Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab posted:

We made fun of zorak for that one post. But there's nothing wrong with crying, particularly at things designed to make you cry.

I’ve seen many people express the belief that people who don’t cry at something like Ano Hana are robots, but to me you are the people who seem like robots. These actions and feelings the characters express feel like they’re going through a checklist of what humans find sad and ticking each one off individually but without any comprehension of what emotion actually is. Are you merely a machine for whom you insert a girl crying and someone yelling with some mournful violin music and this triggers an automatic response of bawww so moving?

Namtab posted:

2017 will be the year we simulwatch elfen lied

I just remembered I have the DVDs for that, for some reason. I think they were on offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Namtab posted:

Anime is about liking what you like regardless of objectivity. Elfen lied is objectively really bad, overdepressing, overreliant on breasts. And yet I honestly enjoy experiencing it again and again.

Without elfen lied I wouldn't be posting here today. I love it.

anime is...NOT kid stuff

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've cried watching things like Glee, and a Disney channel movie, so i really don't judge fellow cryers

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Namtab posted:

I will participate because I only remember a few scenes and the overall plot vaguely

I will participate in this too because ...poor Lucy :(

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to prove a point by comparing the fact that silly anime has sexy fanservice to how this realistically-styled grey fantasy rpg just has sex scenes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

anime is...NOT kid stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5fR05st58

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

Didn't we already do that back in like...2013, I think?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its good that they included an fbi warning

cause anime watchers are criminals :cool:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if there are more movies about a dog where the dog dying is a central plot point than not. Movies where the epilogue is many years later and the dog just died of old age off screen count as the latter.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
the first ep of elfen lied is really something to see, super gets its point across

more people than necessary have gone into the rest of the show

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

I wonder if there are more movies about a dog where the dog dying is a central plot point than not. Movies where the epilogue is many years later and the dog just died of old age off screen count as the latter.

https://www.doesthedogdie.com/

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

there are probably like a billion straight-to-DVD Air Bud type films tipping the scales there

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Didn't we already do that back in like...2013, I think?
Zorak would never have simulwatched elfen lied

Polsy posted:

I’ve seen many people express the belief that people who don’t cry at something like Ano Hana are robots, but to me you are the people who seem like robots. These actions and feelings the characters express feel like they’re going through a checklist of what humans find sad and ticking each one off individually but without any comprehension of what emotion actually is. Are you merely a machine for whom you insert a girl crying and someone yelling with some mournful violin music and this triggers an automatic response of bawww so moving?
Source your quotes

quote:

I just remembered I have the DVDs for that, for some reason. I think they were on offer.

Good.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
In this episode of Tetsujin 28-gou, Shotaro completely destroys a perfect teleporter that has no downsides, flaws, or malfunctions, one of the greatest inventions humanity could possibly produce, one that would revolutionise the world, in order to stop a thief from robbing banks.

Yeah, that's not one of the better episodes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Polsy posted:

yes

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm a fan of most every kind of yuri, but I think my favorite are "sharing body heat" images. To illustrate

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab posted:

Source your quotes

http://thecartdriver.com/nagi-no-asakura-episode-1-nipple-less-and-shiny-and-fish-kneed-is-he/ not sure why I actually read the whole article at the time, maybe the show was on my maybe list

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

In this episode of Tetsujin 28-gou, Shotaro completely destroys a perfect teleporter that has no downsides, flaws, or malfunctions, one of the greatest inventions humanity could possibly produce, one that would revolutionise the world, in order to stop a thief from robbing banks.

Yeah, that's not one of the better episodes.

With how it ends I think it works better if you view it as a twilight zone episode.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sylphid posted:

I'm a fan of most every kind of yuri, but I think my favorite are "sharing body heat" images. To illustrate

my faves are when the girls kiss and it is canon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I just realised this is the New Anime Week! :toot: A bunch of new shows to check out woo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

http://thecartdriver.com/nagi-no-asakura-episode-1-nipple-less-and-shiny-and-fish-kneed-is-he/ not sure why I actually read the whole article at the time, maybe the show was on my maybe list

It was probably around the time you linked me to the epic who is imouto posts

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
is a man not entitled to his fee fees

no, says the maudlin anime fan, you must cry or you're a robot

no, says the yuri cartel, you must dig this seriously forward thinking make out pic

no, says the droyer, you must love robots, well, at least, if you want to, I guess it's okay if you don't, everyone has their own opinions...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Everything seems kinda spread out through the week though which is a bit of a downer, I liked having two days where a bunch of shows came out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tarranon posted:

no, says the yuri cartel, you must dig this seriously forward thinking make out pic

no, says the droyer, you must love robots, well, at least, if you want to, I guess it's okay if you don't, everyone has their own opinions...

the gently caress is a fee fee

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i cnat believe polsy got tittied

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tarranon posted:

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tarranon posted:

Lol

Motto posted:

the gently caress is a fee fee

Feels

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Polsy posted:

an entire paragraph devoted to ranting about shiny skin

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yuri huh, that's so 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

i cnat believe polsy got tittied

He will never change it

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I have a bunch of mosquito bites on my hands and they're killing me

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I cried during Shirobako

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't remember who imouto was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

yuri huh, that's so 2015

Yuri is always in fashion.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

homeless snail posted:

yuri huh, that's so 2015

say goodbye to the year of yuri and hello to the year of luigi

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tarranon posted:

say goodbye to the year of yuri and hello to the year of luigi

No... Yuri come back

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Namtab posted:

He will never change it

I sure hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Knorth posted:

Everything seems kinda spread out through the week though which is a bit of a downer, I liked having two days where a bunch of shows came out

Assuming Grimgar and Schwarzesmarken turn out to be decent, I appreciate having something to watch that airs on Monday and a handful in the middle of the week as opposed to most of the shows being slotted at the end of the week.

If they turn out to be garbage I'm back to square one, but still.

• Locked thread