Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Splicer posted:

I'm reading this as an old woman in the early stages of dementia giving away her heating bill :(

Yeah, and when you're THAT loving destitute that you break down over groceries, it's not $300 of groceries that you "need today", it's more like $20 worth of carefully planned cheap stuff meant top last an entire week. Hell, even $10 can be an enormous splurge on groceries meant to last just a single day until whatever with the card is sorted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

quote:

I posted a comment about my New Years Eve and some people wanted the whole story so here goes. This is just a random pic I found online, not the actual guy in the story.

So, last night, I was hanging out with my brothers and we decided to order some pizza. It took forever for it to get here because it was so busy for them, which was cool with us cause we knew they were going to be busy.

The delivery guy showed up (around 10:30) and seemed a little weird right off the bat. He asked if he could come inside so we let him. It was about 10 degrees out last night, so, I figured he just didn't want to freeze.

While he was inside, he asked some questions about the house. (How many square feet, how many bedrooms and bathrooms, if I had a dog)
I do have a dog but she is old and deaf. Even though it was weird, I answered his questions. I paid him and tipped him generously because I felt bad for him having to work on New Years Eve and I figured he was just a little mentally challenged.

About 10 minutes later, he came back and tried to give me some of the tip back because he thought I gave him too much. I let him know that I didn't give him too much and told him Happy New Year and he left again.

Well, I ate some pizza and drank some more beer. I was so tired from working (We just moved into a new office so I was moving office furniture up and down stairs all day to make sure that we are all ready to go at the start of next week.) and full of pizza and beer.

I said goodnight to my imgur friend and my brothers and fell asleep on the couch. It was probably about 11:15 or so when I fell asleep. (Yeah, I didn't even make it till 12)

Around 1, I woke up because I thought I heard something. I sleep pretty lightly. I opened the front door to see what the hell was going on and saw the pizza delivery guy's car there again. I stepped outside to try and figure out the situation and the mother fuckin pizza guy walked around the corner and pointed a gun at me. He told me to go inside and said he knew that I had money because he'd seen my money when I tipped him. I literally said "What the gently caress?" He told me to bring him inside and get my wallet. I was semi-drunk and half-asleep, so, without thinking, I jumped down the 3-step landing and superman punched the guy right in the face.

It knocked the guy out immediately. I called the police right away. While waiting for the police, I noticed my hand hurt so bad. The cops showed up pretty quick, along with an ambulance and a firetruck. Not quite sure why they showed up too, but I'm glad they did. Turns out my hand is broken as well as a few fingers.

I talked to the police for about 2 hours. Filled out a poo poo ton of paper work and went back inside. I locked the doors and went to bed. My good ol' dog was still sound asleep.

What a great start to the new year! Actually, I find it quite hilarious. Happy New Year to all you glorious people.

TL;DR - Ordered pizza, pizza guy came back hours later to rob me, knocked him out, broke my hand, Happy New Year.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

shit_that_happens_every_monday

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

goose fleet posted:

I said goodnight to my imgur friend

I also love how easy people think it is to knock someone out cold.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Filled out some paperwork, with a broken hand/fingers, and then went to bed, instead of seeking medical attention. This person has never broken a bone in his life.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Phosphine posted:

Filled out some paperwork, with a broken hand/fingers, and then went to bed, instead of seeking medical attention. This person has never broken a bone in his life.

Well, there was an ambulance so they fixed his broken hand right away.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

jodai posted:

Well, there was an ambulance so they fixed his broken hand right away.

No no, the ambulance was for the stickup guy that he completely devastated.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Fathis Munk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPKveuAlfVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqgmS_Y5Qk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHhpp3AJsY

????

Dude's story didn't happen, but people's brain cages can be remarkably fragile.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Jan 2, 2016

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Zelder posted:

People called me crazy, an anti Semite when I said there was a School Wide Council of Jewish Youth who were pulling the strings, but I'm not so crazy now am I? ? ?

The Protocols of the Juniors of Zion.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Phosphine posted:

Filled out some paperwork, with a broken hand/fingers.

