Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It just looks to me like there's both black smoke and white smoke. The white smoke is shown circling the Stormtrooper and the black smoke comes from Dabi. Probably know for sure next week.

EDIT: Man that guy with sunglasses is really creepy. Bulging wide open eyes. Ugh.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want that psycho schoolgirl villain to become infatuated with Bakugou because Bakugou hasn't had any girls interested in him so far and it seems like having him interact with a crazy person that is oblivious to/doesn't care about Bakugou's ridiculous outburts would be entertaining.

I know she is a Stain fangirl, but that doesn't mean she can't also end up liking Bakugou. He has sort of the same anti-hero thing going on.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LostRook posted:

It just looks to me like there's both black smoke and white smoke. The white smoke is shown circling the Stormtrooper and the black smoke comes from Dabi. Probably know for sure next week.

This is what I saw too, yeah. There's a clear difference between Dabi's smoke and the poison, and Dabi burning one part of the forest seems like a separate part of the plan from the one guy releasing his poison while Himiko... Hunts down people in the poison that should be taking them out anyway? I'm a bit unsure as to why she needs to be there, but there's probably a reason.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
She's batshit insane enough that nobody trusts her to be alone and not do a lot of incidental killing/get new targets is my guess.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

I'm going to assume there's a reference here I'm not getting, but hey, nice gesture by the mangaka.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Astro Nut posted:

I'm going to assume there's a reference here I'm not getting, but hey, nice gesture by the mangaka.

2016 is the Year of the Monkey.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

Gameface Ochako is the best gravity girl.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

I was thinking this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Astro Nut posted:

Ojiro is so cool

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I think that Tokoyami is the one that wears that costume best, though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I get that it's the year of the monkey, but why is Ojiro wearing a toga?? :confused:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is a kimono and he is doing calligraphy. I still don't know if it is supposed to be a reference to something, though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ojiro is cool and I hope he actually gets to do something this year.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is a kimono and he is doing calligraphy. I still don't know if it is supposed to be a reference to something, though.

Perhaps that one monkey pokemon that only learned the move that let it (permanantly) copy the enemy's last move and also had an inkbrush tail?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FH_Meta posted:

Perhaps that one monkey pokemon that only learned the move that let it (permanantly) copy the enemy's last move and also had an inkbrush tail?

That was a dog

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's probably a Son Wukong reference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The joke is that Ojiro's full name can be read as "Monkey tail."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I meant for his outfit specifically. Why Ojiro is there is pretty obvious, though admittedly I forgot/didn't know that his name was a monkey reference as well as specifically a tail pun.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

I meant for his outfit specifically. Why Ojiro is there is pretty obvious, though admittedly I forgot/didn't know that his name was a monkey reference as well as specifically a tail pun.

He's wearing it because it's new year. It's not a toga, he's just wearing it half off because ???

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Next chapter drops the 18th, right? That's so far away :negative:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

He's wearing it because it's new year. It's not a toga, he's just wearing it half off because ???

Because the dude's jacked and he looks really good in half the kimono

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Did Fallen Angels give up on this? That they didn't translate the latest chapter yet is a little worrying.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
They specifically wait for like a week after it shows up because they don't want to bump up against the official release. Mangastream on the other hand doesn't give a gently caress

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought Ojiros outfit is some sort of buddhist mythology reference.

Ala sun wukong

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
FA's raw provider got arrested.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bad Seafood posted:

FA's raw provider got arrested.

lol owned. what an embarrassing thing to be arrested for

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wait he got arrested again? Or we're talking about the arrest from some weeks ago?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
IIRC a bunch of people who were providing raws got arrested. Apparently actual employees of WSJ.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 3, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Year-long subscriptions to WSJ are on sale for 20 bucks, soooo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Year-long subscriptions to WSJ are on sale for 20 bucks, soooo.

does a subscription come with a back-catalog as well

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Nope.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Still no reason to not pick it up unless you're bound and determined to pirate literally everything though. Issues you do own don't go anywhere once you have them at least.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ruggington posted:

Not a full one, but you can buy previous issues from up to 3 months prior at a dollar each.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

Nope. You also have to download Nisekoi, Black Clover, this new Boruto pap when that arrives to fart up the roster and World Border which takes the value proposition through a table.

