Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This may be the anime's artstyle.

It's perfect, if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It really is true, Mob Psycho's art style grows on you. I hope they stay as close as possible while fixing some of the... uuuuh... more blatant issues.

Except for the action scenes and serious faces. Those are great and the main thing by which I will judge this adaptation.

coathat
May 21, 2007

ONE needs to go back to the old a chapter every other week schedule.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
From Murata's twitter:

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/682478997872099332

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

:3:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope this is not just a reference to the Mob Pyscho anime, but also means that Murata is going to re-draw Mob Psycho in 2016.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
It's a ONE relay race. 2017 will see season 2 of One Punch Man, then 2018 will alternate back to Mob Psycho. We'll have a continuous stream of ONE to our eyes until we run out of story arcs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JosephWongKS posted:

I hope this is not just a reference to the Mob Pyscho anime, but also means that Murata is going to re-draw Mob Psycho in 2016.

Mob Psycho is perfect as is :colbert:

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I'd be mad as hell if Mob Psycho got a re-draw and then official English release without ONE's art.

Murata should just focus on One Punch Man anyways.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Yeah, Mob Psycho is a lot heavier on basic people-standing-around-and-talking scenes, which ONE's art is perfectly fine for, and the crazy scratchy effects when things get hype actually kind of help to sell the action.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I'd love to see a cross over special chapter in ONE or Murata's art.

Saitama meets Reigen, Mob meets Tatsumaki

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Seems like a bad matchup. Saitama and Reigen would probably not even notice each other. Saitama is perpetually broke and has no "problems" to solve, so not very attractive to Reigen. Reigen is just some mystic quack to Saitama.
On the other side, Mob is not the type to get freaked out by Tatsumaki's brattyness or power, and Tatsumaki isn't insecure enough so see him as a threat to her pride or whatever to tease something out of him.

Now, Saitama + Mob casually braving the most ludicrous accidents / badguys just crossing their path to the nearest ice cream shop, or seeing what Reigen comes up with for his new "exchange student" Tatsumaki could be interesting.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Theowulv posted:

I'd be mad as hell if Mob Psycho got a re-draw and then official English release without ONE's art.

Murata should just focus on One Punch Man anyways.

I don't think it'd a get re-draw as his art improves quite a bit from OPM and has a unique look of it's own. I'd be surprised if it does get localized overseas due how popular OPM but it might be more niche than superheroes...SoL perhaps?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HenryEx posted:

Seems like a bad matchup. Saitama and Reigen would probably not even notice each other. Saitama is perpetually broke and has no "problems" to solve, so not very attractive to Reigen. Reigen is just some mystic quack to Saitama.
On the other side, Mob is not the type to get freaked out by Tatsumaki's brattyness or power, and Tatsumaki isn't insecure enough so see him as a threat to her pride or whatever to tease something out of him.

Now, Saitama + Mob casually braving the most ludicrous accidents / badguys just crossing their path to the nearest ice cream shop, or seeing what Reigen comes up with for his new "exchange student" Tatsumaki could be interesting.

Dimple and Saitama though

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Everyone ends up hanging out at King's apartment.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shugojin posted:

Dimple and Saitama though

Black Sperm and Dimple.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Reigen ftw.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just seen the latest update, which might include the best page to date.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Christ almighty don't go posting pages from the chapter without spoiler tags without even providing a loving link.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZiegeDame posted:

Christ almighty don't go posting pages from the chapter without spoiler tags without even providing a loving link.

Seems like an overreaction to an omake

But I support the point in a nicer fashion.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ZiegeDame posted:

I have been known to piss and moan about spoilers sometimes on these forums and even I don't really see the big deal.

Thanks for posting the link though :).

Good chapter. I think this was the best way for this fight to go.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Just seen the latest update, which might include the best page to date.

ONE is probably the best person in the world.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
http://bato.to/reader#cda21a4e63e617a5

:stare:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am in awe after that chapter.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
mob is insanely the coolest person ever

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
That is a spectacularly bad translation. What happened?

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
New Chapter

Finally done with 90 and onto 91! Let's see how long this chapter ends up being.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Protodude posted:

New Chapter

Finally done with 90 and onto 91! Let's see how long this chapter ends up being.

Nice

Okay, quick, before the next chapter drops! (Here I go, jinxing us all) What will be the first sight of the next one?!

I think it's gonna be a collosal construct that looks like Mob, containing the psychic energy, kind of like the huge world tree from Berserk that the emperor turned into :toot:
I'm not so sure what exactly happened to the boss (looks like his subordinate teleported him out at some point?), otherwise I would've guessed the construct resembles him and he's basically dead.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Nice

Okay, quick, before the next chapter drops! (Here I go, jinxing us all) What will be the first sight of the next one?!

I think it's gonna be a collosal construct that looks like Mob, containing the psychic energy, kind of like the huge world tree from Berserk that the emperor turned into :toot:
I'm not so sure what exactly happened to the boss (looks like his subordinate teleported him out at some point?), otherwise I would've guessed the construct resembles him and he's basically dead.

its gonna be a giant tsubomi chan

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
My prediction is that the mushroom cloud was petrified solid.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8g3TuKsQHs

ka

me

da

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This looks absurdly good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Holy gently caress, that's amazing. I'm ready for this.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Oh man thank you bones

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob is Ito Setsuo
Reigen is Sakurai Takahiro

Ito (伊藤節生) seems to be something of a rookie in the anime scene.
His twitter: https://twitter.com/setsuo_itou
His only role on myanimelist is Ameyama Ryouhei in Pupipo! from 2013-'14
http://www.air-agency.co.jp/talent/man/setsuo_ito

Sakurai is Oshino Meme, Rohan Kishibe (anime, not game), Cloud from FF7 and basically everyone knows who he is.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 9, 2016

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh, that's a great look for the anime. :allears: There's something grungy about it! Should be really interesting once they get to the more action-intensive and awe-inspiring scenes, which already worked really drat well with ONE's style.

The music's pretty great too. Hope they go with something like that for the whole thing, I gotta see psychic throwdowns to this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Action scenes nothing, I just want to see Reigen selling snake oil to chumps with weird faces. I would be 100% happy to watch a series that is nothing but that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For real though the sneak peeks of the action scenes do look real cool.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Torquemadras posted:

Oh, that's a great look for the anime. :allears: There's something grungy about it! Should be really interesting once they get to the more action-intensive and awe-inspiring scenes, which already worked really drat well with ONE's style.

I think they'll go for faded palette + minimal animation for most of it to save money. Should provide a nice contrast for when the poo poo hits the 100 and people start vomiting rainbows on the animation cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Really curious how sparkly they'll make Tsubomi now. :sparkles: