Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

VineST posted:

you can already modify character starting items, but yeah, you have to replace an existing character

Is the official mod support going to allow inserting instead of replacing? If so I can only imagine the huge, MUGEN-esque abominations the roster turns into.

And I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the keeper would be fine and also make a lot more sense if you could actually get more loving heart(coin?) containers

Cobalt60 posted:

Is Brains the worst challenge?? Tell me it is, it's the only one I have left, and I've also finished almost all the post-its.

I'd consider cheating or cheezing Brains, if anyone has any pointers on how to do so.
Brains is totally fine.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

It also would help if the coin hearts were different than regular hearts in any way what so ever aside from that you replenish them with coins instead of hearts.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It'd be cool if grabbing higher value coins would give you hearts that could take multiple hits.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Personally, I think it should just be that nickles and dimes give you soul and sin type coins respectively instead of just healing your regular red heart type coins. The relative rarity of the higher denomination coins would make it so that Keeper plays more like a classic binding of isaac character, so hard but not BS hard like he is now.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
I think if the keeper just started with swallowed penny and normal speed he would be fine as a challenge character. As is he's driving me nuts, but the only other thing I have left outside of his post it marks is the speed challenge, which is even more bullshit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow the daily is insane. The boss rush seems useless for this run though (also holy poo poo there's a boss rush), the D8 though you get max damage, decent range and speed as Azazel as it is.

e: well gently caress, died at Satan because a bomb enemy spawned inside me.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 4, 2016

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The Bee posted:

Is the official mod support going to allow inserting instead of replacing? If so I can only imagine the huge, MUGEN-esque abominations the roster turns into.
And I can't wait.

i sure darn hope so, i have thought of a handful of things to do with lua already, namely unique BFFs! sprites for familiars

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm getting real sick of seeing The Haunt and the Rag Man as the first bosses in every single run now.

e: I'm quickly remembering why I stopped bothering to play BoI in the first place.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 4, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just reset until I have a passable start nowadays, with the increased health on average for early game enemies, it keeps me sane.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rag Man's really not that bad unless you're playing someone absolutely lovely like Maggy or Eve (in which case, yes, Rag Man's a fuckin' nightmare)

but, yeah, gently caress The Haunt

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I find the haunt a lot simpler to deal with using lovely characters than rag man, since the spider heads he drops can quickly add up to make the fight unreasonable. the haunt only has the three ghosts that don't even all attack at the same time, and can easily be chumped by bombs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Toxxupation posted:

Rag Man's really not that bad unless you're playing someone absolutely lovely like Maggy or Eve (in which case, yes, Rag Man's a fuckin' nightmare)

Oh no he's pretty easy, he's just a chore. Especially with no damage ups.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Double Rag Man in the Greed mode Basement can go straight to hell, though.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Mostly Rag Man is just tedious but I get hit a lot by his quick fire homing shots. Usually it's just because I'm in too close, but they can be real tough to avoid with low range.

But then you fight him in the chest and he's not even a serious threat. I hate that I'm saying this but I wish the bosses got a bit of HP scaling if they're gonna appear in the Chest. Some enemies already have it, right?

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

Prop Wash posted:

Mostly Rag Man is just tedious but I get hit a lot by his quick fire homing shots. Usually it's just because I'm in too close, but they can be real tough to avoid with low range.

But then you fight him in the chest and he's not even a serious threat. I hate that I'm saying this but I wish the bosses got a bit of HP scaling if they're gonna appear in the Chest. Some enemies already have it, right?

The Chest is either the fun victory lap where you vaporize everything or a tense nightmare, depending on the strength of your run. If its the former, hp scaling wouldn't matter and if its the latter, it would suck. The Rag Man room is a reprieve to charge up your active item, hope for another item drop or whatever. Not every room has to be double Adversary.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

They haven't said anything about the new DLC being free, so I guess it won't be?

I think I'm done with the game either way. Afterbirth never really grabbed me like the base game did

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Edmund Honda posted:

They haven't said anything about the new DLC being free, so I guess it won't be?

I think I'm done with the game either way. Afterbirth never really grabbed me like the base game did

It won't be free.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lilith getting screw shot, charger baby, long legs, BFF and a stat extender and then TWO quick charge upgrades... holy gently caress. Even one minion was spitting enough screws out to win easy, then you get like 12..

And I thought the run right before where Azazel got eyes in the back of his head followed by Monstro's Lung and 20/20 resulting in "murder attacks in every drat direction" was OP.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Today's daily was fun. The treasure room with the reroll machine produced Money = Power, and I got the Head of Greed blowing up a shopkeeper in the next secret room. Roll in money, kill Satan. Therapeutic after beating myself against Keeper the past week or so.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Started a decent run as the keeper, had skinny odd mushroom, proptosis, cricket's body, roid rage, nine lives, then had a telepills that put me inside a cursed room. gently caress

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

You can exit a curse room with 9 lives by walking into the doorframe, instead of through the door. The spikes will kill you inside the room and you'll respawn outside.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

senrath posted:

You can exit a curse room with 9 lives by walking into the doorframe, instead of through the door. The spikes will kill you inside the room and you'll respawn outside.

