Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
SO LONG GAY BOWSER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

hubris.height posted:

its like a parade of depressing comments

did they get instructions to read more shoutouts from people affected by cancer?

IIRC yes they are supposed to.

As much as I just tend to ignore them, I don't have a problem with them. The juxtaposition doesn't really diminish the fact that this is an event to raise money for charity. At worst it's a bit annoying but at best it gets more people to give.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
casual 1:44

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

thank god this race is done. it had a few good moments and simply let me down in the end.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I love the overlays with the first second and third, and just the way more professional looking stream this year

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
What a fun run, but MAN it'd be great to see Simply in first.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They always read sad as gently caress donation messages since forever while any type of game is playing, since literally forever. Get over it guys

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think it's inherently bad but there's definitely a dissonance when someone's talking about how all their family died and you have mario going YAHOO in the back

it feels...disrespectful? Not that the donater can help it but that's the vibe

Can you stop?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah this same race at sgdq was a lot better

OH WELL THE CANT ALL BE WINNERS

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

simply :(

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Cowman posted:

thank god this race is done. it had a few good moments and simply let me down in the end.

I feel like the best races are generally under an hour. Longer ones tend to rack up mistakes or time-saves and unless you get some happy accidents or unforeseen problems, then the lead doesn't change all that much.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Erata posted:

What a fun run, but MAN it'd be great to see Simply in first.

:yeah:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Simply last :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Good drama during this race. I still can't believe that simply choked so hard

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mercy killing time.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NOT LIKE THIS SIMPLY YOU CAN DO IT

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh god the pity cheers just made him choke again. I feel so awful having seen that

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I'm so ANGRY at Simply right now. Sucking all those drat eggs

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
meh, i just don't like being reminded of my mortality while listening to people crack wise about beating a video game

its fine, and of course in an event like this it will be there, its just not fun i suppose.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hubris.height posted:

meh, i just don't like being reminded of my mortality while listening to people crack wise about beating a video game

its fine, and of course in an event like this it will be there, its just not fun i suppose.

Don't watch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

OatmealRaisin posted:

I'm so ANGRY at Simply right now. Sucking all those drat eggs

At least a dozen

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Haha. drat.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ways the crowd could be helping: Shouting "SO LONG GAY BOWSER" in unison every toss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So many shots fired lmao

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:negative: Simply

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just think it's really jarring with all the "half my family died to cancer the last year.. That said, SCREW THE ANIMALS KILL THEM ALL" comments :v:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

hubris.height posted:

SPEEDRUNNING IS NOT ABOUT FUN

:goonsay:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mario 64 has the best credits music of all time.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Top 3 players in the world? what happened to Sig?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
and now i sleep.

gently caress you fire emblem

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I just think it's really jarring with all the "half my family died to cancer the last year.. That said, SCREW THE ANIMALS KILL THEM ALL" comments :v:

Sobstory donations are the worst

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Shoutouts to the couch for bein' Simply supportive. :kimchi:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Photex posted:

he is dead

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Mario 64 has the best credits music of all time.

it's my wrestling entrance theme

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Simply how could you do this you had the victory in your hands and you squeezed

edit: phew beardman was ok and kept his seat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I looked behind the cyclops eye and found six hundo dollars

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Photex posted:

he stopped devoting his time to SM64, and got overtaken in the leaderboards

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Crain posted:

and now i sleep.

gently caress you fire emblem

The most boring part of work and I've got fire emblem to keep me entertained, gently caress everything.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I've never actually watched a Fire Emblem run but I know the game is slow and boring as hell (good though) so I'm not too excited :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Your Computer posted:

IMO it's not the fact that they read sad comments, so much as they choose really awkward times to read them, or follow them up with jokey comments.

I love Spike "Two Anime Character Names Mashed Together" Vegeta but I feel like he's the most guilty out of any of the donation readers of just, not reading the mood and saying donation comments in order, as he gets them, instead of when they're appropriate.

• Locked thread