You're not being as insightful as you think; you're coming across like you don't actually understand how language, or crime reporting works

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Fathis Munk posted:

Australia has a problem with drunken louts with tiny penises who think that they need to prove their masculinity by walking up behind someone and either smashing them over the head with a beer class, or punching the gently caress out of their neck. It usually results in the victim dying or being quadriplegic and has gotten people pissed off to the point that the criminal penalties are being upped and the media has cooperated in renaming the attack from "king hit" to "coward punch".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A drunken coward sneaking up on someone and attacking them for no good reason is basically the perfect microcosm for the history of Australia.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

It's an ostrich :)

Her 6 year old does this of his own free will.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
It's one of those times where it's just sad whether it's real or not

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

goose fleet posted:

It's one of those times where it's just sad whether it's real or not

Sadder is the MRA backlash in the comments.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I think it's important to teach your boy to respect women and proper table manners. It isn't good when you do it because of your emotional baggage.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Non Serviam posted:

I think it's important to teach your boy to respect women and proper table manners. It isn't good when you do it because of your emotional baggage.

Ehhh, having had an experience of being emotionally or physically abused by a man would probably motivate a lot of women to teach their sons to respect women from a young age and that seems more than reasonable. It's still creepy going on "dates" with your son though (whether or not it happened).

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kid's got a sweet wallet, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Oedipus Paulun.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Teaching a kid respect is good and all, but how cheap and lovely do you have to be to have a kid pay for your meal?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Teaching a kid respect is good and all, but how cheap and lovely do you have to be to have a kid pay for your meal?

Where...where do you think the kid got the money?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Non Serviam posted:

Wasn't she one of those MTV teenage pregnancy reality show people?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

tacodaemon posted:

Wasn't she one of those MTV teenage pregnancy reality show people?

According to google, yes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

loving comic book wallet? Lol she ain't gonna gently caress you when u got one of those

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

13Pandora13 posted:

Working in the mills, naturally.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

13Pandora13 posted:

Working his rear end off for a heartless prick of a boss just to put food on the table, that's how!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It'd be fun to know if he has access to that money at any other point. Even aside from getting trips to the store and whatnot, there's the fact that schools (at least around here) have gone nuts with nickel and diming the kids. Stuff like a cookie at lunch for an extra dollar, ice cream for like 3 bucks on whatever day of the week (complete with big signs advertising it at the dropoff areas), fancy pencils for 50c, etc.

The real value would be teaching the kid to resist blowing it on all that crap when he has the money burning a hole in his pocket, but something tells me the big boy money only comes out on their dates, and maybe a dollar when they go out for planned grocery trips

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Paying for dinner doesn't preclude being an abuser. In fact, it could make him feel like he is "owed" something because he spent money on dinner by his date. You could just work on teaching the child to have healthy interactions with children his age, but that seems too easy and not as shareable on Facebook.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol if the kid turns out to be gay.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ferretsrule posted:

I don't think you can say he earns money for doing chores when you only allow him to spend the money on you.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm going to aim to make a lovely feel-good fakepost on social media this year that makes me internet famous, such is my dream.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Eponine posted:

Paying for dinner doesn't preclude being an abuser. In fact, it could make him feel like he is "owed" something because he spent money on dinner by his date. You could just work on teaching the child to have healthy interactions with children his age, but that seems too easy and not as shareable on Facebook.

Yeah, plenty of abusers are perfectly charming at first. Even Patrick Bateman took women out to nice restaurants and picked up the tab.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

http://imgur.com/gallery/fAHKq

:happened:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And then I unknowingly married my sister.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

yay :buddy: also, content! Stupid, stupid content.

quote:

Even the retarded need jobs in this country.

I realise this is from ages ago but doesn't this explain about 99% of these STDHs????

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

And then I unknowingly married my sister.

That would've actually been more realistic than the story we got.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

That family's name?

The Aristocrats

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

netally posted:

Yeah, plenty of abusers are perfectly charming at first. Even Patrick Bateman took women out to nice restaurants and picked up the tab.

Mom, don't just stare at her rear end - eat it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

ferretsrule posted:

Aside from the details, is it really that weird that a child would "buy" his mom dinner? I did it as a birthday present for my mom at that age, not knowing that she was actually taking the brunt of the cost or ignoring that the money was technically from her and the family. It's something nice and makes you feel more "grown-up", or at least that was my intention. That said, once a month at restaurant was too rich for my childhood blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Aside from the details, is it really that weird that a child would "buy" his mom dinner? I did it as a birthday present for my mom at that age, not knowing that she was actually taking the brunt of the cost or ignoring that the money was technically from her and the family. It's something nice and makes you feel more "grown-up", or at least that was my intention. That said, once a month at restaurant was too rich for my childhood blood.

No, as with a lot of things, I think the part that gets it put in this thread isn't that it is unbelievable, but more that it is really annoying to take some simple and probably common thing and turn it into whatever that stupid wall of text is next to the picture.

• Locked thread