Invaluable knowledge earned through blood by those of us who played pre-buff Lost.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

senrath posted:

Yeah i dud that then the game respawned me in the next room, directly on top of a spike. Died again, then it respawned me another room over where i died again and decided to take the rest of the night off

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I find the haunt a lot simpler to deal with using lovely characters than rag man, since the spider heads he drops can quickly add up to make the fight unreasonable. the haunt only has the three ghosts that don't even all attack at the same time, and can easily be chumped by bombs

My experience with Ragman is that he's fairly easy when he's on his own, a pain in the rear end when he spawns in with even one spider to start with. If you're able to keep up with him he's not really that bad, but you can start behind the curve and that is loving garbage.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Thread title should be The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Edmund loves you, can't you see

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

what the gently caress http://bindingofisaac.com/post/136686594689/2

afterbirth+ info

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014
Chriiiiist, what an insufferable little poo poo.
That said, sounds like a pretty decent expansion!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spergminer posted:

afterbirth+ info

God I love Edmund so much, he's such a dick

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Spergminer posted:

afterbirth+ info

Oh god it really is going to be Binding of Mugen. This is a very scary thought.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Goddamn the keeper is such garbage. Its bad enough he's slow, its bad enough his shot speed is poo poo, its bad enough his luck is garbage, then any hit you take is red heart damage, its like they went down the list of character attributes and hit "unfun" for every single one

Another day, another couple hours sunk into keeper mode runs with absolutely nothing to show for it because if you dont play him absolutely perfectly you will get killed immediately

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Today I learned not to use We Have To Go Deeper in a challenge because it fucks you out of the trophy.

I also learned Sheol has a room where twenty ghosts can spawn. It's a small room.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spergminer posted:

afterbirth+ info

Here's how I predict will happen at launch

-about 20% of items are broken, half of them aren't even in the pools

-Edmund focuses on another convoluted ARG to unlock more unfun poo poo

-Smug-rear end tyrone, sitting on a beach, sipping a mai-tai while reading the BoI reddit

-Triple haunt and rag man have a 90% chance of spawning in the basement boss room

-New enemies are recolors of Afterbirth enemies, but with even more health

-"WiiU is not getting Binding of Isaac at all because the PS Vita is better :colbert:"

-No bug fixes for the following two weeks, as nicalis is on vacation for that time

-Greed mode +, all the items in it are poop related, enemies steal pennies if they touch you

-nicalis makes another cash pile from being completely incompetent, nobody learned anything

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BillmasterCozb posted:

Here's how I predict will happen at launch

-about 20% of items are broken, half of them aren't even in the pools

-Edmund focuses on another convoluted ARG to unlock more unfun poo poo

-Smug-rear end tyrone, sitting on a beach, sipping a mai-tai while reading the BoI reddit

-Triple haunt and rag man have a 90% chance of spawning in the basement boss room

-New enemies are recolors of Afterbirth enemies, but with even more health

-"WiiU is not getting Binding of Isaac at all because the PS Vita is better :colbert:"

-No bug fixes for the following two weeks, as nicalis is on vacation for that time

-Greed mode +, all the items in it are poop related, enemies steal pennies if they touch you

-nicalis makes another cash pile from being completely incompetent, nobody learned anything

I think we get it by now, dude.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dias posted:

I think we get it by now, dude.

I mean, I'm sure it'll turn out fine, really. Nicalis might be baaaad, but I think they're going to put more effort into bug-testing this time. And, who knows, we might get a fun new character or two, or just making old characters better to keep pace with ones like Lilith or Samson. Really if there's one thing I want, it'd be a small buff for ???, because..I can't remember the last time I played him, or even stopped to consider him

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

We'll see. I'm not as interested in the game anymore as I was before and I certainly won't pre-order it this time. If it turns out to be a buggy mess/even more nerfed, they won't get my money at all. I'll depend on this thread to tell me whether it's worth buying or not because I trust the opinion of goons without question.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I just hope any new characters open up the game space as much as Lilith did, where the items you want for her are markedly different than the items you'd want for everyone else. Compared to Eden/Lazarus who are :effort:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think you'll find that eden is super cool and unique because you never know what you're gonna get with him

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

gently caress the loving Keeper I haven't gotten more than a handful of floors deep with him. Is his item pool really limited or am I crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

bassguitarhero posted:

Goddamn the keeper is such garbage. Its bad enough he's slow, its bad enough his shot speed is poo poo, its bad enough his luck is garbage, then any hit you take is red heart damage, its like they went down the list of character attributes and hit "unfun" for every single one

Another day, another couple hours sunk into keeper mode runs with absolutely nothing to show for it because if you dont play him absolutely perfectly you will get killed immediately

Heres how to make keeper playable. HP ups add coin slots up to like 4-5 and or he starts with a trinket that removes hp ups from the pool.