Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

applied as baramsa. feel free to ally me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Goons, the 6th goon alliance is up and open for business!

Apply to Waifu Squad if you're looking for a home!

Applied as Ugato

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I approved everyone that applied to waifu squad. Do your alliance battles!

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Applied to Waifu Squad as Tarsen.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Can someone explain the Timeline Battle thing to me? Each day I get 10 entries, but there's a counter that says X/30 entries remaining for rewards. But that counter resets every day as well.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Can someone explain the Timeline Battle thing to me? Each day I get 10 entries, but there's a counter that says X/30 entries remaining for rewards. But that counter resets every day as well.
You can pay crystals to recharge your daily entries. I think revenge battles count toward rewards as well?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MMAgCh posted:

You can pay crystals to recharge your daily entries. I think revenge battles count toward rewards as well?

Oh okay. Crystals for more entries is a terrible idea, right?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What is the difference between class one and two in a guild? I've promoted 2 people but have no idea what it does

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Oh okay. Crystals for more entries is a terrible idea, right?

Correct. Don't do that.

Your secret to Revenge battles is that the LAST MATCH you play is what people fight against. So let's say you have a full team of 60s for your first 9 battles but then your last battle for your daily 10, you pull out a team of 3 30s.

You win/lose that last battle and then people fight that team.

What normally will happen is others with low level teams will beat your 30s team and then they show up as a Revenge for you.

You then revenge against them with your 60s. Welcome to easy victories. :)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What is the difference between class one and two in a guild? I've promoted 2 people but have no idea what it does

Class 1 can do what you can do as a leader. Think of them as Officers.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
That's what I assumed. Thank you

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Redownloaded this after being disappointed by Star Wars just to see if it's still as awful as when it first started, and got a whole bunch of free poo poo that included a bunch of 5* & 6* upgrades. :stare:

Applied to Waifu Squad as Gonroamin

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

They do, and you can actually use up all 30 entries on the day the ladder resets. You use 15/30 on normal fights and revenge, then after the reset you have your 10 attacks and 5 revenges again, but your total entry count is still at 15/30.

I never tried spending crystals on entries, but I assume it works the same way, since the guys at the top of the ladder have scores roughly twice what you can get from perfect play without spending

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 20 BIOS ON LOGIN ARE UP. LOG IN
:ducksiren:

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Applied to Waifu Squad as DStagg.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: 20 BIOS ON LOGIN ARE UP. LOG IN
:ducksiren:

Ah yeah! Fat Iron Man!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Don't miss out! This is the best character!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It's not nice to get people's hopes up without reminding them which character the bios are for

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also I'm pretty sure people are learning to pay attention to the whole team when they click through for timeline battle. My Spiderman/Superior Spiderman/Silk team just isn't pulling any revenges for me anymore (Silk is 60 the other two are 45)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love when a level 32 1* Thor beats my level 50 4* 4 mastery Captain Waifu.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Aralan posted:

Also I'm pretty sure people are learning to pay attention to the whole team when they click through for timeline battle. My Spiderman/Superior Spiderman/Silk team just isn't pulling any revenges for me anymore (Silk is 60 the other two are 45)

I've been leaving 6* Nico up because I'm lazy. She's timeline herpes and I literally get 0 revenges but it keeps my score up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I brought this up in-game but I guess nobody knew: does anyone know if the skills in the Details tab of a hero mean anything? Like Blade having Exorcist, or Venom having Healing.

I know the heroes themselves have weird quirks (it seems like I get a lot of Energy Immune tics on Venom randomly), but I've yet to see Blade bust and feel good (quite the opposite, in fact)

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Neurolimal posted:

I've yet to see Blade bust and feel good

You need to really put your back into it, show him you care. He's a sensitive lover.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Out of Kingpin, Lash, and BC, who should I be stupid and buy

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Kingpin is super farmable BUT if you buy his costume too, he is a beast.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I brought this up in-game but I guess nobody knew: does anyone know if the skills in the Details tab of a hero mean anything? Like Blade having Exorcist, or Venom having Healing.

I know the heroes themselves have weird quirks (it seems like I get a lot of Energy Immune tics on Venom randomly), but I've yet to see Blade bust and feel good (quite the opposite, in fact)

I can't speak specifically for them but will take a look when I log in. Basically some chars do have special things. Hawkeye and Wasp for instance, have Silence, which means they will have opponents not be able to use their skills for a set amount of time.

Vernon has an attack that makes the player lose control of their player if hit by it.

I don't think that pertains to what you're talking about though.

Uhhh KP is one of the best chars in the game. Not joking.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Doing the skill test for him I don't hate him but I don't know how he actually plays. Plus not thrilled that I have to make him Mechapin when I'm already busting 2250 crystals on the package.

