Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm working late shift tonight, come DJ with me and keep it tolerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I'm working late shift tonight, come DJ with me and keep it tolerable

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
TV IV is terrible... Except for the Survivor thread... Except for the three regulars in it that I have on ignore because they're lovely to others.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
derp stop acting above it all. It's not a binary state, nerd or not nerd. It's just a matter of degrees. You can still be passionate and care about something without being obnoxious, so don't conflate the two.

Also I'm going to be opening my game back up soon, sorry for the wait.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

derp stop acting above it all. It's not a binary state, nerd or not nerd. It's just a matter of degrees. You can still be passionate and care about something without being obnoxious, so don't conflate the two.

I believe the Siths teach you that passion leads to hate.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hate leads to lettuce. Lettuce leads to tortillas. Tortillas lead to chicken wraps. And chicken wraps just lead to suffering!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a chicken wrap yesterday cause my mom wanted some fast food and I figured okay I will just have a little chicken wrap instead. It was bigger than if I had just ordered a burger. Took me all day to eat.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

See!? That's some dark side poo poo right there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

meat is murder and murder is really dark side-y.

I am ordering Tofu Pad Thai tonight I will provide a trip report later.

I don't know, Jedi sure like killing.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

meat is murder and murder is really dark side-y.

I am ordering Tofu Pad Thai tonight I will provide a trip report later.

Tofu Pad Thai is my favorite even when I am eating meat. The only thing that even comes close is shrimp.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love Tofu Pad Thai

I should eat more Tofu and more Pad Thai tbh

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah I guess I shouldn't passion shame or whatever but I never could understand that level of passion for a fictional person or world. Unless you created it yourself I guess

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EXAKT Science posted:

The only thing that even comes close is shrimp.

oh yeah!

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/series/modern-day-slavery-in-focus+world/thailand

people should really stop eating shrimp :coolfish:

and all meat but esp. shrimp.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Can I eat human flesh, Ecco?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you can do anything you put your mind to, keane!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Thank you for your approval of my ogre ways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The correct things to put in Pad Thai are Chicken and Shrimp.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

oh yeah!

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/series/modern-day-slavery-in-focus+world/thailand

people should really stop eating shrimp :coolfish:

and all meat but esp. shrimp.

I get that these are real problems that deserve attention, and that the most ethical thing is generally to curtail one's consumption to attempt to dissuade current market practices from continuing but can you please knock it off in this thread? It comes off as smug and it is irritating.

Or if the gbs-style message is more effective, plz dont meatshame

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 27, 2020

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

in other news, I am staring at a lava lamp.

I've wanted a lava lamp for a long time and there was one in storage at my girlfriend's parents place, so we brought it back with us after our last visit.

It is everything I ever wanted in shiny, glowing, low-wattage entertainment.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

I get that these are real problems that deserve attention, and that the most ethical thing is generally to curtail one's consumption to attempt to dissuade current market practices from continuing but can you please knock it off in this thread? It comes off as smug and it is irritating.

I get that this a problem that isn't being solved whatsoever, so can you please stop bringing attention to it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BottleKnight posted:

I get that this a problem that isn't being solved whatsoever, so can you please stop bringing attention to it?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Telephone is a much less impressive PBP game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

Heres a suggestion: Don't Care What Ecco Thinks About Things

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Don't care about anything ever, let yourself drift in a lifetime devoid of meaning.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Don't care about anything ever, let yourself drift in a lifetime devoid of meaning.
yep, on it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
when i kill an animal i stare into its eyes for several seconds before plunging the knife in and covering myself in its entrails

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I care about others' inability to not care...its loving bullshit mate.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I enjoy being me a lot of the time.

CCKeane posted:

:disagree:

who is super excited about the new x-files episodes? I am it's me at least, I have already scribbled it into my calendar so I can watch them live.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Woo I finished all of my marking.

I have such a headache. :(

I'm gonna go to bed soon, I have to get up early to go yell at my landlord. I put in a work order over a month ago to fix my leaky bathroom faucet and they still haven't done it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

100% unironically agree

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tommunist posted:

when i kill an animal i stare into its eyes for several seconds before plunging the knife in and covering myself in its entrails

Oddly enough, me too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Functionally eating tofu has an identical carbon footprint to eating chicken because of the processing it goes through, plus soybeans are sourced with a fraction of the scrutiny of the chicken option. blah blah blah there is no ethical consumption in late capitalism blah blah blah

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't care for tofu, which is weird because I'm usually very good at deluding myself into accepting garbage into my life with great fervor

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Power of Pecota posted:

Functionally eating tofu has an identical carbon footprint to eating chicken because of the processing it goes through, plus soybeans are sourced with a fraction of the scrutiny of the chicken option. blah blah blah there is no ethical consumption in late capitalism blah blah blah

nah

http://www.ewg.org/meateatersguide/a-meat-eaters-guide-to-climate-change-health-what-you-eat-matters/climate-and-environmental-impacts/

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I like tofu when it's prepared certain ways (there was a fried tofu green curry I loved, plus the little cubes in the Dan Dan noodles at a place called Bo Ling's) but I've never been able to replicate it on my own. I think I've actually trashed as much tofu that I've prepared as I've actually ended up eating.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What makes you believe that you hold an ethical obligation to your environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tremendous Taste posted:

What makes you believe that you hold an ethical obligation to your environment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdaeCpIqmA