actual content vs time spent coming up with ideas to nickle and dime players

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I apologize in advance because this probably comes up every few pages but I haven't found a good answer. Just spreadsheets about gifts. My question is about companions approving/disapproving to actions and dialogue choices. When a companion disapproves does it mean you don't gain optimal influence when the quest is over or do both responses raise influence equeally? IE, is being a total dick to a companion just as effective at raising influence as coddling them?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I apologize in advance because this probably comes up every few pages but I haven't found a good answer. Just spreadsheets about gifts. My question is about companions approving/disapproving to actions and dialogue choices. When a companion disapproves does it mean you don't gain optimal influence when the quest is over or do both responses raise influence equeally? IE, is being a total dick to a companion just as effective at raising influence as coddling them?

Pretty much yeah, you just gain a little less loyalty by pissing them off, but not enough to make a huge difference. Before they implemented this new system, it was 0/10000 affection instead of loyalty, and pissing them off in dialogue choices reduced the affection to maybe -2, and if it was a really important choice, it was around -300 or something.

I'm also really glad they had companion dialogue based on how far you got in the story. I didn't have the spirit or money to max out affection on more than one person per character.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Making them happy gives you 200 influence, pissing them off gives 50, and not doing either is the worst option, not helping at all.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

PvP question - does AOE taunt still offer 30% protection if players don't attack you now that it's an agro dump in DPS spec? I know single target taunt still does.

They're aggro drops in PvE but still taunts in PvP.

DPS not using Taunts is my pet peeve since they're off the GCD and cost no energy. If nothing else bind half your keyboard to them and slam your hand down every ten seconds.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

if nothing else bind half your keyboard to them and slam your hand down every ten seconds.

That's how I play all my PVP matches anyway.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I think I lost my Security Key in my move in the last two weeks (why I haven't been around), it's there a way I can swap to a phone authenticator? Guess I gotta call them, huh?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Nope, they're (mostly) all tactical now so that dps aren't stuck waiting for healers and tanks. You'll get level-appropriate XP and drops from bosses still, along with the data crystals from the dailies you can use to buy mods and such.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Medullah posted:

You use outfit designer

This is awesome.

Also, I'm gonna be asking for an invite on my BH eventually. Name will be Varlestra.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Everyone got those as a part of the Starfighter patch.
But what do I do with them?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

kalstrams posted:

You don't have to do anything with them, although if you want you can use them as free modifiable gear

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Fuzz posted:

I think I lost my Security Key in my move in the last two weeks (why I haven't been around), it's there a way I can swap to a phone authenticator? Guess I gotta call them, huh?

Try to login and use the right password but no key, and it'll ask you if you want to remove the key.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

You don't have to do anything with them, although if you want you can use them as free modifiable gear
Alright, I'll keep the boxes around for now then.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

kalstrams posted:

Plus they're bind on legacy which can be useful for ferrying mods to your alts (or just passing the gear itself around to anyone who can use it, since there's only one mainstat now and you have an outfit designer).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

kalstrams posted:

They're just free orange sets. Orange sets you can modify so that they can be best used at any level. Or you can just have them slotted into one of your outfit slots if you want to look like a pilot and still use the stats from your actual gear.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

They're just free orange sets. Orange sets you can modify so that they can be best used at any level. Or you can just have them slotted into one of your outfit slots if you want to look like a pilot and still use the stats from your actual gear.
I see. I'll look up stuff on modifying them, then.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

They're aggro drops in PvE but still taunts in PvP.

DPS not using Taunts is my pet peeve since they're off the GCD and cost no energy. If nothing else bind half your keyboard to them and slam your hand down every ten seconds.

Water is wet, fire is hot, and no one is going to even have taunt on their bars unless they are actively tanking.

LifePvP is suffering and existence is bleak.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The best time I ever had in PVP was doing sub-30 matches as a decently-geared guardian tank with a healer friend. People don't expect a tank in low-level PVP. They didn't know what the gently caress to do with us. At one point when I was defending a node I had a bunch of enemies just hovering around the outside afraid to step to me, and I was using emote taunts, like typing /taunt, daring them to try some poo poo. I kept getting medals for going undefeated for entire matches.

I feel like this wouldn't really work in "real" PVP but in lowbie matches it was hilarious!

Of course this was the same character that once misjudged an angle and force-pushed an enemy across my own goal line in huttball. That was hilarious in a different way.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

loving gently caress gently caress I've been back to playing this for the last couple months and had no idea the Outfit Designer was a thing.

Goddamnit the cool blues I've thrown away goddamnnnittttttttt

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The best time I ever had in PVP was doing sub-30 matches as a decently-geared guardian tank with a healer friend. People don't expect a tank in low-level PVP. They didn't know what the gently caress to do with us. At one point when I was defending a node I had a bunch of enemies just hovering around the outside afraid to step to me, and I was using emote taunts, like typing /taunt, daring them to try some poo poo. I kept getting medals for going undefeated for entire matches.

I feel like this wouldn't really work in "real" PVP but in lowbie matches it was hilarious!

Of course this was the same character that once misjudged an angle and force-pushed an enemy across my own goal line in huttball. That was hilarious in a different way.

I not only works in max-level but is essentially required for ranked pvp!

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Water is wet, fire is hot, and no one is going to even have taunt on their bars unless they are actively tanking.

LifePvP is suffering and existence is bleak.

I use taunts on my hatred sin :smuggo:

Whether or not I am able to phase walk back to safety successfully afterwards is another story

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to get your companions back after starting KoFE?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Robo Reagan posted:

Yes. After you get to Odessen and get set up, head near the commander's data pad. That room has a little hologram map, and this thing lets you manually pick which of your original companions you want back.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Robo Reagan posted:

Not until the end of Chapter 9, as far as I know. Once you've built the Alliance headquarters on Odessen you can go to the Commander's quarters inside the base (near Hylo Visz) and there's a terminal you can use to recover all your pre-KOTFE companions.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I not only works in max-level but is essentially required for ranked pvp!

Well, what I meant by "wouldn't work" is "wouldn't throw the other team into a panic and unbalance the game." People doing ranked probably know how to deal with PvP tanks. I'm sure if you're good at it you can be a star player, though.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Finished the Imperial Agent storyline -- that was fun. Fairly by the numbers and expected a few elements to play into the immediate story far more than they did, particularly given the revelations from Tattooine (Hunter is a woman? That's it?), but it could have been worse.

Re: the ending - Does Darth Jadus have a role to play in the expansions or something? Handed off the conspirators' little black book to random lackeys who turn up once the shooting is done, get promoted to head of an organisation that doesn't exist yet and then fly off into the sunset. That was... kind of a poo poo ending.

Sith Inquistor next, I think!

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm playing this for the first time. Focusing more on single player. If I purchase the one-time subscription will I have access to everything once it expires?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

reagan posted:

I'm playing this for the first time. Focusing more on single player. If I purchase the one-time subscription will I have access to everything once it expires?

Not everything, but you keep the expansions and stuff so it's worth it to do it once. A lot of cosmetic options aren't available as a nonsubscriber unless you unlock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Great. I've tried the referral link in the OP but the site tells me that my account is not eligible.

• Locked thread