Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

A giant squid showed up at a pier in Japan so a diver decided to go in an take videos of it until leading it back to the open ocean violating his waifu

You said Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

kinmik posted:

BB-8 what's he done to you?! :gonk:

What is with that random strap dangling off his right side?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

HBomb posted:

What is with that random strap dangling off his right side?

It's his bath robe, he just got out of the shower. That's how come all the steam too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kobogartimer posted:

If I saw something terrifying in open water I would get as close to it as possible as well.

Yeah, those googly eyes are horrifying.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I'm more surprised they decided to lead it pack into the open ocean instead of doing the usual thing and trap it in a narrow part of the port to viciously slaughter it 'for science' and totally not for sushi.

Giant squid flesh has a lot of ammonia and is pretty gross to eat. Source: a novel by the jaws guy I read in the 90s

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Whale is loving disgusting too but that doesn't stop them.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Nickiepoo posted:

Whale is loving disgusting too but that doesn't stop them.

How do whales even gently caress?

For two years in (Ontario) school they inundated us about the majesty and fragility of the Blue Whale and not once did they cover how the whaledick gets into the whalegina.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Spoilers for the new Star Wars movie

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

A giant squid showed up at a pier in Japan so a diver decided to go in an take videos of it until leading it back to the open ocean

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

dumb. posted:

How do whales even gently caress?

For two years in (Ontario) school they inundated us about the majesty and fragility of the Blue Whale and not once did they cover how the whaledick gets into the whalegina.

Ask your mom.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Is that Asian Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

If so, I'm glad he approves. :woop:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

dumb. posted:

Is that Asian Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

If so, I'm glad he approves. :woop:

No, it's the lead dev from Platinum Games (whose name escapes me at the moment) whose favorite thing to do on twitter is respond to people asking stupid questions with "Ask your mom".

e: hideki kamiya

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

RentACop posted:

Giant squid flesh has a lot of ammonia and is pretty gross to eat. Source: a novel by the jaws guy I read in the 90s
I've read that one too. I liked how it was really just a squid version of Jaws.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nickiepoo posted:

Ask your mom.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

kinmik posted:

BB-8 what's he done to you?! :gonk:

A little song, a little dance, a long lightsaber down your pants.

https://i.imgur.com/F38LmaW.gifv

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kobogartimer posted:

If I saw something terrifying in open water I would get as close to it as possible as well.
Eh it was only 12 ft long

RentACop posted:

Are you thinking of Sphere because that was written by Michael Crichton

achillesforever6 has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Jan 1, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

achillesforever6 posted:

Are you thinking of Sphere because that was written by Michael Crichton
Peter Benchley's Beast.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kobogartimer posted:

Fun fact: the much-smaller Humbolt squid is known to kill and eat divers.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
And steadily making their way up the west coast of the US. They are pretty hardcore, but I'd not heard of them eating people. Terrifying.

quote:

Humboldt squid may grow to 1.9 m (6.2 ft) in mantle length and weigh up to 50 kg (100 lb).
Recent footage of shoals of these animals demonstrates a tendency to meet unfamiliar objects aggressively. Having risen to depths of 130–200 m (430–660 ft) below the surface to feed (up from their typical 700-metre (2,300-ft) diving depth, beyond the range of human diving), they have attacked deep-sea cameras and rendered them inoperable. Reports of recreational scuba divers being attacked by Humboldt squid have been confirmed. One particular diver, Scott Cassell, who has spent much of his career videotaping this species, has created body armor to protect against attacks.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I believe they actually fish for Humboldts and one of the things you have to be concerned with is getting them clear of the water. They are known to suddenly take off and drag fisherman deep enough that they're in trouble without any kind of breathing tanks.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://gfycat.com/TiredBasicChimneyswift

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

drat, that's some timing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Reminds me of this classic.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Brainamp posted:

Reminds me of this classic.

The original vid is great, with the entire stadium going insane when it hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6EP9bBbac

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Doctor Bishop posted:

A little song, a little dance, a long lightsaber down your pants.

https://i.imgur.com/F38LmaW.gifv

16 bit Vader reminds me, anyone have a link handy to that tumblr that gets posted occasionally with a ton of gifs of retro animations and cyberpunk looking stuff, e.g. blade runner city shots, totally abstract repeating patterns, etc.

Several ive found come close but I swear the title was something simple like flashback, which doesn't really narrow anything down when searching.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Savings Coupon posted:

16 bit Vader reminds me, anyone have a link handy to that tumblr that gets posted occasionally with a ton of gifs of retro animations and cyberpunk looking stuff, e.g. blade runner city shots, totally abstract repeating patterns, etc.

Several ive found come close but I swear the title was something simple like flashback, which doesn't really narrow anything down when searching.

http://rekall.me/

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Son of a bitch, thank you! I was determined to fit flashback in there somehow.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/mzcVqBn.gifv

unrelated

Basticle has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Jan 3, 2016

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Basticle posted:

unrelated