I mean I already have enough to take She-Hulk to 3 so if I need a good punchmans character I'm set.

Is Lash the guy who looks like Akuma? I've played against him and he's been an absolute beast.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

I just picked Kingpin as my free 3* for loosing a map, then bought the mecha suit.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kingpin in his iron armor is really rad, he is not a high priority for me to pick up but i'm looking forward to it just from seeing what he can do in other parts of the game

Do we know if there's any ETA on Star Lord getting a 6* power and some reworking to his stuff? I've been leveling him, racon, and coulson as my C-team lately and I like how they play together but they all feel kind of clunky

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Get the BBC.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

drat it chela you beat me to what I was gonna say. So yeah, Akuma (Lash) is balls deep god awful trash not even a beautiful racon would wash.

It's funny because in November, Akuma was released and people were foaming at the mouth. He released with a costume and people thought "oh poo poo this guy may be really good!! And the costume buffs him even more!!"

So this timeline warrior on Reddit posts a video of him crushing poo poo with Akumalash of Assville and people start foaming at the mouth and probably caught rabies, a top tier disease.

Tons of people start 6* journey and think he is amazing.

Then they realize after about 2 weeks he is horrendous bottom tier. He's just not tuned high at all and has a wonky kit.

But man, it was awesome to see people get giddy over him.

Lash is arguably the worst Blast char in the game right next to Nazi Coat, Red Skull.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Kingpin in his iron armor is really rad, he is not a high priority for me to pick up but i'm looking forward to it just from seeing what he can do in other parts of the game

Do we know if there's any ETA on Star Lord getting a 6* power and some reworking to his stuff? I've been leveling him, racon, and coulson as my C-team lately and I like how they play together but they all feel kind of clunky

I love that team as well and really really liked Star-Lords buffs in the recent patch. I was really surprised he didn't get his 6* attack.

He has to be soon I would think. With Groot and Racon getting theirs just last patch, i hope he isn't far down the line.

I'm super ecstatic about the patch this month despite not knowing what it holds. They did a great job with their last one and added tons that the community wanted.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I love when a level 32 1* Thor beats my level 50 4* 4 mastery Captain Waifu.

Wha?

Only characters that can give my silk, Captain Waifu and Nico issues time to time are captain Waifu, silk(if they out iso me), goliath or yellow jacket
Captain and yellow jacket can really wreck silk

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

drat it chela you beat me to what I was gonna say. So yeah, Akuma (Lash) is balls deep god awful trash not even a beautiful racon would wash.

It's funny because in November, Akuma was released and people were foaming at the mouth. He released with a costume and people thought "oh poo poo this guy may be really good!! And the costume buffs him even more!!"

So this timeline warrior on Reddit posts a video of him crushing poo poo with Akumalash of Assville and people start foaming at the mouth and probably caught rabies, a top tier disease.

Tons of people start 6* journey and think he is amazing.

Then they realize after about 2 weeks he is horrendous bottom tier. He's just not tuned high at all and has a wonky kit.

But man, it was awesome to see people get giddy over him.

Lash is arguably the worst Blast char in the game right next to Nazi Coat, Red Skull.
This is exactly what happened to me. I mean, I didn't go crazy and six star him or anything, but ever since the Halloween event I've had a little pile of regret in my roster, shaped like 4* costumed Lash. Dude is terrible, sometimes he has trouble in villain siege against bosses half his level. I don't have the heart to start burning his biometrics, so eventually he'll get to 5*, maybe, but I sure don't plan to start using him for anything. Wasting time on him had War Wolf take like an extra month to 6*

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I love Blast Kingpin because he has type disadvanatage against Silk so he just gets shredded even faster.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
ICR please add the 6th guild to the OP! Also can you put the goon guild list at the top of the op in a human readable list?

In other news, my Nico is 6/6/50 and is tearing poo poo apart. Its great.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dr.Magnificent posted:

ICR please add the 6th guild to the OP! Also can you put the goon guild list at the top of the op in a human readable list?

In other news, my Nico is 6/6/50 and is tearing poo poo apart. Its great.

Done!

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Goons, the 6th goon alliance is up and open for business!

Apply to Waifu Squad if you're looking for a home!

Applied as SplatterpopeSA.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Applied as SplatterpopeSA.

Got ya. 16 spots remaining in Waifu Sqaud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
I have She-Hulk and Sister Grimm at 3* with enough biometrics to go to 4*. I also have a 5* rank-up ticket. Which would be more useful for me to use the ticket on? I know both are good characters but wasn't sure if one outshines the other once the ranks get higher.

• Locked thread