I'd rather buy the GN's.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You mean World Trigger? 'cause IMO it's good stuff, has good teamfights and the "how to progress when you're a mediocre at best (and not going to get a shonen powerup)" angle is unusual.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

You mean World Trigger? 'cause IMO it's good stuff, has good teamfights and the "how to progress when you're a mediocre at best (and not going to get a shonen powerup)" angle is unusual.

Yeah, my first impression of World Trigger was bad, but I later realized that it is actually quite good. It has arguably the best battles in any currently running shounen series and has a pretty neat cast of supporting characters. It would be almost perfect if not for the plot being mediocre and the setting...strange, to say the least (for some reason only this one town in Japan with an army consisting of a couple hundred teenagers is responsible for dealing with this portal to a whole different universe or something).

One thing I like is that it actually addresses the fact that when the MC is training other people are training as well (and thus training really hard for a few weeks/months isn't going to result in him catching up to the strongest guys since they'll be training as well).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Nope. You also have to download Nisekoi, Black Clover, this new Boruto pap when that arrives to fart up the roster and World Border which takes the value proposition through a table.

I'd rather buy the GN's.

50 cents an issue for the three series I read is still a pretty good deal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
and maybe boruto will be fine if you just don't look directly at the awful art

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, my first impression of World Trigger was bad, but I later realized that it is actually quite good. It has arguably the best battles in any currently running shounen series and has a pretty neat cast of supporting characters. It would be almost perfect if not for the plot being mediocre and the setting...strange, to say the least (for some reason only this one town in Japan with an army consisting of a couple hundred teenagers is responsible for dealing with this portal to a whole different universe or something).

One thing I like is that it actually addresses the fact that when the MC is training other people are training as well (and thus training really hard for a few weeks/months isn't going to result in him catching up to the strongest guys since they'll be training as well).

Actually that got QA'd. Teenagers have the best development rate and development is tied to usage, so the best fighters will average late teens early 20s who have fought for a while, but the command staff is all adults. As for why they're all in one town? Well, if they all come from one gate, why not fortify there?

Plotwise I have nothing to say, it's very much a hit or miss kinda thing. Although now that I think of it it's actually not dissimilar to Hero Academia in that it's basically an extended training arc to counter a growing everpresent threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

Actually that got QA'd. Teenagers have the best development rate and development is tied to usage, so the best fighters will average late teens early 20s who have fought for a while, but the command staff is all adults. As for why they're all in one town? Well, if they all come from one gate, why not fortify there?

Plotwise I have nothing to say, it's very much a hit or miss kinda thing. Although now that I think of it it's actually not dissimilar to Hero Academia in that it's basically an extended training arc to counter a growing everpresent threat.

Ah, that explains the teenagers thing, but my issue with the base/town wasn't so much that they fortified there (which makes sense, given that the portals formed in that area), but more that the whole operation seems kind of small scale,. even if you ignore the fact the the rest of the world isn't involved at all. You'd think they'd at least have on the order of thousands of soldiers. It's a pretty easy to ignore issue, though; I can see why it wouldn't work as well story-wise if there were 20,000 Border agents.

What you mentioned about ages actually reminded me of another kind of funny thing. Some of the characters act like these grizzled veterans, when I think the first portal opened, what, 4 years ago? Though I have a feeling there may be some plot point related to that and how they got their first triggers, especially now that we know neighbors can look identical to humans.

As far as My Hero Academia is concerned, I honestly have no idea how the students will manage to defeat (or more likely just escape) from these villains. They seem a lot stronger than all but maybe the strongest students. I hope that Class B gets to have a significant role.