Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yes it's all in his head, but the scene they're talking about is still set in Victorian England (in his head), with characters with Victorian social mores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHTZLTLPho

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fellow goons! Throughout December the TV offerings of 2015 were put under the spotlight by our bravest and brightest goons (and also Zaggitz). From this perspective a list was formed containing TV IV's Favourite Shows of 2015. Join me this evening from roughly 3pm EST as I begin to unveil the TV IV's Top 10. I promise you shocks, surprises, laughs and drama!

And while you're waiting, why not catch up with the results so far?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Poor Zaggitz's friends and family.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

Poor Zaggitz's friends and family.

I mean they're all probably french Quebecois too so they don't know any better.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Vous pouvez tous allez vous faire metre :argh:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yo i dont like doing self-promotion but Rarity is pullin' some cool-rear end poo poo in the TVIV poll thread, even if you think polls are stupid nonsense you should read her posts ok that's its

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Toxxupation posted:

Yo i dont like doing self-promotion but Rarity is pullin' some cool-rear end poo poo in the TVIV poll thread, even if you think polls are stupid nonsense you should read her posts ok that's its

:yeah:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's really cool but also it looks like Daredevil and Jessica Jones might both be in the top 5 so really the whole thing is a wash

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Zaggitz posted:

Vous pouvez tous allez vous faire metre :argh:

Google can't translate this, probably because quebecois french is some kind of mongrel gutter french. The Welsh of French, if you will.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

IRQ posted:

Google can't translate this, probably because quebecois french is some kind of mongrel gutter french. The Welsh of French, if you will.

I speak 15-years-unused high school french, and I translated it just fine. I'm better than Google!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can all go you do meter?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The poll is for favorite, not best, inevitable crybabies and the one guy who already did.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

The poll and results has been great...job well done you two.

I don't hate myself to watch any more of the Leftovers than I've already seen but I guess I'll have to go check out Jessica Jones (I think those were the only two top ten shows I haven't watched). If I've never read a comic book in my life am I going to be missing out or does the show do a good enough job introducing viewers to its lore/story?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

smg77 posted:

The poll and results has been great...job well done you two.

I don't hate myself to watch any more of the Leftovers than I've already seen but I guess I'll have to go check out Jessica Jones (I think those were the only two top ten shows I haven't watched). If I've never read a comic book in my life am I going to be missing out or does the show do a good enough job introducing viewers to its lore/story?

You'll miss out on some references to Avengers and Daradevil but nothing you'll notice and I wouldn't even worry about.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Galavant startin' again

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm honestly far less interested in unfair cancellation talk than how exactly that guy googled Serenity in relation to Firefly and didn't find anything about the movie.

Googled Serenity. All it says is I have Network Connectivity Problems. :confused:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Maxwell Lord posted:

Galavant startin' again

It better start with them getting attacked by a bear and killing it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
AltaVista strikes again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Well... there was a kind of bear...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

The entire opening number was basically them saying "gently caress you rest of TV, we're back."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

sbaldrick posted:

Well, there is a bear...

e: haha, glad to see I was beaten.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't remember anything about Jessica Jones. It came and went really quickly.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

It's really cool but also it looks like Daredevil and Jessica Jones might both be in the top 5 so really the whole thing is a wash

I agree. Only two comic book shows in the top ten is nowhere near enough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BSam posted:

I agree. Only two comic book shows in the top ten is nowhere near enough.

Agents of Shield is in there too!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Agents of Shield is in there too!

That's three, we can still do better. Next year we can and should have all ten top ten shows be comic book derived.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't remember anything about Jessica Jones. It came and went really quickly.
Felt that for Daredevil rather than JJ, really. But oh well, 409+ shows aired that year, can't make everyone happy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember Daredevil having a really strong start with the first half and then blurring into nothing in the last 6 episodes. And the DD suit near the finale looks ridiculous.

Also I'm halfway through 12 Monkeys and it's a fun show. I think the people making Nikita really liked working together and they all decided to do another show without leaving Canada. Speaking of Canada I am sick of seeing that same Canadian forest.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 4, 2016

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Maxwell Lord posted:

AltaVista strikes again.

Dammit Jerry! You still use AltaVista?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember Daredevil having a really strong start with the first half and then blurring into nothing in the last 6 episodes. And the DD suit near the finale looks ridiculous.

Also I'm halfway through 12 Monkeys and it's a fun show. I think the people making Nikita really liked working together and they all decided to do another show without leaving Canada. Speaking of Canada I am sick of seeing that same Canadian forest.

It basically skips over the climax.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Maxwell Lord posted:

The entire opening number was basically them saying "gently caress you rest of TV, we're back."

Toxx make the 2016 poll thread I need to vote for Galavant right now :f5:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZIeCjIL40

gently caress everything else, watch it.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
My two cents: Making a Murderer is 60 minutes of content stretched into ten hours of bloated crap. Skip it.

Or read complete summaries of the cases. Or watch the first, ninth and tenth episodes and take a pass on the rest.

The message of the first episode is the essence of the series and unambiguous and relevant--the law machine can do lovely things. The next seven episodes are painfully slow drip-drops of information about the case, and defense attorneys throwing shitloads of crap at a wall praying something sticks. Interspersed with a tiny bit of important content about the interrogation of the young and the mentally deficient.

The final two episodes summarize and reiterate, and can effectively substitute for watching eps 2-8. In my personal opinion it stretches the bounds of reality to see Avery as innocent of murder. The nephew's story is more complex but shouldn't have taken eight episodes to tell.

I was left feeling a bit nauseous, partially because of the themes and topics presented and the initial injustice committed, but also because I felt manipulated by the filmmakers and don't feel they presented the case/evidence impartially or succinctly.

As a three hour series, it would have been tolerable. As an hour, riveting. As a ten hour extravaganza, hot garbage.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So I tried watching Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life, thinking it would be interesting or charming. It just feels like filming a bunch of jackasses.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZIeCjIL40

gently caress everything else, watch it.

There's doubling down and then there's this. This is wonderful.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Galavant first song was great but it's no where near as good as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as far as musical comedies go.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I watched Border Town and let me just say, I unironically miss The Cleveland Show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I watched Border Town and let me just say, I unironically miss The Cleveland Show.

That's the show Fox greenlit instead of Rick and Morty.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

Toxx make the 2016 poll thread I need to vote for Galavant right now :f5:

Did it actually get good?

E: that song was okay I guess.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010