Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Blackheart posted:

One of my favorite recent Vinny moments was when Austin played king of dragon pass with him and he just loses it when the duck messenger shows up

honestly, thats one of my favorite quick looks of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

In Training posted:

The way they talk about Bloodborne is sad

They're not wrong, grinding blood vials loving sucked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had to grind for blood vials like twice in 100 hours of the game and it took all of 10 or 15 minutes. It's a pretty insane reason to cut it completely

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I've had to grind for blood vials like twice in 100 hours of the game and it took all of 10 or 15 minutes. It's a pretty insane reason to cut it completely

Agree but like 5 mins

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Bloodborne was great but I can get why they didn't enjoy it

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't have to grind blood vials if you're good :smug:

Also you can just like, buy them for pretty cheap instead of killing those two orges in Yarnam like everyone seems to do.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cmykjester posted:

Don't have to grind blood vials if you're good :smug:

Also you can just like, buy them for pretty cheap instead of killing those two orges in Yarnam like everyone seems to do.

yea that whole area between bridge lantern and the main yarnham lantern are where i would harvest blood vials. you get 6 from those two wolves and usually 6 from the 3 ogres in that area (the one on the bridge and the two down below). plus the guys in the house usually drop one or two. so thats 13- 15 right there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My spot was the forbidden woods lantern. Across the bridge and down into the path with like 5 or 6 dudes and 2 wolves. I would get like 8 or 9 drops and enough souls to buy 5 more every time

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Not to mention literally everyone had issues with The Witcher's controls which didn't improve much after the patch. Plus with one or two exceptions people didn't seem to enjoy the combat in TW3. It just seemed like they felt it deserved something even though not a single one of them played through the whole thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Verisimilidude posted:

Not to mention literally everyone had issues with The Witcher's controls which didn't improve much after the patch. Plus with one or two exceptions people didn't seem to enjoy the combat in TW3. It just seemed like they felt it deserved something even though not a single one of them played through the whole thing.

By not playing all of it they think its all bloody baron quests for 100 hours.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles per Austin Walker's suggestion and why does every jrpg have to be an impenetrable mess?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

why you call that man by his full name like youre his momma. maybe you should post about it in games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. Brad is so salty about Mario Maker.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

he really is. and for no reason because its not like he is trying to push for something else

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Lol. Brad is so salty about Mario Maker.

i thought it was a great game but it wasnt my number one. his reasoning though is real bad.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

contrary to what Mr brad thinks, mario maker is in fact good and totally worth being a game of the year

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

its like a love letter to one of the best series of all time and captures everything that is awesome about video games. Nintendo still gets it and that makes me happy. I guess if I had Dota and Destiny AIDS it would probably make me mad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if there was a savage rear end raid boss DLC added to Mario Maker it would've been his #1

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Bowser drops a purple grenade launcher at the end of 8-4. GOTY

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

get your four end-stage dances pack for only 19.99

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mario maker is one of my favourite games of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

mario maker is one of my favourite games of all time

When it came out I thought "well this is pretty neat" and then played MGSV for 6 hours a day for a month. But after I pulled myself out of that fugue state I've been playing 8 Mario levels a day every day after work and we now live in a world where you can do this for the rest of your life. It's quickly becoming one of my all time favorites as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just spent 40 minutes trying to shave 1.5 seconds off my personal best time on a random level I found and feel really good about it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

When it came out I thought "well this is pretty neat" and then played MGSV for 6 hours a day for a month. But after I pulled myself out of that fugue state I've been playing 8 Mario levels a day every day after work and we now live in a world where you can do this for the rest of your life. It's quickly becoming one of my all time favorites as well

if mario maker was the only good game on the wiiu buying the mario maker bundle is still an insane bargain

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

yea that whole area between bridge lantern and the main yarnham lantern are where i would harvest blood vials. you get 6 from those two wolves and usually 6 from the 3 ogres in that area (the one on the bridge and the two down below). plus the guys in the house usually drop one or two. so thats 13- 15 right there

You had to grind blood vials? Git gud. :smug:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jeff arguing from a place of optimism and hope regarding Fallout 4 made me really confused.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fumaofthelake posted:

Jeff arguing from a place of optimism and hope regarding Fallout 4 made me really confused.

Sometimes you just don't want to realize the games industry is as bad as it is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I always thought Austin was kind of a try hard shitter but listening to him shutdown Dan and Brad and preach for that spy game was ownage.

Soral
May 30, 2009

austin went from my least favourite bomber to among my favourite bombers over the course of this goty

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

austin went from my least favourite bomber to among my favourite bombers over the course of this goty

yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never had an opinion of him since I never really experienced any of his content before the GOTYs, but he is p sweet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Soral posted:

I liked when he gently apologized for speaking over the group.. he's a purestrain sweetie.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never had an opinion of him since I never really experienced any of his content before the GOTYs, but he is p sweet.

there's some good vinny/austin quick looks, and he's the only one of them besides maybe jason who has ever really loved jrpgs and other good stuff like that

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the QLs for king of dragon pass and poly bridge are great, and the latter contains one of the greatest Austin laughs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

the QLs for king of dragon pass and poly bridge are great, and the latter contains one of the greatest Austin laughs

lol the poly bridge one is awesome

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
been watching the gbeast Contradiction vids. Good stuff

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

The Milkman posted:

been watching the gbeast Contradiction vids. Good stuff

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
you should track down the beastcast where they receive a special email from the contradiction guys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jenks ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqnFq3b3d0I